Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2019 Moms!

1. Lahela017

cherry / 158 posts

@mdf106: haha. Yeah, I'm actually 17 and a half weeks already, but this is my first time. And, I've totally been wearing maternity jeans for the past month, but they are the same style I would normally wear, so I don't think anyone would have caught on.

2. MrsSCB

grapefruit / 4957 posts

@MrsKRB: @mdf106: Ooh, yeah, maybe the people I tell can just tell other people for me, that would be good haha.

@Lahela017: I took forever to show with my first, definitely past 20 weeks. I thought this time it would happen a lot sooner, but it seems to be taking awhile again. At my appointment last week, the nurse found the baby's heartbeat pretty far down, so I'm assuming she's just chilling down low and not popping up much yet

3. Plainpistachio

cherry / 106 posts

Anyone feeling movement yet? I'm 17 weeks and I've been feeling this kiddo for weeks now. He's just getting stronger! He's a wiggly worm all day long.

4. Lahela017

cherry / 158 posts

@Plainpistachio: I'm jealous! I'm about 18 and a half weeks today, and I 'think' I feel baby move, but I'm not sure. Probably because it's my first time, so I don't know what I'm looking for?

5. mdf106

kiwi / 739 posts

@Plainpistachio: I am only 15 weeks, and I tend to feel movement pretty late. I had anterior placentas with my previous two pregnancies. I never felt little movements, my first kicks were jabs both times. The first time, I did not feel movement until really late, 23-24 weeks. With my second I felt movement at about 19 weeks.

I am enormous, I am already having people ask me if I'm pregnant based on appearance.

6. MrsSCB

grapefruit / 4957 posts

@Plainpistachio: I'm 18 weeks and for the past week or two, I've been feeling little pops and taps. Not super consistent, but it happens! I didn't really feel much until later with my son, but I know that's typical in first pregnancies vs. second-plus.

7. Plainpistachio

cherry / 106 posts

@Lahela017: I feel it the most when laying down in bed, especially after I turn over. It's like he's tumbling to the other side, haha. Early on it just feels like roller coaster butterflies, but as he gets bigger/stronger, to me it literally feels like a foreign object is moving and wiggling inside you. Stronger than gas movements or muscle twitches, but similar in feeling.

@MDF106 my friend had anterior placentas and she said the same thing. And nice! My belly only just popped! It still could pass off as a big lunch though.

@MRSSCB I felt my first at 16 weeks, which also really surprised me with how early. Then this time around I could swear to you that I felt tumbling butterflies at 12-13 weeks. Since then the movements only get stronger.

I'm still really surprised it's so early. When I was in 3rd trimester last time his movements were so big that someone in a meeting once saw my belly move when they were talking to me in their peripheral vision, lol. My husband would also often witness the large movements while we were on the couch. I tend to not grow very huge outwardly, maybe something about how my uterus sits contributes to the strong movements.

8. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2418 posts

@mdf106: same!!

I’m feeling little movements usually first thing in the morning and at night, but at my anatomy scan they said the placenta was ‘up top’ (whatever that means) so I might not feel much.

9. mrs. eagle

coffee bean / 30 posts

@mrskrb - so sorry for the late response, it's been a crazy few months. I wasn't quite on board for #3 just yet, but my husband and oldest daughter had been hinting at a third kiddo for a while. I'm 16 weeks and I still don't know how to feel about it. I think it's because it took me a while to find a new doctor and I've had intense morning sickness with this pregnancy. I'm ready to feel better already.

10. rockinghorse

cherry / 183 posts

Omg guys. I'm 17 weeks today, and thought my energy levels were getting better, but I'm so tired! I feel like I need to be in bed at 7 every night! Anyone else still struggling?

11. MrsSCB

grapefruit / 4957 posts

@rockinghorse: yeah, I’m 18 weeks and no second wind yet... I’m actually lying on the couch, and I want to go to bed. But I’m too tired to get up 😂

12. MrsSCB

grapefruit / 4957 posts

@mrs. eagle: so sorry you haven’t been feeling great, both physically and emotionally. I hope things turn around soon

13. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2418 posts

@rockinghorse: have you had your iron checked?

14. mdf106

kiwi / 739 posts

@rockinghorse: I am only 15 weeks, but I have not had a significant improvement in energy. I also have some lingering nausea, although it is pretty mild. I feel like being less busy and stressed is what would help, but I have two children who keep getting sick and a stressful job.

@mrs. eagle: I hope you feel better soon. How old are your children? I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old (3 in January).

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee