Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2018 POAS

1. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

@SupernovaJ: I've looked into it - mainly out of curiosity. I don't have a strong preference for either sex but I would love for my daughter to have a sister. I'm guessing it's not very effective but who knows.

2. Hypatia

kiwi / 500 posts

Add me to the list! I test on 9/2. My cycle was super weird this time, though, so I don't know if it'll be a success. Fingers crossed!

3. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@SupernovaJ: We were Team Green both times. We plan on being Team Green again. The hardest thing was determining two different names. I got asked several times after birth about the other name, but we have never said. DDs name is almost what DSs name would have been. (We changed the middle name.) I loved hearing DH tell me that our first was a boy.

There were some people who were not happy that we wouldn't tell them the sex. I think they thought we knew. Even if we had, we wouldn't have told them.

Unfortunately, most people decided to buy clothes after the birth, so I still have a ton of gendered baby clothing.

One of the hardest parts was buying anything for my second. They are 28 months apart and I still had everything from my first. We are also in a 2bedroom apartment, so I can't have a lot of stuff.

4. cstanton13

coffee bean / 37 posts

I'm new to this group. With my first pregnancy, I had been on and off BC starting nov 2015 and finally went off of it completely probably around January 2016. We conceived somehow (between 3 periods a month and never knowing when ovulation actually occurred) on March 23, 2016. Now we are trying for baby #2 I wanted to start in August (I thought I would get pregnant in August) thinking it would be easy just like the first. Guess I was wrong... periods starts tomorrow and I have had about 6 BFN. I hate to sound selfish because I know there are so many that have tried for years and here I am sobbing about 1 month. But no matter I still feel terrible and frustrated

Cycle Day: I start my period tomorrow (this cycle isn't through yet)
    TTC Cycle: #2
    Ovulation Date: Sept 13
    POAS Date: Sept 27
    Baby #: 2

Baby dust to everyone this month!

5. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@skinnycow: I feel the same way! If we have a third, one of them will be outnumbered but I think that makes it kind of fun. I've always wanted a sister for my DD, but there's also something about little boys, too, and would welcome another one.

6. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Mrs. Toad: Coming up with a girl list of names and a boy list of names will be fun, but challenging. We have both girl and boy clothing in storage but I'm with you, we are trying to minimize as much as possible these days! Our younger one is two and we just put a ton of baby stuff away and it felt so amazing. Good to know people have had good experiences with being TG! I bet that surprise in the delivery room is unforgettable!

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SupernovaJ: My husband literally forgot how to talk for a minute. I had a scheduled C-Section and my doctor asked if we wanted him to tell us or if I wanted my husband to tell me. My husband wanted to tell me.

Going into it I thought it was a girl and he thought it was a boy. Well my doctor holds up the baby for my husband to tell me, and he's just standing there slack jawed. My doctor is standing there holding up the baby just waiting; he finally asks if he's going to have to tell me what it is.

My husband finally stammers out that IT'S A BOY!, right as the nurse jokes with me that they're checking for a twin (I was huge and my sister kept telling me one was hiding)... So basically I said "You're shitting me!?" about the twin thing right as my husband gets his crap together to tell me what it was.

I love it so much, and I will do it with every other pregnancy too.

8. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Sams Mom: OMG that is the BEST story ever!! Your husband is so funny. He just couldn't believe he was right about having a boy? I can totally picture everyone just waiting in the OR... I bet you were like, ummm, hello!? Did you think about the gender more as the pregnancy went on, or was it easy to not think about it at all?

9. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@skinnycow: I’m the same way, I’d be excited for either, but I really want a sister for my dd

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Anyone know if it’s possible to be ovulating while still spotting after a miscarriage? My doc said I’d bleed and then stop and then get my period, so not fertile during the in between time, but I’ve had lots of what seems to be ewcm mixed with a teeny tiny amount of spotting for the last two days, so I don’t know if I’m maybe fertile now. It’s been almost two weeks since I started bleeding, so ??? My hcg was still in the 700s on Friday, so I highly doubt it, but not sure what’s going on. Dh is going out of town tomorrow, and I’m not really in a rush to try before we are “supposed to”, but just curious

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@SupernovaJ: I was so convinced I KNEW it was a girl, so I even called him Olivia 🤣. But then at one of my multiple ultrasounds in my 3rd trimester I thought I saw a penis. So I came home and whined to my husband that I thought I saw a penis.

Every now and then I say Olivia to see if my son looks up in recognition 🤣

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Kaohinani: @LAZB: I think Kaohinani mentioned that her doctor said her CP could yield the miscarriage and period at once or she could have 2 separate bleeds. I don't know if that applies to a later loss like yours though.

13. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Sams Mom: yeah, my early loss last time had bleeding which was the same as a period, but I think it has to be different this time. My hcg was 89k when we first saw no heartbeat, and the baby had stopped growing several days before, so it was likely already coming down.
    In comparison, with my CP, my hcg was only like 50 at peak levels.

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I just took an opk, which was super positive, but that is probably from hcg still in my system. I haven’t peed on a stick in a while, and don t have any hcg tests, so thought I’d take an opk lol

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@LAZB: Yea, if your betas are still very high, it will totally throw a positive OPK. I'm hoping everything settles for you sooner than later.

16. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

September 2018 POAS

Hypatia: 9/2
    Umberto: 9/2
    Mrs. Toad: 9/3
    2Mamakrewe: 9/4
    Yellowbeach: 9/10
    Skinnycow: 9/15
    Paranundrum: 9/15
    Berly: 9/17
    Supernovaj: 9/18
    Mrsdynamitegal: 9/19
    Patientlywaiting19: 9/20
    Magnolia: 9/20
    Cstanton13: 9/27
    LAZB: TBD
    Kaohinani: TBD
    Jessiemuller88: TBD

Best of luck to everyone this month!

17. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Sam's Mom was correct. My doctor stated that (atleast with a CP) you can have a bleed that passes your tissues while having an AF or you can have a CP bleed THEN an AF. The only way to be certain is OV (positive OPK, temping, and then a day 21 progesterone test). Residual HCG in the system can throw everything out of whack. I'm not certain if it is the same with early miscarriage. With my mc years back, I bled then had an AF and it took a bit for my cycle to regulate and OV. I suppose each woman, cycle, loss, and circumstance is different.

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

I found a CVS right on the Las Vegas Strip! Who knew... let the temping resume!

I’m pretty confused though bc Glow says I’ll ovukate CD18 but FF says CD 22. Not sure where they are getting this from bc my RE said we’d start ultrasounding CD13 to look for it. 🤷‍♀️

19. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: the algorithm they use is averaging in your "long cycle" so it skews everything for a while

20. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

OPKs are getting darker for me but not close to positive yet. As long as I don't get a positive tomorrow we should get at least one good BD session in. Fingers crossed!

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@yellowbeach: I totally bought pregnancy tests there in June lol

22. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@cstanton13: Welcome! I don't think it matters very much if it's a few months or a few years in to TTC, seeing a BFN or getting AF when you don't want to get it, is always crappy.
    Best of luck to you this month!

My OPKs arrived today, I get to take the first one in the evening. I have had fertile cm for three days now so I may be late with the OPKs anyway. FF predicts OV on the 1st, but I think it may come a bit early this time.

@Sams Mom: Does your son look up if you call him Olivia?

23. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@paranundrum: only once in 2 1/2 years so I don't think he's traumatized 🤣... At least from that

24. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@Sams Mom:

25. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

Hi everyone! 👋 Rolling over from the August board since I ovulated later than expected...

Cycle Day: 29
    TTC Cycle: 4
    Ovulation Date: 8/26?
    POAS Date: 9/5
    Baby #: 2. LO1 is 2.

This has been a wonky cycle and I’m not sure if the timing was right to conceive, but I will be POAS anyway starting 9/5 until af shows up

26. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@starlitsky: Lol good luck! My O and POAS dates are so far away, will have to live vicariously through others until then.

27. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

May as well join this month, I'm 13 dpo and still getting BFN, so AF is eminent.

Cycle Day: 1 (well CD 1 will be Friday Aug 31)
    TTC Cycle: 18 (maybe another Clomid round, maybe Femara, I don't know)
    Ovulation Date: September 15/16
    POAS Date: September 28? Maybe sooner, maybe later depending on how optimistic I feel.
    Baby #: 2. Son is coming up on 2 1/2

28. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

September 2018 POAS

Starlitsky: 9/5
    Sams mom: 9/28

29. cstanton13

coffee bean / 37 posts

@paranundrum: Thank you. AF came today with vengeance. grrr! Just my luck! How does everyone stay positive each month and continue to do this? Again, I'm sobbing over 1 month, but lord, I was so stressed this month on that ttw i made myself sick. I don't know if I can keep doing it it like that.

30. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@cstanton13: welcome! I’m only on cycle #3 ttc but it’s definitey tough this time around, especially because my son was a one time deal (although i had losses before him).

Hugs and hopefully this is the last one you have to go through.

31. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@cstanton13: Hi, and welcome to the Sept board. Hang in there; TTC is extremely frustrating... In fact, I will be on cycle 34 (after having had 2 children years earlier) when I'm able to after this CP. I have questioned my ability to continue on this journey EVERY month. To respond: Most of us are determined, or stubborn (I'm definitely speaking of myself here), or not quitters by choice (OR all 3 😂) and have a real desire to have a baby. Women who seriously TTC are strong and resilient to many things (* Including but not limited to exhaustive tracking, a multitude of doctor visits, wonky cycles, prying family and friends, continued BFN tests, anovulatory cycles, health concerns, infertility issues ... etc). We all keep positive and a sense of humor because the alternative isn't really an option. 😉 Also - being part of this community is beneficial as it is always wonderful to have all of these lovely ladies cheer you on during the grueling TWW, grieve with you during a loss, and (the best part) celebrate with you when you do receive your BFP. So, with that, let us embrace another chance to TTC and keep our fingers crossed 🤞 for beautiful BFPs in September! 😉🧡

32. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Hi ladies! This board was super supportive when TTC #2, so I’m excited to join for #3! I just got my IUD out today!

Cycle Day: ? If I had to guess, I’d say CD4
    TTC Cycle: 1
    Ovulation Date: ?? September 8
    POAS Date: ?? September 18
    Baby #: 3. My DS just turned 5 (starts K next week!) and my DD just turned 3.

I’m really guessing on my dates, so I might have to adjust the dates as the cycle goes on.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

33. paranundrum

clementine / 811 posts

@cstanton13: Sorry about the AF.
    I agree with Kaohinani - determination and stubbornness are a big part of it. For me it's also hope, it's actually even funny how I might be (and usually am) completely broken in the beginning of a new cycle, mope around for a few days and then get up and dust myself off again, but when I'm past OV, I get ridiculously hopeful again, because I just might be pregnant for real this time!
    And the community here really is a big help. I felt that after I joined in July. You'll see that you're not alone.

@QBbride: Welcome! Best of luck to you this month!

My OPKs finally arrived yesterday and I tested in the evening - blazing positive! OV will probably be today, but there's a chance it might have been last night because my temp today looks like it may be on the rise already, I guess I'll find out in a few days.

34. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

September 2018 POAS

Starlitsky: 9/5
    Qbbride: 9/18
    Sams mom: 9/28

35. skinnycow

pear / 1728 posts

I took an OPK last night and it was almost positive. I'm assuming the one I take today will be positive. DH doesn't get home until tomorrow around five so I'm thinking our timing won't be great

36. Mrs. Toad

persimmon / 1095 posts

@skinnycow: Hopefully it works out. I'm rooting for you.

37. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@skinnycow: what a bummer!
    @paranundrum: great timing to get your opks in!
    @Sams Mom: I’m bummed, I really thought August was your month!

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I ordered some wondfos, and still got a positive pregnancy test today, so I guess hcg is still there (which I kind of figured). It’s pretty light, but still significant, if I had to guess I’d think my hcg is down in the 100-200 range, so hopefully negative soon. Maybe no poas in September, it was wishful thinking, we will see what happens in the next days

39. Kaohinani

grapefruit / 4144 posts

@LAZB: Stay hopeful! Besides, according to my OBGYN, one may still have some residual HCG on a test and be able to OV as an LH rise after a loss is independent of the amount HCG (which is decreasing). In fact, I took a HPT this morning and it was so faint (almost looked like an indent) then took an OPK and it was darker. I'm on CD7 (AF/CP) and REALLY hoping for OV in September. On non-Clomid cycles, I usually OV anywhere from CD 8-12 (depending on the length of AF). Residual HCG may push it back a bit BUT if HCG is low enough and is still falling (no tissues are remaining) AND if an ovum is able to mature, anything is possible. You still have a chance for September. 🤞👍🧡

40. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@Kaohinani: maybe I am ovulating right now then, I have so much ewcm, I wouldn’t think it was possible with the positive hpt, but maybe my levels are low enough? Either way I’m not trying right now, I’ve never had a strong enough ovulation without clomid or vitex, so I don’t want to really try and get my hopes up already.
    This was the hpt from earlier.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee