Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

*Pumpkin Smugglers!!* Oct 2014 POAS!

1. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

I've decided to finally join

Cycle Day: 28
    TTC Cycle #: 1, but kinda NTNP/not fully TTC
    Ovulation and POAS dates: I haven't been able to temp regularly this month at all, so O could be anywhere from Sept 16-20, which makes deciding on a POAS very difficult. I only have 1 FRER and 1 generic test, so I don't want to waste them by testing too early... I'm symptom spotting, but trying to be patient
    Baby #: 1
    Your plan this month: The plan was to wait until December to TTC... so this was more NTNP, until I started symptom spotting, and now I've been obsessing.

ETA: I am planning to test on Oct 2, which would put me anywhere from 12dpo-16dpo.

2. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Can you guys do some chart interpretation for me? I was all excited that i got a positive okp on CD21 which is the earliest i've ever gotten one (usually its CD23) but i still haven't had a temp spike and my +opk was this past saturday so its been 3 full days with no spike (although it has gone up a tiny bit each day). Usually i O a day or two after the + so i don't know whats up this cycle. Any insights?

3. Jone0603

grape / 86 posts

@Mrs. Microscope I now want take the day off tomorrow. Desperately wishing that my students could teach themselves biology and I could crash on the couch with a pumpkin drink.

Symptom spotting started last night when I threw up over the thought of bad salami. I am only 6 dpo, but that has to be a pretty good one?!? I also was annoyed with my students today where normally I am the epitome of patience.

Can't wait for testing this weekend or at the lastest next Wednesday...if I can hold out that long.

4. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

Symptom spotting over here too! Slight cramps & backache 4 DPO-8DPO, and dizziness at 4DPO! I know that's too early but I literally had to sit down at work 5-6 times within the space of 45 minutes, which is way more often than ever. Hopeful signs though!!

Sadly, I got walloped with some bad news today and I am sad the stress hormones could prevent implantation I'm a teacher at a struggling school on an improvement plan (AKA lots of administrative pressure and BS paperwork) and 4 weeks ago, 13 of our classrooms were flooded.

We had to basically grab what we could, and move to any available space. Teachers are teaching in the gym, the stage, the cafeteria, the library... I am sharing the partitioned library with 1-2 other 8th grade classes (I have 5th graders). Sooo, 65-85 kids in one library, all day long. It's so loud!

Our rooms were condemned and are being fixed. We can't go into the rooms to get any resources, obviously. I was just pushing through- 3 more days until fall break, and after fall break (oct. 13) I was supposed to be back in my classroom.

Well, today they told me that my classroom was the worst, and we're looking at mid-November for a move. Womp womp womp. Straight up just cried. Not only does it just suck in general, but every day I feel like I'm not the teacher I want to be, I can't use most of the strategies or resources I rely on. 3-5 more weeks inside that noisy library without walls, posters, a whiteboard, supplies, textbooks, etc. My poor students are having a hard time learning and focusing.

I'm sorry for venting all this random crap to internet strangers but most people IRL don't know I'm TTC, andddd I know there's some other teachers on this board would can empathize.

Still, fingers crossed for Friday's test. Hoping that stress does not have the final say!

5. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

Figures the day after i post my chart my temp finally spiked! So now i have confirmed O on sunday, CD22 instead of the usual CD24! In theory that should give me a 9 day LP instead of the usual 7. Heres hoping this is the cycle i finally get knocked up!

6. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@DesertDreams88: So sorry about your school...I hope it's fixed quickly! As for your symptoms - I was totally getting lightheaded/dizzy right at 4dpo with DS! FX!

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MissLace: FX!!!

8. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@DesertDreams88: I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with this! Sounds incredibly stressful and TTC on top of that. Just try to focus on the positive and push through, things can only go up!

@MissLace: good luck!!

@Willow: good luck! So hard not to symptom spot when you know there could be a chance!

I had symptoms for like, a day, now nothing... AF should be arriving this weekend (Friday I should start spitting), if it doesn't I'll POAS Monday!

9. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

So I came home from work yesterday and promptly fell asleep on the couch for 1.5 hours. And then last night I had terrible insomnia. I'm staying home from work today because I am just so dead on my feet from not being able to sleep last night.

After laying awake from 4 am to 5:30am, I decided to go to the bathroom and use my last FRER (hoping that with as many symptoms as I'm having that 10 DPO would be late enough for a positive). Stark white BFN. I know it is still early so I'm not counting myself out yet but it is just annoying considering how many symptoms I'm dealing with.

Oh - and my temps are still high/rising (even having to take them at a slightly earlier time than normal due to work stuff).

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e0153

10. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thank you! Now we'll see if I can hold out that long... Ha!
    @Eko: possible implantation spotting sounds good! I didn't have it with my LO, so I'm not stressing about it.
    @auggiefrog: I've had the on and off cramping too.
    @Mrs. Microscope: ditto on the hoping for a bfp so that I'm not an idiot for all the symptom spotting. I feel neurotic right now!
    @Willow: welcome &
    @Jone0603:, @DesertDreams88: welcome to the symptom spotting club! (and @DesertDreams88: I'm so sorry about your school and classroom; I already think teaching is one of the hardest jobs, and know I could never do it, but under those circumstances? wow... hopefully they'll be done early and surprise you!)
    @Mrs.KMM: your chart looks really good! <fx> for you!

Sorry if I missed anyone! Still symptom spotting here - cramps on and off, constipated, really tired, metallic taste in my mouth...

11. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Loving that we are creeping towards some October POAS dates and that symptoms are cropping up left and right!

Only 3 or 4 dpo over here, so *trying* to stay away from google until next week. DH and I are taking a very long weekend to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in Vermont, so I probably won't even temp while on vaca (hoping for some serious sleeping in and some wine while I still can!)

But I have a very excited feeling in my tummy for all of you and am hoping for a little pumpkin crop this weekend

PS, @desertdreams88, so sorry to hear what you're going through. It takes a very special type of person to dedicate their life to being in the classroom, especially in a struggling school, and a flood just adds to what a difficult job it is! I know I'm not alone in thanking you for being so dedicated to educate our kids that need it most.

12. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@YogiRunner: DH and I went to Vermont for our two year anniversary two weekends ago. It was so pretty! We went to Montpelier. Where are you going in VT?

13. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@EKO: Nice! I LOVE Montpelier. Did you do anything particularly fun that you'd recommend? We are going to Mad River Valley (Sugarbush), where we got married. Can't wait!

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@YogiRunner: I didn't do something really specific that was over the top fun. We really just wanted a relaxing vacation and do touristy things. We did scenic hikes and visited a lot of local shops so we can bring a lot of goodies home. I always enjoy the local ciders and local food when I got to VT.

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs.KMM: I have to say, your symptoms are INCREDIBLY reminiscent of my TWW when I was pregnant with LO and your chart is beauty, looking nice and tri-phasic now too. I'm sorry about your BFN, I truly hope you still have your in store this cycle.

16. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

I ended up caving (of course) and POAS at 10DPO and I think I got the squinter of all squinters. It's super faint and shows up more poorly when I try to take a picture of it on my phone. In person, I think I do see something, but I also second guess myself. Previously I never could see anything until like 12dpo, so I am holding out and POASing again in the morning. Everything feels very similar to my last two pregnancies so we shall see. This also translates to me having a sucky 24 hours and not sure how I am going to work today. hah.

17. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Eko: I really think you're going to have a to post a pic so we can all judge.

18. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@JennyG: I will post another one this morning. I just got to work and had to show my friend and the light in our work bathrooms is much better than at my house. It is very clearly pink when I just looked at it again.

19. ballerinabee

apricot / 452 posts

@Eko: oh my gosh!! <fx> that it really is a bfp! We need some good news to start the month off!

20. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

So this is as good as the pic is going to get

21. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Eko: Yay!!! Congrats!!!

22. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Eko: I definitely see something. Are you going to test again tomorrow?

23. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@JennyG: Yeah. DH needs a very visible line to believe anything. I'll do it tonight or in the morning.

24. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

I definitely see it - looks like my bfps at 10dpo!

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@Eko: I see a line. Congrats!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I, of course, had to update with our first BFP! Congrats!!

POAS Dates:

BFP's!!!! : eko!

TBD: Hoots, jaguar, tam, amommythang, willow

10/2: mrs. microscope, tarheelbee
    10/3: auggiefrog, desertdreams88
    10/4: jess1483
    10/5: hellobeeboston, mrs scrapbook, jone0603, mrs.kmm
    10/8: jennyg
    10/9: abmamma, worrywart, abmamma, lalalove
    10/10: misslace, yogirunner, angelachase, ballerinabee
    10/15: bluemasonjar
    10/19: mrs. j
    10/20: nortstar, valentinemommy, ashleyf21
    10/22: travellingbee, mrsstar
    10/23: chaosmaven, simplyfelicity, jennyg
    10/26: mrsads
    10/27: tidybee
    10/30: runnergirl

Cheerleaders: mrsmccarthy, raspberries, mrschickpea

27. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thanks! Hopefully we get to see some more BFP's soon!

28. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@getjazzy: Thanks! Hopefully I'll be following in your footsteps. I know I tested on the early side (AF isn't due until this weekend and I'm at 11 DPO today) but it doesn't make the TWW any less stressful. I skipped testing this morning and plan to try again Friday morning.

29. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Eko: I totally fail at seeing squinters usually but I think I see a little trace of something! Congrats!!

30. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

@Eko: I see it! Congratulations!

31. Willow

apricot / 261 posts

I tested this morning with a FRER: definitely
    I assume AF is on its way then, but I will test again Saturday or Sunday if it hasn't shown up yet.

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Eko: I definitely see it! Congrats!

@Mrs.KMM: I'll keep my fingers crossed!

33. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@Eko: woo hoo! I see it! Congrats!

34. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@Eko: I see it!!!!! Congrats!

35. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@Eko: I totally wouldn't be able to wait to the morning and would need to be testing tonight. I'm so impatient.

36. LalaLove

grape / 92 posts

@Eko: I see it!!

37. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Eko: I see it! Woo woo! Great way to kick off the month!

As expected, this morning was bfn. Its only 8dpo, and I'm not upset at all. Just clearing myself for some beer tasting tonight! I will test through GABF, and then next week when I ACTUALLY expect a positive test.

38. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Enjoy that beer while you can!

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I agree with @Mrs.KMM. I planned on hosting a football party in a couple weekends, that includes friends/colleagues from work and now I am trying to figure out how I am going to hide drinking from them.

40. TarHeelBee

pea / 11 posts

I tested today (what would be 13 dpo if I ovulated around the time I typically do) but got a bfn. I'm not super surprised since I suspect I o'ed later than usual. Fertility friend has me at 7dpo now with dashed crosshairs but I'm not sure that's accurate either. It is frustrating trying to figure out when to test so I may just wait until I get my period or it is plainly obvious that I'm not going to get one.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee