Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@mamabolt: hope you passed!

2. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ugh, that stinks. With my second I failed the 1 hour but passed the 3 hour. Hoping it's the same for you too!

@mamabolt: hoping you passed too.

3. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: super cute outfits! Where did you get them?

4. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: ugh sorry you have to go through the screening again. Hope you pass!

5. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hi ladies. Hope your all doing well! I went to meet my new dr yesterday and I wasn't impressed... Long story I guess. I think I'm changing my mind back to having the baby at my local hospital near my house rather than being close the the grandparents, who are 3 hours away.
    I'm feeling pretty good. I'd really like to see the baby again. Is it uncommon to get a ultrasound after the anatomy scan?

6. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@Canoli: thanks! http://www.bonds.com.au/baby.html JSYK since it's came from a different country my CC charged a currency exchange fee. ETA: a little surprise I didn't expect, but the clothes are so cute!

7. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@BandDmommy: @Canoli: @bloved: thanks ladies I hope I pass!

@jh524: sorry you didn't like the new doc. I have to go see a new doc too....mine is still undecided so he recommended that I start seeing someone else. Such fun. As for ultrasounds past the anatomy scan I think growth scans are about all they do after that. I got to see Piper again since she is big and they'll one more at 36 weeks she has chubby cheeks now!

8. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: we are doing growth scans at 33 and 36 weeks, plus starting weekly nst's next week at 32 weeks. The benefit to all the hassle is seeing the little gent weekly from here on out.

9. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MaisyMay: There's always a bright side I was happy to see her again of course!

10. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: boo this last test! Good luck on your next one!

11. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: I had an extra ultrasound because the baby was measuring 2 weeks ahead. During today's check up the doctor said my belly still seems way bigger, but based on the last growth ultrasound he didn't order another one.

12. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Yikes, I know that face well.

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: lol that's too cute

14. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I can't believe your doctor still has not decided! It seems like he owes it to his patients to figure it out soon!

We have a growth ultrasound at 32 weeks too- although due to my schedule I had to move it to 31 weeks. Excited to see little man again!

It seems like so many of us on this board have large babies!!!

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: I know right? I can't figure out if he is retiring or what the deal is lol and yes we April mommas grow some big babies apparently lol

16. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

So today I was looking at my belly and it's like a bunch of blue worms are living under my skin. I don't want to gain anymore weight. My body already feels stretched to the max. I had carbs & caffeine for breakfast (bad), some nuts & dried cherries for lunch. I'm debating if I should skip dinner tonight- eating makes me feel tight too.

17. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I feel like I can't get bigger. 11 more weeks to grow tho. Ugh. So I totally get it. I already have plenty of stretch marks

18. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @JennyLayneAZ: add me to the "don't want to get any bigger" group. Last time I loved my growing body, this time not as much. It is not helped that I really popped over the weekend (literally I think last night) so I had about 11 billion people comment on how big I was today!

To top it off I have had weird stomach cramping all day. Tmi but it feels like it could be gas but I haven't been able to pass any. Soo uncomfortable! Anyone have anything similar? Probably nothing to worry about, right?

19. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: agreed! My belly seriously feels like a 100 pound lead ball that is just stretched. I don't know how I am going to make it these next 10 weeks. I feel like I'm going to outgrow my maternity clothing.

20. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Canoli: One of my maternity shirts already is peaking through the bottom.
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Urg. My DH and I went to a pizza buffet yesterday and I was pretty good about not over eating. Yet I still felt like a balloon all day.

I don't think I updated, but I passed my 3 hour GD test. I was kind of surprised that I passed. I have my next growth scan tomorrow. I'm excited about seeing my little foot (as we are calling s/he because at the last growth scan my LO measured 2 inch feet already), but I'm nervous as well. I know my uterus has been expanding well, but I'm always worried that something will be wrong. But after this one I get growth scans at least every three weeks.

21. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@bloved: sorry about the comments! I think you look great I've dealt with constipation all pregnancy long so I feel the trapped gas a lot!

@Canoli: I am already outgrowing some of my clothes. And I really don't want to buy more!

22. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@auggiefrog: congrats!!

23. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@auggiefrog: congrats on passing!!! And I love little foot The Land Before Time Such a cute nickname.

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: @Canoli: me too I was just telling my husband I need bigger pants and he was like "it's almost over." Err! My pants fit me so tight now that I've started to swell.

@bloved: I haven't felt that (yet), but with my low iron I have been constipated all pregnancy. TMI- Dunkin Donuts coffee has been a lifesaver.

@auggiefrog: congrats! Sounds like your little foot is going to be tall.

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: thanks ladies. Stomach is feeling better this morning so hopefully the pain was just a fluke!

@auggiefrog: yay! Congrats on passing!

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I am thinking about buying more maxi dresses. I have 1 and it's really comfortable with room to grow lol thankfully my work pants seem to be fitting well still for now.

@bloved: glad you feel better!

27. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime, @JennyLayneAZ, @bloved: ladies! I am in the same exact boat! We are all in this together, which is somewhat comforting. I feel so big already and I'm really trying to eat healthy to tame the weight gain at this point. Smaller meals seems to help and trying to minimize carbs has been working for me.
    I'm getting tired of the annoying comments that's for sure!

So is anyone else thinking about delivery ? It's been on my mind a lot lately. I feel a bit anxious about it. I will be getting a c section again.

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

So I am here doing my 3 hr. My appointment was for 8 am. They didn't give me the drink and take my baseline bloods until a few minutes ago just before 9 am. my last draw will be at 12:05. I'm already starving!

29. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I have been. I feel totally unprepared lol I haven't taken any classes or done a hospital tour yet. I felt like I had all the time in the world and now I suddenly feel like I have no time lol

My loose birth plan is that I would like to try for no epi but of I need it, that's ok. And maybe that's why I haven't taken any classes yet...I feel like whatever needs to happen will happen and I want to go with the flow as much as possible. I don't want to go in with certain expectations and be disappointed at the end. All I want is a healthy baby! Sorry for the novel lol

30. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I just came back from my 32 week appointment. Gained another 2 pounds so up a total of 6. my bp is great 117/62. He is measuring 3 weeks ahead and my Dr. told me to start taking it easy if I want to make it to term. So I think I'm going to cut back on my hours at work to 35 or less.
    Regardless ill have a c-section in 47 days or less Ahhh!! talk about nerves

31. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: @jh524: we just finished our hypnobirth classes that will prepare us for anow unmedicated birth. Over the next several doctor visits I'll review my birth preferences with each doctor. That will probably take me up until delivery to see all of them again. I am planning to take the hospital's birth class to get more familiar with their procedures and intervention options just in case. So far my doctor's office hasn't really prepared me for what to expect- maybe that comes a bit later. I'm pretty excited about being in a zen like state for the birth if all goes according to plan. I starred drinking raspberry leaf tea to tone my uterus to help with contractions.

32. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@AMommyThang: lol, I don't feel so alarmed by my big baby since you've remained small all pregnancy and your little guy is measuring 3 weeks ahead.

There was some article on here recently saying docs can be off by 30% when it comes to baby's size.

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: sounds like you have a good plan in place! Re: size estimates: my friends daughter was supposed to be over 8 lbs and she was barely over 5 at birth. So yeah. They can be way off lol

@AMommyThang: wow. 47 days.crazy!!

34. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I was told with my daughter that she would weigh about 7 pounds and 2 days later she was born at 8.7, so I have no doubt they can be off. I've seen this little guys foot trying to escape from the outside of my belly, I have no doubt hes big. lol

35. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@AMommyThang: haha too cute. Sometimes I feel like she is trying to bust out of here too lol like the doritos commercial

36. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@JennyLayneAZ: lol that commercial was too funny!

For real though with all my prep I really hope I won't become too dissappointed if the birth doesn't go as planned.

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I hope your birth goes as planned

One more hour to go....I am sitting here fantasizing over food lol

38. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: is this your first? I can't recall
    Sorry your still waiting.... Ugh! Not fun. Almost over though !
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: hypnobirth was the biggest bust for me. Hope you have better luck than I did!
    So is anyone else going crazy about all this Zica news?! I've also had multiple people come talk to me about it. It's amazing the fear the news instills in people. Don't want to start any hot topic but I've also read about Brazils implementation of a new vaccine program on pregnant women that started in 2014. Interesting. I feel so bad for those mommys.:(. Are any of you getting vaccines during pregnancy. Personally I do not. Last time I only got the flu shot

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: yup this is my first. Almost done heading to get my last draw!

40. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: my governor declared a state of emergency in four counties where people tested positive for Zika. I'm more concerned now that we know it can bring transmitted in other ways besides direct mosquito bites. I'm not quite ready to use bug spray every day and cover up head to toe though.

I already got the TDAP and flu shot. My mom and DH still have to get TDAP though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee