Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

IF Thread Check In - 8/28

1. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Sunshine1810: Thanks! Glad you had a fun weekend

2. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Sunshine1810: Thanks. I did have a good weekend. No IVF updates. We are meeting with the finance coordinator Wednesday to confirm the cost. We already know from our April meeting but wanted to get an update.

3. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Sunshine1810: that is so soon!

I wrote a guest post for the blog about my experience with embryo adoption so far. Part 1 was posted today!

4. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Leialou: just read it! Thank you for sharing your story, and helping to highlight IF on the blog.

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: Enjoy the next couple of months! You'll have your schedule tacked down and be getting started before you know it!

@Leialou: LOVED it! Can't wait for the next installment! Thank you for sharing!

ETA: where does anyone who know what DH and I have been through and how long we've been waiting to conceive naturally and with assistance, get off offering the single word explanation of "stress"???

6. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Say what?? Someone tried to just tell you that you were 'stressed' and that was the issue!?

7. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

I'm waiting for my doc to enter in my u/s results from this morning to see exactly how many follies and how big they are, but she did say this morning there were "a lot" and "both sides look great". I will be back in on Friday for blood and u/s again, and she said retrieval could be as soon as Tue!

8. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: Yup. And I kind of get it...she also waited a long time to finally get pregnant, took meds...and her first pregnancy actually occurred on a med-free cycle, when she was convinced it wouldn't. But NO. I am happy to say that my head did not explode...but just barely.

I'm excited that your stims are going well and your retrieval is so soon!!!

9. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@Leialou: Great blog post! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

@FliegepilzHut: Ugh! People are so ignorant when it comes to infertility. Sorry you had to put up with that. I too have heard the 'stress' explanation many times. So frustrating.

@PurplePumps: Almost there!! So exciting!!!

10. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Sunshine1810: It is so obnoxious...actually what she aside was "my OB said..." and I said "any dr. that said that to me....". But, first of all, I'm not going to reduce stress any further, shy of stopping work entirely...and secondly, there's no evidence for that (and no way to do a study). That's the sort of thing for which there's lots of anecdotal evidence...but it only really "works" in retrospect. Argh... So NOT helpful...

11. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@FliegepilzHut: There is no evidence of that, and it impossible to completely cut all stress out of your life. I too would have to quit my job which would cause all sorts of other stress! When people bring up stress, it actually stresses me out more about getting stressed!!! I wish people would think before they spoke.

12. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Sunshine1810: Exactly. I think I held it together pretty well...but, REALLY?!? Really.

ETA: The getting stressed about getting stressed is the absolute worst! I am a huge believer in the mind-body connection and agree that relaxation and a positive attitude can only help. But stress-reduction for fertility can only take you so far.

13. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Sunshine1810: BTW-- I'm sending lots and lots of good vibes your way! Will you start stims later this week? Or is it next?

14. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@FliegepilzHut: It is! A positive attitude is great, but I agree with you. Stress reduction is not going to do it for us unfortunately!

15. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Sunshine1810: Sadly, no. Wouldn't that have been nice, though?

16. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@FliegepilzHut: SO nice!

17. BSB

@FliegepilzHut: It's so hard. Usually I'm occupied with b/w, u/s. trigger shots, IUIs and a short TWW, but this month of just BCP is really giving me a lot of time to think. Then my sister just made her pregnancy FB official, so that hurt seeing it pop on news feed on Monday. I knew she was further along but I don't think anything I could do could brace myself to see that announcement. I ended up hiding her and a few of my newly pregnant friends. Just so hard right now.

I, seriously, don't know how I'm going to do all this waiting. I just want to hide in a bubble until my ER and hide some more when the FET.

I'll be honest... What sucks is I've noticed I'm getting jealous of fellow IFers. (I apologize to anyone reading this.) Ones that are now pregnant with #2. Ahh, why so much waiting for me. Why, oh, why couldn't I have gotten pregnant sooner?!? I'm now starting to doubt IVF. Maybe we should try adoption. Yeah, my head is starting to spin and I have a few more weeks of BCP and a trip home in 2 weeks where I get to see my pregnant sister (Ugh!). See why I want to just hide from everything?

18. BSB

@PurplePumps: Woohoo! Good news!

19. Sunshine1810

pear / 1556 posts

@bluestriped bee: I went through a lot of emotions right before we started IVF. I started second guessing. I started thinking maybe we should have just gone straight to adoption, etc. I think that's normal. I finally decided that I at least wanted to try IVF, because I wanted to feel like I did "all we could" so to speak. It's not that I don't want to adopt, because I do, but it was important to me to exhaust all my medical options first.

20. BSB

@Sunshine1810: @FliegepilzHut: Ugh, stress reduction. I have been more than relaxed on countless cycles. I hate when people say to relax. There have been people on illegal drugs and they managed to conceive and give birth. Stress is not the sole (sp?) decider on TTC. Sadly I had a friend who was TTC for 7 years finally get pregnant and gave birth already and I opened up to her and asked her if she went through fertility treatments. She told me she finally got pregnant when she relaxed. It's great that she finally got her miracle but I don't think it was just relaxing that did it.

21. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: It makes lots of sense to really try and wrap your head around your options. For me, the idea of actually getting pregnant and having a biological child really took hold after my first m/c. Before that, I was pretty sure I wouldn't ever pursue ART. But...things change, your mind changes. If we aren't successful after 2-3 IVF cycles...or if things get too hard...we're back to adoption...but that's going to require some adjustment. Is there anything in particular that's making you question the step to IVF? You don't have to answer that, of course...but sometimes these "breaks" (I'm in one right now) give you a unique opportunity to take a hard look at the goal and the path to get there. And I absolutely hate feeling jealous...but I've had a fair bit of that too, lately.

22. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yikes! 7 years?!?! I'm happy that they finally got their baby...but they must have started a LOT earlier than we (DH and I) did, to have that kind of time!

ETA: I'm not even sure I could stress about TTC for 7 years, if I tried to...

23. BSB

@FliegepilzHut: DH brought up adoption. He was thinking that there was more of a chance that we could take home a baby instead of with IVF there was a chance of our first IVF cycle could fail.

Then there's that that adoption post from Hotchildinthecity and how speedy her adoption process has been.

Like I said, I read one thing and my mind goes off on a tangent.

24. Mrs. Jacks

blogger / pineapple / 12381 posts

@Leialou: I'm going to go read!

25. Mrs. Jacks

@bluestriped bee: Try not to doubt your process, hun! You've thought a ton about this and you highly considered adoption at one point. But you are so close now to actually doing your first IVF that it's only natural to have a few jitters. You can always re-evaluate if you need to later. I am very hopeful for you. You WILL get to the finish line, friend!

26. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: It's totally worth talking about. My DH recently freaked me out be going on a bender talking/thinking about the child-free movement. I have realized that an inordinate amount of my self-worth is wrapped up in becoming a parent...

27. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Wow, I commend you for being able to keep your cool. I'm sure I would have exploded and lost it on someone if they said that to me.

@bluestriped bee: I've had to hide a LOT of people from my feed cause I was tired of seeing announcements, pregnancy updates, and then newborn pictures... all the while we're still trying. Geez, 7 years, I wish I had 7 years to wait and relax with. But really, after that long her own answer was relax? Sorry, but I'd have had a hard time looking at her with a straight face. Maybe it's a good sign that once there's a baby in your arms you sort of forget all the pain it took to get there. For me, even just last night after my husband gave me the injection, I laid there and though 'what the heck are we doing', 'why are we doing this', 'maybe we should just forget it'. I think doubts and wonder always linger with everything we have to do and go through. It's almost like it's been so long that I've lost the original excitement of a child cause it seems so unreachable now though but I just want to "win" and beat this IF.

28. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: Thanks! I kind of had to hold it together, but it wasn't easy...

I hope you "win" and have a sweet baby to take home very soon!

29. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: I'll admit to being jealous of other IFers too. I feel like I'm one of the members who has been trying the longest without having a child through some method. Then I get mad at myself for being jealous because everyone deserves to take home a child and IF hurts no matter how long you struggle.

30. Mrs. Pickle

@Mrs. Jacks: I'm going to PM you when I get home from work. I've got a question for you.

31. Mrs. Jacks

@Leialou: I'll look for it.

32. BSB

@Mrs. Jacks: Thanks.

@FliegepilzHut: I do think we do want biological children for now and I think that's why we kept with the IUIs and now IVF. I think it's our impatience that's make us think other routes.

@PurplePumps: I'm thinking maybe I need to have a break from FB and even HB. Maybe I'm in a sensitive period right now and every little thing is bothering me. Maybe catch up on some reading or get into my knitting again. Something to keep me off social media.

@Leialou: I know. I feel guilty, too, when I have those thoughts.

33. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@Leialou: I feel like this sometimes too ::hides:: I get jealous sometimes of people who know what the problem is, and people who have gotten farther along in treatment than us in less time.

But then I'm sure there are some who are jealous of me because I have seen a BFP. So maybe it's all relative?

I think it's ok to be jealous of each other. At least we know that we are not naive about the process, you know? Not for example, like a gal who'd post on FB that's she's pg. at 6 weeks! (True story.)

And I think possibly, that it'll help us to become better mommies when the times comes. Ugh, ok now I'm getting all teary! Dang (dr. prescribed) hormones!

34. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@bluestriped bee: That's completely understandable. If you take a break, please come back, so we can cheer you on, through your IVF journey!

35. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@TheSwissWifeStyle: Indeed, dang hormones! Thinking of you!

36. TheSwissWifeStyle

nectarine / 2600 posts

@bluestriped bee: i hear you. Do you what you need to do! I definitely get those times when I'm feeling more sensitive. It's totally ok.

37. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

@bluestriped bee: I'm sorry that it's so hard right now. I agree that distractions and just keeping busy can definitely help. (I just overload on house renovations pretty much every spare moment I have) Definitely do what you need to feel as good as you can in this situation.

38. PurplePumps

pomegranate / 3809 posts

My chart is a little ambiguous right now, they put down the measurements for 9 follicles total (8-10mm each), but then said there's 8-9 on each side under 10mm. Sounds like there could be 16-18 and maybe they didn't measure out all of them?

39. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@PurplePumps: That's wonderful! You'll recruit lots more by the time of your ER!

40. Shutterbug

grapefruit / 4703 posts

@PurplePumps: that sounds about right. My clinic didn't measure them until they hit 12mm, so they listed the little ones in ranges (i.e. - 5-10 < 12mm, or 10+ < 12mm). Sounds like a good response so far, good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee