Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 POAS

1. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@PeaceLily: It can't hurt! And I do think it would be a good idea if you're spotting before your period.
    There are numerous options if it does come back low that can be an easy fix.

2. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@mrskansas: You're right, it definitely wouldn't hurt to get tested and I know a progesterone issue can be an easy fix. Not sure why I've been putting it off. I think the thought of starting any sort of testing freaks me out.

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@PeaceLily: Yeah it freaked me out too. Do you have a RE or just an OB?

4. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@PeaceLily: I know this is kind of random, but I have a short-ish luteal phase and in the past have also had spotting for a few days before my period. I read that b-vitamins and magnesium are super important for producing progesterone. I started spraying on a squirt of magnesium oil at night before bed, taking vitamin b-6, and drinking blue-green algae kombucha, which is supposed to be one of the best natural sources of b vitamins. After that, I didn't spot and got pregnant much easier. I started doing it around the time of my first loss, so it could have been a coincidence or that the loss reset something, but I think it may have helped.

5. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@mrskansas: I just have an OB.

@periwinklebee: Thanks for the suggestions! I actually took B6 last year the month I got pregnant. That was the first month I took it. I ended up ovulating on day 28 or 29 when I took it though so I've been scared to take it again for the whole month. There was one month this year where I took it after I ovulated and I think it pushed back my luteal phase 1 day, but it didn't help with spotting so I stopped taking it.

I'm going to look into a b-complex and magnesium. The kombucha sounds good! I think my acupuncturist mentioned this as well, but I never ordered any.

6. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I sneezed and I could feel an achy-ness in both of my ovaries.
    What are the chances they missed a follicle on my left side?! Unlikely but of course it crossed my mind. I feel like the universe would be like, here, you lost three babies, so here are three all at the same time! I cannot even imagine.

7. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@PeaceLily: I used the GT Kombucha brand. They make one blue-green algae one with chia seeds, which I liked the taste, and one without, which I didn't like but drank it anyways for the b vitamins. I would be hesitant to take b6 as well if I thought it affected when I ovulated substantially. I've read though that spotting is actually more about the strength of ovulation than what happens during the luteal phase itself (I think it's a controversial subject), so not sure just taking it after ovulation would help.

The other thing that I'm pretty sure influenced my spotting was stress - that could be part of the reason it's tied to your loss... I know you're already doing acupuncture, which I'm sure helps some with relaxation.

So rooting for you...

8. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@periwinklebee: I saw the GT brand and thought it looked good. Glad to hear that's the one you used! That's interesting about the strength of ovulation and spotting. I found a b-complex that has a decent amount of B6 in it and may order that to take all month. I am going to ask my husband to take it too since he's vegan and I'm vegetarian so there's a good chance both of us are low on B12.

I'm sure stress could be a reason for spotting as well. I only started feeling less stressed and more back to normal last month. It took longer than I was expecting...

9. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@mrskansas: Have you taken an opk?

10. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Coral: No, it would probably be positive or close to it with the residual HCG in my system.

11. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@PeaceLily: This seems like a good plan!

I'm sorry that recovery has taken longer than expected but I think it's completely normal given everything you've been through. Sending lots of healing thoughts...

12. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@periwinklebee: Thanks

13. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I have lots of cheapies so I figured I'd test again. This afternoons test was with a short hold and yet it's darker than FMU yesterday and today. This is becoming a science experiment lol

14. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@mrskansas: Whoa! Fingers crossed!

15. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: ooohhh. Hoping this month is it for you!!

16. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@mrskansas: looking good!

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I'm barely 7 dpo so no way that's real yet. I'm glad it's early or I would be going crazy!

18. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: are you testing out the trigger??? I forget ....

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: yep!

20. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@mrskansas: did you test today? Still a line??

21. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I just tested and there is no hint of a line. Yay! I'm either 7 or 8 DPO so I'll probably test again Sunday. I'm just glad to see a !

Also I think the one last night was a fluke. I had it in the bathroom with a lot of humidity and I think that made it look darker, if that's possible. I looked at it after it dried off and there was no line.

22. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: yahoo! I'll be lurking this weekend. Traveling to see family so won't be around much except to check on how everyone else is doing.

23. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: We have a busy weekend as well so hopefully that keeps me distracted.

I get off work at 3 and then I'm going to dinner for my birthday with my mom and sister. Hopefully it will be my last time to drink for 9 months

24. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Bfn 9dpo!

25. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Ugh, hang in there! I personally have never gotten a positive at 9 DPO. It's still so early!

26. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: I hope so! Today is cd 28, which is when my period is due.

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Do you take progesterone for a short luteal phase?

28. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: I'm on it this cycle, and have enough for I think 15 days? Does that mean I would get a later bfp if successful?

29. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Not necessarily. I believe when you have a short luteal phase, it means your corpus luteum breaks down and stops producing progesterone too early, which doesn't give the embryo enough time to implant and send the message to the corpus luteum to keep producing progesterone. So by supplementing, you are giving the embryo more time to implant.

I don't know if I explained that well but if you are pregnant, everything should happen on a "normal" timeline. BFPs at 9 DPO are fairly uncommon I think. I would test again tomorrow or Sunday!

30. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: that makes sense. I got a positive on 11dpo with DD, but hadn't tested before then. I'm not feeling really hopeful though!

31. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: Well you never know! With my daughter, I got a negative at 9 DPO and didn't test again until 13 DPO and then it was positive. And I truly was not expecting to be pregnant.

I'm a day behind you at 8 DPO and not feeling very hopeful either though, so I get it. I think when you've been TTC for a while it's so hard to feel optimistic about it.

32. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Spotting! Brown spotting when I wiped with just a trace of red. I thought progesterone would've at least extended my luetal phase? It did last time.

33. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@dc yoga bee: gah! Are you still spotting?

34. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

Visiting family and my cousin just announced to us she's 5 weeks pregnant (which is what I would be if mine stuck). 😔 Go figure! It didn't hurt as much as I thought, but man, would've been nice to be 5 weeks also!

35. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Mrs. Oreo: I'm sorry. A friend of mine announced her pregnancy a week after my D&C and I was crushed. I am hopeful that your rainbow is right around the corner.

36. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Coral: thanks, lady. I'm trying to find joy in others' happiness. Reminding myself they may have had the same difficulties. 😊

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Tiny ghost line at 9 DPO. Wasn't expecting much since I tested negative at 9dpo with my daughter. I'm not feeling too hopeful though.

FRER yesterday was negative.

38. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: even with the negative yesterday it could even be trigger. But I hope not! I got a stark bfn at 9dpo with my son on a frer, and a squinter on a wondfo the next day. Hoping for good news tomorrow

39. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Hey all. I kinda fell off this board when I realized how high my post miscarriage hCG was and that it still could be weeks before it falls enough to ovulate. At this point, I'm hoping for June. I'm not that bummed about miscarrying, but I am starting to stress about the lost time. I've already missed two cycles worth of TTC and it'll be more before I actually ovulate.

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@bhbee: yeah I'm not believing it yet. I honestly can hardly even see the line so we'll see what happens. I had a lot of back cramping last night and I never have cramps so idk.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee