Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@luckypenny: oh my gosh! Poor mama! Does that happen a lot? And happy birthday to E! How was the land of nod bus?! I keep seeing the pictures on Instagram, looks like so much fun! Arizona never gets anything cool like that!

@jhd: @preggomeggo82: hope you ladies are hanging in there and getting some rest!

So we had our appointment last week and C does for sure have MCADD. luckily they found it right away, so treatment is really basic and it didn't negatively affect him but the bummer is that treatment for it is having him eat every 2-3 hours, 24 hours a day. With the whole diaper change and nursing process, I pretty much sleep in 2 hour increments, but last night I was only getting an hour at a time because he was not interested in sleeping at all! I'm exhausted.

2. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@jill_a55: trying to rest! I'm sorry to hear about the mcadd but glad they caught it & treatment is relatively simple...but still you must be exhausted!!! I hope baby boy decides he wants to sleep better for you tonight!!

3. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: I'm glad that the in-law visit went well. Is your appointment today? How are you feeling?

@preggomeggo82: any word from the sweep?

@luckypenny: oh E! That looks like how my dog sleeps, lol. I'm sure it's not comfy, though.

@jill_a55: I'm sorry for the not good news. I'm not sure what MCADD is, but waking every two hours sounds exhausting.

We had quite the night and day yesterday-little one didn't want to eat or sleep, just scream and be held. Yesterday was a nuts day, because she was crazy overtired, but last evening was better. DH turns 30 today, so I spent the night running around getting his birthday things together. And we finally made up for all of that not sleeping with a solid 5 hour stretch last night! Glorious. Today will be interesting because we are taking her to meet her aunts and great grandmas. Or rather, that will be a fun by-product, but my mom offered to do our laundry and let us sleep. So we're headed to my parents today, and I cannot wait.

Any fun weekend plans for you all?

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: I hope you have a fabulous time with your family & celebrating your DH's birthday!!! I'm doing ok. Rather uncomfortable but contractions are so irregular my OB didn't even bother with a cervical check. I will be induced on Tues if baby doesn't decide to show up before then.

5. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: Tuesday is so soon!!! Baby boy in T-minus 4 days and counting So does LO have a name yet, or should we stay tuned?

6. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: we have a tentative name but want to meet him to be sure it fits.

7. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

@LovelyPlum: Unfortunately I don't think the sweep worked for me. I will have another at my appt Monday and be induced on Wednesday if nothing happens before then. It's not my ideal birth scenario, but there are worse things than knowing exactly when you're going to go to the hospital, right?

@jhd: Baby day is SOOOOON! So close, so far away!

My mom is coming into town tomorrow for a grandparent class at the hospital. She would love nothing more than for something to happen in the next 24 hours, but none of us are getting our hopes up.

8. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@jhd: thanks! He decided sleeping was a great idea last night, which I am SO happy about!

@LovelyPlum: MCADD is a really rare disorder where the body can't switch from burning sugars to burning fat for energy. So basically once the sugars are burned up, your body is being starved. It can lead to all kinds of scary issues if it goes untreated

9. jill_a55

apricot / 448 posts

@jhd: @preggomeggo82: Tuesday and Wednesday are right around the corner! The end is near ladies!! Hopefully they will decide to come on their own before then!!

C just had the most epic poop explosion. like.... It was everywhere in a matter of seconds!! I don't know how such a little guy can produce so much grossness!!!

10. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@preggomeggo82: my second sweep sent me into labor I started have contractions like 12 hours later so good luck mama

11. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

I had such a rough week last week. That stomach bug I thought I had then thought was food poisoning wasn't going away. In fact, it got way worse. So Monday night DH took me to the ER. They did an ultrasound and found a gall stone in my pancreas and a very angry and irritated pancreas. Sooo much pain! They put me on narcotics, which made me have to pump and dump for M and he got on formula right away. The stone passed on its own the next day but the pancreas was still inflamed. After a few days of that, my supply was almost nothing. So, Thursday I told the staff that I was feeling way better and I need to just take motrin to save my milk supply. They said my labs were looking good. Friday I was finally sent home.

I'm feeling better but I still have a lot of bloating and discomfort. I call the surgeon on Monday to get my gall bladder out since there are more stones swimming around in there. I have to get it out in 2-4 weeks.

I'm just ready to feel like myself again!

12. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

Oh, and since being home, it took some work and a bit of supplementing, but my milk is back up to par. We marathon nursed yesterday to give my body the memo and today it's working like it should. Hopefully no more formula!

13. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Dandelion: I'm sorry you have had such a rough time!!! I hope they can get the gall bladder surgery done ASAP so you can really start feeling better. But that's great news about your milk supply! Hang in there!!

14. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

Baby boy is still just hanging out. Contractions are getting more uncomfortable but still no pattern. We took a long walk yesterday and made a quick run to the grocery store. We have basically eaten all my freezer meals that I made a few weeks ago and I have no energy left to do more. Guess it will be pbj and cereal or takeout for a few days after baby comes until food starts sounding good again!

15. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

Water broke about four hours ago. Contractions are 3-4 min apart. Was only dilated 1cm when I got to the hospital so they're just waiting to see what happens!!

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: good luck, Mama!!

17. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@jhd: yay, congrats and best wishes! Can't wait to hear about baby jhd!

18. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: @gilmoregirl: thank you ladies

Making good progress! Excited to meet little man today!!

19. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@Dandelion: what an ordeal! So sorry you had to go through all of that!

@jhd: I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to meet him!

Sorry I've been MIA. We had DD's 2nd bday yesterday and all our families came into town Thursday. It's been overwhelming having to juggle that many visitors at once. E was super overwhelmed and so was I. She had major meltdowns her entire party and today like I've never seen before. L is up eating every 2 hours (so much for formula making them sleep better!) and I'm just plain exhausted. DH went back to work today and I've been fighting with my mom so I think she may leave early. I'm trying to find joy in this stage but it's pretty tough right now. I think I'll go try and cheer up by eating some of the leftover donuts from E's party.

20. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

I posted a gold thread with more details, but baby boy arrived last night. He's in the nicu and I'm trying to get strong enough to go up to see him.

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: so, so happy for you! I hope you've gotten to see him by now and that you are both recovering well

22. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Dandelion: that sounds horrible. How are you feeling now?

@luckypenny: oh honey MIL is here, so have to run, but sending hugs

23. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Dandelion: So sorry to hear, that sounds rough. Wishing you a quick recovery from surgery and hope the pancreas is back to normal soon. So awesome you were able to save your supply - definitely not easy with everything going on. Awesome job!!

@luckypenny: I hear you on having a rough week. *HUGS*. Hope everything gets better soon. Hang in there momma you're doing so awesome.

@jhd: I posted on the other thread but congrats again!! Hope you are able to spend more time with Toby soon.

24. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

How is everyone holding up these days? I can't believe it is the last day of April already!! Anyone left still waiting on babies?

We are hanging in here. We went to my parents' house this weekend so they could help out a bit and so my sisters and grandmas could meet her. Seeing their reactions was so, so cute. My one grandma cried, which made my dad cry. So sweet! And they all kept commenting on how tiny she was. The great news is that now my laundry is done and my dog os tired from chasing deer in their backyard. I also did get to sleep a bit more, which is also really nice. MIL is here right now, so hopefully between the two of us, we can get this house back in order!

@jhd: how are you holding up, Mama?

25. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@SupernovaJ: @LovelyPlum: thank you ladies

@luckypenny: hang in there, mama! you are doing so great! I hope today is a better day!

We did get to see T this evening. His nurse was amazing and took all kinds of time to explain all the wires and every last detail she could think of that we might need to know or have questions about. We went back quickly before bed to tell him goodnight. He had to wear little earmuffs today to help him stay calm...they didn't want him to have too much noise. So I'm hoping he could still hear his mama's voice. And I can't wait to see those little ears for the first time!

26. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: I'm so glad you were able to go to see your family this weekend! And that your mil is there to help you now. You just let everyone help you. & baby steps...your house will be back in order soon!

27. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Hey all…. I've been MIA for a while, but I've been trying to keep up with with the thread during feedings, but its hard to post one handed. (What did people do during nursing bf smartphones? Perfect one handed entertainment!)

Congrats to all the new mamas

J is about 5 and a half weeks (!!!) and we are in the middle of what must be the 6 week growth spurt. We had just gotten a little bit of a rhythm with nursing with the occasional supplement ( I have a hungry little guy that I can't quiiite keep up with yet) and some good 3+ hour naps and decent night sleeps, and then back to eating every 2-3 hours. I was so sore! I had to have DH give him a bottle of bmilk and just pump once or twice just for a little "break."

But after raging from 9-11 he had an awesome sleep last night and didn't wake up until 6:30!! Glorious. I actually had to get up and pump to relieve myself without waking him up. (Naturally he woke up right when I finished) Gave him what I just pumped and put him back down for a few hours. I don't dare say we're over it though… seems like every time I think we turn a corner, he's like, ohhh no you don't! No getting comfortable!

@jhd: thinking about you and your little guy. Speedy recovery!

Wishing for good feedings and long-ish sleep stretches for everyone!!

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

hope all you ladies are doing well. baby T is getting stronger every day and the nurse says she's never seen such a feisty baby. he's fighting with all he's got. i'm pumping and hoping some milk comes soon. fx for our first skin to skin soon.

29. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: feisty is excellent. Trouble later, but excellent now I really hope that you get to hold him soon. You're doing so, so well!

@HazelEyes: hi lovely! How is your little guy so big already?! I am glad that things are going well. I'm pumping, too, just because I had to in the hospital, and sometimes my nipples get so sore from being latched 24/7. I've got to say, though, pumping is MUCH more difficult to learn how to do than I thought it would be. It took me a long time to be able to get the milk to flow consistently, and I still can't do both sides at once. I'm actually having more luck with my hand pump than my double electric. It is satisfying to see how much I'm producing, though!

So remember how I said that MIL and I were going to clean up this house? Ha. It turns out that there were other plans in store for us this week. There was a fire in our building two days ago, and we all had to be evacuated. Since it was right down the hall from us, we actually had to stay in a hotel for a night. Now we're re-cleaning and trying to get the smoke smell to dissipate. The good news is that we are all safe and that the apartment was not damaged. But let me tell you, this is not all that great with a teeny tiny newborn. MIL just left this morning, so baby and I are going to spend the day in bed chilling...and by in bed, I mean we dragged our mattress into the dining room where it didn't smell, so we're spending the day on our mattress in the dining room. I'm going to have stories to tell this girl when she's older!

30. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: oh my goodness. You poor thing! So glad mil was there to help you through that. Life certainly is full of crazy unexpected adventures, isn't it?

31. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

T is off the ventilator. On my way to visit my sweet boy!

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: YAY!!! Enjoy some sweet baby snuggles And yes, yes it is. Life has certainly gotten interesting after these kids came into the world, hasn't it?

33. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: oh my it really has. Never know what to expect! I hope you can get some good rest and that the cleaning goes smoothly

34. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@HazelEyes: oh my gosh time is flying! How has it already been 6 weeks?! L turns 4 weeks on Monday!

@LovelyPlum: a fire?!?! Crazy! I'm glad you all and your apartment are okay!

@jhd: what great news!!! Does this mean you get to hold him?!

35. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@luckypenny: I didn't get to hold him today but I'm going to ask about it tonight & see if we can tonight or tomorrow. he was sleeping so peacefully. Only got mad when I washed his face & changed his diaper!

36. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

Hi guys! I've been MIA but I think you can guess why.

I went into labor on my own late Friday, got sent home for lack of progress, only to come back the next day ready to go. Baby stalled in my pelvis and I was never able to complete dilating. Calvin Charles was born via c section after 48 long hours of labor Sunday morning at 7:39am. He's 8lbs 13 oz, 22 1/2 in long, and pretty much the cutest. We got home from the hospital yesterday. Csection was completely unexpected but recovery seems to be going well, and now we're working on fattening him up after a big weight drop in the hospital.

Hope everyone is well!

37. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

@jhd: wow! So glad you're both making progress and doing alright! Congratulations and happy birthday!

38. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: getting mad at a diaper change sounds like good progress to me I hope that you get to hold him so soon!

@preggomeggo82: I'm so glad to hear from you! Congratulations on baby boy-he's adorable I'm glad that you're healing well. Welcome home, and good luck with the fattening up!

So it turns out that both our pup and baby girl could tell something has been going on, because they've both been clingy and fussy all day long. We finally, finally got little one to sleep about half an hour ago, and DH and I are both ready to crash. Still in the dining room for one more night, but we hope to put the house back together tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that the smoke keeps dissipating and baby girl gives us some good sleep tonight!

39. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@preggomeggo82: congrats mama! Little Calvin is so handsome!!

40. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@preggomeggo82: congrats he's a cutie

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee