Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Canoli: yup horrible heartburn over here. It doesn't matter what I eat, I think it depends on how she is positioned. I can get heartburn from coffee, or not, or I can get it from Mexican food, or not. It really just depends on how squished my stomach is I think! The first time I had it, it woke me up in the middle of the night. that was definitely from the spicy food I had for dinner though LOL I pretty much have heart burn on a daily basis now! TUMS!!

2. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@banddmommy: haven't seen you for a while. Hope everything is okay!

3. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@Canoli: she shutdown her account

4. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: oh no. Any idea what is going on?

5. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Canoli: she left after a spirited thread regarding welfare participants myths. The thread was deleted.

6. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

She jumped ship at the exact same time JHo/PrincessBaby went off about how she makes so much money.

Been following along with you all...due April 21st with a boy.

7. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Turd Ferguson: Congrats! Do you have a name picked out for your baby boy? I'll update the due date list & include you if you'd like.

8. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @ turd Ferguson: I guess I didn't read that thread. Well that is a bummer. If anyone is friends with her outside of HB send my well wishes. I was looking forward to having a "friendship" with a fellow 3 kiddo mama.

@turd Ferguson: congrats!

9. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

I just went and go a massage and pedicure. only made it 20 minutes into the massage and had to quit and I fainted while having a pedicure. Not really what I was expecting but regardless it was relaxing

10. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@AMommyThang: oh my! At least you were able to enjoy some of it. I just scheduled my next prenatal for two weeks. I can't wait.

11. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

I just ordered my breast pump. My insurance provides the Ameda double electric with 600 storage bags total.

Have you ordered yours yet? What kind are you getting?

12. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I ordered the Medela PISA - I only had 2 choices for free pumps through insurance and I got this one with LO1 and it worked well for me. If they offered more choices - I may have tried one of the newer pumps but it wasn't an option. It was nice to be able to get the pump in advance this time. Last time (diff insurance) they would only ship after I delivered.

I am sorry to hear @banddmommy: is offline. Thinking of you and your last few months before LO3 is here!

I am going to start my Big Freeze project this weekend - making freezer meals. I ordered a bunch of containers off of amazon. I think I am going to start with the Pioneer Woman's lasagna rolls - a friend made them for me last time and they were sooo good.

13. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@autumnleaves: we have about 10 things in the freezer, hoping to add more next week. What all are you planning to make? We have chili, mac n cheese, pot roast, two types of biscuits, a few meatloafs, lasagne, scalloped potatoes, lasagne roll ups, and some twice baked potatoes. I still want to do some breakfast casseroles, chicken enchiladas, mashed potatoes, and some lactation cookies.

14. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@autumnleaves: @MaisyMay: You girls are amazing for freezing all that food. Both my kitchen freezer and small freezer in the basement are full, so I'm not really jumping at making meals.
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Urg. I haven't even ordered mine yet, or even started really. I'm dreading the call to my insurance company.

15. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Canoli: I've been getting heartburn pretty much 24/7 since about 20 weeks. The worst is when I go to bed. I usually have to drink milk or take tums before I sleep, then I still wake up with heart burn once or more throughout the night. I'm so done with the heart burn.

16. MaisyMay

@auggiefrog: I didn't freezer much for LO1 and regretted it, so we are trying to be wiser this time.

17. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@autumnleaves: which pump were you hoping to try? Medela is so popular I always figured I'd have one of those until the ACA.

@auggiefrog: oh no! Why? My call was so painless. I thought I would get push back since I still have two months ago, but nope.

@MaisyMay: your freezer meals list sounds delicious. When my mom comes in early March we're going to make my stash. I want to make a few soups that I can freeze in single servings like the lentil with golden beets that was featured on HB awhile back. My mom makes the best collard greens and black eyed peas so that's on the list. Spaghetti is on the list, but I'm not sure what else freezes well. There are few "healthy" frozen food brands I enjoy like Amy's or EVO that I'll stock up on too. For breakfast I'm happy with Cheerios every day.

18. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: you fainted during your pedicure?! Why do you think that happened. You okay?
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: haven't ordered mine yet. I have all the paperwork & prescription but have been lazy. Will do soon!
    @autumnleaves: such a great idea! I should make some freezer meals !!!

I've literally have had the week from hell --- having a 2 year old with croup & pink eye is way worse than having a newborn. He would cough all. Night. Long.....All night. I'm exhausted and now I've got the virus and I have no voice so I can't talk. I coughed it away....It's great, not! I feel like I've been through the worst this last week and glad to maybe have gotten it over before baby comes.

19. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@JH524... I think I got over heated, along with being anemic and hadn't taken iron in over 4 days. My feet were in really hot water and they put a hot thing around my neck ... I have an appointment next week for 34 weeks Ill mention it to my doctor but I am sure it was just me being over heated and not drinking enough water. LOL I've learned

20. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: glad to hear your okay! That's scary!

21. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I was interested in trying the spectra or freemie but they were not options with my insurance. With LO1, I ended up exclusively pumping after 4 months and made it to 12 months and I didn't have problems with the Medela PISA. The travel adaptor was something I should have purchased when I got it initially but I only got it around 7-8 months and it made things a lot easier. Some people say they cannot pump a lot with that adaptor but it was fine for me.

22. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MaisyMay: That is awesome that you've been able to freeze so much already and it sounds delicious too

I am planning on making
    Chicken enchiladas (A Healthy Slice of Life)
    Honey glazed chicken thighs (Nutmeg Nanny)
    Lasagna Rollups (PW)
    Chicken Parm bake (HB)
    Curried turkey
    Breakfast Sandwiches (PW)
    Breakfast Burritos (A Healthy Slice of Life)
    Various muffins
    I also plan to try several of the freezer meal recipes I've seen on HB.
    I'll make some soup but not too much thinking it may be too hot late Spring for soup.

23. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Today was my 32w appointment. My belly is measuring 36w. So my next appointment will include an ultrasound.

24. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

You guys are so good with your meal planning! I have nothing planned yet...am hoping friends/family might swoop in, especially since I am not a great cook!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: wow! I have no idea how I am measuring! I feel big. I have my 32 week scan Monday so I guess I will know more then.

Just ordered my breast pump. Last baby I had the ameda purely yours (and my cat ate one of the tubes in the first month!). This time I am getting the Medela. Just hoping for a more successful breast feeding experience this time, but also think I am going to try and be more laid back too (last time I was so hung up on NO formula and I think I made my life unnecessarily stressful. I am definitely ok with supplementing this time!!).

RCS is officially 2 months from today.
    It is starting to feel real!!

25. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

Had my 32 week growth scan today. Apparently baby is measuring 2 weeks ahead and my amniotic fluid is high. It could mean nothing, but could be serious apparently. I need to go back next week and see if fluid is still high. If so, I will get weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests. I am not too concerned since my first son measured large and I am barely over the border for high fluid (apparently they like to see it under 25 and mine was at a 27). Fingers crossed when I go back next week it was a fluke and things are looking normal!

26. MaisyMay

@bloved: I've been doing weekly NST's for the last 2 weeks now. The ultrasound part and getting to see the little man has been pretty cool, but on days when I have to leave work to go to one, it makes for a seriously long day. What sort of concerns do they have about too much fluid?

@bloved: Thanks for the reminder about the breast pump. I need to mention that this week at my doctor's office. I'm 34 weeks and need to have that figured out as well as have her do my leave paperwork for starting at 36 weeks. (Thanks to the state of California for allowing up to 4 weeks of leave before your due date, even if the little guy will be here 1-2 weeks before our due date).

27. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: most likely - nothing. But it can have serious complications (preterm labor, indicate the baby has a swallowing issue and has a correlation with increased risk for stillbirth). Again, probably nothing but of course with risks like that I can't ignore it either. The hardest part is going to be figuring out how to go. They don't have evening or early hours so I am not sure how I am going to manage without taking time off of work. And taking time off of work is extremely difficult because I am a teacher so I can't just go in late or leave early, I have to take a 1/2 day. So a lot of instructional time could be missed. Plus this is my first year at this job so (1) I don't have a lot of sick time to take and (2) I am also trying to make a good impression. I am trying not to stress until next week. Hopefully the fluid will have gone down and then I won't have to go weekly!

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@bloved: hopefully everything turns out ok when you go back to the doctor.

@MaisyMay: time off prior to baby's arrival sounds perfect right about now. Lucky!

29. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind if I follow this thread. I'm due May 5th and on that May board, but it's cool to get a little heads up on what to expect a few weeks out (I'm 30 weeks), and who knows - this might be an April baby Thanks!

30. MaisyMay

@YogiRunner: welcome. My official due date is 4/6, but my little gent will be here by the end of March.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I didn't get it with my LO1, planning for 9-15ish days off before LO2 arrives.

31. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@YogiRunner: welcome

32. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

I got a few comments at work today about how big my bump is - they do not think I am going to make it 9 more weeks. My dr keeps telling me LO2 is measuring right on track.
    I think though that maybe I should start to prepare the hospital bag soon just in case my coworkers are right.

@YogiRunner: Welcome to the April board!
    @bloved: I am hoping your fluid goes down too! I can't imagine trying to make all these dr appointments teaching.

33. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@autumnleaves: I am so sick of people telling me literally everyday how I'm not going to make it to my due date and people constantly thinking I'm about to deliver any minute. The reality is I have 8 more weeks! Ugh! I don't know how much bigger I can get.

@bloved: thinking of you and hoping everything is okay.

34. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@autumnleaves: I've been getting that too. They are stunned to find out I am due in April, and not March.

Does anyone here have United Health Insurance? I finally called today about a pump, and they gave me a bunch of their pump retailers, but they also said I had to wait 30 days before my due date to purchase one. Is this normal? Does anyone have any experience dealing with these retailers? (Medline was one)

35. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@YogiRunner: I'm due in May as well (3rd), however, I have a feeling it will be April

36. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

Thanks ladies for the support. I am 99% sure it is nothing, but there is always that little bit of worry once they place it in there!

@YogiRunner: @rockinghorse: welcome!

37. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@auggiefrog: have you heard that from all of the places? I only called one place last pregnancy and was told I had a choice of only 2 pumps and I could not order until after baby was born.

This time I called a different place and was given the option of 7 pumps and they shipped it right away. It is the same insurance I had last time (despite different school...statewide insurance), so I don't know if the difference is that in the past 3 years they've made changes, or the fact that I am going through a different company (edgepark this time of that is an option for you). It might be worth it to call a couple places just to check.

38. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@auggiefrog: with LO1 it was recommended to call the medical equipment company a month before the EDD and place the order but I had to call back after delivery to confirm the birth before they shipped it. I used Edgepark.

39. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@auggiefrog: my healthcare provider, BCBS connected me to the Rx/ Pharmacy side to order the breast pump. I wasn't sent to an affiliated vendor.

40. MaisyMay

Feeling a little low right now. Had a good check up and the little man is measuring around 6 pounds as of Friday which was 33w2. Birth weight estimate is 8-9 pounds, but another scan on 3/14 will give a better estimate.

My low is that I am tired, and so tired of hurting. I told my doctor today that I am tired and uncomfortable, and that I went home early from work yesterday due to nausea. Her only reply was "why do you think you felt that way?" She's a good doctor, but chalks up everything to normal pregnancy and/or being diabetic. I don't think anything is seriously wrong, but these feelings of being so tired and hurting so much are so different from my last pregnancy.

I see her again at 36w5, and then at 38w1. I guess we'll schedule the induction after that appt, but I'm kinda disappointed it won't be at 38. While I know that he needs baking time, part of me is really ready for pregnancy to be over with.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee