Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@charmed: @travelgirl1: Yay, more mamas! Welcome and congrats

2. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@ValentineMommy: @mfa_lady: Me too. I've had some cramping off and on - sore boobs most of the time (and when they're not, I'm pushing them to "check") - and anytime I get a "gush" of CM (sorry sorry sorry, tmi) I'm always so worried. I was not this stressed the first time around!

3. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Thank you honey! I've been very, very lucky. I'm hoping for the same for you very soon!

@keepcalmcarrie: @pmrlady: Thank you!

4. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: ugh, I've been having the same issue with cm Thankfully I work at home, so it's only the cats that see how often I run to the bathroom!!

5. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Right? I'm somehow WAY more stressed this time around. Next friday's appt cannot come fast enough for me!!!

6. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: @ValentineMommy: Thinking of you guys! If it makes you feel any better, I took my last FRER this morning, just for fun. The test line was so dark there was barely any dye left for the control line!

Also, if anyone wants to send me good vibes today, I'll take them! I got a sort of cryptic email from the potential new job's HR person last night, saying they want to talk to me today. I think it could be anything...a "thanks but no thanks," or a request for references, or who knows what. Anyway, they're not calling me until 4:15 so I have to function like a normal person while worrying about it all day. Wish me luck on that!

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: I took my second digi yesterday! Lol Still says pregnant! Good luck with the potential job!!!!!

8. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@travelgirl1: congrats!!

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I can't concentrate at work at all! I have no idea how I'm going to get through another 9 months of this!!!

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: You and me both. I'm scouring HB, re-counting how many weeks and days pregnant I am, counting down until my ultrasound, looking at yarn for a blanket I'm going to make my cousin's baby on the way and realizing I could be making one FOR MY OWN BABY soon...yeah. I hear you. It's going to be a long day.

11. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mfa_lady: Good luck today!

12. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Thank you! I am actually feeling good about it either way--when I started the interview process, I wasn't pregnant....so that changes my outlook a bit. It's kind of freeing--like, if I don't get it, there must be a reason!

13. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@mfa_lady: good luck today!

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: I'm researching double stroller, even though we have the UBV and worried that it won't work, because DS is huge. Lol....I obsess and research something new every day.

15. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@ValentineMommy: Travelgirl1 and I both have the UBV. She watches my DD during the day and uses the rumble seat. It works pretty well. We debate getting a side by side just so the kids can interact more.

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@oliviaoblivia: How big are your kids? I'm just worried because DS is really big for his age. He's almost 30 pounds and is 35'' tall.....and he's only 15m.

17. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@ValentineMommy: DD is big for a girl but only 25lbs and 33.5" Travelgirl1's daughter is a bit smaller, but they both fit fine with room to grow.

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I'm just worried by the time this baby is here, that DS will be too heavy. I read the rumbleseat only goes up to 35lbs....sigh. I love my UBV and don't wanna give it up! Especially since we specifically got it for the growth potential!

19. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@ValentineMommy: Do you think he'd go for the ride along board?

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@oliviaoblivia: we were planning on getting both, but since he's only 15 months...it's hard to tell what he'll be doing then, you know?

21. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@littlek: Thanks

@mfa_lady: Good luck!!!

@ValentineMommy: The girls cope very well in the UBV and we sometimes have them facing each other, which works nicely. I think the ride along board is a great option for it if you are worried about weight. Part of me is consideri.g that for A.

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: Thanks!!! I think we'll get both, and see how he does. If we need too, we'll look at getting something else down the road!

23. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@ValentineMommy: I will say the rumbleseat is very easy to take on and off. I also wear my DD while having Oliviaoblivia's daughter in the stroller sometimes, it's nice to be able to mix and match

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: I was just thinking the same thing! I can always wear the new babe while pushing DS.

25. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

EDD: January 15th

When did you find out: Sunday!

How do you feel?: Exhausted, sore boobs, slightly crampy.

Child #: 1!

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: Probably just an OBGYN, hospital, medicated birth... I wish I was one of those moms who could handle a birth center water birth, but I'm just not

When is your first appointment?: Besides the 4 betas I've had, my first appointment with ultrasound is 5/27.

What are you most excited about?: Feeling the baby develop and grow. And, of course, just seeing that baby for the first time and being a MAMA!!

What are you scared/nervous about?: Miscarriage. Terrifies me to no end. But, I'm feeling pretty confident that THIS IS OUR BABY!

26. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: YAY! Welcome!

27. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Yay, congratulations!

Does anyone else have heartburn yet? I don't *think* it's in my head as I had it for three days before my BFP and again tonight. I still have a bumper bottle of Gaviscon from last time though so am all set

28. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Does anyone else feel super fat? I mean I guess I was probably the same size two weeks ago as I was now before I knew I was pregnant…but man I just feel like a cow! I'm hoping its bloat and will go away. I'm trying not to tell work until 12 weeks and feel like that is going to be hard!

29. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: congratulations and welcome!

@MrsTiger: OMG yes I definitely feel like I'm getting fatter but it's probably just bloating. I've had a little belly even before I got pregnant which doesn't help. I wish I had gone to the gym before so that I could've started with a flat stomach haha

30. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: congrats!!!!

@MrsTiger: yup!! I feel super duper bloated. Im already using the hair tie to keep my pants on!! Ugh.

31. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@pmrlady: @ValentineMommy: ok glad it's at least not just me! And I totally regret not trying to start with a flatter tummy too!

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MrsTiger: Same here! I had lost almost all my pre-preg weight, but I never exercised, so I've definitely got more pooch than before. Now that pooch is super bloated and uncomfortable. Boo.

How's everyone feeling? My cramping is not totally gone, but has definitely lessened. I'm having restless sleep and waking up feeling sick. Not total m/s yet, just feeling kinda gross. Oh, and my boobs feel...full. They don't hurt too much most of the time.

33. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: we have the same EDD!

I've felt a little bloated in the evening, and still had cramps off and on yesterday. I feel like my boobs are getting heavier/fuller, but DH assured me they're the same size they have been .

34. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: This is me! I'm SO TIRED but not sleeping great, and I just wake up feeling crappy. Like you said, I'm not ill or anything, just feeling super "blah."

I'll be in and out (mostly out) this weekend--I'm headed to my brother's college graduation! Have a great weekend!

35. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Welcome and congrats!!!

@MrsTiger: I'm with you in the bloat/fat/bump-iness. It's awful. I haven't told my boss yet and thankfully she's been out all week because I can't manage to wear pants that button.

Super nauseous today and not spotting anymore thank god.

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: At least it's not morning sickness (yet), but ugh, I feel so ick! Have a great weekend with your brother!!!

37. Kelli_Deluxe

apricot / 288 posts

Alright, I'm joining in! I read through everyone's posts (so much to catch up on!) and I'm excited about our little group! I'd also like to add that my birthday is Jan 14, so for anyone wondering, Jan babies are AWESOME

EDD: 1/17 (based on last period; ovulation puts my EDD a few days before then)

When did you find out: Sunday @ 11dpo; confirmed Monday & Wednesday through betas

How do you feel?: Exhausted! And cautiously optimistic

Child #: 1! We have been TTC for 15mo

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: OB at my RE's office; I'm hoping for a natural, un-medicated hospital birth

When is your first appointment?: 6/5 @ 7w5d

What are you most excited about?: Getting a bump, buying all the things I've had my eye on, seeing the ultrasounds

What are you scared/nervous about?: Miscarrying (I had an early one in Dec)

*We are tentatively Team Green!*

38. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: congrats! That's cool that you and your baby will have such close birthdays

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Kelli_Deluxe: Congrats!! I also have a Jan birthday (Jan22)!!

40. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Hope it is okay, if I join you ladies. Just got my today. Still a little in shock...

EDD: 1/16

When did you find out: Today by a HPT

How do you feel?: Excited and still a little shocked. Also really lucky it all happened so fast.

Child #: 2 (LO #1 is 13m old)

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: same OB/Gyn I saw last time and I hope to deliver in the same hospital as well (my OB is not affiliated with the hospital). Also I hope for another uncomplicated natural birth. LO#2 not making me wait till 41+2 like #1 would be awesome though...

When is your first appointment?: 5/19 for a confirmation U/S

What are you most excited about?: Getting to experience pregnancy and birth again and seeing LO as a big brother!

What are you scared/nervous about?: Miscarrying and totally random but I'm scared I took the test wrong or misread it I think it hasn't really sunk in it. I'm also a little scared of how painful nursing LO will become while being pregnant.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee