Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

*Pumpkin Smugglers!!* Oct 2014 POAS!

1. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

BFP's!!!! : eko! mrs.kmm! jess1483! tarheelbee! desertdreams88!

POAS Dates :

TBD: Hoots, jaguar, tam, reese

10/8: jone0603
    10/9: lalalove
    10/10: ballerinabee
    10/16: mrs scrapbook
    10/19: mrs. j. mrs_cc
    10/20: northstar, valentinemommy, ashleyf21, qbbride
    10/21: amommythang
    10/22: travellingbee, mrsstar
    10/23: chaosmaven, simplyfelicity, jennyg
    10/24: rms2012
    10/25: eleanorrigby
    10/26: mrsads
    10/27: tidybee
    10/30: runnergirl
    10/31: angelachase

Rollover to November: auggiefrog, worrywart, mrs. microscope, misslace, yogirunner, willow, bluemasonjar, abmamma, hellobeeboston

Cheerleaders: mrsmccarthy, raspberries, mrschickpea, redeyedtreefrog

@abmamma: @hellobeeboston: Sorry ladies! FX for November!!!

@redeyedtreefr0g: Aw, you're so sweet!

This month started out with a bang and lots of bfps! FX for the rest of us that some more are coming our way (myself included!)!!!

2. EleanorRigby

olive / 66 posts

Would love some input on my chart. I cannot figure out my O date!
    Fertile CM CD 9-19 (today)
    +OPK CD 14 (negative OPK CD 10-13, negative OPK CD 18)
    temp shift between CD 13/14 and CD 18/19

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50c7e8

This is my first full cycle using vaginal temps (I've been sick the last week which doesn't help the temps for sure!) and only my third cycle charting so I'm still getting the hang of this for sure!

3. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@EleanorRigby: hmmmmm... I can't figure out your chart at all! But that is probably because you've been sick. I'd think that you most likely O'd the day after your +OPK but it's not certain without the sustained temp shift. I was sick this fertile period too so I am glad I took the month off of charting. It can be maddening when your body is being crazy!

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@abmamma: @hellobeeboston: sorry!!! Good luck in November!!!

5. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

So how dark do you think a wondo has to be to be positive? On Monday morning I had fairly dark one, then the one I did in the afternoon was lighter. I forgot on Tuesday morning (ugh) and Tuesday afternoon and this morning were both lighter than the darkest one I got. So, would you think I O'd yesterday??

This is my first month using these so I'm trying to figure it out.

6. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@JennyG: did you test before the fairly dark one on Monday? If you had lighter ones before that one, then I would say you had your surge Sunday / early Monday, since every test after that was lighter.

Congrats to all the BFPs and hugs for all the BFN/AFs and to @Mrs. Microscope: on your CP. to everyone left to POAS this month, we're cheering for you!

I'm out - I got an awful AF in the middle of the night last week (Weds 10/8 was CD1 for me). I had every symptom in the book, so I had really convinced myself this was it for us, and to wake up at 3 am to cramping & AF was pretty devastating. We were on vacation with friends in SC, so I haven't been online until today.

So, I'm CD8 today and back to the drawing board. I haven't started temping yet, but might tomorrow, even though it's kind of late to begin. Then we'll use OPKs and I need to call my ob/gyn to follow up on the next secondary IF testing steps.

7. EleanorRigby

olive / 66 posts

My temp stayed up this AM so looks to me like I did O just don't know which day! The good thing is we're about to leave for Vacay which will help this TWW fly by! No temping or pee sticks for me for a while week : ) AF is due 10/25 and that's the evening we'll get back so hopefully I get to POAS the next morning!

8. EleanorRigby

olive / 66 posts

@ballerinabee: sorry to hear! It's so frustrating when you have such hope! FX Nov is your month! I would totally start temping on CD9, why not? Should give you at least a few days pre-potential O date, right? I've been using the Clear Blue digital (not advanced) and I got a positive but I'm still not sure when I O'd cause my vaginal temps are all over the map, probably from being sick.

9. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@EleanorRigby: Good luck! Maybe it was CD15? You had a slight jump in temp that day, and with a positive OPK the day before...?

Just checking in to say congrats to the BFPs, and good luck to the rest of the testers this month!

10. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@JennyG: this was my first month with wondfo opks. I got a super dark positive on a Thursday night and they started getting lighter and lighter after that. I didn't O until Sunday (confirmed by temp shift). I read once you get a positive opk it can be 24-72 hours until O, But usually it's 24-48.

11. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@ballerinabee: I did have lighter ones before the darker one on Monday. So maybe I O'd on Monday or Tuesday?

In other news, we had our first BD session last night with the main purpose being baby making. Meaning we were both kinda tired and not super in the mood, but we pushed through. DH told me jokingly this morning he feels like I used him for sex. I promised him I doubt it would be the last time that happens.

12. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mrs scrapbook: I wish (as I'm sure EVERYONE who's TTC does) that it was easier to pinpoint O without temping. I know there's no way I'm going to do that, so I guess OPKs are the best I'm going to get. Assuming Monday morning was positive and I O'd sometime Tuesday, then we hit O-3, O-2, O, and then hopefully O+1 tonight.

13. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@JennyG: me too! Temping drives me crazy, but I get crazier when I don't do it hahaha. You've got great timing this month with the opk! Good luck

14. travellingbee

@ballerinabee: I'm sorry to hear it. I've had symptoms every month. I've stop convincing myself that this is it

15. EleanorRigby

olive / 66 posts

@JennyG: been there done that! Sounds like your DH is a good sport! We're trying hard to keep the romance while TTC but there are definitely nights where we are tired/not in the mood and DTD just for the baby making. It can be hard to pinpoint o even while temping! I think it's just frustrating all the way around.

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@ballerinabee: ugh! How frustrating! I think you can start temping, even if you're cd8. Hopefully this is your cycle!

Even though our timing was pretty good, I don't have a good feeling about this cycle. Hopefully I am wrong! Hurry up TWW!!

17. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

i need to vent. i just got a call from my sister who just told me she's pregnant and gushed on about how it was their first try. She knows DH and i have been trying for 4 months now with perfect timing and no luck. She was clueless about tic, she had never heard of opks, didn't even know when she ovulated or any signs, how long her cycle was etc. She knew i was doing everything possible to conceive so i told her what opks to buy and what supplements to take etc. I'm really excited for her, but also can't help but cry right now. I'm so bummed : (

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MissLace: I'm so sorry. This has been my life since 2010 when we first started TTC, and it's so hard to explain the sadness. Lots of hugs.

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MissLace: Hugs...it's so hard. I am sorry.

20. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

I got cross hairs this morning! IVF transfer is on Saturday... we covered our bases just in case. (Even though a natural pregnancy is NOT on the cards for us.)

21. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@MissLace: Hugs! I'm so sorry. That's happened to me twice this week (but neither friend knew we were TTC, so they didn't know it would hurt). I also was asked today why I didn't have kids yet. I wanted to say something snarky, but I'm not ready to be public about TTC or our issues surrounding it yet.

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@jaguar: Eeeeekkkk!

23. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@jaguar: lots of luck!!!!!!
    @MissLace: I'm so sorry, lady. Hugs.

24. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@jaguar: So excited. Fingers crossed and lots of !!

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MissLace: Ugh, I'm so sorry. I know how that feels.

@jaguar: Whoohooooooo! FX for Saturday!!

@Hoots: People are so insensitive. I've definitely flipped out before at constant remarks about when we're going to give DS a sibling.

26. Reese

pomegranate / 3521 posts

@MissLace: ugh.. So sorry.

@jaguar: good luck!!

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

BFP's!!!! : eko! mrs.kmm! jess1483! tarheelbee! desertdreams88!
    POAS Dates

TBD: Hoots, jaguar, tam, reese

10/8: jone0603
    10/9: lalalove
    10/16: mrs scrapbook
    10/19: mrs. j. mrs_cc
    10/20: northstar, valentinemommy, ashleyf21, qbbride
    10/21: amommythang
    10/22: travellingbee, mrsstar
    10/23: chaosmaven, simplyfelicity, jennyg
    10/24: rms2012
    10/25: eleanorrigby
    10/26: mrsads
    10/27: tidybee
    10/30: runnergirl
    10/31: angelachase

Rollover to November: auggiefrog, worrywart, mrs. microscope, misslace, yogirunner, willow, bluemasonjar, abmamma, hellobeeboston, ballerinabee

Cheerleaders: mrsmccarthy, raspberries, mrschickpea, redeyedtreefrog

@ballerinabee: I'm sorry! FX for next month!

28. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@MissLace: I'm so sorry.

@jaguar: Good luck!!!

@Hoots: My students used to ask me that all the time. I tried to remember that they were just high school kids who were curious and didn't know how upsetting or rude that question could be. But it still upset me. People just don't think.

29. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MissLace: I'm really sorry, that's a complete bummer. I would completely feel the same way. FX that you get your BFP soon!

30. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Thanks ladies, I know it's a bit irrational but its still such a bummer. And to add salt to the wound, my coworker (whos the same age as me and already has a daughter) just announced on FB this morning that she's pregnant with twins.

31. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@jaguar: Best of luck on Saturday!

32. travellingbee

@MissLace: I'm sorry. That is exciting for your sister but wasn't the most sensitive of her... I'm going through the same thing and everyone I know is pregnant.
    @jaguar: Exciting!

CD 6 and absolutely nothing going on here! (taps toes impatiently)

33. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

So, it's 11dpo now. I got the faintest of faintest shadow of a squinter only in the bright bathroom light on a wondfo pregnancy test today with FMU at 5 minutes. It disappeared when it totally dried though, so I'm pretty sure my mind is playing tricks on me!

DH convinced me to get a "real" test. So with SMU I did a FRER and another wondfo and both were pretty obviously BFNs...

I'll test tomorrow again, because you aren't out until AF shows, right?

34. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mrs scrapbook: Don't lose hope! I got squinters at 11 and 12 DPO, but no BFP until like 14/15 DPO with my son.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrs scrapbook: I never got a bfp (with wondfo or FRER) until the DAY af was due. Don't lose hope yet!

36. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@Mrs. J: @ValentineMommy: Thank you ladies. I may have just spent our whole lunch date near tears over it. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm worried I tricked myself into all these symptoms and seeing that shadow! Its just so hard to keep a level head about it all, especially with super long cycles and pcos!

37. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@mrs scrapbook: You're not out yet! Maybe wait a day and test again on Saturday. Do you have anything going on to distract you until then?

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrs scrapbook: I know the feeling. TTC normally makes me crazy, but after my m/c, it's 20x worse. I am positive that I'm having the same symptoms that I had with DS.....but an hour later, I convince myself that it could all be my anxiety lying to me or having similar symptoms. It's so messed up. Hugs.

39. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@JennyG: We are going to a concert tomorrow night, and then on Saturday we are moving! Plus, my bff is in the very early stages of labor right now, so I'm fielding her phone calls/texts (I am currently visiting my parents down the street from her house, and her DH isn't home from work yet, so I'm on call for hospital driving right now!). So there's a lot going on, but somehow its not keeping me distracted enough!

@ValentineMommy: I can't even imagine. I'm sorry TTC is so anxiety inducing, this is our first and I was not prepared for how stressful it is! I keep feeling like I have symptoms, then I don't, then I do. I hope we both get BFPs this cycle!

40. redeyedtreefr0g

cherry / 141 posts

@mrs scrapbook: I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I had the greatest idea for announcing, for anyone who gets their positive this month (and can't keep a secret). I'd cut a pumpkin in half, carve it, and stick it up my shirt, a thin white one maybe, with a flashlight or something so it glowed against the shirt.
    You'd really be a pumpkin smuggler!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee