Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: So glad to hear things are on track!

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm so so sorry to hear the news. Wishing you lots of luck for this next cycle.

I feel like I'm too far gone to catch up with all the posts at this point. Please reply to this if you individually have a major update that I've missed.

As for me, just chillin on CD8. Finished Femara last night, have my CD12 ultrasound Sunday morning at 8:30am (booooooo). Starting OPKs on Saturday, expecting a positive by Tuesday AM, trigger shot Tuesday PM and then IUI on either Wednesday or Thursday.

@snarkybiochemist (or anyone who's done IUI): How long did your IUI take? Did you go back to work afterwards?

Oh and speaking of clueless husbands, my DH has had a string of TERRIBLE things happen to him, all having to do with transportation. First his hand-built bike frame cracked, then his motorcycle crapped out. We only have one car so he's borrowing a bike from a friend in order to get around. Anyway, yesterday evening we were dealing with his motorcycle which had stalled on the way to work. And I also happened to have received my HCG trigger shot in the mail. I had said something to him about how he should have a glass of whiskey since he had such a shitty day. And then he said something about doing my shot. I said I'd do it after I watered the garden. I thought he wanted me to take a shot of whiskey with him. And then when I get back in he's like all ready (and weirdly excited?) to give me my trigger shot. I was like, LOL I was talking about a shot of whiskey! Anyway I explained to him that it's way too early for my trigger shot and we probably wouldn't do it until Tuesday. And then we both took a shot of whiskey, hahaha.

2. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: The IUI was about the same length of a pap-smear and then I laid on the table for 10-15 min afterwords. The long part is that processing the sperm takes an hr before the IUI. I didn't go back to work afterwords for several reasons, 1) my IUI was at 1pm and I met my husband at home over his lunch break to get the sperm (so sexy) 2) I work about an hr from my RE's office 3) I can only take off in 4hr chunks of time 4) I was a little worried about cramps and just wanted to be able to wear yoga pants and relax. The cramping really wasn't too bad but mentally I liked being able to camp out on the couch after the IUI and relax.

3. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: Also glad that your husband is excited for this cycle and the IUI and all that comes with it

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah I'm thinking the same thing in terms of relaxing afterwards. But it really depends on what time it gets scheduled for, which I won't even know until Tuesday probably. I wish I could just take the whole day off. I have the vacation time but I have too much work to do to take a day off right now. I'm hoping it'll be at like 3pm or something so I can still get a good workday in but then go home right afterwards.

Ugh, I hope this works. Starting to get anxious about it.

5. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: That was the hardest part of the IUI, not knowing when it would be scheduled. Thankfully my work is really ok with random time off with 24 hrs notice. Some of the scheduling will depend on when you trigger and what your doctor likes as a window. My doctor likes IUI's done within 30 hrs of trigger.

6. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I already told my boss I have a medical procedure but that I don't know when it will be. He's being cool about it especially since he just had an unexpected medical problem come up himself. I'm a reporter so I just have to make sure not to schedule any interviews on Wednesday and Thursday, which is definitely a challenge but not impossible I guess.

7. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@dominobee: I didn't even know if I would be able to do the IUI until the morning of my last follicle scan so I only had 24 hrs to tell my boss that I would be out the next afternoon at least you were able to give some notice.

8. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

OMFG these cramps are terrible. I think these are my worst ones yet with AF. 😭😭😭

9. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: Big hugs. I'm thinking of you. Are you working or home?

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm sorry, cramps are the worst. Ibuprofen should help if you have any.

11. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm sorry sweetheart

12. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@dominobee: I'm glad to hear you get to do the IUI this cycle. And I really hope your DH's week gets better! Sounds like a mess!

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@periwinklebee: YAY! So happy to see your update!! Sending lots of love and sticky thoughts to that little grain of rice!

14. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dominobee: Yay for the IUI! Glad to see that you're back.

15. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I'm officially out. AF showed up this am (at least she is regular!) and I called my OB's office for the referral to the RE. Now to wait to hear back.

16. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@jhd: Sorry about AF I hope the referral is quick and you can get an appointment as soon as you are ready!

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

The progesterone is making me so tired and giving me crazy dizzy spells. It's one thing to have these symptoms when you are actually pregnant but another to have them when chances are you aren't pregnant.

18. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrskansas: thanks. i hope you start feeling better. that does not sound fun at all!

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@knittylady: @bhbee: Thank you guys I'm rooting so hard for both of you this month.

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: thinking of you! And about the "shot" - oh wow, it's the sort of thing where I don't know if I would want to laugh hysterically or cry. But going with laughter is I'm sure best, I really hope this does the trick for you.

@mrskansas: I'm really sorry, I know this must suck. You probably are already, but staying super hydrated can help.

@jhd: I'm really sorry about AF but glad you got the referral. I hope they call back soon. When is your beach vacation?

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm so sorry If you're at home and haven't already, maybe try a heating pad (or just warming up a bag of rice or something along those lines).

21. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm at work. 😭 Trying to get through the day without crying from physical pain and emotionally while I see some babies in clinic.

22. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm sorry to read your update. I'm literally about 5 days ahead of you with the same situation so feel free to wall me.
    It was bad cramps and one day of very heavy clotty period but then it just stopped and overall it was shorter than usual. Only 2 days of bleeding.
    Hugs to you.

23. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@SweetiePie: thank you. I thought it was gonna start off light but as soon as 9am hit, it's been a train wreck until now. It's heavy with lots of clots. I'm hoping this won't last long like yours. But back to Femara on Friday!

@mrskansas: my OB recommended to POAS 14 days after ovulation also (which I did last cycle). Maybe this time around they'll do betas as soon as I get a BFP.

24. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm sorry. I know it really, really sucks. On the day I started bleeding with my CP, I had to get up at 5am, fly to Chicago, and then spend all day in meetings pretending to be happy, where I swore everyone just wanted to talk about their kids. I'm sure it would have been much worse if there had been actual babies around. I felt pretty miserable for awhile afterwards and it really drove home how important it was to find ways to care for myself. Treat yourself to something you love when you get home from work or over the weekend, if you're feeling up to it.

ETA: mine also started off really heavy and yuck, but didn't last that long.

25. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@dominobee: happy to read your update about IUI this month. I hope this is it!

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm so sorry. I had a medically induced MC and it was just terrible, between the pain and the emotions of it all. I hope you can get home soon and take care of yourself.

26. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm so sorry you are stuck at work feeling that way. I hope you can get home soon.

27. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@periwinklebee: we go to the beach the 2nd week of June. Today hasn't been too bad. I ended up taking LO to an indoor trampoline place he's been dying to go to. And it wasn't crowded so I jumped too. Which I would never do pregnant.

28. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jhd: That sounds like so much fun! I spent so many hours on our trampoline as a kid, but I don't think I've been on one for like 15 years!

29. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@jhd: sorry about AF, good luck with the RE!!!

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

I've been reading your comments to me while I'm at work. Sorry for not responding individually, but thank you all for such kind words. I'm so happy I'm part of this hive. I feel like I share you with all so many things I never thought I could share. You are all my safe place.

Not to be creepy, but I think about you all everyday and what we all go through. I may not always respond or comment directly back to an individual, but you're in my thoughts.

31. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: So much love your way.

32. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: ugh I am so sorry to see your news. Thinking of you, hope your physical symptoms are at least improving. Hang in there

33. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Top is yesterday, bottom is today. It got darker. I hate the trigger!

Maybe I should buy some of the digital tests. It would be a lot easier!

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Have you gone crazy testing yet??

35. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: trigger is seriously the worst. Tests just aren't made to be precise enough to tell you a true negative
    Sending you all good wishes to survive until you can get a clear answer!

36. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: Yeah especially with these Wondfos.. they pick up anything!
    I'm actually feeling pretty calm about it. I'm only 6/7 DPO so there isn't even a possibility of a real BFP yet.

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Anyone have thoughts on doing the 7 DPO progesterone test? I haven't done it in the past but I'm not sure how valuable that information would be, especially since I'm on supplements.

38. mrslibrarian

coffee bean / 39 posts

@mrskansas: my Dr had me do it before she prescribed Clomid. Though I'm not sure what the reasoning was. Just to make sure I ovulated on my own?

39. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@mrslibrarian: Yeah I don't see why it would be beneficial since I'm on Femara & supplements. I'll probably just save myself the blood draw and skip it!

40. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@mrskansas: I've thought about getting a progesterone test done. The only reason I've considered it is because 2 years ago my sister had 3 chemical pregnancies in a row and found out it was because her progesterone was too low. She had a normal 13-14 day luteal phase and no spotting before her period, so no real signs that anything was wrong.

My luteal phase is usually 12 days and since my loss last year I've had red spotting before my period, which never used to happen, so I've wondered about progesterone...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee