Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Hello, ladies! I've been absent from the thread for a while, but have been eagerly following everyone's progress. I am also struggling with all that bloating! But one symptom that's been great for all is the fuller boobs! I know that others are frustrated that this is happening to them, but for me, it's been great!

I do have to vent, though. This past week has been pretty difficult and frustrating. My responsibilities have doubled this week, and we just finished moving into our new house, parents visiting this weekend, and there has been a ton to do and clean. I really thought I'd have DH's support this week (he's on hiatus; his new job starts in a few weeks), but he's been knocked out by a terrible cold or flu or bronchitis or something awful. So here I am struggling with exhaustion and added responsibilities and NO time, but of course DH is even less capable than me right now, so everything is left to me. He appreciates all that I'm doing, which is great, but it's just a sucky situation.

And to top it all off, it's the last week of my summer vacation (I'm a teacher). I'm not one to complain about summer vacation ending - I know I'm lucky to have it - but for it to end this awfully sucks.

Luckily I have my first ultrasound to look forward to today. At 7w2d, we're hoping to see the heartbeat! If all else fails, *that* will be a great way to end the summer.

Anyone else struggling with added responsibilities and less energy to follow through?

2. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@marionberry: hahaha! You gotta do what you gotta do!

3. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: @lulu22: @delight: @astimegoesby: Thanks ladies! It is such a relief to see the little heartbeat! And if you guys will still have me, I'd be more than happy to stay in this group! I just didn't know if that was weird. Haha

@astimegoesby: yah for a great ultrasound and a nice strong heartbeat! Mine was 161.

@marionberry: I love that you went to your mom's to make mac n' cheese. Mmmmm, carbs. I finally had that baked potato (with sour cream and cheese) for dinner last night that I had been craving.

@makemake: Welcome!

@ineebee: Ugh, that is so annoying when DH is sick. I have a hard time not being annoyed with him when that happens, even though I *know* it's not his fault. I hope you have a great ultrasound today!

4. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: thanks so much. time seems to be passing extra slow waiting for 12 weeks. i need to just remind myself that worrying will do absolutely no good and is mostly counterproductive so... i need to relax and just enjoy every day.

last night i had myself convinced i was having an ectopic pregnancy. i keep getting these little pinchy cramps on the left side exactly where i think i felt ovulation/implanation... it's really similar pain. does anyone else have this (or did you have it in a first pregnancy)? after some googling i discovered it could be corput luteum? thoughts? i'm trying to just relax a bit more... waiting until 9 weeks for my ultrasound is torture!

@ineebee: wow you have so much on your plate! if anything, being busy will keep the time moving quickly! so excited for your ultrasound today, keep us posted! hope you see the heartbeat

@NeekieRose: staaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! or you could always double team and keep a foot in both. we'd miss you around here though! glad the ultrasound went well today. and you never know, you could always end up having an april baby anyways!

5. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

Wow I was gone for a day and I missed alot! I'm sorry if I miss anything!

@PawPrints: Thanks for the info on the tuna/fish! We had tilapia that other day so I went to make sure it was US. Also we have Chevy Equinox, it's not the newest model but it was lots of room in the back seat and there is plenty of room in the back for dogs or stuff. We camp alot and we can fit all our stuff plus the 50lb dog with room to spare.

@Rockies11: So glad to hear your HCG tripled!

@marionberry: Fingers crossed for your appointment on the 2nd! Twins would be a big shock but definitely worth it!

@makemake: Welcome! I hope you're feeling better soon!

@NeekieRose: I don't think you need to leave! But if you do, please come back and check in with us!

@As Time Goes By: Yay for your US! It must be so exciting, I can't wait until my appointment Monday. I'm hoping we get an US and can see the little bean

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@ineebee: I agree with you about the boobs! Ugh, sorry you have to do all that with a sick DH. Hope he feels better soon and you can get some relaxing in! Good luck at your ultrasound, let us know how it goes!

@loki: I don't have the exact pain you are, but sometimes I get a shooting pain that lasts for a second and is gone. I agree that its hard not to think bad things, but I am trying to follow the "today I am pregnant" mantra and being happy today.

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So I started taking my diclectin last night, it seems to work pretty well, was a bit nauseous this morning after taking my vitamins but some crackers and a preggy pop helped. Now I feel ok. The only thing is it makes me exhausted. It's great at bed time as i'm sleeping longer (only got up to pee once) but the mornings it's so hard to get out of bed. I'm starting with the two pills a night and we'll see if I need to add daytime pills.

@NeekieRose: i'd just stay or do both...

8. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: My workload has about tripled lately so I get the ultra-exhaustion! I'm sorry your break has to end that way. Maybe next week when your husband feels better he can treat you to a massage or breakfast in bed to make up for it??
    @HappyBluebird: Yep it's going to be a big ultrasound. Over a week to go...blah.
    @loki: I get pinchy cramps here and there. Nothing to worry about. You'd know if you had an ectopic by the severe pain.

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@ineebee: I totally relate with your post. This is my last week of holidays as well and we are moving next Saturday. I just started packing today and am super stressed out. I hope you're settling into your new home well and that DH is feeling better soon.

@NeekieRose: totally not weird to stay in this group! You've already forged friendships and would have to start over in the march group. Definitely stick around with us!

I did a digital today and it says 2-3 weeks so that's good. At least things are rising. I'm 4+3 so that's on target. My first pregnancy stalled right of the bat and my numbers went from 67 to 79 in 48 hours so I knew I was doomed. I'm confident this one is going well and hope I can get blood drawn next week to confirm. I'm so excited some of you are already getting ultrasounds! With DD I had scans at 7 & 9 weeks to make sure things were going well but I had my mc a couple months prior. I'm pretty sure my doctor won't be on board with any extra scans this time.

Not sure if any of you are still feeling like drinking beer with the nausea, but right now I'm enjoying an Erdinger on my porch. I tried many non alcoholic beers last time and this one is by far the best! yum!

10. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@NeekieRose: @loki: @marionberry: Thanks for commiserating! DH actually does feel a lot better today, so he's been lending a hand here and there.

@delight: Yikes, I can't imagine gearing up for a move! Good luck to you.

@loki: Ditto what @marionberry said. My doctor says that my pinches and twinges here and there are completely normal, and the extreme pain of an ectopic pregnancy is impossible to ignore. But everyone's pain tolerances are different. You should talk to your doctor or nurse if it'll ease your mind!

Aaaand... my ultrasound went great today!! At 7w2d, we saw a heartbeat! What a beautiful little flicker of light! It looked nothing bigger than a little squiggle - but it was so amazing. We talk a lot about symptoms and planning and everything, but looking at that little squiggle reminded me that there is a brand new HUMAN we're preparing for! --who already exists! And is growing! So yes, seeing that ultrasound has really made up for a crappy week and I am just elated! Exhausted and still stressed, but also elated!

11. Mrs. Sunshine

@ineebee: that is so exciting!! I hope toy get to decompress a little this weekend before you start school!

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: Yay for a good ultrasound! Don't you just love seeing your little "worm"?

13. makemake

olive / 63 posts

@As Time Goes By: I've been trying all sorts of things. Constantly eating little bits (crackers etc) helps some with the just-woke-up nausea, but I'm beginning to think that I'm just GOING to feel this way, so I might as well get used to it. Ginger tea does nothing for me, but what has surprised me the most is that coca cola seems to help! One of my husband's friends said his wife swears by it for nausea, so I gave it a shot and it's helpful. But again, it doesn't make it go away. Sigh!

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I got a little bit excited today because my friend who is also pregnant had her gender scan today - they're having a boy!! I'm stoked for them because that is what she wanted.

One thing that I have noticed change for me over the last few weeks is that my dreams are SUPER vivid, and maybe this is weird but they are a lot more positive than my normal dreams. My dreams pre-pregnancy usually featured some sort of stress or worry, but my dreams lately have been sort of more... Adventurous, exciting, and interesting. It's awesome, but waking up to the nausea sucks.

14. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@ineebee: yay for the ultrasound and heartbeat! congrats! It's such an amazing feeling to see that little squiggle and flicker on the screen. I can't wait for my next one... only 3 weeks to go.. SIGH.

Well, my cheese cravings are getting out of control. I just went to the supermarket and purchased string cheese, laughing cow triangles AND babybels... what a fatty! I don't usually eat much processed food so I feel really bad, but I guess my body wants calcium so I am just giving in...

Is anyone else having any cravings? My mom warned me today that the "weird combinations" might start soon!

15. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lulu22: Well the other day I walked two miles at lunch and went in six different shops in search of a quiche, so I think it's probably safe to say I've had my first craving.

Cheese sounds amazing. All we have in the house is a wedge of brie that DH bought, which I'm obviously not allowed to touch (soft cheeses). Maybe I need to go get a nice aged cheddar.

16. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@PawPrints: 6 shops! yep that's definitely a craving! Awww, that's taunting knowing that there is brie in the fridge! I think that's why I went for all the processed cheeses... they are all pasteurized within an inch of their lives yet still have that kind of 'soft' texture!

17. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@PawPrints: Is the brie unpasteurized? It's only the unpasteurized ones you can have. Otherwise, nom away!

@lulu22: I'm feeling you on the cheese. I haven't had much nausea, or much in the way of food aversions. But, pretty much all food except feta cheese just seems really meh to me. On the whole, this means I've been making better/healthier food choices since ice cream and brussels sprouts are equally (un)appealing. But I have eaten a ...lot...of a feta cheese.

I had an initial meeting last night with the home birth midwife group I'll be seeing for this pregnancy last night. When open enrollment comes around in the fall, I'm ditching Kaiser and going with a plan that has better coverage for them. Going to their meet & greet made this whole pregnancy thing seem a lot more real.

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@lilyofthewest: I think you mean pasteurized? Everything I've read says no eating unnpasteurized cheeses. Is that what you meant?

19. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@PawPrints: @Boopers: Doh. That should've read "only the unpasteurized ones you can't have". Proofreading fail! Thanks for seeing.

20. Mrs. Sunshine

Umm I didn't know this about cheeses (i didn't know about lunch meat my last pregnancy!) Is goat cheese still okay?

21. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: most goat cheeses are pasteurized but I always check the label if possible. When in doubt I don't eat it. Except for today when lunch was provided at work and it had deli meat. It was either eat the deli meat or don't eat at all. You better believe I ate!

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@Boopers: thanks! You learn something new everyday!
    Eating something is always better than eating mothing, pregnant or not!

23. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@lulu22: As for cravings, I haven't craved things the way I imagined I would. But I've had an inclination towards soups! I was at Target the other day, *just* to buy toilet paper and all-purpose cleaner, when I happened by the soup aisle. I went NUTS grabbing all kinds of Campbell's and Progresso soups! I try to stay away from processed food, so to make myself feel better I put in some corn or something fresh to make it *seem* healthier. I'm also Korean, and I've been thinking a lot about Korean stews and soups. Luckily I went to see my parents last week and my mom made me my favorite Korean soups. Yummmm...

24. Mrs. Sunshine

I'm craving pumpkin everything (& cereal. I made a homemade pumpkin granola & eat it with milk. I can't stop.)

Still not feeling nauseous but my gag reflex is in high gear today. I'm even gagging on my water!

25. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: ooooh, if that pumpkin craving is still around in a couple weeks there will be so much pumpkin fall everything! My supermarket has their fall seasonal beers out. I walked down the aisle slowly making sad, longing glances at the pumpkin beer.

26. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lilyofthewest: Hey a sip here and there won't hurt anything. I hate missing my seasonal microbrews but I do sip from dh's on occasion.

27. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@marionberry: Ditto. Hell I even love smelling his pumpkin ale.

28. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@PawPrints: @marionberry: Both sweetie and our housemate have celiac disease, so, I'm usually the only beer drinker. I think I would have trouble with self control if I bought myself a 6pack though. Maybe there will be the option to have just one at an event.

29. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

How was everyone's weekends? We went to lunch with FIL, BIL, and BIL's girlfriend yesterday and shared our news. Last time BIL made a comment on FB referring to me being pregnant around 15 weeks which prompted us to make the news public. I warned him not to make the same mistake this time....hopefully he won't. FIL is super happy for us. He teared up a little, which is cute.

I don't remember from last time, but I read that the morning sickness usually peaks around 9 weeks. I am really hoping that is true as I can't stand being much more nauseous. Hopefully this is the peak and if I can just get through the next week or so, it will start to subside!

30. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@NeekieRose: Hey fellow November mama! Oh my goodness! I just saw your name pop up on this thread and I had to check and see - congratulations to you and your husband! I hope I'm not far behind you and that I'm participating in another due date board soon too. So happy for you!

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: sharing the news is so exciting! can't wait until i can tell more people.
    my weekend was okay. saturday brunch and ping pong tournament... things like this end up being SO MUCH CHEAPER when you're not drinking haha. yesterday i spent the entire day in bed. constantly running to the bathroom because i thought i was going to throw up... finally did at about 9pm and it was horrible. today i am feeling completely disgusting and wish i could be at home desperately... i'm only 7 weeks and i can't imagine this getting much worse... or lasting for at least another 5. blah. i'm so grumpy

32. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@sweetooth: I saw your reply on this thread and got really excited that maybe you were joining! Thanks! Hope all is well with you and your family and that you will be joining a group soon!!

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Sorry you feel so crappy. I often think how it could be worse for me

I spent most of Saturday napping (between doing loads of laundry). It was rainy and gross here so it was nice to just relax and give into the exhaustion.

34. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: we announced to our parents & siblings this weekend too (& I also got to take a nap & it rocked my world! lol) my dad nearly immediately put it on FB so now some of my cousins, my grandma & all his work friends know but I asked him to remove it. He was just excited. DH & I haven't went public yet so I just assumed he knew not to break the news first. Oh well. What's done is done I guess.

35. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh geez. My biggest concern is people at work finding out before I'm ready to share (preferably after reviews are done in a month). That is what concerns me about someone slipping up and posting to FB. That's cute that your dad was so excited though!

36. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: yeah he's great with DD, he really loves being a grandparent. I hope your family is able to keep it on the DL for a little while longer!

37. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@NeekieRose: @Mrs. Sunshine: So exciting to be able to tell! We were going to let our immediate families know a week or so ago but decided to wait it out. It's hard to keep in the secret though!

38. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

I had our first appointment today and we got to have an ultrasound to see the little bean. We got to see the heartbeat and it was amazing! Dr said everything looked good. The heartbeat was 155bpm. They got two different measurements and the dates were off by 5 days. One was spot on where I thought I was, the other 5 days less. So when we go back in 4 weeks we will have another US to confirm the dates. I feel so much less nervous now that we know LO is where he or she needs to be and is growing!

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HappyBluebird: awww that is so exciting, congrats!!!

40. Mrs. Sunshine

@HappyBluebird: oh yay! How exciting!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee