Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2013 Mamas!

1. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Silva: Thanks for the suggestion. I've read a lot of birth stories, but not very many that discuss pitocin inductions. I think that's probably a really good idea. I will do that later this afternoon when I get home from my midwife appointment

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

That makes lots of sense re: anxiety. The nurse only popped in on me every 30 min-and they were all soooo nice. Maybe you will get a really great nurse that helps quell those feelings. And I would be surprised if your midwife leaves you high and dry-she'll hopefully still be around! Even if a dr is calling the shots from another room. Hang in there it's an adjustment, I totally get it.

3. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: @blackbird: I agree, your midwife will stick around! My sister was transferred to an OB but her midwife was with her the whole time. When I was looking at a c-section my mw was still going to be there. As she explained to me, the care of the baby would be transferred to her right away so she had to be!

4. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

Back from the midwife. Baby is much more engaged than he/she was previously. Only 1 cm dilated and 20% effaced, but with quite a soft cervix, which my midwife seemed to think was very positive. Got as much of a stretch and sweep as she could do with minimal dilation....that sh*t does not tickle! Feeling crampy now. Oh, and I bled which apparently is a good thing, as it means things are happening with my cervix...or something?

I'm feeling a lot better after talking to my midwife. She would remain with me through any induction even if pitocin were invovled. Only in the case of pitocin would a transfer of care be necessitated, but she would still be there as my labour support. PHEW! I kind of love her and want to give her a big hug.

Next steps, other than just waiting at this point, are the BPP on Friday. If that goes okay and I don't need to be induced right away, then she will come to my house and do another stretch and sweep on Saturday.

In the meantime, I bought a manual breast pump and am about to attempt that........

Pregnancy is SO glamourous!

@blackbird: @sslm: Thank you both for the reassurances. They made me feel so much better.

I also ran into a good friend at the grocery store a short while ago and she told me she ended up needing pitocin with her son (her water broke, but contractions didn't start) and that it was fine. So, I feel like I'm getting a lot of positive messages today

5. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Just a little check in from me...baby girl is 9 days old. She's doing great! Eating 4oz every 4oz and only getting up once a night!! She gained 1oz and grew 1/2 inch in a week.
    I am also doing really well as far as weight and stuff. I only gained 12lbs the whole pregnancy and at 9 days PP I'm down 21lbs. All of my pre-pregnancy jeans are too big which is fantastic and annoying at the same time cause now I need new clothes lol
    My BP is still kinda out of whack and we are working to get that under control. But, all in all we are well.
    Only thing we are working on now is getting my milk to dry up since I can't breastfeed so my boobs will stop hurting lol
    Since I didn't have any tearing or stitches I'm beyond ready for some sexy time with DH so this full healing needs to hurry up lol

6. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@hergreenapples: I'm so glad things are seeming more positive! Hope something happens soon

@Pumpkinspice: sounds like a speedy recovery! and what a great sleeper!

7. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: I'm so glad you're feeling more positive! I have the manual pump but I am a little scared to try it... did you talk to your midwife about it? What did she say?

8. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Pumpkinspice: Glad to hear things are going well! Hope you get your BP under control soon. And congrats on the weight loss!

9. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@Pumpkinspice: Wow! Sounds like your recovery is going amazingly well.

Georgia is 19 days old now... and I'm still not even at my original due date yet. CRAZY. I'm still huge and sore from the delivery, even nearly three weeks on, and baby girl is all blocked up and snuffly and isn't sleeping well, so we're all exhausted around here!

10. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Pumpkinspice: Wow, glad to hear you and baby are doing so well! That is really awesome

@sslm: My midwife was the one who recommended it. She said using it as few as three times per day for 20 minutes each time could be enough to release sufficient amounts of oxytocin to jump start contractions. So far it hasn't done anything for me, but I'll keep trying

@jaguar: Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep in the Jaguar household. I hope you all start to feel better soon!

11. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

welp, I thought maybe something was happening yesterday. I had lots of strange sensations in my uterus and belly all day, including two really intense BH (I assume not contractions because they were just uncomfortable?) about 20 minutes apart while I was in a meeting. Nope.
    Still kind of crampy this morning, but sometimes its hard to tell if its crampy-ness or just pelvic pain/pressure from baby's head being so low.

off to work to bounce on my ball all day, and then yoga tonight. hopefully its my last prenatal yoga class!

@jaguar: sorry you are all so tired & that baby is stuffy. hope you get some rest soon

12. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

I'm an uncontrollable Type A. I can't help myself. Going for induction acupuncture this morning.

13. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@hergreenapples: Good luck! My plan is to try that if I make it to 41 weeks, so let us know how it goes.

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@hergreenapples: @sslm: saw this and thought of you guys. I don't know what your plans are re: pain management in labor, but a lot of the comments have helpful stories about induction.

http://offbeatfamilies.com/2013/04/inducing-without-epidural

15. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Pumpkinspice: am so jealous of your weightloss!

Here are some pics from H's newborn shoot. She slept for about 45 mins and then refused to play ball. haha

16. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@AprilFool: Eeek! H is so cute! Congrats!

17. blackbird

OMG THAT TUTU. I DIE. I want a tutu. Harumph. Adorable.

I've been taking E's photos, so I'll share, too, while we're at it

18. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@blackbird: Oh ella's little cheeks are just adorable! Just want to squeeze them haha

The tutu is from http://www.etsy.com/shop/ASweetSweetBoutique?ref=seller_info and is amazeballs!

19. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@AprilFool: OMG!!! Beautiful!!

@blackbird: OMG!! Again seriously Beautiful!

20. blackbird

Oh thanks!!! I'll keep an eye out for when they're in stock again.

21. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Ahhh ladies - these pics are beautiful. There is nothing sweeter than fresh little bubs xxxx

Georgia is still sick, headed to doctors today, poor love. Hopefully it's just a stuffy nose and she's not got a bug.

22. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@jaguar: hope it's nothing too serious.

23. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@jaguar: I hope it's nothing!!

I'm up, again. 3:30am. Lovely.

24. blackbird

Aw I hope Georgia feels better soon

25. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@AprilFool: @blackbird: Those are some seriously cute babies!

26. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@blackbird: Oh. My. Goodness. So much cute!

@AprilFool: H is adorable! Great photos

@Jaguar: Hope Georgia feels better soon. Poor bunny

@sslm: Ugh, hope you were able to get back to sleep.

27. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

SO I woke up to a contraction at midnight, and then had another one 10 minutes later. I was really excited, but knew I needed to try to sleep. I got up for about 30 minutes & nothing else happened. Fell back asleep. Still pregnant. Nothing else going on now.

Every morning when I wake up I feel my belly and remember I'm still pregnant and am shockingly disappointed! Ha!

28. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Silva: I hear you. I had a lot of cramping and sharp cervical pains last night, as well as spotting. I really thought it was the start of something. But..apparently not!

Oh well, sounds like both our bodies are doing something!

29. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Silva: @hergreenapples: boo!! I had some similar stuff last night but nothing...

Just back from my BPP. Baby scored an 8/8! She's very happy in there. The u/s tech doesn't seem to think she'll come on her own, my cervix is still really long and baby hasn't really descended yet. That was a huge bummer to hear. We are now planning on her definitely being induced and I'm kind of mourning the loss of the birth experience I've been imagining this whole time.

30. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: Yay for 8/8! I hope we get the same results at our BPP later today.

Sorry to hear that it sounds like definite induction. I may very well get the same news later today. I've decided to jut surrender to the experience at this point

31. nycbee

olive / 69 posts

Ladies - just popping in quick to give an update. Juliette was born on Fri Apr 12, a couple weeks early! 5lbs 9oz. I will post a pic when I have a min.

This is literally the FIRST time I've had an ounce of energy to get on my laptop to check out hellobee - not sure how you other ladies are scheduling baby shoots and whatnot. Talk about supermoms!

I ended up having a spinal headache which was a nightmare in & of itself but also made it impossible to breastfeed. I got a blood patch to fix on Sunday (after delivering Fri), which helped but the daamned thing came back on Mon night, so ended up going to the ER to get a 2nd blood patch on Wed. I think it worked (fingers crossed) although I now have a bad backache, but it was worth it to fix the spinal headache.

Breastfeeding has been really rough & stressful so far, but things are starting to look up a little. Juliette was on formula & a bottle b/c of my headache & the fact that she was underweight. The hospital pediatrician was very stern about us supplementing the colostrum with formula & scared us about it. We had a lactation consultant come by yesterday & have been practicing.

To @silva, hergreenapples and sslm - I can only imagine how frustrating your wait is, but hopefully having your baby more "baked" when they come out will help you! Juliette has been having troubles with breastfeeding b/c she's so small and my nipples are big (who knew??). I hope you're spared some of those types of dramas at least.

Will write more later but glad to be on this journey with you ladies.

32. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@nycbee: Congrats!!!!!!! I love the name Juliette!

33. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@nycbee: congrats!!! Love the name so sorry you're having some troubles breastfeeding, I hope they are resolved soon!! And the spinal headache sounds like a complete nightmare, sorry to hear about that too can't wait to hear more about your little girl though!!!

34. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: in the end a healthy baby is what matters, right?

35. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@nycbee: Congratulations! What a beautiful name! I hope you're able to overcome your BFing difficulties soon - that must be really tough.

@sslm: Exactly. I trust my body and my baby and I need to just let go of trying to control the situation.

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

April babies already here:
    Mrs Blue: Finn & Elliott, born March 11
    Jaguar: Georgia Elizabeth, born March 30
    Sylvie_B: Thelonius, born March 31
    Blackbird: Ella, born April 5
    BPAIG: Baby boy, born April 6
    Pumpkin Spice: Anna, born April 8
    April Fool: Harriet, born April 9
    nycbee: Juliet, born April 12
    Cheer16: Bradley, born April 14

Waiting to meet...
    SSLM - E.D.D. April 9, girl
    HerGreenApples - E.D.D. April 9, team Green
    Silva - E.D.D. April 20, team Green
    Autumnlove - Scheduled c-section 4/29 (EDD 5/2), girl

37. blackbird

Juliette is a beautiful name! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

And to echo what nycbee said (and some of my mama friends)-babies who post bake may be less demanding! The consensus is that a few weeks makes a big difference! Ella sleeps really well and I get probably 8 hours of sleep a night (between 9 and 9 anyways) with two wake ups to eat (like clockwork). Maybe your extra baked babies will be mellow and less stressful, too?

I posted on the march thread about this but I really don't think we are gonna be able to breastfeed. I keep trying but girl won't take it. She gets hysterical and I feel like I am suffocating her. Bottle feeding is pretty nice, though-she eats 60ml every 3-4 hours and DH has been helping a ton. We do formula at night and I pump so she gets that during the day-plus I have a small freezer stash going. I think her being in the nursery for a week and having trouble breathing/eating (and therefore not BFing) may mean we missed the window. She sleeps so well and on a schedule that I don't want to mess it up, though. Anyways, such is life and I'm just trying to be flexible

Your experience may be different than what you guys intended and expected, but it will still be a lovely birth experience, no matter what

38. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: can't wait to hear how your bpp went!!

39. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: Just got back. Passed both the NST and BPP with flying colours. The OB did the BPP and she literally took less than two minutes and said, "You pass. Get out of here!"

So glad to have bought a few more days Just going to call my midwife and set up a time for her to come by tomorrow and do another S+S.

40. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: Good! Glad it went well. We have superstar babies in there, they're just stubborn I guess!

I'm supposed to see the midwife tomorrow for a sweep. I ate a bunch of pineapple today and have been guzzling RRL tea. We walked for a long time today too. I haven't lost hope that it'll happen on its own!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee