Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 POAS

1. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@dominobee: @Mrs. Oreo: Add me to the club that is eating a giant piece of cake when things work out for both of you!

Feeling better now than earlier. It definitely helps to acknowledge and work through the feelings. I'm also entering by far my favorite part of the cycle - between AF and o. And the crazy cramping in my cervix subsided, I was starting to worry that something was wrong...

2. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@periwinklebee: I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm also extra glad I have you ladies to ride this rollercoaster with.

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

The struggles of TTC with a 2nd shift husband

4. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrskansas: OMG yes. And when it's the second child or beyond and it has to work out with childcare/nap/whatever! (Obviously you're grateful to have one, but it does complicate trying for the second and beyond!) Dh is on 630p-630a for one more month and then I think switching to a midshift or maaaaaybe back on days. He was on days for awhile and I was so spoiled, loved it!

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@bushelandapeck: thanks for the answer!

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mrskansas: I give you so much credit for this!

7. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrskansas: Make sure your phone is charged so your phone alarm goes off!

8. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I had a lot of ewcm earlier and now nothing. Dry as a bone. My body is driving me crazy!!

9. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

Should be getting a positive opk tonight! We've been traveling for work,and DD was very sick the last two weeks, so no BD yet unfortunately.

10. dc yoga bee

grapefruit / 4770 posts

@mrskansas: its so crazy. Yesterday, I had tons and tons but no positive opk! Within a few hours, it was all gone too! I hope I didn't miss it!

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@dc yoga bee: isn't it annoying?! Ugh. I Did have some this morning so that's good. Hoping for a positive OPK today too!

12. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@2littlepumpkins: Gosh I miss the days when my husband was on days! That was 2 years ago before our daughter was born so I barely remember what it's like.
    The only time we can really BD during the week is midnight when he gets off work. If I try to wake him up at 6 AM it's not going to happen for him. It makes TTC complicated but hopefully this is the last month!

13. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Alright well we did BD last night and I couldn't sleep prior so now I'm running on like 4 hours!! But I'm really hoping I get my + OPK today or I'm going to be worried.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: good luck I hope that this is your month

15. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: What did your follicle measure when you triggered?

16. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

21mm and I triggered immediately after getting that ultrasound

17. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Thanks!

I think I'm going to go to Walmart at lunch and grab some OPKs so I don't have to wait until I get home. I know I need to be patient but I am so worried about my egg being "over-ripe"!

18. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I have no idea when my body would have released the egg on its own without the trigger though

19. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: That's what I'm worried about.
    Last month my follicle was 19mm and I was already surging on my own when I did the trigger.

20. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

Can anyone recommend an OPK that I can buy at Walmart? I need to grab some at lunch and that's the closet place!

21. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: so tricky to get the timing right
    I have no recommendations for OPKs I always used wondfos when I was testing

22. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I prefer those but my dumb self used too many and I only have 1 left at home. I could wait to test until I get home today but I'm too impatient lol

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: ah well that sucks

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@mrskansas: same here w/ my first kids first couple years. I'm fine with the mid shift that ends around 2am but the full night is not my preference! Hopefully the tww is quick and this is the last month!

25. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@mrskansas: I have no recommendations, but I guess the Clear Blue with smileys is good if you're using them sparingly? They are just a little pricey...

26. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

Anyone else put off buying clothes just in case they get pregnant? I have a full summer maternity wardrobe, but my regular clothes could use some help. I hate to buy stuff in case I do get pregnant, but it's already in the 80s here and I need some shorts!

27. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@jodyblair: I have been putting this off for a year plus, and my wardrobe is in a sorry state. It's getting worn out and various stuff doesn't fit properly. I just wanted to be able to toss stuff when I got pregnant, not have to worry about storing it, and then start fresh with whatever body type I have ex post. I know I should probably just buy new stuff now, but I don't like shopping and honestly find the thought of shopping for non-maternity stuff kind of painful...

28. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@jodyblair: i totally put it off and im praying i can put it off as long as possible, i feel a bit thicker than last year so i figured im going to update it but not so sure what to do now... i can try maxi dresses i guess but in regards to shorts i only have one decent fitting pair

29. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@mrskansas: I'm struggling now after repeat loss with worrying about every step of the way where something can go wrong - follicle development, releasing the follicle at the wrong time, and so on and so forth. Blech. I think your follicle is going to release at just the right time though - sending lots of good vibes and good wishes.

no wal-mart in my area, so no idea about their opks...

30. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@jodyblair: I've been cutting back because we're going to be moving into our first (owned) home and it's costing a lot up front since we don't have enough furniture (it is way bigger than our current tiny place) and we need movers. But that is something I'm debating too. I bought a couple looser tops from ON (my only purchase in the past four months!) and they don't make me look pregnant but would work well through at least half of a pregnancy. I don't think I will avoid buying just in case though.

31. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Beta came back at 15 from yesterday, 13 DPO. Friday (10DPO) was 6. I don't think it looks too good

To top it off, I took a digital this morning before I got the result and it said not pregnant. Obviously I went a little nuts and broke it open and saw a faint line on the strip, but I guess not dark enough to satisfy the mini-computer.

32. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I'm so, so sorry.

33. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I'm sorry.

34. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I'm sorry it is doubling though, so it seems like there's still hope? I think it is not uncommon to implant a bit later... I will be thinking of you.

35. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@periwinklebee: Thank you, I'm so scared to get my hopes up. I hope it is normal, it's just so low.

I know everyone's insurance is very different, but do you remember how much your betas cost? Even a ballpark. I have no idea what this is going to cost me.

36. chypmunk

cherry / 239 posts

@Mrs.Panda: im so sorry

37. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I am not sure which insurance you have, but for me as long as the OB used a diagnostic code for pregnancy, it was 100% covered! I was worried about it when they were doing draws to track me to 0 post m/c, bit since they used a pregnancy diagnostic code I was covered. I have a high deductible plan, if that helps.

Thinking sticky thoughts for you!

38. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I'm sorry But the numbers did double, so maybe the hcg levels are off to a slow start. Are they going to draw another beta?

39. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Sorry it wasn't the news you're hoping for. But echoing what others said, it did double...although slowly. When's your next beta?

40. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I'm sorry I was in your position a couple of weeks ago. It didn't work out but I think it could have gone the other way, and I'm still ok regardless. Mine were never doubling, and I think the fact that yours are is a good sign, though I really understand not wanting to get hopes up. I had this feeling of just wanting off the rollercoaster...

I have yet to get a bill for the bazillion beta draws that I've had since beginning of Jan, so I'm hoping this means that they are all covered...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee