Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Any May 2013 mommies out there?

1. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@autumnlove: You know, I actually really wanted to go Team Green but I just can't because I'm too impatient. hahaha

Isn't it funny how something as simple as water just doesn't feel good to drink?? I'm trying to force myself but it just tastes so horrible to me. And before pregnancy I loved water, I drank it all the time.

2. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

Is this a second baby for anyone else??

My only symptom so far is major sleepiness at around 330. I lay on my LO's bedroom floor and she plays around me. I've also taught her where the baby is. She comes and lifts my shirt and gives baby kisses. She also sometimes gets confused and thinks the baby is under her shirt.

3. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@maybebaby: Thanks!!! Should be fun. :)@anniegurumi: Thanks

4. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@IcebergMom: This will be my second baby! I'm so tired!

5. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

I'm 7 weeks right now, so far i'm just exhausted, I've been lucky to not get M/S, i'm feeling pretty good about my chances, since my mom didn't get sick with my sister or I I got maternity insurance this week too.

Hope everyone is doing/feeling okay!

6. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

@autumnlove How old is your LO? Mine is 14.5 months.

7. IcebergMom

persimmon / 1295 posts

@mrstiz I'm 7 weeks too. We're all so close! This board is going to be fun! Can't wait for ultrasound pictures from everyone.

8. HappyJax

olive / 52 posts

Hi everyone! I haven't checked in for awhile but wanted to report in that we had our ultrasound today! Definitely one of the coolest things I've ever seen. We saw the heartbeat and everything is looking really good. I am measuring 7 weeks and 6 days.

Hope everyone is feeling great and can't wait till everyone else starts sharing ultrasounds too!

9. autumnlove

@IcebergMom: She just turned 9 months!

10. autumnlove

I don't think I ever posted my ultrasound from 2 weeks ago!

11. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

Is it normal for my mouth to taste/feel almost metallic-y? Yuck I feel like I need to brush my teeth 10x a day!

Also, is anyone going to take weekly/monthly bump pictures? Not just random bathroom pictures, but in the same place/same outfit/whatever?

12. autumnlove

@MrsTiz: Yes!! For my first pregnancy, I had that symptom for a few weeks...I think week 4-7? I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and I was googling endless medical possibilities!
    So nasty! I hope it goes away soon for you.

I think I'm too lazy to do real bump pics.

13. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@autumnlove: Haha this is my first week of it being this way (7wks)

I'm thinking i'm going to do this because you don't have to be dressed up for it or do hair and makeup

14. autumnlove

@MrsTiz: I think sucking on Lemonheads helped me get that horrific taste out of my mouth.

I like that bump tracker!

15. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@autumnlove: Ooh good idea! I've got FireBalls (hot cinnamon candies) that i'm never without now haha.

Now I just have to figure out how to take silhouette pictures!

16. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Hi ladies!

Dropping in late to join you all here at the encouragement of Jojogirl, who I've been chatting about crossfit with on another thread here. I have a dating US tomorrow (loooong cycles), so I should get a better date, but right now I think I'll be due in the last few days of May.

EDD: last week of May?
    How far along?: Guessing 6w and a few days
    How long TTC: surprise!
    First child?: Yes
    First doctor's appointment: I had an appointment last Friday with my midwife, and have the US with a tech tomorrow. I'll probably be switching practices so will have another "first" appointment in the next few weeks.
    How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: Right around when I got the positive test I was feeling kind of off, and then I had a week where I felt great. The last few days I've been feeling pretty lousy - vaguely naseous, exhausted, but also suffering from insomnia.
    Who have you told?: Just SO, my best friend, and his best friend. We will probably be telling the parents tomorrow if we have a good US. Feeling SUPER nervous, in part because we aren't married yet, though we've been together for years, are in our early thirties, are established etc... I know it's totally common these days, but it still makes me nervous about our parents' reaction.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

17. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Revel: Yay! Welcome!! And excited to hear how your parents respond!

18. autumnlove

@Revel: Welcome! I was in the same boat and I was nervous about telling my parents!

19. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@autumnlove: OMG! Mini baby! So adorable, I'm so glad your U/S went well.

@Revel: Welcome to the group !!!

20. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

Anyone else not really having many symptoms?? I'm starting to get nervous something is wrong. I know we're not supposed to hang our hat on symptoms = better but I feel weird the only thing I have is sore boobs at 6w4d. Anyone else?

21. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Thanks for the warm welcome!

@autumnlove, that does make me feel a little better... this whole thing just takes me back to being a teenager again for some reason... I think it's hard to change gears from preventing to being excited about pregnancy, even though we do feel very blessed and lucky to be in this position. I will keep you all posted.

The US went well this morning. She couldn't really see anything with the abdominal so we had to do the transvag. She said it was very early, measuring about 6w or 5w6d. We did see a heartbeat - a flicker on the screen really, but I didn't get a rate - I'm not sure if my dr may provide that info or if it was too early. I only saw a US tech today. By my calculation that puts my due date at May 31 or June 1 - so I'm right on the cusp, but I think I'll hang out here with you ladies!

@Jojogirl, everything I've read says that symptoms don't mean a whole lot. What I've read about mc seems to say that a sudden end to symptoms may be cause for concern, but if you're just not having any that may just be the way your body works. I haven't been feeling anything too intense. My worst symptom is insomnia, which I think magnifies everything else I'm feeling because I'm getting terrible sleep. I'm hopeful that you and the LO are doing great!

22. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Ah I've missed you guys! I've been away at a conference which was 4 days straight of 6AM - 10PM meetings and networking events. I felt like such a terrible employee because I had no energy to talk with people and "shmooze". Oh well, hopefully they'll understand once they find out. I got a pat down rather than going through the scanner at the airport, and it was quite "intimate" but not too bad. My coworkers didn't really question it, which I was so thankful for.

So exciting that some of you guys are getting your U/S's already!! Love the pictures

@JoJoGirl: My symptoms have been pretty on and off, so I wouldn't worry too much. This week I didn't really have any nausea (which I'm grateful for), but of course it made me worry too. I'm 7W2D and starting to feel a little cruddy again today. My boobs aren't incredibly sore, so I think I may be the odd one out with that too. It's such a weird feeling to wish for symptoms sometimes, isn't it?!

@Revel: Welcome!!! Excited to share in this time with you!

23. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Revel: @Mrs. Lovejoy: Thanks for the reassurance, you two! Makes sense going symptoms to none would be a little scarier than not having any in the first place. And it might still be early, I know others have said m/s didn't hit til week 7 (Monday). @revel so exciting about the u/s!!!! Definitely stick around with us!

Bring on the u/s! I really hope I can get one next week!

24. mjane

apricot / 444 posts

@jojogirl I am almost 9 weeks (I think) and wasn't queasy or tired until I think last week? And even now, both are manageable.

We're having an u/s on Monday where they hope to see the heartbeat (it was too early when I went in a little after 5 weeks), so I'm feeling INCREDIBLY anxious. It's going to be a looooong weekend.

25. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@mjane: Good luck with your u/s!!! We saw the heartbeat a few weeks ago and I cried like a baby. hehe

26. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

Hi all! I think it's about time I come out of the preggo closet and stop lurking

EDD: May, 2 2013
    How far along?: nugget is measuring 9w3d
    How long TTC: 6ish months
    First child?: Yes!
    First doctor's appointment: we had our first ultrasound 10/1 and we have another appt 10/10
    How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: better this week! However weeks 6&7 were terrible. I probably get sick once or twice a week now.
    Who have you told?: Our parents, siblings, and my boss/coworkers.

27. autumnlove

@Cupcake: Welcome!

28. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@JoJoGirl: I'm the same way, my boobs don't hurt, i'm not nauseous, i'm not emotional, i'm just HUNGRY. So I hope symptoms don't = healthy baby! I'm 8w1d today I believe? I've just been going Sunday to Sunday for my weeks haha. I'll know better once I see my OB on the 15th

29. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Revel: Welcome and congratulations!

@JoJoGirl: I feel pretty good for the most part, too. It is completely normal for symptoms to come and go.

@Cupcake: Welcome!

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was wonderful with lots of sleeping in, but our first appointment is tomorrow so we are ready to bring on the week! We've been told we will get a t/v ultrasound, so we are hoping and praying for a good, strong heartbeat--based on my LMP I am 7w4d tomorrow.

30. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Hi ladies, just wanted to check in with an update. We told our parents (I had mentioned I was nervous) and they are so excited! It's great and makes the whole thing seem more real.

On the flip side, I am feeling sooooo awful. I think I was feeling little bits of nausea last week but it hit me full force on Saturday. No vomiting but I am nauseous pretty much all day long. Eating is a challenge and I can barely get any protein in. I was eating paleo before this so switching to all this gluten and white carbs is probably also not helping how I feel. Saturday was absolutely the worst - yesterday was a slight improvement and today so far feel about the same. I'm at work right now so we'll see how that goes.

@Cupcake, welcome! Your post totally gave me hope that I might just feel terrible for a week or two. I'm 6w2/3d right now and am getting so depressed thinking about feeling this way for 6 more weeks.

@Maybebaby, thanks! Good luck at your US tomorrow!

How is everyone feeling?

31. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@maybebaby: Best wishes for you U/S tomorrow!!! I'm not too far ahead of you, I'm exactly 8 weeks today.

Weekend was great, mostly resting and enjoying the nice weather in Shanghai. Had some friends visiting from back in the states, they met their adopted daughter today! So excited for them!

32. mintmercury

coffee bean / 35 posts

hey ladies! congrats on all the BFPs i've been active on the weddingbee may 2013 thread, and just found this one! today i'm 6w5d with my second ultrasound on wednesday. my EDD is 5/29.

33. autumnlove

@maybebaby: Good luck today!

34. autumnlove

@mintmercury: Congrats and welcome!

35. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Cupcake: Welcome!!

@MrsTiz: @maybebaby: Glad I'm not the only one @maybebaby good luck at the u/s, woohoo!!!!!

@Revel: Glad telling them went well. And I'm sure you're not in for 12 more weeks of it - one day at a time!

@anniegurumi: Glad you had a good weekend!!!

@mintmercury: Welcome! So many of us are clustered close together! Once we all get our first u/s we should make a due date list.

Not much update from me, I'm 7w today based on what I think is my O date. OB appt 10/11 and hoping to talk him into an u/s. Ran a 10K today which went well!

36. akire

olive / 62 posts

Count me in. We're using a surrogate and today we heard the hb and got a May 29 due date. Best to all you May Mommas!

37. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@Revel: For those 2 weeks I thought how the hell do people live like this for months.... And then it went away, halaluja!!!

38. mjane

apricot / 444 posts

Had our 9 week (based on LMP) ultrasound today but they are thinking that I ovulated late and that it is more like 8 weeks... but we heard a heartbeat! Crazy. I was so anxious beforehand and it was SUCH a relief to hear it.

@maybebaby good luck tomorrow!

Telling families soon... and starting to obsess over planning. I try to tell myself to chill out, but I can't help thinking things like: "OMG I won't even have a winter coat that fits!"

39. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Revel: @anniegurumi: @mjane: @autumnlove: Thank you!

@akire: So exciting! Congratulations and welcome!

@JoJoGirl: Congrats on the 10k! And hoping you get the U/S--I think it is completely reasonable to request it.

@mintmercury: welcome! i am on the WB board too--I am MrsKitchenQueen

40. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@mjane: So excited you heard a heartbeat!!!!!! I ovulated late too so am also a week behind my EDD based on LMP. But the doc doesn't know that yet.

@maybebaby: Thanks!

Just got off the phone with the nurse for a pre-appt 'interview' - because of my long-ish cycles, I'm having an ultrasound Thursday!! Yippee!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee