Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Pencil: how exciting!
    @luckypenny: I miss chatting with you ladies! There is a thread for spring 1st bdays I will find it

2. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

3. Mrs. Pencil

blogger / apricot / 335 posts

@luckypenny: Oh man, I'm trying to do the "anti-one year party" by not doing ANY decorations or agenda. I've attended way too many 1st birthday parties and saw the stress on the parents' faces and thought "I do not want to do that." So we rented a beach house and we're just doing a casual BYOBeach Gear party. I hope it's not too ghetto
    @jhd: Thanks for those links! I'll be looking into those boards too!

4. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@Mrs. Pencil: your beach party sounds like a great idea!

5. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@Mrs. Pencil: umm that sounds incredible!

6. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

ahh I've missed this thread! Also I cannot believe how big our babies are getting but all at once, haha. R's birthday is on Thursday already--I was induced one year ago today! She had her daycare birthday party today since they're closed on Thurs, and massively enjoyed her first cupcake though she was really confused about us being at school during the middle of the day and was really upset

We're having a small birthday party at our apartment in about 10 days. No theme really, just pink, gold and aqua decorations. It's sort of a housewarming party too--we just moved so it'll be the first time some people see our new place.

the party starts at 2 and so we're thinking about what to do for food...clearly cake. And veggie, cheese, and fruit trays. Maybe a smoked fish tray and a hummus/grape leaf/pita/etc tray as well...And maybe a pasta salad...So confusing! it's not really a meal time but we have to have something, you know?

7. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Hi April mamas! I miss hearing from you all. Tell me more about your almost-one-year olds. I am loving this stage more than ever. I think 9+ months has really been the best age of baby for me. I went back to work when he was 9.5 months and it has been really really good for all of us, so I feel fortunate about that.

He turns one on Saturday and we are doing s little party with his grandparents, aunts and uncles and a few of our local friends. Just sandwiches and cake and some decorations we found at a party store and thought were cute. Ben and I are both super sick this week though, so hopefully that passes soon.

The only upside to his being sick is that he will cuddle. He is way too busy to cuddle ever so I am enjoying that at least. I'm sure he will be up and running again soon. He is still so wild and we get tons of incident reports from daycare because he is anything but cautious. Lots of bumps and bruises for our little guy. He loooooves being outside though so we spend lots of time at the park and it keeps him happy and tires him out. Win win!

8. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@nana87: we have the same timing and it is weird to plan for. I'm doing pulled pork so I can crockpot. Then chips and fruit and cake basically. Depends what we can pull off by Saturday!

9. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

Is anyone else stalking the April 2015 board and feeling super nostalgic? I have a friend who just had a baby this past weekend and her whole pregnancy brought back so many memories! I am really glad to be at the one year mark though

10. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@gilmoregirl: I am totally nostalgic!

i haven't posted in about 11 months. but... i'm back at HB because we are TTC for our second now. how crazy. anyone else here on the boards ready for #2 or #3??!

happy birthday to all of our incredible april 2014 babies! being back here brings back so many memories.

xx

11. gilmoregirl

persimmon / 1273 posts

@SupernovaJ: oh wow! That's so exciting! Best wishes to you guys.
    We are at least a year away from even thinking about it, but we've planned for a while to aim for a slightly larger age gap. I'm not ready!

12. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@gilmoregirl: that's awesome you guys have planned the age gap. we are hoping for at least two more (i know, crazy), and given my age, probably can't wait too long in between. i would love to baby our LO a bit longer! at the same time, also feeling somewhat ready...

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee