Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 - Postpartum Chat

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: wait wait....teething causes coughing/sneezing/etc?

2. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: There's two theories. One, that they are constantly swallowing all the excess saliva which irritates the throat causing coughing, plus the teeth put pressure on the sinuses causing the coughing from postnasal drip and the sneezing from the runny nose. The other theory is that teething essentially creates an open wound in the mouth which makes it easier to catch a cold. She certainly caught a cold the first time she teethed, but this time, I think it's sinuses.

Paige learned to pull herself up yesterday. And has since bonked her head 5 times.

3. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: Interesting. N is cutting her top front tooth and left lateral incisor, and had a crazy runny nose. And I've been blaming my mom who showed up here with a cold.

I'm so behind here, since I kind of stopped checking back while things were so quiet.

LO age - 8 months
    Weight - 19.5 lb
    Height - 28.5 "
    Favourite food - brocolli. Or my breakfast smoothie.
    Teeth - 4 up. Two bottom front, and the top left front and lateral incisor.
    Sleep - I don't even want to talk about it. She's suddenly been up hourly again, and decided napping is also for chumps. She's up from 7am-11pm every day, with maybe a 40 minute nap at some point, unless I take her out walking in the stroller, but I'm so worried that she's not sleeping because she's over tired that I've been willing to do it. But doesn't give me much chance to clean up or also get a nap in the day since she then wakes up at least 4-5 times at night. So, this mama is tired.
    Naps - See above. Only in the car or in the stroller. At home she'll scream for 2 hours in her crib, and then fall asleep for maybe 30-40 min.
    Newest milestone - Her sitting is super solid. Still no interest in crawling.
    "Words" - dadadadadadadaa all the time.
    Sociability - surprisingly lovely for someone who gets no sleep.

We're headed out on a Caribbean cruise at the beginning of May, so I'm hoping she'll behave on the plane. I've made a list of all the small things that usually entertain her (like eating puffs one by one for an hour). I went to do seat selection and there's only middles left, so I guess we're not sitting together with DH, which makes me even more nervous. I'm hoping some kind/self-preserving person will take pity on us and give up their aisle or window seat to him rather than sitting beside me and the baby.

4. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Sapphiresun: Heehee. I gave my LO brocolli for the first time. She picked it up, brought it to her mouth, tasted, gave a disgusted face and started to cry.

I hope someone does give up their seat. If not, maybe you two can sit one behind the other and pass LO back and forth over the seat.

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Sapphiresun: FYI from my experience flying you cant be in a middle with a lap infant. So when they move you...see if they can move you to the window with DH in the middle?

They were very strict about it when I flew - like DH was in the window and I was in the middle holding K and they made DH hold K, not me.

Hope that helps! Also - our Dr suggest pre-emptively giving Motrin to help with her ears - cant say if it worked for sure or not because she either had a bottle or a binky both on take off and landing but she never cried once!

6. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

Ahhh I've missed you ladies!

@Grace: That's so interesting about the teething! M has been coughing and really congested for the past few days. She's been in daycare almost 2 months. She caught a cold after 2 weeks there and I swear she's had a cough/runny nose ever since. I feel so bad for her But hopefully we can get all this sickness out of the way now.

LO age - 8 months
    Weight - I'm guessing 16.5-17 lbs
    Height - She was 27.75" at 7 months
    Favourite food - Does breastmilk count? She's not a fan of solids. She does ok with oatmeal and last night she actually seemed to sort of enjoy her sweet potato puree.
    Teeth - 2 bottom teeth
    Sleep - It's been fine this week. She sleeps 7pm-8am. It was really bad before we re-sleep trained last Friday (she was up 4 times/night and I WOH full-time, so it was a huge struggle). The past few nights she's only been up twice, and one of those times is usually around 6/6:15 am so I'm already up and getting ready for work anyways.
    Naps - Her naps on the weekend are perfect. She usually takes two 1.5-2 hr naps. Up until recently her daycare naps were crappy (two 45-min naps), but this week she's suddenly started taking a 2-hour nap at daycare. Let's hope it continues!
    Newest milestone - She really really wants to crawl. She can push herself backwards and in circles, just can't go forward yet. We've also been working on clapping and she seems to slowly be getting the hang of it!
    "Words" - Tons of babbling. It's so damn cute.
    Sociability - Great since she started daycare! Before that she was a little too attached to me, but now she's great going to other people and playing with babies. It's been really good for both of us.

Hope all you ladies are doing well!

7. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@lawbee11: Ugh. I am not looking forward to all the sicknesses when LO starts daycare!

I have to say, I'm kind of happy to hear that there are only a few babies that sleep all night. My relatives were starting to make me think that Paige was an oddball for getting up a few times a night.

8. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Grace: Interesting! Good to know!! I thought DS was sick sick the past month because of the clear runny nose and drainage coughing! His bottom two teeth popped through like crazy fast this past week!

@Sapphiresun: I heard/feel ya on nighttime sleep (or rather the lack thereof); and the beyond tired and exhaustion feeling. C has been waking up even more often than before. Reeeeeeedonkulous!! We're still co-sleeping bc I get SOME sleep. Otherwise, I'd have to walk quite a bi and get up and down frequently to tend to DS. If I let him CIO, he vomits everywhere. Lovely. Just lovely. Sigh.

Maybe talk to an agent at the counter to see if they can put you and DH together. There might be a lone traveler they don't mind moving!

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

So glad we are doing updates. Our babies are getting so old!

LO age - 8 months on the 15th
    Weight - 17 lbs
    Height - not too sure, haven't had an appt. in awhile. I guessed on the weight.
    Favourite food - applesauce or anything in a pouch. I try to feed her mostly homemade food but she likes the store bought better
    Teeth - 2 central incisors bottom and 1 top lateral incisor which looks like a little fang!
    Sleep - Can't complain at all. Sleeps 7:30-7:30 with the occasional 5am feed.
    Naps - We are on the 2-3-4 nap schedule. She usually has two naps a day. One is typically 2 hours, one is 1 hour. She naps in her crib.
    Newest milestone -army crawling really well and loves to stand holding on to her activity table. She still topples over when sitting but is getting better at it.
    Words- Loves to blow raspberries and mimics our tongue clicking. Has some consonants sounds like mama and dada, but no meaning yet. She loves yelling "ahhh" over and over if we are some place where she can hear an echo. Makes it really awkward in church
    Sociability - generally a very happy little girl. Can play shy with strangers at times.

10. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

I'm so behind! I try to stay up to day and then have a b*tch of a work week that screws my plans up! anyways...here is my update:

LO age - 7 months
    Weight - She was 15lbs 8 oz at 6 months, I'm guessing she's around 16.5lbs now
    Height - She was 26.5" at 6 mos, maybe I'll measure her this weekend!
    Favourite food - Pears, Sweet Potatos and Squash! She had Blueberries and Apples the other day and housed it - we'll see if that was legit or a freak occurrence. Her least favorites are carrots, bananas and peas.
    Teeth - Zip zilch zero!
    Sleep - Such a roller coaster. She is generally great, goes down between 8 and 9pm and if she takes a full bottle can easily sleep until 6:30/7. Lately (we have all been sick so it makes it hard for me to get her to take a full 7oz before bed) she has gotten up 2-3 nights a week around 2 or 4am to eat, then is out again until 7am. Usually I dont mind at all except I am currently sick with a nasty cough so it takes me forever to fall back asleep! We added another meal of fruit or veggies and cereal to try to keep her fuller.
    Naps - Daycare we are thrilled if she gets 1.5-2hrs of naps in. Some days its more and some its less, like yesterday she only took 1 35 mins nap!
    Newest milestone - Scooting like crazy. Still very shaky at sitting (mostly because she thrashes around) but she can scoot across a whole room in no time!
    "Words" - lots of dadadadada and a little bababababa. D thinks the other day she looked at him and deliberately said "dada" no babble. That same day she looked at me and said "baba" on the changing table before bed.
    Sociability - Kid is a social butterfly. She has two boyfriends at Daycare and two little girls who she shrieks and plays with all day long. I love the interaction she gets there. She also loves to throw huge whole mouth smiles at anyone when they walk in the room.

Wondering what you guys's food schedule looks like. Here is Kate's:
    6-7am: 7oz bottle (usually eats 5 or 6 oz)
    9-10am: 7oz bottle (usually eats 5 or 6 oz)
    11:30am: 2.5oz fruit w/ 2 T cereal
    1pm: 7 oz bottle (usually eats 7oz)
    2:30pm: 2.5 oz veggie w 2 T cereal
    4pm: 7 oz bottle (usually eats it all)
    5-6pm: 2.5 oz fruit or veg plus 2 T cereal
    8-9pm: 7 oz bottle (anywhere from 4-7oz consumed)

Totals:
    26-30oz formula
    7.5 oz fruit/veg
    6T cereal

Is this consistent with what others are doing? I think I am going to move K to the stage 2 foods (4oz vs 2.5 plus more blends). Also thinking of adding some puffs or mum mums into the mix to work on her fine motor skills. And when do you start the meat mixtures?

I am so excited for Spring/Summer here to make K's food!!!

11. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: You do have a social butterfly, and the scooting thing is too cute!!

This is what our schedule looks like:
    4:30am - quick nursing session
    7:00am - 6oz bottle
    9:00am - breakfast (whatever daycare makes so eggs, pancakes, or waffles)
    12:00pm - 6oz bottle
    12:30pm - lunch (whatever daycare makes so either pasta and chicken, chicken and rice, meatballs, etc.)
    3:30pm - 6oz bottle
    6:00pm - nurse (more like a snack than actual eating)
    7:00pm - dinner with us (he'll eat whatever I'm having)
    9:00pm - nurse (nurses to sleep)

If we're out and about in the early evening, and I can't nurse him for his snack, I'll give him some puffs instead. He also has snacks at daycare when he's a bit fussy or sees other kids snacking.

12. mdf106

clementine / 828 posts

Here is a weekday schedule:
    7 am breastfeed
    10 am 3.5 ounce bottle
    1 pm 3.5 ounce bottle
    4 pm 3.5-4.5 ounce bottle
    5 pm solids (at most 1 ounce)
    7 pm breastfeed
    8 pm solids (at most 1 ounce)
    9 pm breastfeed

I am hoping to move solids earlier in the day, and try a third "meal," even though he is hardly eating. It is hard to get it in earlier with his naps and trying to go out. On weekends LO breastfeeds 6-7 times with two solids "meals." One 4 ounce pouch usually lasts 3 days. I have tried meats, LO did pretty well with pureed fish, but threw up chicken, and I have not tried again. LO strongly prefers thinner purees, but really liked mum mums.

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: OMG he eats real food? When did that start? I am going to target right now to get some finger food things for K to try out - I would love for her to be able to eat real food too!

14. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Here's our "schedule"
    7:30 - nurse
    9:00 - breakfast (1 tbsp cereal mixed with 2 tbsp yogurt)
    10:15 - nurse (before nap)
    12:00 - nurse (usually because we are going out, so I want to top her up. I used to do a solid, but it made us get back too late from our outing and she was falling asleep in the car and screwing up her afternoon nap.
    1:30 - lunch. Today she ate 2-3 fingers of toast, 1/4 banana and a piece of scrambled egg.
    2:30 - nurse (before nap)
    5:30 - nurse
    6:30 - supper (I don't measure, but I'm guessing 1-2 tbsp of a fruit and veggie)
    7:30 - nurse (before bed)
    1:30 AM - nurse
    5:00 AM - nurse

Sooooo, I don't really know how much she eats. I feed her until she will eat no more. And we've been eating meat for a few weeks now. Haven't done puffs or anything. I just give her some of her food as finger food.

15. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@StrawberryBee: thanks for that link on milk! My supply seems to have come back up a bit so I'm pumping a bit extra so it's all working out ok for now.

@Sapphiresun: A cruise! Nice! Hopefully someone switches, or maybe when you check in things will have moved around a little bit. I've been trying to convince DH to take us on one. So far no luck

@Mrs D: Can't remember if I put our food schedule on this page or a different thread.. so here it is again incase it was a different thread
    7am breastfeed
    930/10 - bottle ( will drink anywhere between 1oz-5oz depending on if she ate both sides at 7)
    12 - solids ( oatmeal with fruit and 1/2 container of yoghurt
    2 - breastfeed
    5 - solids. Usually 5 ice cube sized pieces. ( usually 3 spaghetti and meat sauce and 2 extra veggies.) ( she's obsessed with spaghetti and meat sauce. I guess it's OK as it's pretty well rounded with meat, veggies and a carb) She will usually have the other half of the youghurt at this time as well. ( She eats a lot of solids. )
    7- breastfeed

I've started trying to give her things other than purees. I gave her puffs, pinwheels, and some cut up fruit. She did really well with them but definately prefers purees. She made a horrid face when I have her pieces of pears to eat yet when I put them in her mesh thing, she's obsessed with them!

16. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs D: we do those little puff things, but otherwise just purees still. She loves the puffs and it's super hilarious to watch her try and grab one and put in her mouth. Oh and we have done jars of chicken or chicken/rice/veggie but it looks and smells like cat food so I'm not surprised that she looks at me like I'm trying to poison her. I puree the fruits and veggies myself, but haven't tried puréeing any meats or alternatives yet.

I am really impressed with all your feeding schedules. I am not even entirely sure how much she eats but I'll write down today cause I was home. I work 3 days a week so DH deals with the food those days and I think she has about 10-12oz of BM and breakfast and lunch when I'm gone.

6:30am BF one side, back to sleep
    7:30 wake up BF other side
    8:30 breakfast 2 TBS of oatmeal and 2 oz applesauce
    9:30 BF before nap
    10:30 BF after waking up before headed to library
    12:30 lunch - 2 oz pear/sweet potato, 1 oz broccoli
    1:00 BF before nap
    2:30 BF when wakes up
    3:30 BF (yes yes I know I BF a lot still....)
    4:30 BF Before heading out to dinner
    5:30 Dinner 3 oz pouch and some puffs
    7:00 BF before bed

Seriously, I have no schedule. I Still BF a lot when I'm home with her. She always has only eaten from one side and only for 5 minutes. I think I'm scared that my supply is going down now that I'm back at work, so the 4 days I'm home each week I BF as much as possible. Like I said, I'm still just on purees with her. I'm actually a little paranoid about choking but I know I need to start branching out.

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsB2012: what yoghurt do you buy? I want to start giving LO yoghurt but not sure what kind to feed babies. Also, is your spaghetti puréed or how do you make it up?

18. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

Here's our schedule. I'm still nursing and staying home, so it's pretty loose. And... she's a terrible night owl. I used to put her to bed at 8 and then listen to her cry until 10pm, but I've just given up on that and enjoy the evening together, and put her down happily at 10.

5am - nurse and back to sleep
    7am - nurse and then either a little more sleep, or we get up. Sometimes she shares my smoothie.
    9:30am nurse before her nap.
    10:30-11:30pm she wakes up - nurse, and then she eats whatever I'm had/having for lunch, and then we head out. Otherwise she has a pouch if lunch is served out and about. She eats the whole thing lately.
    3pm - nurse when she wakes up from nap
    5pm - she often nurses and then has a cat nap while I cook dinner
    6:30 dinner - she eats whatever I'm having. She had Indian food with me the other day and seemed to really like it! But yeah,.. curry diapers...
    9pm (or earlier if I can convince her she's sleepy) - 2 oz fomula in her sippy cup
    9:15 - nurse and go to bed.
    1:30am - nurse
    3:30 am - nurse
    5am - nurse... and repeat.

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Lol - I love that you breastfeed so often. I was thinking that I was doing it alot! For yogurt, I give her the natural plain stuff. I look for ingredients that say "milk solids" (or something like that) and bacterial culture. I stay away from the ones with added sugars, flavours, colours or preservatives.

@Sapphiresun: Yikers, that's a long time before afternoon nap! On the one hand, makes it easy to go out, but that's a lot of hours to entertain baby!

20. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: oh, she doesn't nurse before her afternoon nap usually, so since we were talking about feeding, I put that she eats when she wakes up at 3. She usually falls asleep either while we're out, or goes down around 1-1:30 if we're home.

21. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

LO age - 8 months
    Weight - 13 lb
    Height - I'm not sure
    Favourite food - Anything you're eating! She'll steal off your plate if you aren't careful. We still bf a lot, she really loves bananas.
    Teeth - 2 bottom teeth.
    Sleep - She wakes up 1-2 times a night, I'm lucky to get her to bed at 9, then she wakes up around 11, and then sleeps until 4am.
    Naps - 2, a very short one on the way to work, then a longish one most days around 12.
    Newest milestone - She's been crawling and pulling herself for a while now, today she let go and stood for half a second. My Husband is hoping she'll be walking by June before he leaves.
    "Words" - She babbles and shrieks, no real words yet!
    Sociability - She loves people, she gets so excited and shrieks when she sees her Sister. She's a pretty happy baby now.

22. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: I get Dairyland Lil Ones. They're made with whole milk and fruit puree. No added sugar or anything else. It's the only kind I can find tailored to little kids with no added sugar. Plus it's whole milk!
    I just throw the spaghetti and meat sauce in a magic bullet and add extra water to thin it out and puree away. It works really well. She's seriously obsessed with it. She puts her arms out in the high chair and literally shakes/vibrates when she sees it.
    I was also extremely nervous about giving her not pureed foods. I only started these last maybe 3 days giving her some whole foods. I've only done super soft pears and bananas and the puffs/pinwheels. She did super well, I'm not as scared anymore. She seems to know to chew ( well gum as she has no teeth haha.) I'm going to try and keep offering some whole foods, but she definitely prefers purees.

23. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: He started eating real food about a month ago. He was not a fan of baby food at all so we gave real foods a try and he's been a champion eater ever since. This past two weeks is when he started really "chewing" his food. He only has his bottom two front teeth, but no matter what I put in his house, he'll chew it with his back gums like we chew our food.

The addition of non-pureed foods into his system has really helped us out in the sleep department also. He wakes up much less frequently and when he does wake up, he can easily be put back to sleep. He does wake up around 4:30 hungry though. Quick nursing session and he'll go back to sleep. I probably just jinxed myself for typing that out....

24. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: haha! L loves to yell AAAH, all the time too! so funny!

I AM SO BEHIND! Sorry ladies! I fell off the bandwagon and then got too scared about how far behind I was! I am going to try to be more on top of it starting TODAY. Because I miss you all and your cutie patootie little monkeys!

LO age - 9 months
    Weight - I'm guessing ~20lbs?? I don't understand the measurement system they used at his last appointment?!
    Height - ~63.1"
    Favourite food - He loves toast with hummus! But, really, he will eat anything I put on his food tray. Except last night, he wasn't having any of the cold mushy cauliflower I put on it... and honestly, I don't blame him after I tried it! ew.
    Teeth - 2 bottom teeth
    Sleep - Sleep.... has been AWESOME! woooooo. Finally feeling great about sleep. We sleep trained for a 3rd time recently to cut out all wake ups and now he sleeps 7pm - 7am w/o waking up!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaah I am a new woman.
    Naps - Great napper, he just went from 3 to 2 naps. 2 hours each.
    Newest milestone - He started pointing at stuff! He walks around tables and stools and stuff. Crazy early walker here...
    "Words" - Tons of babbling. He also understands a few words, like puppy, no, yay, kitty.
    Sociability - Around 7.5 months he got so bad. To the point where only I could hold him, and if I wasn't there only DH could hold him. Otherwise he would SCREAM. Now, I've been trying to get out more and socialize him a bit more, and he is MUCH better. Still a work in progress though...

25. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: Isn't it cute how they gum real food like they've got teeth. Man, I had to take a few videos of it because it's so hilariously cute.

OH, and, a side note: we are down to 4 nursing sessions a day and I'm working on cutting those out in the next couple weeks. I'm SO done with BFing. I feel like we had a really good go, but I am just kind of over it. I wish I could say that I was sad about it, but I'm not. I just recently got over Mastitis and now I think we have thrush, AGAIN. I'm excited about not having to BF any more.

I've also broken another mommy rule and I'm not even switching him to formula, because he hates it. I'm going straight to homo milk. haha I'm ready for my scolding!

26. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Oh, and while I'm on a roll here, CAN YOU BELIEVE OUR BABIES ARE GOING TO BE ONE SOON???

ANY B-Day plans happening yet?

I already have a bunch of stuff for L's Party. It's pirate themed. I am so excited. I also know what kind of cake I'm going to make him, which is DELICIOUS and healthy!

27. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@.twist.: that's awesome that you have a good sleep schedule! No scolding for going straight to homo milk, I'll probably do the same. I'll probably wait until she's at least 10 months though. I tried some formula with her and she would have nothing to do with it. I even tried to mix it with her oatmeal with fruit annnd yoghurt and she still knew it was in there.

I have a huge pinterest page for B's birthday Haven't totally decided on a theme yet. I really want to rent a bouncy castle but Dh says that's dumb for this age hahah. But you can rent these big ones that have a waterslide on it and it's only like $300 or something for the day. How much fun would that be? The adults can use it!

28. Alivoo01

@.twist.: Yay for an awesome sleeper after those rough, rough months up front. And walking already?! AND he understands words?? Say what?!?!?!?!?!!??! L's a child prodigy yo!

No bueno on having mastitis and thrush! I don't mind nursing, but I don't feel that special bond people talk about when breast feeding. I tried offering him formula the other day and he drank an ounce of it before saying nope. not having it. then he kept rooting around for my boob.

No bday planning yet, but I did pick up a bunch of party supplies while grocery shopping last month. There was bin of plates, cups, napkins, invitations, and even a happy 1st bday banner for $0.97 each so I said why not! It's animal/jungle theme.

What all have you planned so far and pirate theme? How flipping cute!!!!

29. Alivoo01

@MrsB2012: um. I'd totally play on it.... just saying.

30. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@MrsB2012: haha I totally would play in the bouncy castle! I went in one about a month back for one of our cousins kids birthdays, it was hella fun. Except, it kinda made my uterus hurt... like it jiggled it around a bit... hahaha I know that sounds weird, and maybe it's just a "me" problem, but it was SO WEIRD. I could only bounce for a bit.

I also tried mixing half formula and half breast milk and he still refused! I'm just not into pumping any more, and I just want to be DONE with my boobs.

@Alivoo01: I also have never had that "bond".

I only kinda know he understands them because when I say "where's the puppy/kitty?" he looks at the dog/cat. We also tell him "no" when he tries to grab at the xbox/wii... and he looks and us and hesitates and then usually smiles and goes for it, but occasionally stops and does something else. Our babyproofing is a work in progress.... lol!

Jungle theme is going to be SO CUTE! We have pirate plates and eye patches and coins for a treasure hunt (which he probably/obviously won't participate in! LOL)but the coins are COOL. and a few other piratey things. If it still fits, I even have a pirate onsie for L. So cute. haha I wanted to do invites too but I am on a MAJOR budget now, so that probably won't happen unless I make them myself. boo.

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: YOUR LO IS WALKING??? That's insane. Congrats on the great sleep! What did you do to get rid of the nightwakings? And did you ask the ped about switching to homo milk? Just curious. I'm going back to work when LO is 10 months and wondering what to do about the lunchtime feeding. She seems to think formula is poison and I'm a terrible pumper. I think I've got all of 15 oz in the freezer. .

..and I'm in denial about turning one. That's in Sept for us. Waaaaay on the other side of summer!!

32. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Mrs D: Your food schedule is practically identical to ours! Down to the T with the fruit/cereal in the morning and veggies later in the day! haha! DS is 8 months and we've been giving him puffs for about a month now. He loves sitting at the dinner table with us and "feeding himself" while we eat.

Ahhh gotta go, but I'll be back in a bit to finish reading all the updates and give one of my own.

33. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

Schedule:

7am: 6oz bottle
    8ish: breakfast. A combo of either a pouch, yogurt, waffle/pancake, sausage
    9am: nap
    11am: 6oz bottle
    Noon: lunch. A combo of either a pouch, yogurt, whatever I made for DS, leftovers
    1pm: nap
    3pm; 6oz bottle
    5ish: snack of puffs or mum mums
    6:30pm dinner. Whatever we are having
    7:30: 6oz bottle
    8pm: bed

34. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

LO age - 8.5 months
    Weight - probably around 18-19lbs
    Height - ~29 inches
    Favourite food - She loves most food. She's a little piglet. She eats yogurt, pouches, our food. She hasn't not eaten something yet
    Teeth - 2 with 4 on the way
    Sleep - She sleeps from 800-6:30 with 1-2 wakeups a night
    Naps - 2 two hour naps at 9 and 1
    Newest milestone - she just started crawling about 2 weeks ago and gets everywhere she needs to go super fast! She just started trying to(and sometimes successfully) pull herself up on the couch and other things.
    "Words" - she loves to babble. She says 'dada'
    Sociability - She loves everyone! She loves all the attention she gets when we are out and about(we get stopped a lot because of her hair).

35. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: not on his own! Thank god. But he can motor around our coffee table pretty well! I didn't ask my led about the homo milk. I did a bit of online research and heard of a few other moms who did it and I just made the executive decision. He refuses formula (multiple brands) and I am 100% done with breastfeeding, so there aren't really many other (none that I know of!) options.

@GrapeCrush: oh! We have a piglet too. He eats everything and only turned his nose up to cottage cheese. I need to try it again soon!

36. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Oh my gosh, I am so seriously behind. I love hearing about all of your little ones - I can't believe how old they are already!
    K is 8 months, 16.5 lbs, and she has 4 teeth! She's crawling, pulling up to standing, and basically just constantly on the go. She is NOT a fan of solid food - she barely eats anything, which is frustrating because it means she wants to nurse more. The only thing she eats reliably is puffs/mum mums...and I don't want to start that habit.

I have a Pinterest board for her birthday party, haha - but I know I won't have anywhere near enough time/motivation to plan something big. I'm thinking I'll do a 'Kennedy in One-derland' sort of tea party...but I'm going back to work the week before she turns one, so we'll see how it actually turns out.

And she's just waking up from her nap now! I'll catch up with you ladies later!

37. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: lol - I'm too much of a weiner to make the executive decision! Maybe I'll get brave enough by the time she's 10 months - still 1.5 months away! I'm kinda glad he's not walking on his own. I'm not ready!!

@GrapeCrush: 2 two hour naps. Wow. I do happy dances when I get the two hour nap!

@RedSmarties: Kennedy in One-derland!! That's too cute.

38. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: yea! I'm not really ready for it either! LOL. I did a bunch of reading and they say between 9 and 12 months, so I felt ok with it. Obviously everyone pushes one year + anyway so I just had to decide. I honestly feel like a new person now that I'm not conjoined at the boob!

39. Alivoo01

@.twist.: What are you doing to relieve engorgment? I didn't pump for quite a few hours one and omg. they hurt so bad. even to the touch!! Nervous about weaning....

40. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@.twist.: oh I forgot, she hates, hates, hates puréed green beans and peas. But she will eat them if they aren't puréed....so picky! Haha

@Grace: it's great! Especially since her second 2 hour nap coincides with DS nap, so double nap for mama! But of course today she napped for 1 hr after I wrote that. Still better than nothing though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee