I just don't know what to do anymore. A has always been a fussy baby and not easy to please. She had reflux as an infant, but seemed to grow out of it and we were able to wean off the Zantac around 7 or 8 months. She has had 5 ear infections since July (with a 10-day course of Amoxicillin each time), but so far we're not quite ready to pursue tubes yet, hoping that she'll grow out it. Recently, her fussiness has ramped up, to the point where last night she was screaming, like she was in pain, for over an hour, until I finally called the pediatrician because I was convinced something was wrong with her. Oh, and her poop was dark and chalky. I took her in and he checked her ears, felt her stomach, checked her mouth, etc, and everything was fine. He looked at the diaper (I actually brought the soiled diaper with me because I thought it looked so weird) and he wasn't concerned about it. She was, of course, in a perfectly lovely mood at the pediatrician, so he didn't see the screaming she was doing. He said she has some fluid behind her ears, but it's not infected, so maybe there was just some pressure built up that popped on it's own. Or it could be just gas pain that she was finally able to fart out (she was pretty farty/burpy).

She slept through the night without a peep. This morning, though, she was super fussy again. Not like last night, but I could not put her down at all. If I try to set her down so I can get something done, she loses her mind. And me picking her up isn't a guarantee that it gets better.

The past few nights she's barely eaten dinner, just sat there and screamed at us. Last night, she wouldn't touch a thing (and we had pasta, which she usually devours) until my husband gave her a cup of mandarin oranges. It was the only 2 minutes she was content.

I don't know if she's getting too much milk in her bottles during the day and she's just not hungry at dinner? If something she's eating is upsetting her tummy? If she's just being a bratty, picky eater but then she's pissed off because she's starving? I can't figure it out but I'm at my wit's end. Even my 4 year old was in tears last night because he was trying to comfort her and it wasn't working and she was screaming so loud it was hurting his ears. At one point last night, I was standing in the middle of the kitchen crying, holding her while she was screaming, with my 4yo standing next to us crying. It was a shitshow. HELP!!!