Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Any May 2013 mommies out there?

1. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Jojogirl, YAY for an ultrasound! That's awesome.

Congrats on the 10K too! I honestly don't know how I'll ever exercise again. I went to the gym yesterday morning and felt terrible all day, so I'm trying to figure out if I feel better (exhaustion/nausea wise) if I don't exercise. That will be a huge bummer for me though. I was hoping to crossfit through the whole pregnancy.

Anyone else feel like they are just in survival mode right now? I didn't expect to feel this poorly at 6 and a half weeks.

2. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Revel: Oh nooooo, I'm sorry to hear that about your try for the gym. I haven't felt too bad and thought exercise was helping with that as I've heard it can actually alleviate nausea and exhaustion. I wouldn't give up on it yet - maybe you would've felt worse if you hadn't gone?

3. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@Jojogirl, don't worry, I'm not really ready to give up yet, or probably ever! I slept almost 10 hours last night and feel so much better than I did yesterday, versus maybe 7.5 hours the night before, so my thought is that sleep may be the key to feeling a little better. This may mean no morning workouts, or really early bedtimes if I can swing it, but I'll keep experimenting.

4. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Revel: Oh I was light's out at 8:30pm last night! Granted I do CF at 5:30am but the days of getting to bed at 9/9:15 and getting up at 5 are over.. i think it'll keep getting earlier, too.

5. MrsWasatch

pea / 20 posts

Hello ladies! I thought I'd finally join in.

EDD: May 30th

How far along?: 6 weeks + 6 days

How long TTC: 3 NTNT; 5 TTC

First child?: Yes

First doctor's appointment: I had my first appointment at 5 weeks, and one last Thursday at 6 weeks to check for a heart beat. I'm so thankful we were able to see one.

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: All day nausea started a little over a week ago. I'm definitely not feeling great.

Who have you told?: Only DH & the internet. We decided it was better to wait since we've had one MC and one chemical pregnancy.

6. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Jojogirl: I read on the charting thread that you have an ultrasound tomorrow? Thinking of you - can't wait to read about it.

7. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@MrsWasatch: Welcome!! Sorry to hear about your prior M/C and chemical preg., but we're all wishing you a happy and very healthy 8(or so) months! Glad you joined the board!

8. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@MrsWasatch: Welcome!!!

9. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@MrsWasatch: Welcome!

It's exciting that we're all so close together!

10. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@MrsWasatch: Welcome! I am so sorry for your previous losses and so glad you've joined us.

We had our first appointment yesterday! It went well and we were measuring right at 7w4d per my LMP. We had a t/v u/s and got to see the flickering heartbeat which was really amazing. I also got a flu shot and then 6 tubes of blood taken...and promptly passed out. I have never been great about needles. That was embarassing! We plan to tell DH's parents when we see them for dinner tonight and we will call mine as well. First grandchild on either side. In the picture the head is on the right and the white blob in the middle is the heart. In the second picture the head is still on the left and then in the left most you can see the yolk sac.

11. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsWasatch: Welcome!!! So happy you saw a heartbeat!!

@Ali: Yes ma'am! Due to my long cycle they agreed finally to give me a dating ultrasound. Crossing my fingers for good news and will definitely report back! How are you??

@MrsTiz: Seriously! I think all of our dates are like a week apart!

@maybebaby: AAAAH!!!! Hooray!!!!!! Amazing to see a heartbeat! Congrats, lady!!!!

WOohoo, will keep you guys posted tomorrow

12. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Jojogirl: I'm good thank you, lady! Back to my old self again, I'd say, and feeling nice and positive this cycle. Enjoying all the good news on this thread!

13. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

Hey ladies, we had our family history/physical appointment today (it was supposed to be last week, but the PAC went home sick). I had the tiniest amount of spotting, so they wanted to have a look to check things out. What a difference a week makes! Baby was waving to us! Little nugget actually has fingers now. Everything looks perfect

14. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Cupcake: OH MY GOD A HAND!!!! I can't believe you are growing a human. So crazy.

@Ali: So glad to hear you are feeling good and back to your old self. I'm sure you guys will have good news ASAP!!! xx

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@maybebaby: @Cupcake: Congratulations on your U/S results!! AH how exciting!! And @cupcake, that hand?! So stinking adorable.

Our U/S is tomorrow and I'm so excited and nervous!!

16. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Cupcake: OH MY GOD that is the cutest thing ever! Glad everything looks good (and adorable). How far along are you? Can't wait for our blob to look more human

17. autumnlove

@Cupcake: What a great ultrasound picture!

18. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Cupcake: Damn, how far along are you? That is amazzinngg. Little baby hands, ahh so exciting!

19. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@maybebaby: @MrsTiz: 11 weeks today!

20. maybebaby

nectarine / 2177 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Good luck, can't wait to see pictures!
    @Cupcake: That is totally amazing, how wonderful!

21. MrsTiz

cantaloupe / 6800 posts

@Cupcake: Wow, congrats! I can't believe my LO will have hands in 2 weeks.

22. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@maybebaby and @cupcake, great ultrasounds! Good luck to @Jojogirl and @Mrs. Lovejoy for your upcoming scans.

I'm actually feeling kind of human today! I was able to eat a fair amount yesterday and don't feel half as sick today as I've been feeling since Saturday. I dare not hope that this is the end of M/S, but I will take what I can get!

23. MrsWasatch

pea / 20 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: @autumnlove: @MrsTiz: @maybebaby: @JoJoGirl: Thanks for the warm welcome, and kind words ladies! I'm excited to be part of this group.

@Cupcake: That is such a great ultrasound! How cute.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Yay for ultrasound tomorrow.

@Revel: Glad you're getting some relief from feeling sick.

I'm 7 weeks today and it feels like the weeks are creeping by.

24. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

All is well, measuring at 7w5d and due date May 25! Heart beat at 155bpm and everything looks 'perfect'. Oh and they took 11 tubes of blood - holy crap.

25. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@JoJoGirl: I have been stalking this thread all afternoon for an update from you. So glad that everything looks good!!!!

26. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Smurfette: Me too! And it's 10pm for me, now!

@Jojogirl: Perfect! I'm really pleased for you!! Congrats!

27. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Ali: @Smurfette: Haha thanks guys!!! Sorry for the delay!!

28. MrsWasatch

pea / 20 posts

@JoJoGirl: So glad everything went well at your appointment. You feeling weak from the serious loss of blood lol? I only gave 5 or 6 and barely filled the last vial before the vein gave up.

29. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@MrsWasatch: She took my blood pressure immediately afterward and it was like 108/60. I was like um... that's not normal...

30. MrsWasatch

pea / 20 posts

@JoJoGirl: Yeah that's no good. I still can't believe they took that much!

31. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

Hello ladies! Thought I would stop lurking around and finally join the rest of the May mamas.

We have struggled through infertility for almost 3 years due to PCOS among other issues. It's been a long road. We were in the middle of an adoption...when this big surprise came along! So far things have been looking good--I'm on progesterone and have had the chance to have weekly ultrasounds which have been pretty neat. We've been officially released from our RE's care and have settled on a great midwife to work with.

EDD: May 5th

How far along?: 10 weeks + 4 days

How long TTC: Almost 3 years

First child?: Yes

First doctor's appointment: Had my first appointment around 4.5 weeks due to my fertility issues. Had our first ultrasound at 5 weeks.

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: I became sick INSTANTLY. I came home from work thinking I had a horrible stomach bug due to my vomiting and other tummy issues. A lady at CVS suggested I take a pregnancy test just in case...although I was so positive I wasn't pregnant, I caved and took a test. A few minutes after I couldn't believe the two little pink lines I was seeing. I then proceeded to take a total of 15 tests...yes, 15 because we could not believe it. Since then the exhaustion, morning sickness and tender breasts has been pretty consistent.

Who have you told?: DH, our immediate family, coworkers and a handful of friends.

32. autumnlove

@emg86: Welcome and congrats!!!

33. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

@autumnlove: Thanks and congrats to you as well!!

34. MrsWasatch

pea / 20 posts

@emg86: Congratulations! I just joined the board as well.

35. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@emg86: congrats & welcome!

36. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@JoJoGirl: Glad to hear your appointment went well!

37. anniegurumi

cherry / 174 posts

@emg86: Welcome and congratulations!!!!

@Cupcake: I love the hand!!!! High fiving us!

38. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@emg86: Wow, congrats and welcome!!!

39. emg86

persimmon / 1153 posts

@JoJoGirl, @anniegurumi, @Cupcake, @MrsWasatch: Thank you and congratulation to you all as well!!!

40. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@JoJoGirl: So glad your ultrasound went well!!! Congratulations!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee