Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2013 Mamas!

1. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Pumpkinspice: you look great! I don't have a scale at home, so I'm hoping I won't be too discouraged when I get weighed at my 2 week postpartum.

@hergreenapples: I'm glad your recovery is going well. I sw a lactation consultant in the hospital too... So glad I did! I was really anxious about breastfeeding being a challenge, but so far we are doing well.

Thea seems to have picked up on night/ day, which is great. She has awake moments and cluster feeds more during the day now. At night she eats every 2 hours, but I figured out how to nurse lying down, and last night I barely remember her 4 am and 6 am feelings because I just put her on and we both passed out!

2. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Also, we took her in a walk in the car seat/ stroller yesterday, and in the k'tan wrap today. This week we are planning to adventure to the kids consignment shop for her first girly outfit!

3. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

How's everyone doing??

4. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

Man, we are so quiet on this thread!!!! I have been a bit overwhelmed, so haven't had much energy to post on here, even though I'm sure the support would be so helpful.

Madeline was 2 weeks old, yesterday. She's a great sleeper so far, last night we got a 5 hour stretch! She had passed her birth weight at our 1 week appointment, so my midwife said we could let her sleep 5-6 hours without feeding at night. That is super exciting, but it's also awesome that she sleeps that long, we are very lucky.

Breastfeeding has been a little challenging just because I've had some engorgement issues and I had really sore cracked nipples up until a couple of days ago. Things are getting better now, but her latch is pretty lazy now, so tomorrow I am going to a bf'ing drop in just for some peace of mind.

We had newborn photos taken, and we're in love with our photographer, she did such an amazing job! Here's a sneak peak

5. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Silva: What's the k'tan like? We are having serious issues getting the moby figured out!!!!

6. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: I really like the k'tan....DD likes it too. It's really easy to use, but so far I've only use the cradle hold. I figured it out thanks to youtube videos.

Things here are overwhelming as well. BFing (as you saw in my other thread) is so difficult, even though we have a good latch. Sore, cracked nipples and a very sleepy eater make for long, painful nursing sessions. I have a midwife appointment today and am hoping she'll be back up to birth weight (she lost 10% by the time we were discharged from hospital, but I think her birth weight was inflated thanks to the massive quantity of fluids I received during labour and my c-section). Kate is ridiculously adorable though and she makes it all worthwhile. DH and I love her to death.

We got newborn photos taken last week, but we kind of failed at them. Kate was way too alert, even after marathon nursing, and wouldn't stop squirming. The photographer felt bad about how few shots she was able to get, so she's also going to do a six-month shoot for us. I'm sure the photos she did get will be adorable though, I can't wait to see them.

Obligatory cute photos :

7. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: look at all that hair!!! Beautiful

8. blackbird

Ah so cute and pudgy!! I hope BFing gets better for you ladies!

9. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

So nice to her from you guys!

@sslm: what a great sleeper! Thea is still up every two or three hours, but I don't mind too much. We just go to bed early and get up late. Not getting much else done, but that's okay for now!
    Sometimes I get the occasional 4 hour stretch. We are co-sleeping, and I nurse her lying down. Sometimes she wiggles over and I swear she latches and nurses without waking me up (or I barely wake up)
    I like the k'tan a lot, and its easy to use. We haven't been using it a ton because my husband is usually the baby wearer to give me a break, and he prefers our boba

@hergreenapples: I'm really sorry to hear how hard breastfeeding has been for you. It seemed like there was lots of good advice on the other thread so I hope things get easier for you. I'm such a newb that I have no advice, but I do spend a ton of time on Kelly mom trying to figure out what's normal!

10. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

Just made this collage! I'm trying to eat super healthy for M's sake, and it seems to be working already

11. sylvie_b

apricot / 458 posts

How are all our mamas doing this week??

The hubs's paternity leave ends this week (he took 6 weeks) and we've been giving them as much bonding time as possible. He's been bottle feeding him (breastmilk) 2-3x a day and watching him while I catch up on rest/sleep. I was even able to leave the house for my best friend's baby shower on Saturday. My post partum ob checkup is on wed. I've been pumping for a week now, 2x a day, 15 minutes/session. It's such a weird experience that I'm still getting used to. And now our kitchen has exploded with bottle & pump paraphanlia!

Here's our little guy this week.....he had his 1 mo checkup and we took his 1 month pic (80 iphone shots later). He turned 5wks yesterday and is in the middle of his first big growth spurt/wonder week (super alert, metabolism development more aware of his surroundings = overwhelmed, ravenous, clingy baby) but I'm so crazy in love with him, it's insane.

@Pumpkinspice & @sslm: you look fantastic!!! Wow!!
    @sslm: beautiful photos, my dear!
    @hergreenapples: ahhhhhh, she's so precious. And perfect.

12. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@sylvie_b: so cute! When do you pump? I want to start in a couple weeks (my husband is desperate to feed her!) but have no idea how to work it into the day when she eats so often

13. sylvie_b

apricot / 458 posts

@Silva: I pump 1 hour after T's first morning feed & during the day, usually during the one of the times DH is bottle feeding T. I tool the LC's advice and waited 4 wks before I started pumping to avoid oversupply and nipple confusion.

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@sylvie_b: thanks! Yeah, I'm planning to wait until 4 weeks too, but I feel bad for my husband...he really wants to be able to feed her, and I can tell its hard for him when the boob is all she wants.

My left breast seems to produce way less milk than my right. When she is really hungry she gets upset by it. I can't tell if its just slow let down or less milk in general. I never leak on that side... I'm going to ask my doc about it today at my two week post partum visit.

Being trapped under a sleeping/nursing baby is bad for my bank account! I ordered some belly hiding/nursing friendly clothes last week, and today I've already registered for a summer baby yoga class & hit up the polarn o pyret sale...oops!

I think Thea will be good at baby yoga... Look at the position she passed out in last night after eating for 5 hours straight:

15. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Silva: That is sooooo cute!!! What an awesome baby

I had a rough day today, M is spending so much more time awake now, which is so exhausting. How do you guys entertain your newborn? All I can do to keep her happy is walking around and bouncing her. It gets a little tiring when I really need a nap!!

16. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@sylvie_b: Cuuute! Look at all that hair!! You look great by the way

17. blackbird

Mine just likes to sit in her boppy and munch on her wubbanub and stare at me or off into space. She's lazy

18. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@sslm: we try to do naked tummy time (to help air out her by which has been a little irritated from all that pooping!), and wear her while we do chores. We go for a walk each day, which helps break things up. Today I looked at catalogs with her on m lap, and described my favorite clothes! We just try to talk as much as possible.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee