Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. scurbro

pea / 15 posts

EDD: April 5th 2016

How far along: 9 weeks

First child? No, already have a 18 1/2 month old son, had one miscarriage before that

First doctor appointment: had on August 18th

Any symptoms so far? Nauseous, tender breasts, gas

Who have you told? Everyone close to me

2. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@LCTBQE: It does really feel like something stretching, so I really hope that's all it is.
    @scurbro: Welcome! My EDD is the 5th too!

3. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

Ladies, I drew the short straw--I'm out. I went in today for my 8-week scan, and the fetus had stopped growing at 6 and a half weeks. I was having all the healthy symptoms of progression, which I now understand is exactly the way it goes with a missed miscarriage. Since my uterus apparently has no idea it is housing dead cells, the D&C is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm pretty upset at the time setback. Also, I spent my entire adult life trying to be so responsible with birth control to AVOID getting an abortion, and now that I actually want a child, I have to go get one, and it terrifies me. I don't believe in God or fate, just science--so since it was probably chromosomal defect, I'm glad to get it over with. Still so sad, though.

I wish you all the best and hope every one of you has a lovely, smooth pregnancy and a gorgeous healthy baby next April! Good luck, xxx

4. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@LCTBQE: I am so sorry to read this. Ive been there and it is such a sucker punch. Wishing you lots of healing and hopefully you will have your rainbow baby soon.

5. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@LCTBQE: I am so sorry to hear this! You must be heart broken I hope your D&C goes well, fast and your quickly on the road to health and recovery. Hugs to you!!!

@Scurbro: congrats & welcome!!!

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm so sorry for your loss hugs!!!

7. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@scurbro: Welcome

8. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm so, so sorry to read this. I will be thinking of you.

9. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm so sorry hon. The next few weeks are the hardest, take care of yourself. Sending hugs.

10. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@LCTBQE: I am so sorry for your loss!

11. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@LCTBQE: So sorry to hear this news. I went through this in April and it sucks. The MC support boards here are great. I hope you have a smooth surgery and recovery experience. Sending hugs to you.

12. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@LCTBQE: hoping for a smooth procedure and swift recovery. You'll be in my thoughts this weekend and upcoming week. Hoping for peace and comfort for you and your family.

13. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@LCTBQE: I'm sorry for loss. Hugs Last year same time I was in your shoes. Take all the time to you need to heal.

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

My husband and I went to my first appointment yesterday. The ultrasound tech instructed me to take everything off from my waist down. I commented to him that was a bit strange since "doesn't the jelly go on the belly?" When the tech came back she sure didn't use that method!

We saw our little fetus on the screen. It measured 8 weeks exactly, my due date is 4/15. The heartbeat was 171 bpm. The egg came from my right ovary- who knew they'd be able to tell that?!

15. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Sounds like a great appointment. That's crazy that they were able to tell which ovary it came from!

16. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on a good appt and a good strong heartbeat!

17. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Congratulations. I'm pleased to hear baby is cooking nicely in there.

18. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yay! I can't wait for my appt.!!! Ahhhh still 2 weeks...

19. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: How are you feeling?

Nausea is ramping up here. I've been waking up in the middle of the night feeling so sick! I have to eat constantly to keep it at bay. I'm going to be enormous at this rate!

20. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

My biggest symptoms have been the hunger pains, random tiredness and not sleeping well at night. I've been a bit queasy and off sometimes, but I really haven't had any MS or nausea. I'll be 10 weeks on Tuesday! Double digits!

21. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@auggiefrog: Wow, a 1/4 of the way there already!

22. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Cherrybee: I never thought of it like that. That's pretty cool!

23. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Cherrybee: so sorry you're feling nauseous, but glad to know someone else is going through what I am. I've thrown up every day this week! And I'll also be enormous with you. We're you sick for your first pregnacy, too?

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: congrats on your first ultrasound! The transvaginal can be quite the surprise if you're not expecting it, but so worth it to see that little gummy bear and heartbeat!

24. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MrsRoo: Nope! Not at all! I had one afternoon of nausea when I was 5.5wks and that was it! I got away so lightly last time!

25. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Cherrybee: good to know! My first was similar, I'd get a tiny wave of nausea if I got too hungry, and then it would pass. I was so excited for another easy pregnancy, hah! I feel like hell this time around.

26. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@auggiefrog: @bloved: @Cherrybee: @jh524: @MrsRoo: thanks ladies!

@auggiefrog: I'm having issues sleepin too. I bought one of those Snoogli pillows and that's helped except when my husband's snoring interrupts me. LOL Have you seen Snoogli? You can curl up to support your back and your tummy.

27. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I think I've seen them. My biggest problem is waking up and having too much energy to fall back asleep though.

28. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee: hi! I've been so sick, it's bad! Today had been my worst day. A salad put me over the edge and I've been suffering all day from that one salad ;/ every smell turns my stomach, like I want to Live outside with the birds because my house smells. I feel i could lose the contents of my stomach any minute! Can't even handle taking my prenatal gummy vitamins! And I feel like my stomach is hugely bloated which makes me feel uncomfortable because I know baby is only the size of a blueberry. Agh!!!

29. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@jh524: I have massive bloating here as well. It gets worse as the day goes on.

30. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee:

Ladies have you tried a PSI Band?! It's a acupressure band that helps ease morning sickness and motion sickness, etc.. I got one today at BabiesRus and it really took the edge off my nausea! I can really feel a difference. Just enough relief to be able to manage the day. Lol
    http://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12448403

31. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: that looks fantastic. I'm glad it takes the edge off, I'll be purchasing one this week and hope to report back similar results! Thanks for sharing.

32. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Wow, I cant believe it works!! I need to get one.... but how will I explain it at work??! I drove home to be sick yesterday lunchtime! 25 miles each way!!

33. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee: it doesn't look like much. Just a plain black bracelet, kinda sporty. They have different colors and styles. Hopefully they won't even notice it! @MrsRoo: thanks! I hope it works for you too!!!

34. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

Tomorrow is my pregnancy confirmation appointment - finally! Unfortunately LO has HFMD - the fever came Saturday and the rash/blisters started Sunday and continue. I am totally freaking out that I may get this too. I plan to ask the dr about it tomorrow. Unfortunately it sounds like you are most contagious up to the point of the rash - so I could be contagious now and part of me wonders if I should reschedule my dr appointment. My mom does not remember me having HFMD when I was a baby. Does anyone have any experience with this?

35. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Thankfully, I haven't had morning sickness yet. I hope the PSI band gives you guys some major relief!!

@autumnleaves: oh no, sorry to hear about your LO. I hope she begins to feel better soon and doesn't infect you!

36. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@autumnleaves: I hope your LO feels better soon. I don't remember getting HFMD as a kid at all either.

@jh524: cool! I've been sucking on preggie drops but I'll try this too. The preggie drops work well but I don't want to be relying on something so sugary.

I had my U/S take two today and measured 8 weeks exactly. EDD 4/20 and a HB of 155.

37. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I am with you, no morning sickness yet. I never had any with my son, so I am wondering if it will just skip me over.

My main symptom is just exhaustion.

I go for my 7 week ultrasound tomorrow. Nervous, but hopeful for good news.

38. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@autumnleaves: no experience, but hope you don't get it and lo kicks it fast!! Hope your appt. goes great too!! Mines not until next Thurs.!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: your so lucky!!!!
    @akcoffeebean: yay! Congrats on a happy appt.!

Well today the psi band hasn't seemed to do much because I've felt terrible most of the day but I don't dare take it off!!! Lol
    @bloved: good luck with your appt tomorrow!! I'm sure it will be perfect

39. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@autumnleaves: Hand, foot and mouth? I think most adults have better immune systems, and aren't as at risk, but I'm not sure about those who are pregnant. I know that one of my old day care center directors got it a few years ago and it was pretty rare that she got it as an adult. GL tomorrow!

@bloved: My main symptom has been tiredness as well, and I'm 10 weeks today. GL tomorrow!

@akcoffeebean: Great news! Congrats!

40. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: so I realized that I already had bands like this from a cruise. I wore them today and made it through 10 hours at a theme park with only the slightest twinge of nausea! You're a lifesaver!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee