Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

We Heart BFPS!! - February 2015 POAS

1. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@travellingbee: That really sucks! I hope it works out.

2. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

@AprilFool: thanks! Me too!

3. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

I'm out. Hoping March is our month. Initial consultation with the RE scheduled for Monday. Does anyone know if they'd do day 3 blood work on the first visit (it would be day 3 for me and why wait another month)

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm sorry

5. Hoots

kiwi / 673 posts

@YogiRunner: They could. Mine had to be fasting though.

6. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

Negative test this morning at 12DPO. No AF yet but a tiny bit of spotting a few hrs ago (my LP used to be be 13 days, but that was pre-baby and Mirena so I'm not sure about now yet). I'm guessing I'll probably start tomorrow.

7. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@YogiRunner: @lovehoneybee:

8. lovehoneybee

@AprilFool: It's okay, I would have loved a Nov baby but I've actually always wanted a Dec baby so fingers crossed for next month!

9. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I'm out

10. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@chaosmaven: "My doctor feels that these issues are from the m/c (as opposed to causing it, which is my suspicion)."

Ugh very similar boat over here, wondering if the miscarriage is a symptom of a larger problem. I switched to a new obgyn after the Oct loss and he attributed my irregular, long cycles and light periods to the miscarriage, but offered testing in March if I don't stabilize by then. But, I forgot to tell him about the ovarian cysts I had in November, and that knowledge combined with acne and tons of abdominal weight, makes me think PCOS... I hope we can both get answers sooner rather than later! Have you considered switching obgyns?

11. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@lovehoneybee: fingers crossed.

12. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

POAS Dates

BFP!!
    jodyblair; hilsy85; bluestriped bee; mrsjenbug; NurseDMB; Willow; snickers; MoreCoffee

TBD: babies_please

2/21: Imabee
    2/23: wheres_c
    2/25: Berly
    2/27: creativemomma15; CObee
    2/28: stiletto_mom; CObee; californiadreams

Rollover: smith; 2farmmoms; DesertDreams88; ballerinabee; clover; NorthStar; wrkbrk; JennyG; fancy function; Hoots; chaosmaven; YogiRunner; lovehoneybee; MrsKRB

Cheerleader: Anya; simplyfelicity; MrsMccarthy; BandDmommy; NovBaby1112; travellingbee; autumnlove; Mrs. J; Kimberlybee; Honeygold89; AprilFool; Danizaur; mrschickpea

13. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@DesertDreams88: Totally understand. I was kind of a mess after my appointment last week, as I was really hoping to get some answers as to what is going on with my LP. I have a number of PCOS signs but I am still ovulating reasonably consistently, so she feels it may be related to my miscarriage.

I haven't thought about changing doctors, as she is a family med dr, who is my OB and primary, as well as the pediatrician for my DD. I really love and trust her, I think I'm just having a hard time with the "calm down and wait for healing" approach that everyone is advocating right now. So I'm going to tough out the next couple months, and work on improving my physical health and stress levels. Hopefully I get lucky in the next couple months. This cycle was better than the last couple (due to the B50, I think), so there is hope!

Are you going to have testing done next month? Has your dr indicated what they will do?

14. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@chaosmaven: Ah, I see, definitely wouldn't want to switch if she's that central to you and your family's healthcare! Yes, the "calm down and wait for healing" can be quite frustrating.... Mentally I know it's the sensible approach for now, and sometimes I'm able to agree with it and have peace, but other days I'm just like, "Let's draw a pint of blood and test it for everything possible, and how about an ultrasound while we're at it?"

Yeah, my obgyn said to call if this cycle is irregular too (which would be cycle 5, month 9). I'm hoping to fit in some bloodwork (estrogen, FSH, LH, progesterone, maybe insulin, etc.) and an ultrasound of my ovaries sometime March 11-13, which is when this cycle will be 34-36 days long. I go away on a week-long vacation the next week, otherwise I'd wait until like day 40. He mentioned someone about "medication" for my long cycles, but didn't go into specifics.

15. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@DesertDreams88: Yes, yes... "Let's draw a pint of blood and test it for everything possible, and how about an ultrasound while we're at it?" That's what I've been thinking all week! It seems so easy to draw blood and test for everything once you are pregnant, but they are so hesitant at this stage. Seriously, I know there is the cost and I don't normally advocate over treating, but why are they so against getting more information? Even just a baseline to compare to in 4 months to see how everything evens out. So frustrating!

16. alphagam84

persimmon / 1095 posts

Excited to announce that I received a positive pregnancy test this weekend! Went of BC in July and I don't think I actually ovulated until this month. I had been testing for ovulation since early December with nothing happening until the 6th of this month. This will be our first baby, fingers crossed everything sticks!

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@alphagam84: Congratulations! Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months!!!

18. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@alphagam84: Congrats!

19. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

@lovehoneybee: bummer... but December babies are great!

@alphagam84: Congrats!

I'm waiting it out for AF to arrive in the next day or two... I'm not super hopeful but we will see. It's been an off week. Right now I'm trying to hold out & not test. I bought some this weekend when I was at the store without the kids just in case. I just hate the waiting!

20. lovehoneybee

@creativemomma15: Fingers crossed!!!

21. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

i am anxiously awaiting through what I hope is at least a 12 day wait! I am currently on 7 dpo. AF is expected on Thursday but I hope she holds out to the weekend at least Sunday so I can say I had a good length LP post weaning! Or better yet, i hope she doesn't come at all and i get a BFP

FX to everyone still waiting to test

and sorry for all the recent BFNs

22. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Good luck to those testing at the end of the month!!

23. DesertDreams88

grapefruit / 4361 posts

@alphagam84: Congratulations! Wishing you all the best! And fingers crossed for all those waiting at the end of the month!

24. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

i am 8dpo and going crazy!!!! my period app and FF says AF is due tomorrow! please either never get my period or at least a few days longer to have a longer LP!!!! i want to test so bad but am holding out until the weekend!

25. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@californiadreams: Hang in there!!! Fingers crossed that this is your month!

26. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@JennyG: thank you! Ironically, i won't be that upset anymore if i am not pregnant.....i just found out that I may have an opportunity for a job change but there are 100 things to consider before I decide whether i will do it....and pregnancy would complicate it further!

I primarily just don't want to get my period until the weekend, LOL. If i do get a BFP then i will be thrilled, just not completely bummed if i get a BFN. If that makes sense.

27. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@alphagam84: just scrolling up and saw this. congratulations!!

28. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

@californiadreams: I am only 6dpo and I'm going crazy too!!! Having weird cramps and tinglings and a heightened sense of smell which are probably definitely from progesterone supplements but I can't help but obsess over them.

29. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

Plus my temp dipped like .4 degrees today so it's definitely an implantation dip...riiiiiight??

30. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@CObee: yes!

my temp actually dipped by 0.13 today and it made me nervous because last month when my temp dipped, i got excited it could be implantation dip, but then i got AF the same day. so i will see what happens tomorrow....

31. creativemomma15

pear / 1610 posts

so.... I'm out. AF made a lovely appearance after a crappy evening. Great way to end the day. I wasn't very hopeful for this month anyway, but the timing in midst of how my night was going sucked. Sorry for the bad attitude.

32. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

@creativemomma15: awww, so sorry about the BFN and your crappy evening, hugs.

33. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@creativemomma15: I hope your night gets better

34. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

@californiadreams: yep I'm so nervous to wake up and temp tomorrow morning, hoping for a huge jump for both of us!

35. CObee

cherry / 189 posts

@creativemomma15: sorry about AF . What a B.

36. Berly

cherry / 107 posts

I'm out. On to the next cycle.

37. californiadreams

pomegranate / 3411 posts

well i am mega bummed. before i went to bed last night, i got some spotting and i just knew it would be AF and not implantation spotting and i was right. Full on AF overnight

I am not even upset about not getting pregnant, i have some career choices to make now and it might be a good thing to wait...but i wanted more than an 8 day luteal phase. That just leaves me feeling totally hopeless and defeated

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@californiadreams: I'm sorry

39. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

POAS Dates

BFP!!
    jodyblair; hilsy85; bluestriped bee; mrsjenbug; NurseDMB; Willow; snickers; MoreCoffee; alphagam84

TBD: babies_please; Imabee; wheres_c

2/27: CObee
    2/28: stiletto_mom

Rollover: smith; 2farmmoms; DesertDreams88; ballerinabee; clover; NorthStar; wrkbrk; JennyG; fancy function; Hoots; chaosmaven; YogiRunner; lovehoneybee; MrsKRB; creativemomma15; Berly; californiadreams

Cheerleader: Anya; simplyfelicity; MrsMccarthy; BandDmommy; NovBaby1112; travellingbee; autumnlove; Mrs. J; Kimberlybee; Honeygold89; AprilFool; Danizaur; mrschickpea

@alphagam84: Congratulations!

Good luck to all those still to test!!!

40. lovehoneybee

@creativemomma15: sorry honey, I hope today was better!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee