DS is almost 20 months. He has slept through the night consistently since about 12 months (11-12 hours). Bedtime usually involves both DH and me. I get his jammies on, DH brings him milk, I read him books, then DH comes back to help with teeth brushing and we both put him in the crib and say goodnight. Sometimes he’ll play around for awhile before going to sleep, but he never fusses/cries.

There is usually one night per week where either DH or I aren’t home for bedtime, so the other one has to do it all solo, which had been fine until recently. Twice for bedtime and once for a nap when DH has been solo, DS has screamed bloody murder in his crib until DH goes back in the room. He apparently calms down instantly when DH comes back, but he has to stay in there until DS falls asleep. He doesn’t pick him up, just rubs his back/hangs out in the rocking chair until he goes back to sleep, which has taken anywhere from 30-60 minutes. The good news is, once he’s asleep he’s been staying asleep the whole night.

Does this sound like the 18 month regression, just a little late? Or something else? I’m due with DS2 next month, so I’d like to get this figured out ASAP so DH is able to do bedtime solo with DS1 when needed.