Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: overall no pain from baby. However, and this happened last pregnancy too, for whatever reason I get these horrible Charlie horses which are 100x worse than if I ever get them not pregnant. The pain literally makes me gasp or moan outloud and it takes so long for them to pass. I need to go stock up on bananas because supposedly that helps!

@auggiefrog: I have also had a cold/allergies most of this pregnancy. I actually had whooping cough for most of december. It is so annoying. Plus I teach on a second floor of a school that has a pretty steep staircase and I feel like I am winded everyday!

2. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@bloved: yes! The charlie horses were a doosy for me too. Eating bananas helped. My doctor recommended Tums or a calcium supplement and drinking water with electrolytes in it. I have switched to Smart Water and keep up the banana intake (4x/ week). So far very minimal leg cramps- maybe once every 10 days that can quickly be stretched out.

3. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: ooh! Thanks for the tip. I think I will go pick up smart water today!

4. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

I passed the glucose test!

Baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead , so I'm going in for another ultrasound next week.

Tonight we're having a little date night and going to a farm to table healthy eating restaurant. What's everyone doing this weekend?

5. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Congratulations on passing the GD test! Going to a farm to table restaurant sounds fun! We tried to go to as many restaurants/outings that we could before LO1 arrived that we knew would be more challenging to do afterwards.
    My brother and family are coming into town this weekend - it will be the first time my SIL has been here in over 2 years and I am super excited to have them visit.

6. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Hooray! How reassuring. Your date sounds nice.

As for me, I have a lesson plan on dinosaurs to put together for my kids by Monday. So it will be a working weekend for me.

7. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Yay! Exciting!

Our weekend is pretty boring. DH is working on Baby C's closet. Next weekend we have someone coming to paint our entire house, so I need to pick out paint colors. It's tax season and I'm a CPA so I'm working some this weekend. Fun, fun, fun...

8. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yay on passing the test and on date night! Sounds like a good start to the weekend.

Afm, lesson plans and grading. My mom very nicely offered to watch my son so I could get some done, but I may have started with a nap instead...

9. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@autumnleaves: @auggiefrog: @BandDmommy: @bloved: thanks ladies!

10. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Yay! Congratulations! Eat a cheese toastie for me!

11. rinna9

pea / 18 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime Congrats! I also found out I passed my GD test - such a relief!

When I had my appointment Thursday, my belly was actually measuring 4 weeks ahead. The midwife seemed a bit concerned so she scheduled me for a growth scan at 32 weeks. It seems like it's a bit imprecise (could be baby was in a weird position or just had a growth spurt) - I was measuring perfectly until this visit, so hopefully it goes back to normal by the next visit! Anyone else measure that far ahead at one point?

12. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @rinna9: congrats on passing your GD tests ladies!

@rinna9: I haven't measured ahead on my belly measurements but baby girl was measuring 11 days ahead at the anatomy scan. So, for now its a wait and see whether they'll do a growth scan later or not.

13. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hi ladies! So last week I had my glucose test and had the get a Rhogam shot. Hopefully I passed Id much rather eat a bunch of candy than drink that glucose drink. Yuck! I also got the nursery all ready to go, which is super exciting. I'm watching my friends 2 month baby girl for 2 weeks for a few hours a day, while she's working & while her hubby is gone. It's made me get everything ready so it's been great! I think it's also helping my son get use to having a new little person around so it's a win win. I'm literally using all the same nursery stuff and clothes for this baby. I hardly need anything, it's great! Saves money having same sex babies!
    I am switching to a new OB, and hospital for that matter, this week. It's giving me anxiety but I just need to do it.
    27 weeks today and baby boy is kicking me so hard, it's so fun to watch!
    Hope everyone's having a great MLK day today!

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@rinna9: yay! Congrats! @JennyLayneAZ: sounds like we all just have big babies

My MIL's youngest measured small her entire pregnancy and then came out much bigger. Who knows what size our babies will be when we birth them.

@jh524: I kind of liked the glucose juice it reminded me of summers with my cousins. They used to buy "fruit" juice at the corner stores. These grenade looking juices were brightly colored and sweet!

switching doctor's and hospitals. My doula and hypnobirth instructor both say it's never too late to find the right fit.

15. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

Just got some labwork back and my A1C (I'm type 2 diabetic) looks great, but my iron is on the pretty low end of normal, so it's time to add in an iron pill with my prenatal.

My next check up is tomorrow and it'll be nice to hear Sammy since I don't think it'll be an ultrasound.

When is your next appointment mums?

16. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MaisyMay: low iron over here too. I'm already taking anotes extra 65mg pill. My doctor told me to double up at this point. I'm also trying to eat more iron enriched foods in hopes my body absorbs that better. Twinsies on the next visit too . We have to see why Auggie is measuring two weeks ahead. I'm excited to see his little member for the first time. When I went back to the ultrasound place to find out the sex the tech wrote it on a card, but I didn't see the sonogram from the 20 week scan.

17. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: last pregnancy my iron came back low too. It was annoying to take the extra pill, but thankfully no other difference that I noticed.

I had my glucose screening today! Holy moly did the drink make me jittery/manic. I don't remember having such a strong reaction to it last time. Hoping it's not a bad sign how much I felt it. I only feel like I am just now (after a whopper and fries :/) starting to feel more normal!

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I hope you're happy with your new doc and hospital.

My next appointment is 2/4. I'll have an ultrasound to check my cervix (make sure I'm still closed up tight), the dr appointment, and then my GD test. Fun times. Oh, and I'll find out whether my doc is still my doc or not. I checked the website and the other doctor isn't there anymore, and any mention of being an OB is gone also. So, obviously he's done taking new OB patients, I guess I'm holding out hope that he'll finish out with his current patients. If not, I've decided to find a doctor to deliver at the same hospital instead of the one by my house. I did some more research and the other hospital doesn't have a NICU. I'm not comfortable with Piper being transferred to another hospital if something is wrong! And my current hospital has a Level III NICU, so, I'll just keep going there!

@bloved: Good luck! I hope you passed!

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: just curious why are they checking cervix? Have you had pre term labor?

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BandDmommy: nope this is my first but I had abnormal cells removed years ago. Like a leep procedure but they called it a "cone" procedure. Not sure the difference...They lasered out the bad cells.

21. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

Well, had a good check up today, little man's heartbeat is stay, measuring on target. Next appt is at 32 weeks, so Feb 12. We will also do my first NST that day. If things look good we will do just 1 a week. Next ultrasound is a week after that to check measurements.

22. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Yesterday on exactly week 28 we had an ultrasound. Auggie is measuring 28W 6D, so not too alarming. We finally saw his little member- he's definitely a boy! Here's a pic of what appears to be him blowing bubbles, but it's the umbilical cord near his head.

23. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: adorable!!!

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: too cute!

25. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

Well ladies just did my glucose testing this morning. Please please please say I passed. I like sweets far too much to have to change my diet 😀

26. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Canoli:

27. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

With all the drama of the epic snowfall last week, I did not realize I'm officially in 3rd trimester. And not ready AT ALL for baby boys arrival..

28. rinna9

pea / 18 posts

@Banddmommy I know how you feel! At my prenatal yoga class the instructor mentioned that a lot of women have a mini emotional freak out at 28-32 weeks when you realize this is actually happening - that's kind of what's been happening to me. I just feel so not ready!

We went on our babymoon this past weekend to Miami.. Managed to escape the snow in DC. It was a bit of a hassle getting back since we were supposed to fly out on Sunday, but we made it back yesterday. I got to have a facial and a prenatal massage (got to lay on my stomach with special pregnancy pillows, it was amazing!) so I'm feeling relaxed and ready for this week! We have our maternity pictures this coming weekend so I need to figure out what to wear!

29. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@rinna9: That babymoon sounds awesome. I didn't get a prenatal massage with my first and was hoping to get at least one with this pregnancy but so far I haven't.

My emotional freak out has started and I'm at 27 weeks. Even though I am super excited about LO2, I have been focusing on the little time I have left with just spending time with LO1. He is so much fun and life will be so different for him in just a few months. I hope he transitions OK.

30. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I had my 30 week appointment today. BP was 118/76. At this point I've gained a total of 4.6 pounds. Waylon's HR was 140 and my iron is still 10.2 so I have to continue taking extra iron supplements. 62 days left till scheduled c-section! Doctor is guessing 9.3 pounds for this big boy. EEK.

31. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: wow!! That's so big! But I'm used to teeny babies DS was 4.5 lbs born at 34 weeks and DD was 5.5 lbs born at 36 weeks.

32. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@banddmommy... Its huge! my daughter was born at 39 weeks exactly and she was 8.7 pounds. and me only being 5'2 = not fun!!

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: I can't imagine! I'm petite too, 5 feet tall.

34. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@rinna9: jealous of your babymoon!

No freak outs for me yet. Just becoming more and more uncomfortable. I've decided that we can just skip to the end of April now. I don't want her to come early, I'm just ready to be done and not hurt anymore!

We're trying to find my temp for work. Now that is stressful! I hate having to rely on someone else to do stuff for me.

35. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@BandDmommy: I have done nothing and I mean NOTHING for this guy. I'm 28 weeks today and haven't taken a single belly picture or anything! Poor third child! I said to my husband last night oh yeah we need to buy a new car seat, guess we should do that soon. Sigh. We also have to completely redo a bedroom for my oldest so that this baby can move into his room because that is set up as the nursery. Time to get moving but I just feel so huge and running out of steam!

@amommythang: how have you only gained 4 pounds? I feel like I have a 100 pound lead ball in my belly!

36. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@Canoli.. I was already overweight when I got pregnant. IDK i stay very busy and NEVER eat a whole meal. Same thing with my 1st pregnancy I only gained 10 pounds I went from 175 to 135 after 4 weeks post-pregnancy. I guess I am technically losing weight bc at this point with baby and placenta and everything else I am sure its over 4.6 pounds.

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Does baby movement ever make any of you ladies feel nauseous? I didn't expect it to hurt or make me feel so sick (until closer to the end I guess lol)

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Canoli: My husband is like, do we need to have the nursery done, he won't be in there right away anyway.... sigh.. poor third child..

39. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

When they weighed me at my last appointment on Monday, I was 7kg lighter than I was at 16wks when I was diagnosed with GD. That's just over a stone *cringe*. Nobody is worried - I was overweight to begin with and my bump is huge!

40. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: I just had to google the conversions to pounds lol But way to go to you and @AMommyThang: for keeping your weight in check! I too started out over weight but at my last appointment I had gained 14 pounds (which was after 20 weeks, so more than halfway there) and I was pretty happy with that LOL I have my next appointment next week, so we'll see how I've done this month.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee