Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. rinna9

pea / 18 posts

@JennyLayneAZ Sometimes her movements make me nauseous! More so earlier on, but that was my first reliable indicator that it was actually baby moving and not something else. I figure when they move they're bumping into some internal organs, which is bound to make you feel queasy.

2. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

This baby is a MOVER. And it's not like "oh how cute, he moved." Its like he is beating me up from the inside. LOL. 100% boy

3. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@Canoli: Hoping you passed and don't have to wait too long to find out!

@rinna9: yay for a babymoon! Glad you enjoyed yourself in sunny Miami. I think we’re going to try to get away one more time before the baby comes.

@autumnleaves: make that time for a prenatal massage! I had one for the first this weekend and it was lovely. The masseuse came to my house, so that was a pretty, fun new experience for me.

@AMommyThang: you barely gained any weight! @BandDmommy: you ladies are such little people! I’m 5’2” myself, but not necessarily little.

@JennyLayneAZ: he moves a lot and some of his kicks or jabs are like sucker punches, but he doesn’t make nauseous. I fortunately missed out on morning sickness. Hope your LO gives you a break!

@Cherrybee: woo hoo on the weight loss! Will you get tested again to see if you still have GD?

I’m starting to get Braxton Hicks aka Practice Labor I think. If the contractions are indeed practice labor contractions I’m so excited for them because it means my body is making way for baby!!!

4. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

any experience with wraps? There are so many to choose from!

5. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I don't actually want to lose weight!! I mean, I do, but not while pregnant! Yeah, they will test me after she's born and, hopefully, it will have gone away.

6. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: I have a woven and I love it!!!

7. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@AMommyThang: not for me. I am not coordinated enough for a wrap! Lol I won't even try a wrap dress because it would probably fall off of me from doing it wrong

8. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@banddmommy..I received an ergo one at my baby shower but I can't see how those are comfortable for newborns.

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: we don't have an ergo. When DD was first born I used a baby k'tan but then moved to wrap.

10. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@AMommyThang: my doula is a huge fan of babywearing and created the local BW group some years ago. Anyway, here's what she had to say about wraps. (Our SCC choice got her stamp of approval.)

>> I also want to show you my woven wrap (Didymos) that you an use immediately and for years and years if you end up loving wrapping. You can invest in one of those. A ring sling and mei tie can also be your best friend from the very start till years to come. Here is a list of a few top name carriers in the babywearing world:

http://www.babyhawk.com/ (their SSC and Mei Tais)
    http://www.bamberoobaby.com/ (both SSC and Mei Tais are THE BOMB, probably my favorite all time carrier, or top 3 anyway)
    http://www.bloo-kangaroo.com/carriers/KJ.html
    http://www.actionbabycarriers.com/category-s/1840.htm <<

Also your local BW group may let you try wraps out month at a time like my local one. This way you get a feel for what works before you buy.

11. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

It's February!!!! Getting there ladies!! I'm soooo excited, I'm counting down the days. It sounds bad, but I'm so OVER being pregnant. Just want to meet this little guy.

12. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@BandDmommy: I know! Seeing that it was feb 1 today makes it seem so close. I am with you on being done with this pregnancy - which makes me sad bc I know it is my last, but I can't help it. It is much harder being pregnant this time around!

13. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@bloved: It's my last too. I think because there isn't much of an age gap between DD and this baby, I feel like I've been pregnant forever...

14. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

So ... TMI moment. I planned on going today to pick up some panty liners since I cant seem to stay dry down there. Well the last time I went to the bathroom there was a weird "Alcohol" like smell. It actually kind of burned my nostrils just like rubbing alcohol would. Anyone ever experience this or have heard of it?

15. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@AMommyThang: A yeast infection, perhaps? That's a total guess though.

@BandDmommy: I thought that today, too! Feb already! Not long now!

I had my first growth scan today. Baby is measuring spot on track - estimated weight 2lb 11oz - and blood flow in the cord looks good. My next scan is in 4 weeks.

16. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: UTI? Yeast?

17. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BandDmommy: I'm ready to be done too and this is my first! I guess I'm just not a person who loves pregnancy and mine hasn't been bad at all! Just ready to meet her.

@AMommyThang: I have no clue!? Hope you get some answers though!

@Cherrybee: yay for good growth and blood flow!

18. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Idk I dont have any other symptoms but the odd smell. I guess I'll call and ask about it.

19. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@AMommyThang: Never hurts to call, maybe talk to nurse?

Is anyone else exhausted?? With DS1 and DD I abstained from all caffeine. But I need caffeine to make it through the day. LOL.

20. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Umm yeah! I just need a cup a day of coffee and I'm my normal cheerful self. I love the weekends because I get to take a nap during the day.

21. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@BandDmommy: so tired all of the time!! Naps are a regular thing!

Am at the doctors office...I was on recess duty and had trouble breathing and lower back pain. I went to the school nurse and they made me call my doctor who had me come in. I feel so melodramatic because I am sure it is nothing!! Can already breath more normally, although backpain is still there...

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@BandDmommy: Yes, I'm exhausted! Although E has been up all night vomiting for the last few nights so that will have contributed.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I'm so jealous! What I wouldn't give for a nap!!

23. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Cherrybee: how far along are you? We are 31 weeks this week, have a size ultrasound at 33 Weems and will do another one at 36. At the last u/s at 24 weeks, the boy was measuring around 2 lbs, curious to see what we find in 2 weeks. Part of me is hoping that we can induce around 38 this time instead of 39.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Sunday naps are lovely, and I think I am getting a massage on Wednesday, will probably fall asleep during that too.

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Cherrybee: well, everyone keeps telling me sleep now and who am I to argue with sound advice @MaisyMay: you're going to love it!

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: hope everything is ok!

@BandDmommy: I am exhausted! Especially today, I started training my temp today and I am so done now. I am not used to talking all day long. Zzz zzz zzz

26. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: thanks! All ok. It apparently was a vasovagel response (which I think is just a sudden drop in blood pressure). I was doing better before I got to dr but I guess my school did not want to take any chances!

27. MaisyMay

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I had one a few weeks ago and it was bliss, except for hearing my toddler chatter away in the lobby the last 5 minutes because they came back early. Going completely solo this time.

28. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@BandDmommy: yes, I can tell the 3rd trimester fatigue is starting! I couldn't live without my daily coffee. During all 3 of my pregnancies in my first trimester I had no interest in coffee but as soon as I hit the second trimester the cravings came back!

29. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

For the second & third time moms, how are your older ones doing with almost having another LO at home?

30. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@BandDmommy: yep, I'm constantly exhausted this pregnancy. I wish incould relive all the random naps I got to take with my first!!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: my DD will be 3 in April and I'm so excited to see her with the new baby. She gives her sister kisses and hugs everyday and gives her "check ups" with her Doc McStuffins kit. She also talks about showing her baby sister how to do things (dance, eat blueberries, play with toys, etc). I'm interested to see how she will do with the reality of having a baby in the house, but as of now, she's great with the idea of being a big sister!

31. MaisyMay

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: My LO turned 3 in December and she's excited about her brother. She was pretty much the first person we told and loves feeling him move, and helping in his room. I know jealousies will come, but am enjoying this time for now. We did have some "I'm a baby" moments and they still flare up occasionally.

32. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: I am 28 weeks. I have scans at 28, 32 and 36. They will decide at 36 weeks when to induce and do NSTs in the meantime. I don't recall getting quite this much attention last time, I think its because E was so tiny, they're monitoring for IUGR as well as a giant baby. I wonder how much your baby will weigh at 33 weeks! Was your first LO big?

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I don't think E is too sure about being a big sister! She mentions the baby in my tummy occasionally but just looks suspicious if I mention the prospect of her helping or being a good big sister. We've also had some baby-like behaviour recently, so I think she understands full well what's about to happen and isn't sure she wants to share mummy!

33. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: my 3 year old is excited. The 14 month old has noooo idea what's coming. I joke around she will be in l&d with me because she's such a mommys girl.

34. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

2nd and 3rd time moms- Has anyone started thinking about their labor plans and care for their current LOs? I'm guessing I will have this baby around 36/37 weeks so my parents are tentatively planning on being here around that time frame. We have no family in the area.

35. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@bloved: this pregnancy is bittersweet for me too - I feel like an exhausted whale but knowing this is my last pregnancy I am trying to enjoy it. Happy to hear everything is OK.
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: My LO is clueless - he's 17 months. I want to get some big brother, new sibling books from the library and start reading them with him.
    @BandDmommy: I've asked a friend to be on call to watch LO1 when I need to go to the hospital and I plan to ask a few other people too. If I end up having an idea of when LO2 is going to arrive, we may ask my inlaws to come. Right now they are planning to visit in the summer.

36. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@autumnleaves: we asked a friend when DD was born to watch DS but I feel like since we have 2 kids we would really be imposing on a friend to have them watch both plus their own kids. It stinks not having family nearby.

37. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MrsRoo: aww how sweet!
    @MaisyMay: so cute, she doesn't want you to forget who was their first!
    @Cherrybee: E sounds like a riot! I bet when baby sis arrives she'll just melt.
    @BandDmommy: that's so good he's ready to be a big bro all over again!
    @autumnleaves: The Bernstein Bears had a book when they introduced Sister Bear.

For L&D the only plans so far is to call the doula when surges are 5/1/1 and head to the hospital at 3/1/1. We heard some good advice about soaking up the last few hours as a couple by going out to eat or to the movies. Depending on when early labor starts we might be able to do that. Otherwise, we'll just go for a walk around the neighborhood.

We agreed that DH will call our parents after I've been admitted to the hospital. That's four calls
    He better make them quick!

38. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: logistics are so easy with no LOs. :).

39. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@BandDmommy: well, I work at the hospital where I am delivering so if any things happens while at work I'll just stay and my husband will have to manage the kiddos depending on when it happens. My in laws live about 10 minutes away from us so we will call them to take care of the kids and my mom lives about 2 hours and will come when I tell her it's time and the grandparents will work out a schedule of who is watching the kids. So thankfully we should have them covered. I am terrified, however, because last time my labor was so quick and I delivered 20 minutes after my water broke. I'm scared I won't make it to the hospital on time!

As for my kids, my son is 4 and understands that he will have another brother. At times he tells me he wants to hurt the baby(which I think is attention seeking behavior) but for the most part he asks to hug and kiss my belly a lot. He does say that he doesn't think he is able to look after 2 babies. He says he can only look after one baby! As for my 21 month old he has no idea what's coming!

40. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@BandDmommy: FTM perk!

@Canoli: too funny & you thought you would have your hands full!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee