Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: That was 13 DPO. I know how you feel - this is our first BFP after loss, and I have been managing to convince myself over and over again that I'm about to miscarry. It's nerve wracking. So far so good though.

2. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@HappyBluebird: lol I called my husband at work in the middle of the day because I couldn't wait until he got home! Not cute at all

3. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Boopers: I called DH at work to tell him, too

4. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@loki: it was 13DPO and I agree about wanting to pee on sticks all the time. I had a 3 pack and I've used 2. I really want to pee on the last one but I'm trying to tell myself that it's not going to help anything

5. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@PawPrints: big hugs! I'm so nervous about miscarriage too, but I can't even imagine how you must be feeling!

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Boopers: haha his excitement made up for it so I'm not too bummed about it

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@PawPrints: oh i'm so sorry for your loss and wishing you lots of sticky baby dust. this was our first cycle trying and i just keep telling myself i just CANNOT be this lucky. it isn't normal, it isn't fair, and i'm kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop. which is so unhealthy and i need to just realize it's out of my hands now... easier said than done.

8. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@HappyBluebird: @loki: I have 20+ wondfos left so I may still be testing every couple days...

Here's my tests from last Friday night and the onesie I made for DD to tell my family.

9. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@PawPrints: so sorry about your loss, lots of sticky baby dust to you!

@NeekieRose: Love that shirt!

10. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@LovelyPlum: seriously!! Cannot believe that this time last year I didn't know I was pregnant yet and now there's a little love rolling around on the play mat in front of me trying to put toys in her mouth

11. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

Yay I'm so happy to see this board up!

EDD: April 3, 2015 an Easter baby!

How far along: 5 weeks today

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: September 9th, but dating ultrasound
    August 21

Any symptoms so far? Pinching/pulling type cramps, fatigue, and frequent trips to the bathroom

Who have you told? DH and midwives office

12. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: I've had a few rough moments over the past week and i have finally come to terms with the fact that I am doing everything I can to support a healthy pregnancy and as far as I know I am still pregnant. Every time I start to think negative thoughts I remind myself "I am still pregnant!" If it turns out, this pregnancy is not meant to be I will sort through those emotions then. I hope we all have sticky babies!

13. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@As Time Goes By: Welcome! I had not even looked up the date of Easter, that is so cool that my due date is two days after Easter. Little bunny baby!

14. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Three more symptoms I forgot earlier: oily skin/hair, hot/cold flashes, and pinching-type sensations in my uterus. This pregnancy is already feeling so very different from my last one, I really hope that's a good sign that this one will stick. And maybe even a little eager to start feeling morning sickness.

15. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@PawPrints: every time I feel a hint of nausea I get a little excited... So bizarre I am also so bloated by the end of the day... Not so exciting.

16. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@As Time Goes By: welcome! So glad to have another April mama to be! I didn't realize when Easter was, that's exciting!

17. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@PawPrints: I absolutely hate feeling sick to my stomach, but when I get those waves of nausea it's a little reassuring

18. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

We were almost to my appointment this morning when my doctor's office called to reschedule. My doctor got an emergency page and had to leave right away. My appointment is reschedule for Wednesday. Boo. Oh well, I'll be 6 weeks then so maybe by some chance of luck I can get an ultrasound!

19. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Boopers: aww that's disappointing, your appointment will be here soon though, hope you get to have an ultrasound

20. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

April Mamas!
    April 1: Boopers
    April 3: As time goes by
    April 5: Neekierose
    April 7: HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    April 12: Loki

Appointments
    August 2: Boopers
    August 7: Neekierose
    August 13: Pawprints
    August 21: As time goes by
    August 25: HappyBluebird

21. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I am cautiously adding my name to this list...

EDD: April 12th

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? No, I have a 10.5 month old son

First doctor appointment: Idk. Likely not for a few weeks.

Any symptoms so far? Just some pinching cramps and a tiny bit of nausea.

Who have you told? My husband. I let our son carry the stick down to him. I peed on a stick that expires this month so I'm a bit nervous until I try it on a new one tomorrow morning but I would assume it should still be accurate.

Background: We took 10 months and an IUI to get pregnant with our son. Now NTNP for three months we get pregnant with our second...figures!

22. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: Congratulations!!! I remember you from the IF threads from a while back! When the time comes, our plan for our second is the same as yours, and it's so wonderful that it seems to have worked so beautifully with you!

I cannot believe I'm joining this thread...

EDD: April 8

How far along: 4w4d

First child? Absolutely!

First doctor appointment: I’m coming off of an IVF cycle, so I’ve had a couple blood tests and still have one more coming up. But for the purposes of this thread, I guess you can mark me down for my first viability ultrasound which is on August 19!

Any symptoms so far? Some fatigue, some lightheadedness, sore boobs, some mild to moderate cramps

Who have you told? This is a long, long, long-awaited pregnancy, so DH and I couldn’t help but share with my parents, my brother and our housemates who have been on this journey with us.

23. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@marionberry: @ineebee: welcome ladies! And congratulations!

24. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: So happy to see you finally make it here! I know exactly what this means to you and your DH. I hope your second turns out just like ours. Miracles do happen!
    @HappyBluebird: thank you! I can't say I'll be as active as I was the first time around but I'm happy to be a resource to any first time mamas!

25. windswept

coffee bean / 36 posts

I'm also cautiously joining, and this is my first Hellobee post after a long time lurking!

EDD: April 10(ish)

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? Yes!!

First doctor appointment: Not scheduled yet

Any symptoms so far? Sore breasts and the occasional wave of nausea, but otherwise I feel completely normal.

Who have you told? Just DH. I surprised him with a onesie and he is thrilled. It hasn't fully sunk in for either of us, though, and we're not ready to tell anyone else yet.

I'm excited to get to know everyone!

26. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@HappyBluebird: Thank you!!

@marionberry:

@windswept: Welcome! So glad to hear from you, especially as a fellow Massachusettsan! (I'm not from here, so I had to look up the demonym on Wikipedia. 'Massachusettsan' doesn't seem quite right though, does it?) Looking forward to sharing in this journey with you!

27. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@marionberry: whaaaa??? Yay!!!

28. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@ineebee: so thrilled for you!!

29. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@windswept: @ineebee: @marionberry: Congratulations and welcome!

30. windswept

coffee bean / 36 posts

@ineebee: Thank you! I'm not originally from MA either, but I've been here for five years and love it. We're hoping to buy our first home here soon.

31. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: Thanks and congratulations to you too!
    @Lovelyplum: Yep, my thoughts exactly...definitely a shocking blessing!

32. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

I'm so happy and excited to be joining you here!

EDD: April 6

How far along: 5 weeks tomorrow

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: August 13 for a "pregnancy confirmation" not sure what that entails...

Any symptoms so far? tender breasts, a dull ache in my uterus, need to pee a lot but no morning sickness/nausea yet...

Who have you told? So far DH and I are keeping it quiet, though I will have to tell my boss fairly soon.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! x

33. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@lulu22: Congratulations!! Your Aug. 13 appointment will probably be a blood test to give you a quantitative measure of your hCG level. Just curious - what line of work are you in that you would have to tell your boss so soon?

34. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@marionberry: I'm sure the first time mamas like myself will appreciate the advice!

@windswept:@lulu22: Congrats & Welcome!!

35. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

I hope I didn't miss anyone or any appointments. If I did, please let me know or feel free to update the list.

April Mamas!
    April 1: Boopers
    April 3: As time goes by
    April 5: Neekierose
    April 6: Lulu22
    April 7: HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    April 8: Ineebee
    April 10: Windswept
    April 12: Loki, Marionberry

Appointments
    August 6: Boopers
    August 7: Neekierose
    August 13: Pawprints, Lulu 22
    August 19: Ineebee
    August 21: As time goes by
    August 25: HappyBluebird

36. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: I'm excited to see someone else in this group who will also have two under two! It took us a year of NTNP and one month of actively trying to get pregnant with DD but this time we technically fall into the NTNP since my period came back PP. I really thought it would take longer to get pregnant again...

Congrats @As Time Goes By, @ineebee, @windswept, and @lulu22!!

37. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lulu22: Yeah, during my last pregnancy the "confirmation" was a POAS which they then charged my insurance fifty bucks for. Got the bill for the ten dollars we were responsible for AFTER the miscarriage. Ouch, sick timing, insurance.

I guess it's so they know you're not just a crazy person with a made-up BFP!

38. 2PeasinaPod

pomelo / 5524 posts

Officially joining...

EDD: 4/6

How far along: 5 weeks today

First child? No, I have a 22 month old son

First doctor appointment: 8/21

Any symptoms so far? Sore breasts and exhaustion

Who have you told? Our families only

I'm a little nervous joining the due date boards only because this is my 5th pregnancy and I only have 1 LO. I went for my initial betas which were 24, then my 48 hour result was 56, so at least I'm doubling.

Congratulations to everyone!

39. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

Welcome all the new April moms! Yay!

I went to my classroom at my new school for the first time today to start setting up. OH MY GOSH, I worked for only two hours and left utterly exhausted. I am not sure how I am going to get through the first few weeks of school once the kiddos come!

40. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@2PeasinaPod: Welcome and congrats! I'm also 5w today. (According to my ovulation date on FF, anyway - according to my LMP I'm one day behind that.)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee