Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: well then i guess it's not an issue for us... i'd have to wait until 20 weeks anyways so my husband could be there! i'm kinda glad they won't offer because i'm naughty and would be so tempted to find out and just not tell him haha. sorry you're feeling so sick. i'm with you there. i am considering asking for zofran instead of diclectin becuase the diclectin doesn't seem to be working for me anymore... but maybe it's pointless if the zofran isn't working for you! i keep praying i'm gonna wake up and have turned a corner but no suck luck yet wish you weren't going through it too!

2. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: Oh def ask for the zofran, it's way better than the diclectin! I think the prob with serious morning sickness is that things work for a while and then stop working, so the zofran worked from like 5 weeks til now, and I maybe need to change it up again. Last pregnancy I switched between metaclopramide and diclectin when they would stop working. But nothing like, totally works, you know? Like I don't ever feel awesome or anything, just like, able to choke down some food. And I never did feel good at all my whole last pregnancy, which was very difficult for me because I kept expecting too, hahaha. The first time I felt good was the morning after LO was born. I was the happiest girl on the pp ward. Also I was super disappointed my first pregnancy because all the American ladies were finding out the gender at 12 weeks so I was super hopeful that we would get an early peek, and they were like "no we don't do that here". I would be tempted too - I am really nosy like that.

3. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: ok definitely gonna call my dr about zofran then! telling me you felt awful your whole pregnancy just made me so sad. everyone keeps promising me it'll go away in second trimester but i feel like with my luck... not likely. i just really want to be able to eat healthy and workout and feel better about everything!!! right now, it's impossible!!!

4. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: yeah, not to be a downer or anything, because it totally might go away (and usually it doesn't go away until closer to 16 weeks than 12 when it's bad), but sometimes it doesn't. I think the hardest thing about my last pregnancy was believing that getting better was just around the corner and then it just not happening. It was SO frustrating to hit a new milestone where it was supposed to be better, and then... nothing. It's actually a lot easier to cope with this pregnancy knowing that it won't get better, and that I am looking at a 40 week process. But yeah, with my first, I kept imagining this great rebound where I was going to be able to eat again, and work out, and look super cute and glowy and instead I was like a grey lump of lethargic sickness the whole time. This pregnancy I bought some new make up and baggier shirts, and am just faking it!

5. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: ok that needs to be my outlook then too. i feel like i keep counting down to better days that never come. i'll just resign myself to misery from now until april... and hopefully i'll eventually get on board with the "it's all worth it!" mindset once i meet the babe. haha.

6. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: hahaha I did NOT think it was worth it at any point during my first pregnancy. I was like "it had BETTER BE worth it".

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: i say that to my husband often. so... was it worth it??? i mean, you're doing it again! so it must be, right?!

8. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: I def felt the morning after she was born that it was totally 100% worth it and I immediately got baby fever again. And I NEVER thought I would be that person. But yeah, I was immediately that person. And it's weird but the memory of how terrible severe morning sickness is really does fade quite a lot. And this pregnancy, although it is very slowly grinding by (I thought subsequent pregnancies were supposed to fly by?) I feel much more like it is worth it, which is helpful to get through it!

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Just updating now that I got my nuchal scan scheduled. Just one week to go. Yay!

Next Appointment
    9/24 - Lulu22 - NT Scan, As Time Goes By
    9/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    9/30 – NeekieRose (#2)
    10/1 - marionberry (#2, twins) - NT Scan
    10/02 - Banana330 - NT Scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan, marionberry (#2, twins)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee, Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

10. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Anyone else having random, sudden, intense nausea and/or vomiting?

I had several days where I just felt persistently vaguely queasy all day. Kinda like a hangover.

But, most of the time I've felt fine except when I very suddenly don't. I was feeling fine. Had dinner. Then knew I needed to vomit *right* *now*. Felt fine immediately afterwards. Now trying a second attempt at dinner.

11. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@lilyofthewest: that's how my last pregnancy was but for reason that didn't start until the third tri for me.

12. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

My NT scan went really well today! All the measurements were in the normal range and everything was looking great.... we also found out... its a boy! the tech said she was 80% sure and then the dr came in and said "there's really no need to give a disclaimer, it's very obvious its a boy!" DH was VERY excited and we are planning on telling our families we are pregnant this weekend!

13. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: I am totally thinking about nursery ideas too now! The baby's room is currently my office (I telecommute) but I will be leaving my job to be a stay at home mom once the baby is here so we will be converting it into a nursery. We probably won't paint because we rent, but I'm thinking of putting up some fun removable wallpaper... ahhhh so very exciting!

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@lilyofthewest: I generally just feel hungover. However, this morning when changing a diaper, I had such intense nausea. I felt bad having to run away from my daughter to puke. I hope you're feeling better soon!

@SunshineMcC: @ineebee: @lulu22: congratulations ladies on your boy news! It's crazy people can find out so early!

Oh ladies, I have bad constipation. So bad I'm spotting from the straining and starting to panic. I will also admit to eating a jar of strained prunes we had in the cupboard. I don't remember having this last time. UGH!

15. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: oh congratulations!!! So so exciting! Can't wait to hear how it goes this weekend!

16. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: yay for another boy! So happy for you ! Glad to hear your appointment went well! Removable wallpaper sounds neat! I've also seen some wall decals too that are really cool. So fun!!!

@delight: so sorry to hear this! Apple juice and shredded wheat have helped me, as I was having the same issue, sometimes for days. Hoping you get some relief soon!

@lilyofthewest: ugh , sorry you're feeling so crummy. Hoping you feel better soon!

17. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@delight: I take fiber gummies daily and drink a half caff mocha daily. The combo totally works to keep me regular. I had horrible constipation last pregnancy when I wasn't doing this so I feel your pain.

@lulu22: Congrats on your son! All boys on the board so far!

18. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@delight: Ugh, it is horrible. I am so gassy and constipated. I just went out and bought prune juice and prune baby food. Also, I bought some fruit and veggie baby food to try and get a little more in me.

19. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lulu22: Congratulations, hooray for a boy!

I feel so bad for you guys who are having such bad sickness. Mine hasn't been nearly that bad and I'm tentatively hopeful it may be starting to fade for good now that I'm just days away from the second trimester.

We got the blood results from the first trimester screen back today and all is well! I'm so excited. We have let our parents know that it's time to start telling relatives. This is getting real y'all.

20. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Got a call today to schedule my first appt with my prenatal care provider/deliverer. (I still think it's silly that you call them, and then they call you back a week or so later to book your appt, but that's how they do it there). The doctor came highly recommended by my regular doc, as well as a friend who had two deliveries by her - one 4 days after she herself gave birth. She just came to the hospital to check up on my friend, and ended up delivering her son. It's an hour long appt (2nd tri), but I'm not sure what to expect. Should I invite DH?

Next Appointment
    9/24 - Lulu22 - NT Scan, As Time Goes By
    9/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    9/30 – NeekieRose (#2)
    10/1 - marionberry (#2, twins) - NT Scan
    10/02 - Banana330 - NT Scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan, Astro Bee
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan, marionberry (#2, twins)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee, Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

21. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@lulu22: Yay for a baby boys!! It's so great to be able to refer to him as "him" although I keep saying "it" still.

@delight: Oh, I hear you about the constipation!! I've had a few bouts of it, but it was the worst at 6w. Like, extremely uncomfortable. I've been also taking fiber gummies, drinking lots of water, taking walks/exercising, and...assuming the squat position. You've heard of this, right? Propping your feet up while you're on the toilet so that your knees are higher, which makes your intestines line up better so that stuff can flow more freely and without strain!

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2010/08/dont_just_sit_there.html

The article doesn't mention constipation, but it can be assumed. Really good stuff! Hope it gets better for you.

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@ineebee: I'm glad I'm not the only one that calls the baby "it" before knowing the gender lol

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: so exciting! another boy!!! so jealous you can be a stay at home mom... i would LOVE that.

@delight: i just find i NEVER go anymore... probably because i don't eat enough/keep enough down but it's very bad.

@Astro Bee: i would totally make my husband come. but maybe that's just me? haha.

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@delight: I had it a couple of weeks ago, it sucks. I swear i'm more scared of being constipated than puking. I started taking stool softeners for a few days, then found eating apples and apple sauce has helped since then. but I wouldn't hesitate to add them back in if I needed to.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Astro Bee: I actually asked my midwife if it was worth it for him to come. She said she'll try to hear the heartbeat with the doppler but if he didn't want to come I can record it with my phone. She said the next one would be better because it should be the results of all the screenings. I'd just ask. I didn't bring him to the first appointment, as we had both just done it a few months earlier so figured he'd remember.

One week til my NT can't wait! My sickness is weird this time. It's opposite of last time. Last time i'd puke first thing early in the morning and then slowly feel better by evening. Now i'm fine in the morning but slowly get worse so by dinner time I can't even walk in the kitchen without vomiting.

26. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: that is me exactly. i think i feel okay-ish in the morning because i take my pills at night... but by just after lunch, i'm a mess. and now i do all my puking at night... last night i went to bed at 730 because i just felt so sick! i would almost rather just recover throughout the day!!!

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: ya it's frustrating cause evening is when we have time to cook/clean and heaven forbid I want to go out and see people. I was feeling really sick in the evening a few weeks ago I had a two hour nap then managed to go to the bar feeling ok. It's almost like sleep resets the sick feeling.

28. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

My appointment yesterday went really well! Baby was very active and kept trying to push the Doppler away but the midwife managed to measure the heartbeat at 160bpm. I feel a huge wight has been lifted since I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. I couldn't hold it in and started telling coworkers

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Ya Boy!

@As Time Goes By: That's great! The heartbeat is so reassuring.

30. Mrs. Sunshine

@As Time Goes By: how exciting to get to tell coworkers!

Is anyone else already experiencing round ligament pain? (If you don't know, it's almost a feeling like you pulled a muscle in the lower part of your abdomen, like right where your bump is or will be.) I had it with my first but not until probably mid-second tri. If I get up the wrong way or roll over in bed a certain way it hurts so bad. & while I see a little protrusion, I really don't have a bump yet so I don't know why I'm getting it so early!

31. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: Yahhh for another boy! This is very similar to how my last due date group was with gender. I was the only one that found out early with a girl, all the other early genders were boys!

32. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm not getting the round ligament pains yet, but I did get pretty bad tailbone pain last time and that is already starting. Ugh.

33. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Thank you everyone for all the wishes! It is so nice to be able to celebrate each other's good news on this board!

@delight: I hear you on the rectal spotting I get this all the time, even before I was pregnant and even when I'm not that constipated. I've seen the dr about it in the past (multiple times!) and I've been told I just have skin that tears easily. Switching from soap to body wash helped a little bit. It is very unnerving when you are pregnant though. Usually I have the opposite problem to constipation so I think as soon as things start to firm up even just a little bit, it's a shock to the system. As others have said, prunes and apple sauce help as well as just generally eating lots of fruit and veg.

@ineebee: yes, so nice to know it is a 'he' but we are not telling the gender (we want it to be a surprise!) so we are still saying 'it' most of the time so we don't accidentally slip up! I know I will slip up though, I am the worst at hiding information. haha.

@As Time Goes By: congrats on the good appointment! I know what you mean by that 'weight' being lifted... it is so reassuring to know that the little one is doing well in there!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I THINK I might be getting ligament pain, but I am not really sure because what I'm feeling comes in short pangs... I mostly get it at night but sometimes in the day. It is a similar sensation to a muscle being pulled but perhaps it's just crampy twinges for me though...

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: i sometimes get pain that i was wondering if it's RLP... the other day i coughed hard and it felt like i pulled a muscle in that region!

@NeekieRose: ughhhh i have this and it's BRUTAL. i have a really long commute on the train and it's soooo sore... people probably think i'm nuts because i can't get comfortable, i'm constantly moving around trying to shift the pain.

35. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: yes it's quick for me too. If I move a certain way it's like a stabbing or sharp pulling sensation & then it's mostly gone but it usually takes me a minute to recover lol

36. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@NeekieRose: yes, I suspect it is a bit easier to tell a boy early on!? I'm nervous about telling DH's family this weekend because his dad is an OB (well, used to be, before he retired to primary care) so I am really nervous to show him photos because I'm sure he will be able to 'tell' and we want to keep it a surprise! So DH and I are planning on showing headshots only but then I suspect he will get suspicious about that anyway! haha.

37. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: I thought it would be easier to tell with a boy, but apparently seeing the "three lines" is a dead give away for a girl, and that may be easier to see? I totally expected "it's a girl" to be determined by the lack of boy parts and was surprised that wasn't the case!

Do you have any pictures that are full body but not crotch shots? Will your family know that you guys found out the gender? Because you can just tell them you don't have any pictures of the crotch because you want to be surprised.

38. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: yeah, get the uncomfortable tailbone pain sometimes and other times it's a sharp pain that is even worse.

39. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: YES! that is exactly what I have. Stabbing/pulling is a good description. I've worked out that certain sleep positions make it much worse. At the moment I sleep with 3 pillows- one for me head, one between my legs and one that I sort of 'cuddle' to keep my torso upright. It works well until I start to toss and turn and then the pillows slip out and the pains start... I really need to get a proper pregnancy pillow!

do any 2nd time moms have recs for good pregnancy pillows? There are so many to choose from! I need something that goes between my legs but also supports my torso so I don't 'slump'!

40. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: ooo i don't have the sharp pain, that sounds awful

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee