Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Banana330: Sorry about the cold, nothing is worse then not feeling well I had a really severe case of food poisoning last week and had the same rib issue, even now if I move the wrong way it is sooooo painful.

@loki: I feel you on the migraines. I have one today and I am just hoping that the snow starts soon because then the pressure should improve and maybe it will go away. Tylenol is a complete joke, I am used to taking something much stronger. Have you ever tried salt and vinegar chips, it always gives me some relief....I have no idea why but it was suggested by a friend of mine and it actually works!

2. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

I had my baby shower on Sunday and I have spent the last few days trying to go through all the stuff we got and decide what I want to return/exchange and what else I still need to purchase. I spent last night sorting though all the clothes and cloth diapers we got and I found it sooo exhausting, the fatigue is back in full force and I am dreading our move in early March!

3. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mrswin: The rib pain is crazy! sorry you had it too! My shower's not for another month or so.. I'm having such a hard time resisting buying stuff while it's on sale!

4. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@mrswin: ya a lot of my friends have been having headaches/migraines this week so i totally think it's the weather/pressure. that is so funny about salt & vinegar chips... unfortunately i hate them! haha. but crazy that it works for you. at least there's something.

so you got lots of stuff from your shower? that is so exciting, can't wait for mine! i'm also having trouble resisting like @Banana330... i'm totally nesting so i just want to have everything i need ready to go! did most people stick to your registry? post pictures from your shower if you want to share!!!

5. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@mrswin: Yay for baby shower! How was it?

I'm battling something totally not pregnancy related -- a nasty, lingering stomach virus. Seriously, it is not pretty. But what's worse is that it won't go away! It started Saturday afternoon and it's already Thursday. The rest I got the past two snow days has helped, but now it's back to work, and I feel really bad using the bathroom here... (TMI). I think I might see a doctor tomorrow if it's not gone by then.

On a pregnancy-related note, I had my first baby dream. I dreamt that the baby was born, and I was keeping it in the nursery. But I kept forgetting to feed it! Three days went by and I realized that I needed to go feed it, but for some reason I wasn't! I wonder if it's related to my stomach virus and me wondering if the little guy is getting any nutrients while I'm sick.

6. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@ineebee: It sounds like everyone is suffering non-pregnancy related stuff right now! I'm just doing my best not to pee a little every time I sneeze! Hope you feel better soon!

@loki: I'm not sure how much I'll actually get off my registry, as my shower hosts have decided to collect money towards gift cards. I kinda hate opening presents in front of people, so it's probably for the best, but part of me was hoping people would buy off the registry.

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: yes i'm with you! opening gifts is aaaawkward. gift cards is such a nice idea. my friends are all chipping in and buying my glider (yay!) so i'm happy about that for my friend's shower but i'm really hoping the family shower people stick to the registry. we have purchased all the big essentials, i just want people to buy the smaller stuff that will just be annoying to go out and shop for. i'm hoping i don't get a ton of clothes! when i was in costa rica they had a little mini shower for me there and EVERYONE bought clothes, most of which were seasonally inappropriate. so we'll see. i sound so ungrateful and i promise i'm not, just hoping to get practical things we need!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I know how you feel, I've already bought all the main big things, so really i only need the small stuff, but it adds up! Hopefully you can regift some of the clothes to other people who might be more seasonally appropriate!

9. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: ya i need more friends to have girls... everyone i know is having boys, except me! maybe my girl will just be huge and she'll fit into that 9m bathing suit this summer

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: My friends 3 month old is already in 6-9 month clothing.. so you never know! plus you can always use it for swim lessons/indoor swimming come winter!

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Or she may be small and fit into the 9 month next summer? Reagan is 15 months (today!) and she is still wearing 9-12 month size.

12. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: @NeekieRose: totally true. it's so hard to predict what sizes she'll be in so i'm hanging on to everything! i'm so nervous she's going to be a surprise boy after all because everything we have is SOOOOOOOOO GIRLIE haha.

13. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Oh, DH has said it will be the best thing ever if the baby comes out and is actually a boy. I am actually hoping for one more ultrasound (maybe a position check?) so they can confirm for us again.

14. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Banana330: @ineebee: oh no! I am sorry to hear you are both sick! get well soon! being sick when pregnant is miserable.

@loki: @Banana330: I also hear you about having a hard time resisting buying stuff before the baby shower! I'm a very organized person so I just want to get it all sorted asap but my shower is not till the last weekend of feb. To be honest though, my registry contains a lot of items for 'later' anyway - I've registered for lots of books (I'm a HUGE children's literature advocate!) wooden toys, cloth diapers and also feeding/eating supplies.. this way I've been able to buy more of the 'immediate needs' myself so I know they are covered. I've not registered for ANY clothes or soft toys at all as I know I will get lots sent from friends and family overseas.

@ineebee: I've been having baby dreams too, and some of them are weird! the other night I had a dream that my house was really really messy and my baby got LOST underneath all the mess and disappeared forever. I told my sister the next day and she was like "oh yeah, that actually happens on those hoarder reality tv shows where they find dead pets under all the piles of junk". Thanks sis my house isn't even messy! haha. Must be part of the nesting urge... I also have some nice dreams though, including little flashes of what he looks like - can't wait to see if they are accurate!

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: haha omg just thinking about it increases my blood pressure. i would be happy with a boy but... all the clothes we have and our nursery... we would be screwed! at least since you already have a girl you probs haven't purchased A TON so a boy wouldn't be a disaster. it would just take me a long time to get over that surprise... at least our name problem would be solved haha.

16. loki

pear / 1787 posts

is anyone doing maternity photos? i have mine this upcoming saturday and i have nooooooooo idea what to wear. i had ordered a maxi skirt for the indoor shots but it won't arrive on time so now i'm scrambling trying to figure something else cute out.

also my skin is the worst it has ever been. this little girl is stealing my beauty, aggressively. so hoping it clears up before the weekend!

how is everyone else doing? i'm still not feeling 100%... really exhausted and sore and just blah... still not sleeping and starting to get pretty bad nausea at night again

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: No photos for me, I hate how I look right now.. no cute bump just feel wide. I hate even having some shots taken by DH. I have found my bump comes and goes. On the weekend it looked small, today it's huge.

My hip/back pain is constant, and it's making sleep uncomfortable coupled with the continues cold i've had all month it's less fun than I hoped for. My physio has order an SI belt which i'm hoping will work. Although walking in the snow this morning was awful, thank goodness for a massage after work.

My nausea came back, but I think it was heartburn related started taking Zantac, and it's gone again. might be worth a try. I didn't feel super heartburny either but it works!

18. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: oh amazing tip because i feel like i have crazy reflux. no heartburn but disgustingggg reflux when i lie down. maybe i should get an SI belt too. let me know how you like it when it comes in. because my back/SI pain is brutal. and ya walking in the snow was treacherous! my boots have zero grip and i was so scared i was going to bail!

i also haaaate how i look. but i feel like i'll regret it one day if i don't get some. i'm hoping to talk to my photographer about my insecurities and see if she can make me look better than i feel.

19. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@Banana330: @loki: @ineebee: The shower was really nice. My mom hosted and she did a great job. I am really uncomfortable with being the centre of attention so showers are usually torture for me but I toughed it out. The only downside was I was still not feeling 100% from the food poisoning I had on the Thursday before.

For the most part everyone stuck to my registry but there were a couple of people that went rogue but not a huge deal. We got all of our cloth diapers (!) from some of my girlfriends and sisters which was awesome! The only thing I ended up buying before the shower was a breast pump because it was on sale and I didn't have it on my registry anyway.

Any other Canadian ladies know what the deal is with BRU not offering a completion discount on registry's

20. mrswin

nectarine / 2433 posts

@loki: No maternity photos here either. I am not a fan of how I look right now so I am skipping them totally.

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: I don't think I will be doing maternity photos this time, but I did last time. Here are a couple of my favorites. It was just a "mini shoot" so 30 minutes and we got like 10-15 photos (digital files). I think I was 36 weeks pregnant...so quite pregnant. I am really glad we did them.

22. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@mrswin: Sounds like an awesome shower. and it's great you got lots off you're registry. I doubt i will. I think people are putting money in for gift cards, so at least I won't have to return stuff!

I actually made a babylist registry, instead of a local store/BRU because I found that you can get sales elsewhere better than the completion discounts, if they offer them at all. Plus the stuff I wanted wasn't all available at one store.

23. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: @loki: I've been hitting up the tums pretty hardcore. Couple before bed each night and after most meals. And I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable in general. Definitely walking a lot slower, although I don't think I'm waddling!

24. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: so cute! thanks for sharing. I wish my DH could come maternity photos are a lot nicer with both responsible parties involved, I think haha. But it'll just be me! I was worried it would be too soon because I'm only 31 weeks but I find my belly always looks bigger in pictures so I'm hoping it's okay.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: ya, I was taking tums all the time, but it wasn't cutting it. Zantac to the rescue!

26. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@mrswin: Yah for a great shower and people sticking mostly to the registry!

I just found out a couple weeks ago that two of my good friends are going to throw me a small, friends only sprinkle. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to have any kind of shower/sprinkle for this baby. I tried to add things to a registry but I literally cannot think of what we need. Another girls so close, we really have everything. I added a few pacifiers....

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: add stuff for you! massage, new nursing tank etc

28. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Well you can see I was pretty huge by that point! Most people get them closer to 30 weeks to capture more of the cute pregnancy than the "OMG, is she going to have that baby right now" look that I had. Ha

29. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

We did maternity pics last time so I feel we need to this time (no second kid syndrome). We have an appointment for lo forth birthday pictures, family and maternity pictures all at the same time. I am glad we had them from last time even though they aren't fantabulous. I can show lo when he was in my tummy.

30. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: a lady at work told me i'ms tarting to look pregnant from the back because i'm waddling. i was like noooooooooooo!!!! so lovely of your friends. maybe think of stuff you need two of? i got my friend who just had a second girl another sound machine/white noise machine and she said it's been a life saver to have two since her older LO still uses hers nightly. stuff like that?

@mrswin: so nice your shower was lovely! i can't wait for my friends shower but am kinda dreading my family one haha.

31. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: I'm not doing maternity photos (it was hard enough to convince DH to do newborn photos!) and I have NO IDEA what I would wear if I was. Sorry I am no help. My skin is also awful, I have terrible pregnancy acne all over my chin and neck. I told DH on the weekend that it looks like I have a beard of pimples - of course he said it doesn't look like that at all, but he is just being nice. If I try to cover up the acne with make up the breakouts become 3 times as bad so I just have to live with it.

@NeekieRose: your photos are so cute! love the one of you out in the field.

@mrswin: glad your shower was good! I am also nervous about being the center of attention and opening presents in front of people! Glad it was ok for you.

Is anyone else suffering from finger/hand swelling? My fingers are like little sausages and I can no longer wear my rings.... at night I often wake up with a completely numb hand and it takes lots of wriggling for the feeling to come back. Even when the swelling isn't too bad my fingers and hands just feel stiff and achy... I'm wondering if I might have carpal tunnel...

32. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I get it in my right thumb.. i've had my rings off for ages, but my thumb gets pretty sore some days. Icing helps. If it gets really bad you can buy braces.

33. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@brownie: we did pics last time and I'm feeling the same way about this time. Like it would be unfair not to do them. Thankfully my best friend does photography on the side so I bet I can just get her to snap a few and call it good lol DH REALLY hates pictures.

@loki: I did mine at 30 weeks and I love love love them. Ladies, your bodies are doing beautiful work, that's something to be proud of!

@lulu22: I have (self diagnosed) carpal tunnel and it's killer sometimes I want to cry.

I'm also have a lot of SI/hip pain. When my SI is really bad I feel it radiate down my whole leg and it feels really bad in my knee and arch of my foot too. I'm also very very tired and so I have trouble being a nice person by the end of the day. I whine a lot. lol I'm really working on quitting that because I'm sure DH is tired of hearing it but I just feel like I can barely move but when he does physical labor all day and my kid throws her dinner all over the kitchen I have no choice to keep going so our home doesn't turn into a dump lol I'm having a much harder time this time around.

34. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I am just SO CRABBY too. Like a monster. I want to complain all day and all night.

I didn't do photos last pregnancy, and I am slightly tempted to this pregnancy, just because I have been so malnourished the whole time with the HG, I actually look pretty darn skinny pregnant. I was joking with my friend the other day that I would be pretty pleased with how this pregnancy was looking on me if it wasn't a result of starvation. So yeah, pretty bad reason overall to get maternity pics! Last pregnancy my rings were off at 20 weeks. This pregnancy my rings are falling off my fingers.

35. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Rockies11: Ha, or that's just seeing the positive! Sorry you are still feeling so sick, but you should definitely get some pics done!

36. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: i mean i guess that's one amazing benefit to HG! silver lining! haha. as much as i was miserable for the first 20 weeks, i lost 12 lbs and i think that's helped me keep my weight under control so i'm a bit thankful! but definitely not feeling skinny haha.

37. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I'm trying to remember everyone's comments from reading them yesterday instead of going back up and re-reading them so sorry that I'm not tagging the right people. I have 5 mins before heading out for another meeting.

I took maternity pictures at 30 weeks last time and I looked like a porker in them. I did get a few really nice ones that didn't focus on my face and those are really special to me. I'm not planning on taking maternity photos this time but y'all have me feeling bad that I'm skimping on the twins. At least they'll have regular photos of my fat belly, lol.

I had a lot of swelling and carpal tunnel with my last pregnancy because of the heat but I haven't had much this time. Drink lots of water and it will help the swelling, but there's not much you can do about the carpal tunnel. Good news is they both go away quickly once the baby arrives.

Yesterday I had my 30 week appt and all looks good. I'm measuring 40 cm which means as big as all of you will get at the end. It's hard to believe I'll be closer to 50cm by the time this is done. This morning the gas station attendant told me I looked like I must be ready to have the baby any day - I told her it I still had 2 months to go because I'm having twins, but the whole thing left me feeling fat.

I've been having small bouts of cramping - they last for about 30 to 45 mins typically but they never repeat, so my doctor doesn't seem to think it's of any concern. I try to relax but it's really hard when you've got a little one climbing on everything. Anyone else dealing with painful BH/cramping lately?

@neekierose: We added a lot of diapers, bottles, nipples, shampoo, etc. since we'd bought most of the big things. I've also added some extra carriers. I created a babylist registry so I'm hoping someone looks at it/uses it and just brings me meals or babysits. That's more useful than anything. And @loki: the sound machine was a great idea! We made sure to buy a second one for this nursery too.

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: i've been having a lot of braxton hicks lately. nothing alarming or painful but i feel like i cramp up every time i go from sitting to standing or getting out of the car or anything like that. it kinda stops me in my tracks and isn't uncomfortable but isn't horrible. i'll mention it to the OB on tuesday and i'm trying to drink more water in the meantime.

can't believe you're measuring 40cm! that is so cute. you look amazing so don't take what the gas attendant said to heart... no one assumes "twins!" but it must be so fun telling people you are, in fact, housing two babes.

and ya i'm worried about my face looking super chubby. i honestly just want like one nice silhouette of my belly to frame for the baby's nursery and i'll be happy. i told my dh this morning i'm gonna ask my photographer to photoshop me within an inch of my life. so we'll see! haha.

39. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: Well at least there's a tiny upside to all the suffering!

@marionberry: At least you can say yes i'm having twins and don't just look huge for no reason!

@loki: I've been getting those for a while, when they first started I found them weird, now i barely notice them.

I had my 30 week appointment today, and the midwife thinks the baby is breech. It's not an issue now but they are going to check it at each appointment and ran down the options if she won't turn. I am getting lots of kicks/movements low down which now makes sense.

40. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: The key is to have few up close shots of your face and to do many pictures from faraway or with you not looking. Most maternity photographers already know this though. I just happened to have a friend who takes wedding photos do mine and he wasn't so familiar with the best practices. I'm sure your photos will turn out lovely regardless!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee