Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh yes, I have been using all my willpower to avoid eating a bowl of cereal three meals a day. It's all I want.

@Astro Bee: My practice recommends that everybody take a DHA pill along with regular prenatals, as well as D3. I take four pills every evening: prenatal multi, DHA, D3, and a B complex.

@marionberry: Glad you got at least semi-positive results, and I hope the wait for completely good news goes by quickly for you.

Consumer Reports came out with a great report this month on mercury in fish that I'd strongly encourage everybody to take a look at: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2014/10/can-eating-the-wrong-fish-put-you-at-higher-risk-for-mercury-exposure/index.htm

Long story short, eat plenty of fish while you're pregnant, but be very careful about what kind of fish it is. Avoid tuna entirely. Best choices include locally caught shrimp (NOT imported from overseas), scallops, sardines, wild Alaska salmon, oysters, squid, and US-caught tilapia (again, avoid imported).

2. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

We are clueless about cars. We've both always been into small, cheap, reliable cars, but we are definitely going to need something bigger when LO is here. I'll be paying close attention to everyone's suggestions. Can anybody recommend a car with really great gas mileage, that has room for LOs, dogs, and gear for outdoor adventures/trips?

3. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@delight: my LO is so sweet, but she is a very heavy nurser and a total crap sleeper, so I would be surprised if this LO was worse!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I have lots of diarrhea - like 7 or 8 times a day, same with the last pregnancy. Last pregnancy I worried about it and even saw my GI doc because I thought that I could be depriving baby of nutrients with that much diarrhea, but doc said that was not something that happened, lol.

@marionberry: yay! that sounds like good news!

my update: my HCG more than tripled from Friday to Monday, and the ultrasound results when we actually read them said the findings were consistent with a pregnancy less than 5 weeks, but that it was too small to confirm. So it seems like everything is on track! I had one more hcg draw today, and then hopefully I will have another u/s on Monday, although Thursday next week was the earliest I could get booked in. So fingers crossed for a cancellation.

4. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: That's great news. So happy for you! What were your actual hCG numbers? I'm jealous of your Thursday ultrasound. I hate waiting until the 2nd...but at least that means it won't be questionable at that time.

5. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@marionberry: they were 500 and then 1500, and that's at 4w5d and 5w1d. I am not googling to see where that is on the range, but she said it was good! but yeah, much much lower than yours.

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: Thank you. I should at least be able to feel a little bit less stressed out, but I also don't want to assume everything is fine and get bad news in a week and a half, so I'll just hang in there.
    @loki: @neekierose: If we end up with twins I won't know what to do honestly. Not sure how we would afford 3 kids right now - at least 3 daycares. And the thought of 3 under 3 is a bit scary. But I love my kid(s) more than anything, so we'll make it work if it happens. Twins don't even run in my family.

7. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@PawPrints: we're not really car people, but we needed more space for baby, big dog, and outdoor gear, so we test drove all the compact cross-over suvs and ended up with the Chevy Equinox, mostly because it was totally a fine vehicle, and the cheapest in class. We still love it 3 years later. and it gets better gas mileage than my Mazda Protege did.

8. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Rockies11: Yah for good numbers!

@marionberry: I keep joking with DH that this is twins (for no reason, I don't actually think that nor do they run in our family). He does not find it funny. We would freak out about 3 daycare bills too, but just think how close all three of your kids would be!

9. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Rockies11: everyone always complains about the constipation but for me it's always the exact opposite! I'll take that over vomiting I suppose lol

Oh& I'm so glad your news was good!!!

10. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: that is good news! I'm excited for your ultrasound!

11. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: We are in this same boat! You can't really even fit a convertible carseat in my Ford Focus so we had already decided we'd be buying a new car in October. Now it's just about finding the right one that will house multiple kids, have decent mileage, and be 4wd. I'll let you know what we end up getting.
    @NeekieRose: Yes them all being close would be awesome as they grew up and would mean I wouldn't have to worry about having more kids (we really only want 3) but I would need a lot of family help. At least my mom lives about 7 miles away. Honestly though, I just have this feeling that we'll only end up with one, if any at all, so I'm not worrying about it too much. Oh and my last month of pregnancy I had horrible hypertension and spells of losing my vision - not sure how my body would even handle 2 at once.

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: My DH is taking off the morning at work to go with me - so that if I get bad news I won't be alone. But pending it's good news (1 or 2) we'll be really excited. I just can't wait for the ultrasound to get here. My OB said she didn't want to do it sooner - and I'd like to avoid 2 ultrasounds that may be too soon.

13. Mrs. Sunshine

@PawPrints: I was cereal for all the meals & snacks! lol i think about it all day long.

14. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @pawprints: My last pregnancy I swear I overdosed on frosted mini wheats. They were carbs/cereal and they helped my constipation. It was a win-win!

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: i'm sure you guys will make it work if that's the case.
    this is gonna sound really weird and creepy probs... but like @neekierose i keep joking that i am having twins... i've even told some friends i bet it's twins (for no logical reason). this morning on the train i was thinking about if it was twins and you came to my mind (due date twin) and the thought crossed my mind "it would be so funny if we were due the same day and both had twins!" so when i read your message about the possibility i was like... am i psychic? haha.
    aside from that craziness, just hoping everything goes well on the 2nd and until april

@Rockies11: so glad to hear things are on track!

16. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@marionberry: So excited for you. I have been reading your other thread as well. I would have loved twins but we are singles over here. My sister had twins first and then a single quickly afterwards. It can definitely work out.

I feel that I worry irrationally about the pregnancy not continuing. I have had two Chemicals but nothing later and I still am just terrified every single day that something is going to go wrong (with no indications that that will happen). Do you have any suggestions on how to move on from that?

17. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@brownie: i am totally with you. i feel like my irrational anxiety is not doing me or LO any good... i wish id idn't know all the things i know and all the people i know who have struggled because i would love to be ignorant and blissful... but it's like i'm not even willing to be happy! so i get where you're coming from. you're not alone. hopefully people have helpful suggestions!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: My last pregnancy (MMC @9w) was twins! Total shock. They had stopped developing two days before the ultrasound. I totally get the twins being scary thing but now I kinda wish I could have them back. Fx at least one sticks.

@Rockies11: Good news on the doubling! Feels so much better doesn't it.

@NeekieRose: I keep joking it's triplets this time, my DH does NOT find that funny.

Had my first appt today. Was short and sweet. No Ultrasound like the told me on the phone. Got prescription prenatals (covered by insurance so why not) and diclectin for nausea, my doc also recommended the ginger gravols if anyone is avoiding prescription route. I feel pretty terrible in the mornings now so i'm starting with the evening dose and see how it goes.
    @PawPrints: If I end up taking the full dose of diclectin i'll be taking 10 pills a day!

Ultrasound next wed for dating/see the heartbeat, follow up the following week, then I can decide if I want to switch back to my midwife or stay with the OB.

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: surprisingly, i'm uber calm and not worried about it after two MC (5.5w & 9w). I don't know how you not worry but you just do. Distraction to make the weeks past faster is good. I don't believe in the statistics because I would have been an exception to them so it doesn't make me feel any better.

20. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@PawPrints: thanks for the article about the fish!

@Mrs. Sunshine: yep, I had really bad diarrhea a couple of weeks ago... I used to suffer from IBS and it felt like it was returning, but I saw my acupuncturist about it and it cleared right up. I'm not a cereal eater but I can totally see how I could right now - all I want are carbs and dairy and cereal ticks both off!

@Astro Bee: we got a second hand honda crv about 6 months ago and we love it. it has a 5 star safety rating which was the most important thing for us. the subaru forester also has a 5 star safety rating, but it was slightly out of our price range. I'm not sure about larger SUV's - we were only looking in the compact SUV category.

21. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: Wow you are incredible

22. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@brownie: I too am struggling with the same irrational fears. It makes DH mad because he can't understand why I would worry so much about something I have no indication will happen. Its been a little better since I had the ultrasound and saw the heartbeat, but I've still had a few irrational episodes. I always find data reassuring and in fact, miscarriage stats are not necessarily as high as we might think, especially once you've passed the first few initial weeks.

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: I thinking going through it really makes you realize there is nothing you can do to control what could happen and just roll with it. I'm sure I would be devastated if it happens again, but for lots of people it never happens. So for now I hope for the best, without getting too ahead of myself.

24. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I'm waiting for my ultrasound. So excited and nervous!

25. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: yay!

26. makemake

olive / 63 posts

Hi everybody ~ !

EDD: April 10, 2015

How far along: 7 weeks? Sorry I'm not perfectly on top of things, my morning sickness has me in DGAF mode.

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: Sept. 10

Any symptoms so far? I got sore boobs right away, and started feeling exhausted at about 5 weeks. Then at 6w the Unrelenting Nausea set in. I'm totally miserable and essentially bedridden.

Who have you told? My friend who is also Pregnant with her first (and due in January), all parents, all siblings. I think my husband told one of his ex coworkers. Trying to wait until 12 weeks to really announce it, but we aren't the best at secrets.

I wish I could say I'm excited, and I WAS a couple weeks ago, but right now I feel pretty terrible and honestly sort of disinterested in Anything pregnancy/baby related. Luckily I did a ton of research/planning while we were still just trying. Blah.... Nausea be gone!!!

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@makemake: welcome!!!

28. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@makemake: Welcome! I live about an hour from Portland, so way cool that I have a bee on this thread who is so close!
    @loki: How funny! That would be really fun to have twins on the same days. Craziness. As far as how to beat the mc thoughts, in my first pregnancy I had this pretty bad. We'd struggled for so long to get pregnant that I was so afraid of losing the baby. What someone told me once and I have told everyone worrying since then is to tell yourself everyday "today I am pregnant, and I love my baby". Sometimes focusing on the now, and not the possibilities of the future helps. I agree with others that time helps too. The farther you get along, the lower the mc risk is and you can feel more secure. By 12 weeks you'll barely think about it so just hang in there.
    @Banana330: My heart goes out to you. Losing two at once had to be so difficult. Praying you get your sticky baby this time! And I agree that I'd take two over none any day.
    @NeekieRose: Good luck! So excited for you.

29. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@makemake: Welcome!

I don't have great advice for getting over the miscarriage worries. The only thing that can make it better is time passing uneventfully, so I try to stay distracted. I spent a ton of time in the first couple weeks after the BFP looking up miscarriage statistics and reading a ton of studies, and probably went overboard with it. Right now I'm just repeating to myself that the risk will drop to 1.5% when I hit 8 weeks (only 4 days away!)

30. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@makemake: welcome! Sorry you are feeling so sick! hope you get some relief soon

@NeekieRose: exciting! how did it go?

@pawprints: yep, I am hanging out for the 1.5% mark too.. bring on next week!

31. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@marionberry: I think that sounds really good! Don't numbers stop doubling once they get to a certain point anyways?! I can't believe you have twin potential. So exciting. I can't wait to hear your u/s update. I hope you continue to get positive news!

@Astro Bee: I drive a Kia Sorento and love it. I've had no problems with it at all. It is very similar to Hyundai Santa Fe.

@NeekieRose: haha that's totally why we got KU fast! Man, I hate it when everyone says my next one will be awful. Seriously, I'm sure there's also a good chance they'll be an easy baby too!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I hope this next one is just as great in the newborn stage for you! Hopefully the whining doesn't escalate when the next LO comes. It'll be interesting to see how our girls react to siblings.

@Rockies11: Is your LO still a crap sleeper? I hope she figures it out before her sibling comes. I'm worried about the new baby waking up LO1 in the middle of the night. I guess I'll be doing white noise machines in both rooms or something. Oh and great news with your HCG numbers!

@makemake: welcome and congrats!

32. Mrs. Sunshine

@delight: she's still going to be so little, I don't even know if she would understand! I'm excited & so nervous. It's going to be a looonggg 9 months! lol

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

So it was all good news. Saw the heartbeat and everything looks perfect! Only one baby so I have to stop teasing DH about twins.

She was also able to give me an official due date. Appears I am a little more than a week further along than I thought. So yah for being 8 weeks, 5 days. But that makes my due date March 28th. Which means I should probably switch to the March board

34. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: congrats on a good ultrasound but I'm sad you're going to the other board. I liked having so many moms with second babies! I think you should stay.
    @delight: Ya they start taking 96 hours or more to double. So my dr wasn't as concerned. She said it was well within range.

35. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: we'll miss you! But congrats! Check in every once in a while!

36. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@NeekieRose: so glad it went well! You don't have to leave our group! This has happened in other boards before and some
    choose to stay and some choose to join their actual month board. You might deliver in April anyway! I hope you stick around

37. Mrs. Sunshine

You know you're pregnant when meal planning makes you nauseous & you want to burst into tears because you have no idea what to buy to have on hand as snacks. I just wanna go to bed. lol

38. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: You know you're pregnant when your cooktop is broken so you drive up the street to your mom's house to make mac n cheese. These dang cravings for carbs!

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: I agree with other ladies about you staying. In reality, you'll be almost 4 weeks different from the beginning ladies in the March board, so you might relate better to ours.

40. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@makemake: congrats and welcome! Have you been trying anything for the nausea?

@marionberry: I am glad thing are looking up for you!

@NeekieRose: yay for a positive appointment! I think staying here makes sense too!

@brownie: I feel like repeating "I am doing everything that I can control" and over helps calm my nerves a bit. Not sure if it will help

So I had my ultrasound today and everything looked great! I confirmed April 3 due date and heart beat was 177 bpm. The tech was awesome and talked us through the entire procedure, printed a picture with a recording of the heart beat and showed us an image of the blood pumping through the heart as the little bean squirmed around. I cried a little

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee