Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Labor & Deliveries!

1. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: YESSSS!!! Good grief, that's fast!!! So incredibly happy for you! Now, one of us def has to move because N/J are 3 days apart and C/L are just 1 day!!

Congrats!!!

2. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. J: holy mole! Glad you got there in time!

3. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: congrats!!

4. Chaosmaven

apricot / 315 posts

@Mrs. J: Yay! (I've been stalking you today...) Congratulations to all 4 of you! Love the name - can't wait to meet him

5. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: goodness gracious! What a birth!

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: WHAT!? That is so incredible! Congratulations!!!!

7. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: WOW!!!!!! Sign me up for a delivery like that!! Congratulations!

8. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. J: oh my gosh, awesome! congrats! love the name!!

9. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Mrs. J: amazing!! congrats!

10. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@Mrs. J: wow! Hi Logan! Congrats!!
    @Mrs. Chocolate: Congrats!!!!!!!

11. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

Just popping in to congrats to all the new mamas!!!

12. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

A few new additions! Yesterday was a busy day for babies around here

August Babies
    June 22: Torchwood - Liliana Rae
    July 21: Portboston - Miles
    July 25: kayakgirl73 - Emma
    July 26: Raspberries - Kieran Joseph
    July 27: Mrs. Scientist -Ellie
    Aug 1: Mrs. Microscope -Penelope Danielle, Mizhi
    Aug 3: Mrs. Star - Isla Brooke
    Aug 4: lilteacherbee - Carter Michael, autumnlove , Mrs. Chocolate , lil owl , FliegepilzHut - Benjamin
    Aug 5: Mrs. J - Logan Michael
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain , Goldy
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, getjazzy
    August 5: dagny
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 9: aprild
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 26: kitty
    August 28: Summerbebe, LauraBear
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

13. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: don't forget @FliegepilzHut!

14. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Oh crap.. Good eye! Going to correct. Thanks!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: Thanks for updating!! I think FliegepilzHut also had her baby (I'm on my phone and it won't let me do the list that way)

ETA: nevermind!

16. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @lilteacherbee: Thanks for the heads up ladies.. I can't believe all the action around here yesterday and today. We need more of that dust so feel free to drops some haha.

17. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @lilteacherbee: @getjazzy: Thanks!

What an amazing day yesterday!

18. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Sorry about that, didn't mean to leave you off

19. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@getjazzy: Not at all. Thank you!

20. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. J: Wow, that was so fast! Congrats!!

21. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Mrs. J: AHHHH congrats mama! stalking to see your update! welcome Logan!!!

22. mrsjyw

@Mrs. Chocolate: congrats on your baby girl!!

23. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

Oh my goodness, baby boom over here!! August is an awesome month to be born (my bd is tomorrow, so I'm a bit biased ). Hope you are all doing well!! Congratulations!!

24. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

I currently have a kid on my boob & am on my phone so I can't tag everyone but....congrats to all the new babies!!!

25. mrsjyw

@LovelyPlum: happy birthday! Mine is next with! yay August babies!!

26. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@LovelyPlum: happy bday! Mine is in Aug too!@mrsjyw:

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsStar: Congratulations!!! So glad your rainbow baby is here. Beautiful name, too!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Portboston: yup! Life these days!

29. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

Thank you everyone. My phone isnt letting me reply to everyone sorry.

@getjazzy: I went back and forth but thought it was a girl at the end. At the start I thought boy though

30. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I got my VBAC, and what an amazing feeling it is! My contractions started Friday morning but were irregular and about 15 min apart. I knew I wasn't in active labor, so I went about my day as usual. I had a prenatal appointment at 3pm and found out I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced, but the doctor couldn't tell me if I would be having a baby soon. Contractions were spreading further apart, so I decided to go to bed at 10:30pm. A little after 1am I woke up to painful contractions that were 5 min apart. My husband and I called his mom to come stay at our house with our son, and we went to the hospital. We got there at 2:30, and I was having contractions 3 minutes apart. I was 4cm dilated and 90% effaced. They admitted me to a room where the contractions kept getting stronger and more painful. I knew I needed an epidural. I felt like my uterus was being stabbed by knives. It was around 4am when the epidural was placed, and I got relief! Epidural are awesome! I was 7cm dilated by 4:30am. By 6:30am, I was 9cm dilated. I was fully dilated by around 9am, but baby wasn't at a good station for pushing. The doctor wanted him to be at +2 and he was between a 0 and +1. I waited for what felt like forever for him to drop down. Finally at 12:30pm, he was at +2, so I started pushing with the guidance of my nurse and doctor. It took 1.5 hours, but I pushed him out! He was in a great position, not posterior like his brother. Our son's name is Nathaniel and he is 8 pounds 14 ounces and 19.5 inches long! We're so in love with him. Benefits of the VBAC for me include not feeling any pain afterward (I only tore a tiny bit by my labia) and I get to go home tomorrow! This recovery has been a breeze so far.

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: congratulations mama! So happy for your successful VBAC and your new bigger family!

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Huge congratulations to you, I'm soooo so happy you got your VBAC! Welcome baby Nathaniel!! sounds like such a perfect recovery so far!

33. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@aprild: you and Nathaniel did it! Go team baby! So glad it all worked out!

34. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@aprild: congrats!! I am so happy you got the VBAC you wanted!!

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@aprild: Awesome!! So glad you got your VBAC! Love the name (my first son is Nathan )!! Congrats!!!!

36. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@aprild: congrats!! So happy you got the vbac you wanted

37. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@aprild: i have a nate (june baby) too!! congrats!

38. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@aprild: congrats! Sounds like you had a good experience, glad it worked out how you wanted

39. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@aprild: What a great birth story! Congrats!

40. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Whew! What a day! I did not get my VBAC, but it wasn't for lack of trying! I had regular contractions all day Friday, and they picked up and got painful around 11pm. I called my midwife at midnight. She told me to get rest and call her when the contractions were 3-4 mins apart. I called her back at 4:15 am. She told me to meet her at 4:45 at the bith center. I was only 2 cm, but 90% effaced. She let me stay and gave me nubain to try to let me get some sleep. Which was awesome. I slept for two hours and woke up to more painful contrax. She sent my husband and I out walking. 1.5 hours later I was still a two. She told us our choice was stay and shed break my water or go home and labor. We picked staying and she broke my water, I immediately went to a 4! To not make this any longer, it took me 4 more hours to get to a 5. We did every natural labor trick in the book. Walking, squats, baby sifting, birth ball, etc. no luck, no progress. Finally at 8:30 pm she checked me again. No change and my cervix was starting to swell. She said in her opinion it was time to transfer, as swollen cervixes don't usually un-swell. Baby also hadn't descended past a -2. She said it had nothing to do with my VBAC status and this sort of thing would always result in a section. To be honest, I wasn't too upset. I didn't give up and I'd never want to endanger me or baby.
    My hospital transfer was wonderful! No one gave me a hard time about wanting to VBAC at a birth center.
    Baby girl (who has yet to be named) arrived at 10:17pm. 9lb110z, 21 inches long. We are all healthy and happy!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee