Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2012 Mamas

1. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: the invites for mine haven't went out yet, but you better believe once they do, I'll be stalking! Haha! I have zero willpower.

2. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@mrsjazz: my amazon one sometimes sends an email, but it isn't very accurate, so I just check both (we're also registered at babies r us).

3. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

Hi everyone! I'm due April 1, and have a feeling I might end up a March mama, but we'll see! Had one shower already and am having one more on Feb. 11th. We are in the process of trying to buy our first home and move, so I'm getting really anxious to get to begin nesting and getting our little girl's room ready! We have a name, but it's a secret until she's here

4. 4lilscounting

apple seed / 1 posts

Due April 6th...I saw a girl when we had our ultrasound but the tech said he couldn't tell us for legal reasons (strange) and they didn't include it in our report so it will be a bit of a surprise. Good luck ladies!!

5. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

@erinpye: April fools baby :)!

6. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: I know! It also happens to be my great-grandmother's birthday and she's still living, so her first great-great-grandchild might be born on her birthday

7. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

@erinpye: Awwww! That'd be so sweet!

I had my GD screening yesterday! Now just waiting for my results.....

8. mrs. tictactoe

How are we all feeling? I'm starting to wonder how I could possibly get bigger (and still have 5 more weeks of growing). I'm definitely getting excited to meet this little man!

9. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Just wanted to pop in and say "HI"! Your all getting SOOO close! Enjoy the last few months/weeks of your pregnancies!

I was an April 2011 mama and miss these last few months leading up to LO's arrival and cannot believe it's been nearly a year already...sniff sniff

10. Bluebonnet

persimmon / 1427 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I can't imagine getting any bigger either and I have 7 weeks to go!

Some days I feel great. Other days I don't know how I can do this for 7 more weeks.

How is everyone else feeling?

11. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

Im on the same boat - my belly feels soooo heavy and have 7 weeks to go (almost 6.) I am still at work and will be training someone to fill in for me next month.. and then I will be saying goodbye for 14 weeks on April 1st. So I hope she is not a super late baby!

Other than feeling heavy at times and the swelling in my feet ... I feel good, not tired ... infact my bed time went from 8pm to 10pm recently!

Also, we just had our co-ed baby shower last weekend and were blessed with sooooooo many things but now my house is a mess!

12. mrs. tictactoe

@JustlikeHeaven: not tired??? Oh man I am SO tired all the time. Sleep is getting more and more interrupted and each day takes so much out of me.

I have less than 4 weeks until my due date! I can't believe it!!

13. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

does anyone know, is it unusual to suddenly be measuring small? I've been right on track up until my appointment yesterday, and the dr said I'm measuring a little bit small now. I go in for a u/s Saturday morning, but just curious if this is normal. I obviously hope first of all that the baby is ok, but I also hope he doesn't push my due date back! I'm so ready to be done, I'll be pretty disappointed if I find out I have longer to go than I thought.

14. tequiero21

honeydew / 7968 posts

@jennylynn: well, last appointment, i found out that we were at the 50% range every time, then the time before the last appointment, we were at 70%, then the last time, we were back at 50%.... why didn't they tell me when they were at 70%! we're supposed to see next appointment whether they're back at 50% and maybe the 70% was a fluke or a misread.

i don't think they'd push the due date back. they'll probably check the baby next appointment and maybe they just measured it incorrectly the last time! good luck!

15. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

Hi Ladies!
    I'm due 4/30 so I have 8 more weeks to go, give or take.
    I'm feeling pretty good overall. I've been very lucky this pregnancy!
    Starting to feel more uncomfortable and even more easily tired going up and down stairs.

16. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

One month from my due date today! Had an appointment with my midwife this morning and she said baby has moved low in my pelvis--no wonder I can't walk 10 steps without feeling like I have to go to the bathroom!

How is everyone doing?

17. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

I am the same way at 37 weeks - every step I take or move I make and its "oh have to run to the restroom" blah!!!

19 more days to go & 9 more days to go of working!

18. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: I'm so jealous that you only have 9 more days of work left! I'm 36 weeks pregnant and plan on working until I go into labor! I'm a nurse so I work 12 hour shifts, and it's def. starting to get hard! Enjoy your time off and do some relaxing for me!

19. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

@jennylynn: I know a couple nurses who have gone into labor a little early or right on time - I take it its because you ladies are on your feet/moving ALL day! I admire you all.

I work for a bunch of Attorneys - all of which are MEN ... I have been wanting to get out of here for a while now! haha.

20. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: Thanks! It's not easy, but I'm hoping staying active will help me go at least on time like you said! Ugh, I can't imagine working with all men. They have no idea what it's like to be pregnant!

21. bpcmarj

pomegranate / 3729 posts

Hi Everyone! I wanted to introduce myself even though we all don't have too much time left to go! I am due with my baby girl on 4/23. DH is convinced that she will actually be born in May...but we'll see I guess!

At 35 weeks the only real issue that I have been having is heartburn and pelvic pain (specifically when I am trying to roll over in bed). For the last day or so I have been having some serious BH contractions. I don't know what caused them to come on so strong all of the sudden, but I left work early today in order to lay down and rest and hope that they stop. My midwife told me to drink more water, but I am already drinking over a gallon a day!

22. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: What's your due date? I think we are a day apart. I'm due April 9th. I'm jealous of your 9 days left of work. I'm working until this baby pops. I have a desk job so that part doesn't really bother me, but my commute is a pain.

23. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

@bpcmarj: I know what you mean by the perlvic pain when you turn from side to side!!

@mrsjazz: I have a desk job too but things like getting up to the copier or returning files to the attorneys bother me! haha. I also have a semi hard commute - its really hard to drive in traffic while getting internally beat up by my baby - haha!

24. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: Duh! I went back to the first page and realized we are due a day apart! That's what I get for being lazy.

I really only get up from my desk to go to the bathroom or get my food from the fridge

25. mrs. tictactoe

39 weeks on Monday!!! I can't believe I'm due in a little over a week! Now that I'm not allowed to work (I wanted to work until the end, but my fluid was low, so my doctor told me I had to stop), I feel like I'm just waiting waiting waiting! I really hope he comes early or on time because I'm not sure I can handle waiting more than that!

26. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: You're so close! Do you feel like time goes slower the closer you get? I know I feel like that, and I'm at 36 weeks! I'd go insane if I didn't at least have work to keep me somewhat distracted. Good luck!

27. mrs. tictactoe

@jennylynn: it's still going by fast for me, but I'm definitely ready to meet the little man!

28. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: do you have to stay off your feet (bed rest) or just stay home and not go into work? Do you spend a lot of time on your feet at work? I bet you just can't wait for your little man to get here already now that you're staying at home!!

29. mrs. tictactoe

@mediagirl: I'm supposed to take it easy, but not necessarily bed rest, so I try to just run one errand a day. I'm a teacher, so yes, I'm on my feet a lot at work!

30. skibobrown

pomegranate / 3388 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I'm 1 day behind you. 39 weeks on Tuesday!! Just got back from my weekly OB appt, and I was really hoping for some progress since last week. Unfortunately, not too much. I'm 60% effaced, 1 cm dilated, and baby's head is -1 station. (The only difference from last week is that I'm a little more effaced.) I'm so ready for baby to arrive now, but I guess I just need to work on my patience a little bit more.

31. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I'll be 38 wks on Monday, though I'm wishing it was 40!

I can't wait to start reading the April 2012 birth stories!

32. mrs. tictactoe

@skibobrown: I'm jealous! I'm not even dilated at all (as of Monday).

33. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

when did everyone have their first internal? I just had my 37 week visit, and I was expecting an exam, but nope! And no mention of one next time. Is that normal?

34. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

@jennylynn: I go to midwives, so they don't do internals unless I request it. You should mention something at your next appointment if you want one.

35. jennylynn

persimmon / 1134 posts

@mrsjazz: No no! I don't really want one, I just didn't know if was normal not to have had one.

36. eastportbride

coffee bean / 49 posts

Hi, everyone! Hope you are feeling well and getting prepared for your April babies! My little girl decided she preferred March, and was born last Monday. It was not exactly how we had planned (we were a HypnoBabies family, but required a c-section), but she is here and we are exhausted but so excited!

37. skibobrown

pomegranate / 3388 posts

Hi April mamas! How is everything going? Our baby almost came out in March, but in the end she hung in for April 1st. Her name is Alanna Sonia, and so far she is just wonderful. She is definitely an opinionated little lady though.

38. skibobrown

pomegranate / 3388 posts

@eastportbride: Congrats! Isn't it funny how births just don't go according to plan? We planned a drug-free labor, but in the end due to a 3-day long labor I ended up w/ every intervention in the book short of a c-section -- 2 morphine shots, pitocin, a dose of phentanol, and an epidural! Yet in the end I am very happy with the birth that we had.

39. regberadaisy

GOLD / wonderful pomegranate / 28905 posts

@skibobrown:
    Congrats and she is just adorable!

How is everyone doing? Can't wait to meet our little girl!

40. mrsjazz

coconut / 8234 posts

Today is my due date! No baby. Have had lots of Braxton Hicks but nothing real yet.

My MIL arrives tomorrow morning. Oh well.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee