Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

@Nskillet: I got released after 2 nights! C-section happened Friday at 12:30pm and I got to go home on Sunday at 2:30pm.

And sorry I suck and haven't updated...I did a quick update on the FB group. I'm almost done with my birth story, will post soon. Been keeping very very busy with my 2 boys!

2. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@wonderstruck: I can't wait to hear your birth story! I know we have another October mama who had her section today!

So glad to hear you're doing well!! Congrats on your new addition!

3. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@Nskillet: I had my baby BOY through a RCS yesterday, 10/8. I'll update soon. Had visitors much of the day, and I'm too sleepy to post much of anything right now!

4. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

Josephine Mae was born yesterday, 10/8, @12:38am! She's 6lb15oz and came into the world during a "driveby" delivery, the nurses have said She was ready to come out and there was no slowing her down! I'll post my birth story soon! For now, we are both doing great and she's nursing like a champ already! Recovery has been much easier this time around with no tearing and minimal swelling.

Here are pics for those not in our FB group.

5. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

So many precious babies!!!!

6. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

Yay, baby pics! Someone send labor dust my way!

7. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

Zachary Michael was born on Wednesday, 10/8 (RCS) weighing in at an impressive 8lbs 4oz and 21.5 inches in length. Other than a slight delay in the start time, everything went according to plan and Zack was born at 10:03am. He looks JUST like his big brother, just a bit chunkier with lots of dark hair. He's been doing a fantastic job nursing (latching in less than 5 seconds on his first try within an hour of his birth) and the whole fam is quite smitten with the little guy.

8. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@bunnylovesbear: he is gorgeous!!! So glad the RCS went well mama and you made it to your date!!

9. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Baby is breech so I will be having a scheduled c-section sometime next week. Right before they will do another ultrasound and if she has flipped, we will switch to an induction. Either way, baby will be here next week!

10. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Mrs.Panda WOW! Just one more week to go!

I have another measuring ultrasound next week that is going to determine if/when my doctor wants to induce. I'm planning to try acupuncture and spicy foods, etc. to try to speed up labor, but we'll see how that goes.

I'm getting a lot of cervix pain which I guess could maybe be effacement? It doesn't feel like the usual punching/hitting/headbutting that goes on - it's more sharp and frequent tugging. Anyone else have this?

11. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: that's pretty much what my pains feel like but that's because her little heels are beating on my cervix. that's pretty much how I feel! And yes 1 more week

12. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Well, my doctor went ahead and scheduled an induction for me. It's earlier than I would like and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have another growth ultrasound this week and then a doctor's appointment. I'm also worried about inducing early because I feel like if I'm not even close to ready to go, I'll need so many interventions just to get things moving and possibly end up with a c-section. We're doing everything we can this week to try to make sure things go as well as they possibly can - I'll be doing acupuncture and eating spicy foods. It's frustrating - a lot of the foods that are recommended to induce labor (and yeah, I know they might not work) are on the super-off-limits list for gestational diabetes, like dates, which are crazy high in carbs/sugar. I walked five miles today, so if that didn't get things closer/started, I'm not sure what will. (Though apparently there is no correlation between walking and labor.) I think the acupuncture has the best shot of working, and I might get a massage that focuses on points this week. I am apparently at least 75% effaced, but not at all dilated, so if you need me between now and next weekend, I'll be bouncing around on a stability ball and going up and down steps and driving over potholes. Anyone else doing what they can to speed things up?

13. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: since I'm scheduled for a c section I haven't really been focusing too much on inducing labor, though I have been drinking the red raspberry leaf tea. Also I know walking doesn't necessarily induce labor, but being upright and moving does allow baby's head to press upon your cervix which is what helps efface and dilate it, at least according to my OB. My baby is breech so she isn't engaged in the birth canal at all, which is one reason I'm completely closed. When are you scheduled for induction?

14. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

Thought I would pop over and post this in case any of our October / November mamas have a baby today:

"Babies born today [October 20th] get free $500 mutual fund investment"
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/personalfinance/2014/10/20/babies-free-mutual-fund-investment/17438963/?csp=fbfanpage

15. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

How is everyone??

16. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

Aah! I can't believe that I'm just getting around to updating this thread, but I've been immersed in a newborn fog for the past week!

Last Weds, 10/15, I ended up going to my 40 week OB appointment, where I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced... but to be on the safe side, we scheduled an induction for Monday, 10/20.

To be honest, I was really bummed- I really didn't want to have an induction, so I decided to treat myself to a burrito and a mani-pedi, just as a reward for making it to 40w5d.

I woke up around 11:30 that night with timeable contractions that were around 10-11 mins apart. Over the next 4 hours, they were about 5 mins apart. I called in to my doctor's line, and the on call Dr said that I should wait until I was in so much pain that I couldn't take it anymore. In my haze, I agreed and told DH that we should wait another hour. 2 more contractions came and DH decided to override me, and we started getting ready to head to the hospital. Good thing too- as I was about to head out the house, I had another big contraction and felt my water break!

We arrived at the hospital around 5 am, and at that point I was having pretty bad back labor, so I ended up getting the epi fairly quickly, as I was then 5cm dilated.

We hung out around the hospital all that day, and I ended up pushing for about an hour, and little Eloise Xuan-Lynn was born at 5:52pm on 10/16! She was 7lb 8oz and 20 inches long.

Recovery has been about as uncomplicated as I could have hoped for- my pain has really lessened over the past few days, and we've managed to start getting out and about with baby in tow. She's an absolute darling, and we're totally in love, and our families are just over the moon about the first grandchild to be born on both sides of the family!

Hope everyone is hanging in there, whether in the final weeks of pregnancy (we're all almost there!), or experiencing sleepless nights with a newborn!

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@bunnylovesbear: such a sweetie! congrats!

@Ms.Pumpkin: She is beautiful and I love her name! Congratulations!

18. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

Tuesday I started having more irregular contractions like usual so I continued on with my day, went to girl scouts then came home and made dinner. A couple of our friends stopped by to drop off a gift "before it was too late" and as we were sitting there they became more regular and dh insisted that I start timing them, I was in denial and didn't want to because every time before that when I tried to time them they went away. Well it was nine and I gave in and they were 2 1/2- 3 minutes apart lasting about a minute but I still thought it would certainly end at any moment. They started being very consistent so I texted my midwife and asked her what she thought, she said to wait and see if they get painful. Dh was way too anxious to sleep so we watched a movie, I tried to sleep but they were starting to get uncomfortable so at 1:30 I called my midwife and asked her what she thought. She said I could come in whenever I felt like it and I would likely know when I feel like I should go in. I decided to wait a while and dh went outside and took a walk with me for a while but I started getting tired so we went back inside so I could at least try to rest and we watched the new episode of supernatural! At almost 3 I decided I wanted to go to the birth center so dh called a friend over to stay with the kids and we left. We probably could have stayed at home a bit longer because we just sat around for a while and it was kind of weird lol... at almost 6 I decided to get in the tub but that only lasted about an hour before getting out, they suggested I stay out for a little bit because she was in an odd position. I continued to labor on and at about 8:45 I started to question how much longer I could do it so they checked me again and I was nearly 10 cm dilated with just a bit of a lip, lo's head seemed to be lined up nicely so they told me I could get back in the tub. My body started bearing down with the peak of contractions so they said to just listen to my body, well in the next 2 contractions my body decided it was time to push and with the first push my water broke and 2 pushes later my little 6lb 8oz 19in peanut was born! There was a bit of meconium in her waters and her cord was wrapped around her neck 5 times plus once around her body. Her heart rate was fine but it took a while to get her breathing and making noise. She did come around and gained color after a bit so I got to keep her on me the whole time. Then when it was time for me to get out of the tub I nearly fainted but got better once I laid down, however not much longer and I just about lost it again so they had to get an IV in and give me some fluids. After that all was good, we had breakfast, took a nap and then took a nice herbal bath with baby at 3pm we finally left to go home and I've been having the time of my life cuddling this little peanut

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@cyndistar3: she's so sweet'! Congrats again.

20. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

Hi all, I'm finally making it back to announce that today my baby girl is one week old!

Introducing Eva, born 10/17/14 at 10:12am. 6lbs2oz, 19 inches of healthy baby!

The birth was...complicated, though it turned out wonderfully. I am in process of writing it out and will share when I do, but the short version is that I was admitted on 10/15 (due date!!) But didn't have her until 10/17.

21. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: @cyndistar3: beautiful babies, congrats ladies!

22. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Rocker2014: @cyndistar3: @Ms.Pumpkin: So many beautiful ladies born for us this month! Congratulations to everyone!

23. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Hello ladies!
    Soooooo many congratulations to everyone with their lovely babies, is there anyone still to give birth?
    Sorry I haven't been around, life with a newborn is so overwhelming and busy. Torin is 1 month old today, I can't believe it. He is currently fast asleep on my chest so giving me a minute to update.
    The first two weeks he was here I was a mess, I really struggled with baby blues, was crying every night and convinced I'd made a huge mistake having a baby. It was so awful, I've never felt anything like it.
    The past 2 weeks have been a lot better, I'm finally at the end of feeling like that, still exhausted but he is starting to react to things more and acknowledge things so that makes it more fun, he smiled 2 days ago, it wasn't just wind, it was a reaction to splashing about in the bath, he now smiles each night in his bath which is so lovely. We have our first baby group tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it and nervous too. I have visions of him being the only wild screaming baby amongst angel babies, although in reality I know that won't be the case.
    We are formula feeding now, breastfeeding lasted 2 weeks, I think the stress made my baby blues worse so I gave up and now DH is able to help much more. Recently he has been on around a 3 1/2 hour routine at night which is heaven as we started out with a 2 hour routine which was killing me as he takes about 40 mins to go back down.

Are any of you getting any sleep? Getting into any sort of routine?

Hope you are all well, kisses to all the gorgeous babes x

24. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Mrs tartan: I am still waiting to have my baby! Any day now... If she cooperates. I'm sorry to hear about your baby blues but I'm glad that they are going away. I'm all for FF if that makes life for you all easier, and it sounds like it is. Tell us how your mommy group goes! I have been looking at some available in my area but I've always been nervous meeting new people, not quite sure why. Any new pics of your 1 months old?

25. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Have you had your induction yet? Thinking of you!

26. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: Oh she is so precious, congrats! So glad everything went and is going well

@Rocker2014: Oh man, I'm sorry things were so long and complicated, glad I'd turned out well! Can't wait to hear your story, she is beautiful congrats

@Mrs tartan: I cannot believe your lo is a month old already!!! The first 2 weeks can be really tough, hormones suck! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better though! As for sleeping, I really hope things keep going like last night, it was perfect! Because of how small she is she was having issues waking up to eat so it was very stressful but last night she woke up every two hours, latched on immediately, nursed herself to sleep and slept in her bassinet!!!! And surprisingly that means I slept well because I was able to get comfortable lol.

@Mrs.Panda: It really could be any minute for you, hang in there my dear!

I honestly cannot believe how small this little peanut is! Recovery is going amazingly, I have no tears and NO lady part pain and the cramping has stopped I think. We managed to go to church yesterday and this morning her cord stub fell off! So far the only time she cries is when we put her in her carseat and put a hat on her but I'm sure that will change soon. My oldest dd is sooo in love, she doesn't stop kissing her. My second dd is having a harder time, she loves her but she doesn't quite understand why I can't pick her up and why we tell her no when she tries to hug the babies face or play with her arms...lol

27. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@mrs.panda we are in L&D now, taking the scenic route to induction. They did 2 rounds of cytotec and a foley bulb but I'm pretty sure I'm still only at 1.5cm and the next step is Pitocin. Which is pretty scary to me. Midwife will be in soon to examine me.

28. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cyndistar3: aww how sweet of your older girls, and I'm glad your recovery is going well.

@Ms.Mermaid: ahh so excited for you! I hope you dilate well with the meds, pit is what finally got my SIL going. Fingers crossed your induction fits well!

I'm being induced this Wednesday afternoon at 5.

29. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Oh how exciting! Hope everything goes well, I'll be praying for you

30. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

3 days of labor later, meet Molly!

31. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Oh man that's a long time to be in labor Congratulations she is perfect!

32. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: she's beautiful, congrats! I bet we have similar birth stories, I also had a three day induction.

33. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: she's beautiful, congrats! I bet we have similar birth stories, I also had a three day induction.

34. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs.Panda: what's up lady? Did you have your daughter? Hope all is well.

35. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Hi! Yes I did, I was in labor after induction for about 2 days before they realized she wasn't moving and I had a c-section. Here she is

36. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs.Panda: aww what a sweetie!

37. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@Mrs.Panda: omg, friend! She is beautiful!! I love the second photo. I hope you both are recovering well, and enjoying those snuggles!

38. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@Mrs.Panda: congrats, she's so sweet!

39. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

I'm finally back in Facebook land, is the group still on the go? Can someone add me? Missing all the chat, hopefully everyone is great and babies are all well! Torin is 6 weeks 3 days today, finally some light at the end of the no sleep tunnel is starting as he is now feeding 3 hourly at night

40. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Mrs tartan: Wall me your email address!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee