Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May Flower Power! May 2015 POAS

1. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

Hi all,

It's my first time joining this thread, though I have lurked on HB for a few months off and on. I feel like I already know some of you.

Backstory: DH and I have been NTNP our entire relationship of 7 years, but didn't start timing intercourse with gusto until January. Early on, I had a hunch something was up so we had an initial consultation with the RE this week. We got crazy bad news that DH has super low numbers all across the board. As in, "conceiving naturally is highly unlikely" bad... so we are repeating his SA and having my work-up (Day 3, etc. and HSG) done next week.

Meanwhile, miracles can happen so (especially after HSG's right?!)...

Cycle Day: 1
    TTC Cycle #: 5
    Ovulation and POAS dates: 5/5 and 5/21 (aka when my next period is due)
    Baby #:1
    Your plan this month: Continue with temping, OPKs, and hit the fertile window best we can; labs plus HSG (4/29). I won't POAS until I'm late. If we somehow luck out with a , I will also buy a lottery ticket.

I'll add my chart later, if that's okay.

And just for fun… Southern magnolias (which incidentally make me want to re-watch Steel Magnolias for the 100th time).

2. lady grey

pear / 1696 posts

@Amorini: welcome!

3. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@travellingbee: yep, this morning on the clearblue monitor; and the 2nd line was pretty clear to me. Then again, I don't really trust the CBFM, I think PCOS undermines it. I typically have about 5-6 high days before peak/O.

4. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@amorini: Welcome! FX that all your tests come back great, you need some encouragement it sounds like!

5. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@DesertDreams88: That is totally when I would think you'd O. 5ish days? But keep testing...

6. MrsYellowJacket

apricot / 378 posts

Hello! I finally get to join one of these
    Cycle Day: no idea! I'm on day 7 of stims in my IVF cycle
    TTC Cycle #: 3+ years
    Ovulation and POAS dates: egg retrieval is Tuesday. I know I won't be able to wait for a beta so I'll start testing May 8
    Baby #: 1
    Your plan this month: IVF with a 5day transfer on May 3

7. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@DesertDreams88: Your bush is lovely! Is it blooming right now?

8. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Amorini: Welcome, sorry about your DH's SA results. Hopefully your HSG will bring you two some luck.
    I'm pretty sure I O'd, so TWW here I come! I've never O'd this early, at least since I've charted. And my temps have been more consistent, I'm hoping that's a good sign.

9. Chloesmommie

pea / 24 posts

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I've been stalking for quite some time now I post and keep up with weddingbee as well! Good luck to everyone testing! I hope we all get our BFP!!

Cycle Day: CD 15/ 1 DPO
    TTC Cycle #: 2
    Ovulation and POAS dates: I ovulated yesterday (4/24)
    Baby #: 2
    Your plan this month: Lots of BD, charting temp, CP, CM and 1st month using CBFM, preseed and prenatal.
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/chloesmommi

And just for fun… What is your favorite flower/tree/plant and are they blooming where you live? My favorite flower is a knockout rose and lilies! So hard to choose. I love almost anything that blooms!

10. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@auggiefrog: sadly the plant is not blooming as much as it did last year because we let some frost get to it it is in recovery mode. Glad to hear about your temps stabilizing!

11. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

Erm. Due to some wonky OPKs and an oops, it looks like I'm in this month after all (and hoping for a BFN - we already have plane tickets to go abroad in December!!!!). Not sure yet when I Od - one OPK was positive CD9 and the other CD12. POAS date TBD.

12. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Hi ladies! I'm excited to move past last months drama and pee on some sticks that better get d*mn dark this time!! Hoping May is a fertile month for us all! (Except you @jojogirl )

Cycle Day: CD 7
    TTC Cycle #: 7
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O-May 2nd and POAS- May 12th maybe?
    Your plan this month: Charting, BD at least O-1 and O-2 but not O! (Superstition from all other months I've gotten a bfp ), just started a baby aspirin regimen b/c of multiple losses, and taking progesterone after O for luteal phase defect
    And just for fun… What is your favorite flower/tree/plant and are they blooming where you live? I love lilac bushes but they're not even close for us yet.. But tulips are everywhere and they're gorgeous too

13. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Just saying hi and hoping for lots of BFPs for you all this month!!!

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Got a positive opk today, which means the clomid is working I typically get two days of positives then O, with would put me at O-ing day 14.... never done that before! It would be great timing too, so fingers crossed.... this might be the last cycle before more aggressive treatment is recommended, so, here's to hoping!

15. HellOnHeels

clementine / 899 posts

Cycle Day: 13
    TTC Cycle #: 14
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O - 4/29. POAS - 5/14
    Baby #: número uno
    Your plan this month: BD everyday now until O+1, possibly use OPK's and check CM
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/hellonheels
    What is your favorite flower/tree/plant and are they blooming where you live?: I love our lilac bush. She's not blooming yet, won't be for awhile.

16. bisous

persimmon / 1304 posts

Cycle Day: 4
    TTC Cycle #: 1
    Ovulation and POAS dates: 7th and 21st
    Your plan this month: To have fun without too much pressure! Not charting or using OPK.

I can't pick a favorite, but lately I am loving all the bright tulips in my neighborhood.

17. Punky

cherry / 168 posts

Cycle Day: CD 15
    TTC Cycle #: 3
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O was yesterday, POAS 5/5
    Your plan this month: Prenatals, OPKs, charting/temping, B6, BD everyday in fertile window
    Chart link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/redhead46

18. aphelila

coffee bean / 44 posts

@HellOnHeels: Way to go - lots of BDs on your chart!! That's my plan every month then life gets in the way every time!

19. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

Hello everyone. I'm on cd 16. Used an OPK and had an LH surge Saturday night. We BD'd saturday night and Sunday. Praying this month brings BFP to many of us. I'm also going to be consuming pineapple core which I read helps implantation. Here's to hoping. Lots of baby dust your way ladies!

20. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

This is my first month joining a POAS thread. I've been trying to not stress about TTC this time around because it took so long last time.

Cycle Day: 23
    TTC Cycle #: NTNP for a year, TTC 5 months
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O - 4/18 POAS - 5/1
    Your plan this month: OPKs, progesterone

What is your favorite flower/tree/plant and are they blooming where you live?: I love redbud trees and dogwoods because they mean spring is here. They quit blooming about a month ago here.

21. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

Welcome to all the new-bees Good luck everyone!!!

22. RedheadBee

pea / 5 posts

Hi All,

I've been lurking forever, but just now posting for the first time!

Cycle Day: CD 17
    TTC Cycle #: 4
    Ovulation and POAS dates: I got a positive on an OPK this morning (4/27)
    Your plan this month: Lots of BD, OPK, and prenatal.

We were lucky enough to conceive our first on the first try; had an unplanned pregnancy in 2/14 that ended as a blighted ovum. Trying not to get discouraged/worry too much that it's taking longer this time around...but after guessing for the first few months using an app, I bought OPKs for the first time this month. Got my first smiley face this morning, fingers crossed this is the month for all!

23. RedheadBee

pea / 5 posts

Forgot to add, my POAS date is May 9!

24. TemperanceBrennan

pear / 1998 posts

Excited to see all the TTCers! Hopefully this is a lucky month for everyone!

25. HellOnHeels

clementine / 899 posts

@aphelila: Good intentions, but already last night DH didn't reciprocate my advances. He thinks we should only be doing the BD EOD to make sure he has a "new, fresh supply". That obviously hasn't mattered, so I'm gonna talk to him tonight to see if we can try every day this week. I hope you have better luck this month!!

He also thinks my younger brother's SO is KU since she wasn't drinking at a family gathering last night (when she always does) and she made the "side eyes" (as he says) at my brother when my Mum made a joke about how they will probably give her grandchildren before DH and I do. They're JUST engaged and doubtfully actually trying. DH told me I can't be mad or disappointed if they are, but I can be a little sad for us. Ugh.

26. Shannonrenee0201

coffee bean / 35 posts

Cycle Day: 10
    TTC Cycle: 5
    Ovulation and POAS dates: O: 5/3 POAS 5/15
    Baby #: 1
    Your plan this month: Preseed and BD as much as possible lol (last cycle we were both sick so didn't have much effort for BDing and when AF came I was expecting it and wasn't as much of a disappointment) This month will be different
    Chart link: n/a

And just for fun… What is your favorite flower/tree/plant and are they blooming where you live?
    Gardenias are my favorite & my mom has them in her yard

27. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

POAS Dates
    5/1: lauraeva, mrs.shinerbock
    5/5: punky
    5/6: northstar, mdf106
    5/8: mrsyellowjacket
    5/9: auggiefrog, redheadbee
    5/10: desertdreams88
    5/12: cobee
    5/13: swoggette
    5/14: aphelila, ms.line, hellonheels
    5/15: temperancebrennan, delight, shannonrenee0201
    5/16: hiker85
    5/18: irun2004
    5/19: yogirunner, mrskrb
    5/20: aegie
    5/21: lady grey, amorini, bisous
    5/22: jennylayneaz
    5/23: libbylou

TBD
    jojogirl (June!), kiddosc, chloesmommie, jojogirl

Cheerleaders
    bea, simplyfelicity, winterbee, buttermilk

28. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

hi everyone! i can't believe i am back on these boards again. seems like just yesterday i was tracking my cycle when we were TTC with our first (2013), who is now a year old. where does the time go!?

Cycle Day: 19
    TTC Cycle #: first cycle
    Ovulation and POAS dates: April 25 & May 5 (checking at the 10 day mark)
    Your plan this month: We were pretty laid back about it this time around, much different with your second baby! I did BBT, Fertility Friend, OPKs, etc. with our first and we luckily got pregnant on the first try. Thinking this time around it will take longer to conceive as I wasn't as diligent about tracking. We just used CB Easy Digital OPK and tested once, sometimes twice a day. I'm also nursing and my cycle is fairly normal but does vary by a few days each month.
    Chart link: N/A

And just for fun… What is your favorite flower/tree/plant and are they blooming where you live?

Loving the gorgeous cherry blossoms this time of year!!

Lots and lots of baby dust to you all! And I am so excited for the first time mommies. Such an exciting time.

29. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Mayyybbbeeee I ovulated yesterday? What do you all think?
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/1st-time-on-clomid-did-i-ovulate-already#post-2158892

30. aphelila

coffee bean / 44 posts

@HellOnHeels: I am lucky because my DH is onboard at any time. I'm just emotionally exhausted + physically exhausted from work!

Two years ago I bumped into my MOH at the dr. with her boyfriend... the last person I thought would get pregnant before me. That seems to just be the way the world works. At least we will be more prepared than them when it happens though! Maybe a bit over prepared lol.

31. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

Guys - I am having such a hard time not symptom spotting! I have been totally exhausted since last Friday and that's the only early symptom I remember from my last pregnancy, and every little twinge or trip to the bathroom makes me think I'm pregnant.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it to Friday. I might have to pick up a HPT on the way home tonight and test in the morning.

32. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

Anyone know what the heck is going on with my chart?! These OPKs are sort of messed up. I think maybe I Od on CD10, but the late + OPK is wonky.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cf794

33. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

Hi all, here is my info:
    Cycle Day:17
    TTC Cycle #: 12
    Ovulation and POAS dates:ovulation day 4/25 & Poas 5/13
    Baby #:1
    Your plan this month: use OPK, eat pineapple to help implantation and just stay as areas free as I can. Also im limiting my caffeine intake.

34. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

@mrs.shinerbock: positive vibes your way !!!!

35. LoveHope

kiwi / 689 posts

@aphelila: I just went to a wedding saturday night and everyone was pregnant. It was an emotional night for me but I got thru it. This journey is tough but we'll all make it.

36. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock: oooo that's exciting! How many dpo are you?!

37. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: somewhere between 10 and 11dpo.

38. travellingbee

@mrs.shinerbock:

We need some more January moms! There's only two of us over there!

39. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@travellingbee: it's early yet - if I am KU I'd be due 1/9 I'm sure there are plenty of soon-to-bee Jan moms.

40. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@LoveHope: I ate a ton of pineapple last week and just bought another container at the grocery store yesterday. Think it works as well if I make pineapple upside down cake with it?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee