Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2013 Mamas!

1. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: Oops...just talked to my midwife and apparently the OB was supposed to consult with me a on my induction options and they were supposed to set up another bpp for Monday....they did neither. I guess that's what happens when your appointment's at 4:30 on a Friday?

2. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Anna wanted to stop in and say hi!!

3. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I've been having mild contractions all afternoon/ evening, and just lost my mucus plug, which was tinged brown/ pink!

4. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

She's so cute!!!

Yay Silva! Come on out, baby!

5. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Silva: Sounds like progress!!!

6. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Silva: Sounds promising! I've been losing my MP in pieces for the last couple days.

My midwife called this morning and had to cancel our appointment for later today because another one of her patients is in labour. I totally and completely understand, but can't help being really disappointed. I was hoping another s+s might get things started. She's going to try to come tomorrow. *sigh *

7. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: oh boo I would be disappointed too!!! That's frustrating.

I still haven't heard from the midwife. She's supposed to call to set something up for today. I expected to hear from her already so I'm feeling pretty annoyed. Nothing else to report on my end...

8. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: I hope she calls soon!

9. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

Just back from the midwife. She thinks I'm 2-3 cm!!!! I was so happy for progress she did FOUR sweeps and it was the most uncomfortable I've been in my entire life, lol. She's optimistic that something might start before Monday so here's hoping!!! My parents are almost here, and we are planning to go out for supper. That should be a good distraction!!

10. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: YAY! That is awesome news!

My mum is here and we're going out for dinner too...mmmmm...The Keg!

11. blackbird

Yay yay yay progress!!!! 2-3cm is good!!!

12. nycbee

olive / 69 posts

@silva - sounds exciting!! fingers crossed!

@sslm - even the cervix exams were painful so i'm sure the sweep was really unpleasant! fingers crossed for you, too!!

@hergreenapples - so disappointed for the postponement. hope you can get an appointment soon!

@blackbird - i need some of your even-keelness. the whole birth process threw me for loop when things didn't turn out how i expected (spinal headache, breastfeeding troubles). when i talked with a friend, she pointed out that having a child is going to be about life not going how you planned. i think i need to embrace that there is no "right" way to do things and go with the flow.

posting pics of the little peanut, including her first shampoo!

13. blackbird

Ah she's so adorable!

I definitely had my moment of "ugh shit is not going according to plan"....and I'm very type a....but babies march to the beat of their own drum and I know if I don't get with the program, I'm setting myself up for a lifetime of guilt and unnecessary stress when things don't go accordingly. I don't deserve that and neither does E. Repeat with me, lol. I keep reminding myself

14. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@nycbee: Beautiful girl!!!
    @Pumpkinspice: Absolutely precious. xx

15. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

My midwife was able to come over late this afternoon. Tried to do another stretch and sweep but my cervix is so high and posterior that she couldn't accomplish a lot. Still only 1cm and I'm now 30% effaced She said the bottom of my cervix is soft and somewhat open, but the upper part is still hard and very much closed.

The plan at the moment, barring anything happening in the next 24 hours, is that I'll go into OB triage to have a Foley catheter placed tomorrow evening. They'll leave it in overnight and send me home and then I'll come in on Tuesday morning (I'll be 42 weeks on Tuesday) to start induction.

As much as I've had time to prepare for this and as much as I've known all along that these things can't be controlled I'm still really disappointed. I had a good cry a little while ago, but DH and I agree that this is the right route to take and that all that matters is a healthy baby.

It's frustrating to have spent 42 weeks preparing my mind and body for an unmedicated birth with as few interventions as possible and to see it potentially go out the window...but....welcome to the unpredictability of motherhood, right?

16. shinystraps

apricot / 348 posts

@hergreenapples: So sorry Hoping that you see some activity in the next 24 hours! And if not, hoping that you feel peace and have a safe delivery as you head into your induction.

17. autumnlove

@nycbee: Gorgeous baby!!!

@hergreenapples: good luck!

18. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@hergreenapples: I'm sorry to hear your sweep didn't go super well. Have you had any cramps since? Just keep walking and sitting on the exercise ball. Going into labor totally shocked me, so I'm hoping the same thing happens to you! Good luck!!! Thinking about you

19. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

You've probably all seen my other thread, but I thought I'd post for my April mamas too

Madeline Rose arrived this morning after 11 hours of intense labor! 8 lbs 11 oz, 21 inches long, 12 days overdue. I'll have to work on my birth but the short version is my water broke and contractions came on strong and fast, I tried morphine at the recommendation of my midwife bc I was so exhausted. It did nothing. During transition I tried nitrous oxide which helped a bit. I managed to make it without an epidural! Pushed for about an hour and she arrived!!!!

20. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@sslm: ahhhh!!!!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear more details!!!!!! Congrats!!!

21. blackbird

@hergreenapples-you'll do great!

22. autumnlove

@sslm: So excited for you! Congrats again!

23. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Theodora was born early his morning! I was in labor for about 55 hours and am totally exhausted but she is perfect. 7 lbs 3 oz. more later

24. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@sslm: I'll congratulate you over here too. Yay!!!

@bpaig: @autumnlove: @blackbird: Thank you

@Silva: 55 hours?! You are a rockstar! Great job and congratulations!

Had a tough night with a lot of tears, but feeling a little better this morning. My plan for today is to go for another acupuncture treatment to get my body in a good place for induction, and to go for another long walk. Other than that, just waiting to hear from my midwife as to when I can go in for the Foley catheter placement.

25. autumnlove

@Silva: Congrats! Sorry it took so long but I'm sure you are over the moon. Cute name!

26. autumnlove

April babies already here:

Mrs Blue: Finn & Elliott, born March 11
    Jaguar: Georgia Elizabeth, born March 30
    Sylvie_B: Thelonius, born March 31
    Blackbird: Ella, born April 5
    BPAIG: Baby boy, born April 6
    Pumpkin Spice: Anna, born April 8
    April Fool: Harriet, born April 9
    nycbee: Juliet, born April 12
    Cheer16: Bradley, born April 14
    SSLM: Madeline, born April 21
    Silva: Theodora, born April 22

Waiting to meet...

HerGreenApples - E.D.D. April 9, team Green
    Autumnlove - Scheduled c-section 4/25! (EDD 5/2), girl

27. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@Silva: Congrats!! Sorry you had to labor so long but so glad all is well!

28. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@autumnlove: Eek...it's just you and me left for the April mamas!

29. autumnlove

@hergreenapples: Eeek! My OB's office just called and told me they are moving my C-section to Thursday because another patient gave birth before her scheduled surgery. They didn't let me keep my appointment for the 29th....

I am nervous!!!!

30. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@autumnlove: Oh wow! Sounds like all the April babies will be born before the end of the week!

31. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Silva: congrats!!!!!!!!

32. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@sslm: & @Silva: Congratulations, ladies! x

33. autumnlove

April babies already here:
    Mrs Blue: Finn & Elliott, born March 11
    Jaguar: Georgia Elizabeth, born March 30
    Sylvie_B: Thelonius, born March 31
    Blackbird: Ella, born April 5
    BPAIG: Baby boy, born April 6
    Pumpkin Spice: Anna, born April 8
    April Fool: Harriet, born April 9
    nycbee: Juliet, born April 12
    Cheer16: Bradley, born April 14
    SSLM: Madeline, born April 21
    Silva: Theodora, born April 22
    HerGreenApples: Katharine, born April 24

Waiting to meet...

Autumnlove - Scheduled c-section 4/25 (EDD 5/2), girl

34. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@autumnlove: wohoo!! One more April baby to come!!! Can't wait to see an update from you. Good luck tomorrow

35. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@autumnlove: So excited for you! xxx

36. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

How is everyone doing?

Breastfeeding is going well so far. My milk came in yesterday, which is great because Thea was slightly jaundiced. She had her first drs appointment this morning and it was really nice to get out of the house.
    I'm healing well. No real problem with swelling, and I only had two stitches for a very minor tear. The after pains have actually been hurting a lot. I'm antsy to go for walks because it is finally spring here, but going to wait to avoid over doing it.

Thea is pretty nocturnal. She seems to cluster feed from about 2am until 6 am and then sleeps more during the day. She took a 3 hour nap today! I was only able to sleep for an hour of it, but it was nice. We are about to take a family nap now.

My husband has been incredible. He keeps the whole apartment clean, waits on me when I'm stuck feeding, and is totally in love with Thea. He manages most diapers, and usually takes her for at least one of her early morning naps so that I can get some uninterrupted sleep. I'm so grateful for him.

So tell me about all these other sweet April babies!

37. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Hey all! Baby girl will be 3wks old on Monday which just seems unreal. She is still doing really well. Gives us a bit of trouble occasionally with her feedings but we are working through it. Here's an updated picture of baby and my three week weight loss progression. I'm down 35lbs now and pretty excited about it.
    I hope you all are doing really well! Having a new little one makes it harder to check in as often as id like but still check in when I can!

38. blackbird

Aw so cute!!

Yay 35 lbs! I'm down about 30 right now. I'm hoping another 20 fall off and I can work the last bit off. I'm antsy to get back to the gym

39. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@blackbird: congrats on losing the 30! That is great!

40. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

Haven't been online at all really since Kate arrived on 4/24 and just realized that I never posted in this thread about her arrival!

Katharine Eleanor came into the world at 5:21 a.m. on 4/24 by c-section. She weighed 8 lbs 4 oz and was 21.25" long.

Despite our hopes for a labour as free of interventions as possible, we basically ended up with all the interventions ever invented! Thankfully, we find this more humourous than anything...it just goes to show how little you can actually plan for these things! The main this is that we had great caregivers and we truly tried everything possible to (a) get the baby out spontaneously before turning to induction, and (b) resorting to c-section. In the end, it was the right decision and all that matters is that we have a happy, healthy, beautiful baby girl.

Kate is doing awesome. She is an adorable little peanut and we're doing well so far with nursing. I saw an LC in the hospital which helped tremendously and have since had help from my midwife - completely invaluable and worth its weight in gold. Sleeping is still a little tricky, but we're working on it and learning a lot every single day.

My recovery is going surprisingly well. I have little to no pain and my incision is healing as it should. I can't do much in the way of anything for six weeks (no driving, lifting, cleaning etc.) but....it definitely could be worse!

Hope all the other April mamas and babies are doing well!

Here's our beautiful little girl:

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee