Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@AMommyThang: fantastic! I get my glucose test results this week.

2. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Ladies, is it weird to put a baby name list together for those that are all set? Or does that happen once the LOs arrive?

3. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@AMommyThang: congrats on passing the glucose test!

I'll have mine 2/4 at 28 weeks. Why do I feel like that's so late compared to everyone else?

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Personally, I think its fine to add their names

4. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: that's great!!

5. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Sorry, I'm being really thick here - what's a baby name list?

@JennyLayneAZ: I had mine at 28 weeks when I was pregnant with#1. It was only earlier this time because I had GD last time.

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: oh, ok that makes sense then!

7. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

So, fun and games here. Yesterday I had my check-up and LO had her 3 year pediatrics appt. As I am providing the desired specimen, little girl looks at me and says "mommy is peeing in a cup? That's awkward." Yes, yes it is. Out of the mouth of babes.....

8. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: the baby name's list would be similar to our due date/ sex list.

9. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MaisyMay: LOL

10. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: ah that makes sense! Sure I love baby names @Cherrybee: I was confused too!

11. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Ahh, I see! On here! Yes, you could do. That might be fun! We are 75% set on Lorelei but there is definite doubt and we have no middle name ideas yet.

12. MaisyMay

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: our little guy is going to be Samuel Jay.

13. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: mine will be around then too. I had it tested early since I had GD with my last pregnancy but since I passed I'll have it checked again at Week 28 - they'll likely schedule me for Feb 1.

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Baby Name Roll Call

4/3: BandDmommy: Carrick
    4/5: @Scurbro: , AMommyThang: Waylon, PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay: Samuel
    4/10: @Rinna9: , GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime: August
    4/18: MrsRoo: Kennedy , Canoli:
    4/19: JH524:
    4/20: @AKCoffeeBean:
    4/21: @Lauraeva: , Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ: Piper
    4/24: Bloved: Nathaniel , BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee: Lorelei

If you have decided please let me know and I will add your baby's first name.

15. rinna9

pea / 18 posts

Wow, I definitely fell off the face of the HelloBee planet for a while! We're having a girl and we're set on her first name, but still trying to figure out a middle name that fits. Her name will be Margot. Thanks @Mrs. Lemon-Lime for the check in!

16. lauraeva

coffee bean / 26 posts

Hello mamas! I also fell off the Hellobee radar a little bit! I had hyperemesis till 18 weeks, and looking at the computer made it much worse. I'm also in school doing a Masters degree, so not much time left for fun online. I'll be better in 2016, I promise!
    We are team green over here. We were surprised with our first (A girl, now 2.5), and are looking forward to being surprised again. My due date changed after my first ultrasound-April 19 now. We've decided that baby will be William James if a boy, or Anna Victoria if a girl. Our daughter was born at home, and we plan to have this baby at home too. We're very fortunate to have a team of wonderful midwives and an OB who are supportive of home births.

17. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rinna9: love Margot!!
    @lauraeva: hope you're feeling better! Love both names 😊

18. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@rinna9: Nice name pick!

@lauraeva: aww classic names! Are you working and earning a masters? DH is a masters program drop out. Apparently working and my pregnancy was too overwhelming for him. Your kiddos will be so proud of when they you graduate.

19. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Starting to buy some new baby items for little brother!! It's so exciting ! Look how stinkin cute and small these are!!
    I love love love the side snap shirts for lo so I'm getting more and looking forward to these side snap long sleeved bodysuits.
    Have you been buying anything lately for your new arrival?

20. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: they are so cute! Love love love the side snap too. I haven't bought anything because I already have 2 boys and can't think of anything else (clothing wise) that we need. Now want on the other hand is a totally different story😉

21. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: so cute! I don't think I had any side snap with my son (except the hospital onesies). Where did you get?

When we found out the gender we did a mini shopping "spree" of the Gymboree clearance section. I've also bought a matching big brother /little brother shirt and onesie. Other than that, nothing else bc this kid is going to have a lot of hand-me-downs.

22. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@bloved: I got them, a 3 pack, from Carters.

23. MaisyMay

@jh524: Walmart and target have had some good clearance sales the last few weeks, so Sammy had gown a lot of clothes. When cute onsies that look like daddy's pilots are just $2.50, how do you resist? Plus we got some nursery stiff, a shelf, rug and curtains.

Anybody getting gear yet? We got a second hand swing and rock'n'play for just $40 a few months ago. Last week was a snap'n'go for $30, and today a few bouncer. I love the fb groups for kids gear right now.

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: I love the dark color of the onesie all laid out.

@MaisyMay: You're winning on the gear front. For us no gear purchases yet. I signed up for FB just to join a BST group and so far no luck. I don't have the urge yet to load up on stuff, but kind of feel now is the time.

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: super cute!
    @MaisyMay: we have just about everything. Stroller, extra car seat, pack n play, rock n play, swing, high chair, bouncer, play mat thingy... we have way too much. My husband is a over preparer lol and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. Our nursery is pretty much ready to go too. Once I decorate I will post pics.

26. MaisyMay

@JennyLayneAZ: that's right, we have the carseat and covers too.

27. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MaisyMay: We have the major stuff. A crib, car seat, stroller, cloth diapers and some clothes. I'm waiting until after my baby shower to purchase the other gear. I've gotten yelled at for buying stuff instead of just keeping it on my registry.

@jh524: Too cute! I live the side snaps too. I bought a few Burts Bees onesies that are like that!

@lauraeva: It's great that you are feeling better. Hooray for another team green baby on here!

My sister is going with me to my next ultrasound on Tuesday because my husband has a meeting. I told her if she didn't want to close her eyes during the part when they look below the waist she didn't have to, but she just has to keep her mouth shut for the next three months. This will be interesting.

28. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: so adorable! I love the side snaps. Going to have to pick some of those up once I wake up to the reality that I'm going to have another baby in 3 months

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: thank you for keeping up with our lists! Love the idea to put the names on there

We still need a few things- we need a new car seat/stroller and I have to locate our rock and play that was leant to someone. Poor baby number two, the crib isn't even assembled and the room isn't painted, but we've finally decided on a mint and coral garden theme for the nursery, so at least we're making tiny baby steps.

29. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Baby Name Roll Call

4/3: BandDmommy: Carrick
    4/5: Scurbro: , AMommyThang: Waylon, PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay: Samuel
    4/10: Rinna9: Margot , GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime: August
    4/18: MrsRoo: Kennedy , Canoli:
    4/19: JH524: Lauraeva: William or Anna
    4/20: AKCoffeeBean:
    4/21: Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ: Piper
    4/24: Bloved: Nathaniel , BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee: Lorelei

30. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@MrsRoo: I know! I can't believe it but I'm so excited! I'm enjoying getting ready for baby
    We have a few name possibilities but haven't decided yet. It's hard!!
    I've been drinking coffee everyday, which I never did with my first pregnancy, but it helps me get through the day. Anyone else drinking coffee?! From what I've read, it's completely safe. And it's a whole different story when your pregnant with a toddler! Lol

31. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: I have caffeine everyday, just not in coffee form. I switched to decaf coffee so I can enjoy my other favorite forms of caffeine: Tea and an afternoon Coke. You're right, it's a necessity to be caffeinated with a toddler.

32. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: like @MrsRoo: I am drinking decaf coffee daily so I can sneak other caffeine in as needed.

What is everyone doing about sleeping arrangements in the first few months? I used a rock n play with my first and it was great, but I know they are not recommended bc of the risk of sids. I also hate the thought of buying something new though since we know this our last kid (and we know it worked).

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I drink a cup of coffee every day. There's no way I'd be able to make it through work without it!

@bloved: I don't know where she is going to sleep at first! We have a cradle/swing and a rock n play. But I need her up higher off the ground than those two options. Otherwise my dogs will lick her to death lol we also have the pack n play or we may get a bassinet or something. I have no clue lol

34. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Well, the nursery is finished now and I've unpacked, washed, ironed and put away the baby clothes. There are so many, we really don't need any more. I did buy some socks, mitts and hats because we got rid of them last time. I've bought some new hooded towels and cot sheets, too, and some new muslins. But, yeah, no clothes to buy here .

I've started packing my hospital bag and have bought a few bits for that - new slippers, nappies (diapers).... I'm trying to figure out what to give birth in but I have no idea!!

35. rinna9

pea / 18 posts

I feel like we've bought a lot of stuff, but then when I look at it all I can see is the stuff we don't have! We have a crib/most of the nursery furniture and a stroller, and we know which car seat we're getting but haven't purchased it yet. We bought our glider and should have it in the next month hopefully. We're having two showers so I'm trying to figure out what sort of things people want to buy for you vs. what I'll need to buy myself, but they're in late February/early March so that should still give me plenty of time to stock up on anything that isn't purchased.

As far as sleeping, it makes me super nervous to have her outside of our room, plus I'm hoping to breastfeed, so I'm planning on getting some sort of co-sleeping/bedside bassinet (love the idea of the Halo Bassinest - anyone used it?). We also have two dogs so I'll need her up off the ground while they get used to having her around.

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

For initial sleeping/ room sharing, we're getting the Babyhome bassinet for the few-six months. The legs come in three positions- stationery, gentle rocking, and with wheels to move it from room to room.

37. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

So I had something new happen last night. I got home and went straight to the bathroom ( I had been holding it for a good hour), came out to assist my 3 year old with something..and GUSH.. I went back to the bathroom and wiped and it was clear or clean..whatever gushed out had went through my jeans but that was it nothing after that.... I am assuming it was just random discharge?! Anyone experience this? This pregnancy is a whole 360 difference from my first. *28 weeks + 1* 76 days to go

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: how did it smell? Sweet or like pee?

39. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

My first two pregnancies I avoided caffeine. But with a 13 month old and 3 year old it's a necessity. My 13 month old just started part time daycare today. I work part time from home and we had been making it work but now that she's older she really needs social interaction. I'm sad but know it's best for her. She didn't even realize I left she was having so much fun.

40. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Idk I didn't smell it! My mom asked me the same question. I guess if it happens again Ill make sure to sniff

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee