Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Update! Welcome @Jenn23! So many twins in April!

2. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: super glad you decided to take it! it really takes the edge off!

We had our long awaited follow-up ultrasound, and we got the GREAT news that baby is measuring dead on and has a high average heartbeat for 7w2d, so we are officially out of the woods on the low heartrate thing! So much relief today.

3. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: that is incredible news

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Rockies11: Yah!! So glad you got good news!

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Loving all the twins this month!

6. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Rockies11: Great news! So happy for you!

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Finally had my follow up with the OB today. He said everything looked good on the ultrasound last week, and baby is measuring one day ahead. He did a quick ultrasound to check the heartbeat again today. Next week I have my first appointment with a midwife, and then I'll get one more heartbeat check the following week (b/c it's around when I had my last MMC) then i'm back to the normal visiting schedule. Looks like we'll be doing the NT testing too.

@PawPrints: Can you move my due date to the 16th next time you update? Thanks!

@loki: Glad to hear it's helping. It really had made my life so much easier!

@Rockies11: Congrats!

8. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@marionberry @astrobee- Yeah my mom was TTC for 2 years and when she went to her doctor to discuss it she found out she was pregnant but didn't know it was twins until the day they were born since they didn't do ultrasounds back then. Crazy! As far as ms goes... I guess I have been lucky. I occasionally get the feeling of nauseousness like the feeling you get when your really hungry but haven't come close to throwing up or anything. But maybe my body is giving me a break because of what I had to go through with my OHSS..

@Jenn- so happy to have you join the April Board!

@Rockies11: great news on the u/s! congrats!

@Banana330: glad you got to hear the heart beat again!

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: This looks great! My due date changed to the 11th though. Sorry to be a pain!
    @Rockies11: So happy for you that you got good news! You've certainly had a rocky start.
    @Banana330: Yay for a good visit!

10. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: so are you a twin? and now you're expecting twins? my apologies if you mentioned this earlier, i'm trying to learn everyone and keep them all straight! if so, super exciting!

@Banana330: great news, congrats!

11. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@loki: I have older twin brothers. I have a lot of twins in the family but since I had IVF it isn't really a "runs in the family" thing

12. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: oh right right! it's coming back to me. at least you're surrounded by twins so you have a bit of an idea of what to expect and have a good resource in your mom! super exciting, i dunno if you've been reading but i am hoping i have twins in there. highly likely so i'm gonna be watching our april twin babies super closely

13. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: @NeekieRose: @HappyBluebird: @Banana330: @marionberry: Thanks ladies! It's a huge relief to have this pregnancy actually on track.

14. loki

pear / 1787 posts

I meant highly UNlikely in my last post haha

15. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@loki: hahaha well if there was twin baby dust I would sprinkle you with it!

16. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

I had my first bout of sickness last Saturday, but it wasn't ms. Ever since I was a little girl, I've battled motion sickness (the other ms!). Made it 10 mins from the house, and had to ask my husband to pull the car over. We're visiting my parents, and the roads are really bad here. Plus, I was bad and popped a SINGLE candy in my mouth before I left the house. Well, it quickly came up!

I've been really worried that the pregnancy would make my motion sickness worse, since I spend almost 2 hrs on the bus every day. And the swaying on the bus makes me feel nauseous if I'm not lucky enough to get a seat. Can't wait til I pop and people start offering me a seat! Since I found out we were expecting, I've been on a course which requires me to drive to work, and then on vacation. So we'll see how I feel when I finally do go back to work.

I read here a while back someone who was traveling with their toddler, family, and was simultaneously battling both forms of ms. I can't remember who it was, but my sympathies!

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Had my latest appointment yesterday. A well woman visit so a full physical, pap, and lots of blood. I was a couple days shy of 11 weeks and the midwife said usually they don't even try to hear the heartbeat before 11 weeks since they usually can't hear it. But she tried anyways (told me not to worry if we couldn't hear it...right). After searching around for about 5 minutes we were about to give up, and then there it was!

18. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Oh, and the best news! They already gave me the order for the anatomy scan! I mentioned that I was considering doing the NT scan just to have a chance to know the gender early (but that DH nixed that) and the midwife said I could do the anatomy scan as early as 18 weeks. This is fantastic news because I wanted to get it a little early so that we can do a gender reveal at DD's first birthday party on Nov 1. I will be 19 weeks on Nov 1, so I didn't know if they would let me do it in the 18th week. She was totally on board and gave me the order so that I can schedule it soon and get the day I want!

19. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@neekierose Yay! So excited for you! It must make it so much more real to hear the heartbeat.

20. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Astro Bee: Thanks! It's pretty great. I can't wait to start using my home doppler. But I will probably need to wait a couple more weeks for it to be able to pick it up.

21. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: congrats! you'll be finding out the gender in no time!!! that's super exciting.

@Astro Bee: that motion sickness sounds awful. i can't even imagine experiencing that while also experiencing all the other horrible first tri symptoms! hopefully it's not too bad on the bus.

22. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

I was 10w0d yesterday, and unlike most of you, I have yet to have an us. I had a confirmation appt with the on-call doctor at my doctor's clinic at 5w0d, and they did a poas test, and checked proteins, etc. That doctor also explained my options for further on health provider, which I will be discussing with my doctor at my appt at 11w6d. He also explained prenatal testing, and set me up for the NT us and blood testing, which I have on 18 Sept at 12w0d. So, the first time I see and hear (hopefully) my baby will be during the NT us. I'm looking forward to it, even though I will be a little worried until we get the results.

23. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Astro Bee: If I hadn't been unsure of the conception date, we wouldn't have had an us yet either. My office generally only does one (anatomy scan). But with my long cycles, I knew I'd be at least a week off of LMP (which I was), so they did a dating us at 9 weeks. Yah that you will get to see your baby soon!

24. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Happy Friday, all! I need to get updated on everything that happened yesterday, but wanted to say hi!

I actually took a sick day yesterday because I was so exhausted and stayed in bed and slept all day long. It was glorious and I have more energy today than I've had in weeks. I was up before 7am cleaning the house! Let's hope it lasts.

Happy weekend to you all!

25. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Astro Bee: i'll be 9w3d when i have my first. it's so nerve wracking waiting!!! i can't imagine waiting until 12 weeks. but you only have a couple weeks to go!

do you guys know how long it takes to get NT results back? i really want to try to schedule our NT when I'm 11 weeks so we can get results back before 12 weeks so we can start telling people! is that possible, do you think?

26. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Loki: I figure I don't have it all that bad compared to so many of you. I haven't experienced any morning sickness, and aside from some food aversions (my mom cooked lobster and crab for us last night - I had baked potato and veggies, and ate on the couch because of the smell!), I haven't been doing too bad. For the last three days, I've had a head cold, which has left me with little appetite, more tired and lackluster than usual. Of course, I have been sleeping a ton (my husband suggested that I go to the hospital, the sweetie - it's our first, obviously) and had lots of gas bw weeks 6 and 8.

Anyway, I'm thankful for the small mercies, and not having morning sickness more than makes up for the occasional bout of motion sickness. My mom was sick the entire 9 mths with me!

27. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@SunshineMCC: Good for you! You really need to listen to your body to know when to take it easy, and it's clearly worked out for you. Glad to hear you've managed to get some housework done. I went on a mad tear cleaning before our vacation (because it's so nice to come home to a clean house, and we also have a cat sitter coming in once a day to feed them and clean the litter), but it absolutely wiped me out!

My husband has been doing a lot of the cleaning lately, but for some things I have to go behind him and do a do-over - like the toilets, and sinks, and counters, and stove top, and shower!

Ladies, how are your SOs at keeping house while you're napping and/or recovering from morning sickness?

28. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: my doc said that the NT results can take up to a week!

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I haven't done the test before but my friend who has twice says you have to do it during the 12th week and it takes about a week to hear back I think. Since we're having twins and the risk for health problems goes up we're doing the test this time I think.

30. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@NeekieRose: My cycles since I went off bc last fall have all been 29-31 days, and for most of the spring I was recording when my LMP was for when we starting trying. We were using condoms for several months until we were sure we were really ready (and sure that the hormones were out of my system), and got pregnant right away once we stopped. But that was the month that I didn't write down the date. Still, I was pretty sure within 2-3 days, so I guess that's why they didn't do an early one. Also, this is my first pregnancy, so fortunately, don't have the worries that some of you have.

Still, with everyone talking about their ultrasounds, and knowing I'm one of the first late March/early April mommas, I'm more than a little anxious to see my little baby.

31. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Jenn23: Congrats! Congrats! and welcome! So happy for you!

32. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Rockies11: So happy for you! I bet you finally feel like you can breathe again! YAY!

33. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Loki: I am having the combined testing done, which is the NT us with a blood test done the same day, and another done 2 weeks after. I'm not sure if that affects how long I'll have to wait for results, or if they will do it based on the first day's test, and amend it, if necessary, after the second blood test. Also, my doctor told me that it has to be done between 11w0d and 13w6d, because that is when the fluid at the back of the neck is transparent enough to do the measurements.

@SunshineMCC @Marionberry: Do you know about the blood tests, and whether they affect the waiting time for the results?

34. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Astro Bee: you're right that there are two parts to the blood test. I'll have to ask my friend when she usually hears back.

35. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Jenn23: Welcome to the board, and congratulations! April will be here before we all know it!

36. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: yay for the heartbeat! This is the first week we didn't have an u/s, and it's hard not having that reassurance, but our doc moved us to appointments every 2 weeks now - so our next one is next Thursday and I'm so excited/nervous for it!

@loki: I so hope you have twins! I can't wait for your appointment!

@Astro Bee: so sorry you're not feeling well - I hope the bus ride won't be too bad once you're back to work! I hear you about being nervous on the NT scan and results - I'm there too, but I have faith that all will be well. It'll be so great for you to see your little one!

@NeekieRose: oh my gosh, hearing the hearbeat is amazing! What did it sound like? I know that's silly, but my only experience with that is on TV or the movies! So glad you'll be able to find out the gender on a timeframe that works for you! What is a home doppler? Does it allow you to hear the heartbeat at home??? Do tell!

37. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Marionberry: Thanks! I'll keep everyone posted for when I find out, but it will probably not be for 3 weeks (my us date + 1 w).

38. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: ooh, good question. I didn't realize there were two parts of the blood test - is the second part a separate test? We are actually doing the MaterniT21 test at the same time at the screening test/scan. My doc said that he'll tell us the results of the scan right away, but then call us with the blood test results in a week. I know we're jumping the gun a bit in doing both at the same time, but we know we'll want to do them, so the doc suggested just doing both at the same time - the screening and the actual testing. They also said that if there's anything that needs explanation, then they'll call us to set up an appt. to discuss - which totally freaks me out!

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

thanks guy. i'm really hoping my dr will let me do the NT scan at 11 weeks... not sure what else i'll be having done at the same time? need to get some clarification at my appt on monday. i really want the results back by 12 weeks because my birthday is a couple days later and i'll be seeing so many friends/family in that week and i'd love to be able to share the news in person. but we'll see.

40. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Astro Bee: DH is already in charge of cleaning the bathrooms and the kitchen, and with some minimal reminding from me, he has continued to be good about it since I've been pregnant. He's got that upper body strength that helps him scrub much harder than I can, so he can do those jobs in half the time it would take me. I've been slacking on my usual jobs, since vacuuming is so draining, and I've barely been able to keep up with mealplanning/cooking since nothing appeals to me and I'm so tired every evening. We're making it work though - except that the dog fur all over the floors is starting to drive me crazy.

All the talk of ultrasounds is very exciting! Yeah our practice doesn't give anybody an ultrasound before the NT scan unless there's a medical reason, so my history of miscarriage got me one at 6 weeks. We have our first regular prenatal appointment on Monday so I guess that will be bloodwork, urine, pap, that whole deal. Not nearly as exciting.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee