Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 Nurseries!

1. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Grrr... I've never really ordered anything from Pottery Barn or PBK, but the experience I've had with them with the nursery bedding I had picked out has been a mess.

Dec 1 my mother ordered the nursery set we picked out and received confirmation, but now, 6 weeks later, and after we've painted and planned the whole nursery around that set, they say they can't fill the order. Fortunately my best friends are crafty and are going to try and sew something similar - but it's pretty irritating. We had everything set in motion. One step forward, three steps back it seems.

On a side note - has anyone seen any cute gender neutral stuff lately? One of my best friends is 5 weeks behind me with LO #1 and is and can't seem to find anything with any personality. She's debating registering for both a boy and a girl set and returning one. There has to be something cute out there, right?

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

One wall down! Still the ceiling and another wall to go. This is so tedious!

ETA: As a side note, "bee" is what DH and I call one another and it was a loose theme at our wedding. That's why the little bee is in the corner, leftover from DS1's room. He asked me today to repaint it pink (I was going to leave it how it was!) for his baby sister.

3. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: that is so pretty, but damn that looks like so much work. Lol.

I'm having the hardest time finding a reasonably priced blush pink crib skirt! Ugh, so annoying. I found one on pbk,but it's like $70, which is just way to much for me to spend on a dust ruffle. I need to go to my local PB outlet and see if I can get lucky.

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Thank you! It's definitely a labor of love! As for crib skirts, I totally understand. They're SO expensive! I fell in LOVE with one (for girls), when I was pregnant with DS1. I ended up finding it on a FB b/s/t site a few weeks ago for super cheap! I'm so excited. Maybe you could look on there? On the flip side, I can totally see spending more $$ on something like the crib skirt...because you're going to be looking at it every day for a long time! DS2 is still using DS1's....so it's been out on display for almost 5 straight years!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: awww I saw this stuff too!! I seriously wanted to buy everything.

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: can you post an example pic? I love bargain hunting and may have some time to scour the Internet tonight. The lace looks amazing. So detailed. It's really paying off.

7. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@yellowbeach: A picture of the color I want? I don't have a specific style, really. Just want a solid blush pink color. I'll post the one from PBK since it's the exact color I think.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/belgian-flax-linen-eyelet-crib-skirt/?pkey=bcrib-skirts&&bcrib-skirts

Basically I want a beige-y pink, but ruffles, plain, layered, etc doesn't matter too much. I just want it to be under $40 if at all possible.

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: didn't get to do my Internet hunt last night but did get a promo code from PBK for 30% off and free shipping. Still not under $40 but yours to use if you want it.

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Darn, I was going to suggest the crib skirt from the image you posted earlier (with the gold dots and heart), but I see now it only comes in a bedding set. Grr.

10. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@yellowbeach: thank you! I'm going to keep an eye out for super sales there and keep checking my PBK outlet near me.

@ValentineMommy: I know! I really want just the skirt, but they don't sell them individually. And I don't want to spend that much for 3 pieces. It's a problem. Lol

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

12. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: oh that Land of Nod one looks really close! Thank you!

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Sure! For whatever it's worth, Land of Nod made the crib skirt we used for my sons. Really nice quality and it still looks brand new 5 years later.

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

I know you said you didn't want to go over $40, but this one is cheaper than the PBK one and super pretty! (On sale for $60)

http://www.landofnod.com/afternoon-tea-crib-skirt/f18618

15. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I ended up finding the perfect crib sheet at Buy buy baby! I'll just get a white crib skirt to go with it. MUCH easier to find, haha. And I got a sparkly changing pad cover that I couldn't resist. Hobby Lobby has TONS of pink and gold items too! I'm super excited with how is all coming together.

ETA: it's hard to tell but the sheet is pink with gold hearts. The changing pad cover is the same pink with gold sparkles.

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Love the pink with precious little gold hearts - can't wait to see how t all comes together.

DH still has to wrap up the drywall before I can paint and really get everything moved in. Starting to feel like the clock is ticking.

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

18. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: so cute! I love those!

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: love all of it!! Now I need to make a trip to hobby lobby! Lol

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

In other news, I finished painting the nursery!!! I'm so glad to have it over with, because I'm getting physically uncomfortable now and I don't know how much longer my body could take it. Still working on the decorations - what's up there now is a combination of ds1's stuff that still hasn't been moved out, and a few of her actual things. Lol

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: it's coming together! Looks really cute. They have so much pink and gold stuff at hobby lobby. It's not even funny. I had a really hard time deciding what to get!

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'll be heading there today to check it out! I need a mirror for her room, and I saw they were on sale today.

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: OMG that lamp!! Your baby girl has the cutest decor already!

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Omg that dust ruffle! Please let me have a little girl sometime in the future so I can get one just like it!

25. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: it looks amazing! You did an awesome job! I'm with @jennypenny I hope I have a girl someday so I can create a room like this!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Thank you! It's from Target!!

@psw27: Thank you!! With two DS's, I've had a lot of time to daydream about a little girls room

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@ValentineMommy: I love all the different textures and materials! It really came together nicely.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: Thank you!!

29. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Actually made some progress on the nursery these last 3 days. We finished tearing down the old plaster to review the beautiful brick lying underneath, and I got all the walls and trim painted. Unfortunately even with protection on the hardwood floor, all that plaster and dust really roughed up the hardwood, requiring me to go over it with some polish.

DH put the crib together while I created our dot wall. It was surprisingly fast and easy to do. Still waiting on a rocker + ottoman to come next week, and may need some more bookshelves. Stress level massively reduced.

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: wow! so pretty! I'm still super jealous of that brick wall

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: GORGEOUS! That brick wall is amazing!!!

I just got pics of the mobile and "A" to go over the crib...I can't WAIT to get it!

32. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@yellowbeach: ahh, love the dots!

@ValentineMommy: I love it, so pretty!

33. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@ValentineMommy: wow those are gorgeous. Is that Etsy? Really just visually stunning.

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: Yes! I was going to make them myself, but then I found these and they cost the same as the price of the materials to make it myself. Soooo, someone else doing it won out! Lol

35. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: can you share the link? I'm obsessed with that!

36. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

We got the wall painted in the nursery today! And I also got the mobile made. Well, almost. I need one more roll for the top. Here's a pic, sorry about the quality.

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: love that!! Did you make it?! I totally missed your question two weeks ago. The etsy shop is called PaulettaStore!

38. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thanks! I did make it myself. I made a bird one for DD1'S nursery and this one was way easier. Lol. I already had a heart punch from her mobile (used it to make wings for the birds) and just bought some paper, ribbon, embroidery hoop, & fishing line. I wasn't planning on making a mobile this time around, but I had a free afternoon/night without DD and knocked it out.

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: it's adorable!! Great job!

40. Pinkberrry

olive / 61 posts

I'm actually a mid-March mom to be but we don't have a nursery board so here's mine:
    All it needs is a baby!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee