Login/Register

April 2019 Moms!

1. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

EDD: April 18
    How far along: 6 weeks
    First child? Yes
    First doctor appointment: sept 4 for an ultrasound
    Any symptoms so far? Just fatigue and sore breasts. No sickness yet.
    Who have you told? We told our immediate family but unfortunately FIL didnt understand that tell no one meant no one... he told his family. But luckily they live in another country so hopefully the world doesn't spread and the pregnancy goes well.

2. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@mdf106: I wish cake made me gag

3. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Umbreon: Ugh, sorry about your FIL! I know my dad would probably spill the beans to his brother who would tell my cousins...because the same has happened when my cousin has been pregnant.

4. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Umbreon: That is frustrating about your FIL.

5. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

Anyone else's main symptom extreme irritability? I'm exhausted and have had some mild nausea and food aversions. But omg, most of all, I am just SO annoyed at everyone and everything. I have four meetings at work today, and all I want to do is sit at my desk and have no one talk to me...

6. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@mdf106: @MrsSCB: I know. I was pretty upset but I am trying not to dwell on it. Dh thinks it might have been a language barrier or something. But DH said next time we may not tell him so soon.

I think I'll feel better once we have our first ultrasound and I know things are okay.

7. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MrsSCB: most days I’m pretty moody! I also have a problem of. It really holding back my moods either, haha. Hopefully it goes soon!

8. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

I'm 6 weeks 4 days today and no morning sickness. It's got me a little concerned to be honest! I mean, it's nice not having it but I hope that doesn't mean something is wrong.

9. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Umbreon: I had zero morning sickness with my son! Try not to worry, though I know it’s hard ❤

10. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Umbreon: I didn’t have any with my first, and I don’t now either (at 8 weeks), it’s definitely nerve wracking but just take it as a blessing!

11. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Umbreon: With my second pregnancy, I didn't have any morning sickness until 8 weeks, and that was really mild. I was concerned, because I had more nausea starting much earlier with my first pregnancy, but they were both healthy pregnancies.

12. Lahela017

kiwi / 582 posts

Hi ladies! I had my first us this morning. All is looking good. It was so neat to see the little heart beat flickering away. So cool! Now we are trying to decide if we are ready to tell our parents or not.

13. Plainpistachio

cherry / 116 posts

@Lahela017: Congrats! It's so exciting to get that first scan and see that it's real!

@umbreon: I know what you mean, last week I was worried because I felt too good. Today I'm 7 weeks and the nausea has arrived. I'm kicking myself now. But I had very mild symptoms in my first trimester last time. Everything was fine. My heightened symptoms this time have me pining for the days when I didn't have to watch a toddler! lol

Does anyone else have the kind of nausea where you're hungry every two hours? I'm not puking, instead I just feel disgusting and awful until I force feed myself a snack. The weight gain is already real. My toddler has a stomach flu right now and this weekend was just cuddling him, cleaning his puke, and wishing I could sleep.

14. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Plainpistachio: I have had that kind of nausea. I gained much less weight in my non-morning sickness pregnancy. It was depressing, because I did not even get to enjoy the eating, it was whatever seemed the least repulsive.

15. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Lahela017: nice shot!!

16. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@Lahela017: congratulations!! I have my ultrasound in a week. Super excited but just hoping all is good.

I'm 7 weeks tomorrow and I think the symptoms are coming. I've felt off all day. Super tired and nauseous. Not crazy nauseous but it does feel like my stomach is in my throat.

Only about an hour of work left. Counting down the minutes till nap time.

17. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Lahela017: Hi baby!

@Umbreon: I hear you on nap time...I've been SO tired, I wish every day that I could lie down on the floor at work and take a nap

My first appointment is tomorrow! I'm just about eight weeks (waiting on a firm due date from the appointment). I'm nervously excited--at least it's first thing in the morning so I don't have to wait. I'm hoping I'll get an ultrasound. I didn't even ask, just assumed I would because that's how it worked last time. But it's since occurred to me that I'm using a different OB and have no idea how they work.

18. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MrsSCB: I got an ultrasound at 8 weeks last time, but they wouldn’t do it this time, I was kinda mad! Hopefully you get one!

19. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MrsKRB: aww, that’s a bummer, I’m sorry! When will you get one—12 weeks?

20. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MrsSCB: yea, so far away!

21. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

I have had random bleeding the last two days. They moved up my ultrasound to today. I'm so scared. They said it could be nothing or it could be something. I'm terrified. I am praying for good news. My appt is in an hour.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Umbreon: I've been lurking a bit. Praying everything is OK

23. Lahela017

kiwi / 582 posts

@Umbreon: oh no. It could very well be nothing, so try to relax. I'm thinking of you though.

24. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@Lahela017: @MamaBear87: thank you. I have had no cramping so I am holding on to that hope that it's nothing. I am really glad they wanted to see me today instead of making me wait until next week.

25. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Umbreon: good luck I’ll be thinking of you!

26. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@MrsKRB: @MamaBear87: @Lahela017: I am so relieved!! We saw the heartbeat, she said everything looks healthy. She said I'm measuring about 6 weeks, so thats a week less than what I thought, but she said that everything is normal.

She did say that I have a subchronic hemorrage and that was the cause of the bleeding. She said it may continue to happen but not to be concerned unless it gets really heavy.

I am so relieved. SO relieved. Thanks everyone for the support.

27. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

@Umbreon: Fantastic news!

28. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@Umbreon: yay!!

29. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Umbreon: yay! So glad baby is well ☺

30. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Umbreon: so glad all was OK! I'm sure you must be so relieved!

I also had my first appointment this morning -- measured eight weeks exactly, heartbeat was 163. Starting to feel more real now! We also talked about NIPT testing, and it's $199 without insurance. I think we'll probably do it. They'd do the blood test at my next appointment at 12 weeks.

31. Lahela017

kiwi / 582 posts

@Umbreon: Thank goodness!! I'm so happy for you. What a relief.

32. Lahela017

kiwi / 582 posts

I was wondering how many ladies we had in our group so I made a list. Did I miss anyone?

April 2019

Mrskrb: 4/4
    Lahela017: 4/8
    Mrsscb: 4/10
    Driftaway: 4/14
    Plainpistachio: 4/15
    Rockinghorse: 4/18
    Umbreon: 4/18
    Mdf106: 4/29

33. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@MrsSCB: only $199? For some reason I thought it was more, I might do that too then! Will you find out the sex?

34. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@MrsKRB: Yes, $199 isn't bad! The OB said they worked out that discounted price with the company that does the testing. That one tests for various trisomy issues and would also tell us the gender. We definitely want to find out! There's a second test that we could do, also $199, that looks for cystic fibrosis, fragile X, and spinal muscular atrophy. Not sure whether we'd do that one.

35. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

Thank you everyone. I am so unbelievably relieved.

@MrsSCB: that's interesting. So how do you know which tests to get done? No one had mentioned any testing for us yet but probably will at the next appt. I just want to be prepared. This is our first baby so I dont know what is best to do if there are options.

36. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@Umbreon: Well, the NIPT genetic testing (blood test) is relatively recent and definitely optional. Most insurance, as far as I've heard, doesn't cover it unless you are either advanced maternal age (35+) or you have other reasons that you're at higher risk for abnormalities. That's because it's not really a routine recommendation if you don't have those risk factors. Honestly, I think a lot of people pay out of pocket for it because it can tell you the gender much earlier. We didn't do NIPT with my son, because it was really expensive at that OB office. It's also a screening test, not diagnostic. So that means it would just tell you if you're higher risk for any of the issues and then you could pursue further testing. At that point it would probably be amniocentesis or CVS, which would tell you for sure.

The additional test that my OB mentioned for cystic fibrosis, fragile X, and spinal muscular atrophy wouldn't test anything with the baby, it tests whether the mother is a carrier for any of those issues. If you're not a carrier, you're in the clear, because both parents would need to be for the baby to have those conditions. If you are, they'd probably suggest your partner get tested to see if he's also a carrier. I'm not sure we'll do that one, because we have no family history of any of those issues, as far as we know.

If you don't do the NIPT test, they do other routine screening tests at around 12 weeks that also look for markers for down syndrome and chromosomal abnormalities. So you get information about that regardless (unless you want to opt out). Hopefully that's somewhat helpful! There are so many options and things you can do now, I'm sure your OB will be able to explain them better and also let you know what makes sense based on your medical history.

37. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

38. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@tororojo: hi and welcome!

39. Umbreon

clementine / 854 posts

@MrsSCB: thank you. This was actually super informative. Thank you for taking the time to explain to me!

@tororojo: welcome!!

40. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

How is everyone doing? I just got over a bout of food poisoning, so now I’m super worried something happened to the baby

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee