Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Labor & Deliveries!

1. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: you are having a baby today! You can totally do this! And we are all here cheering you on!

2. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: You can do it! I heard screaming in L&D after I had LO, but I never even wanted to myself. All this time laboring now should make it easier later!

3. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: You can totally do this!! I work in a hospital birthing suite and it's quite rare to hear anyone screaming. You get the odd person here and there but it's definitely not the norm! Thinking about you!

4. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Thank you guys for all that encouragement yesterday! I will post more details later - but little Ramona June was born yesterday at 8:17pm.

Labor started at 2am on Saturday night. Went to the hospital after only a couple hours at home because they were 3 mins apart immediately. Then I got sent home and labored with DH (my incredible "dudela") from 3-7cm before heading back to the hospital around 2:30pm. Finished dilating and pushed for 2 hours. Totally Med free and omg was it hard, but I am so proud of myself and I literally don't know how to handle the love I have for this little one. It just grows every time I look at her!

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: congrats!!!!!! So beautiful!!!

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Oh also - 7 pounds even, and 20 inches long!

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: Congrats!!! She's beautiful

8. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@buttermilk way to go!!! So happy for you. Ramona June is adorable!

9. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@buttermilk: congrats!! Way to go - hope you and Ramona are doing well

10. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

11. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: oh yayyy!! So happy for you and your DH! I was checking the Mom's board and didn't think to check here - you are awesome to go no-meds!! And Ramona is beautiful!!

12. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@abmamma: congrats!! beautiful baby!!!

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Congratulations!!! She's beautiful!

@abmamma: Great story and that photo is precious!!

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: yay! She's here! And you got your med free birth!

@abmamma: oh my goodness! Crazy! So glad you got there in time! What beautiful kids!

15. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: yay!!! Congrats!!

16. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@abmamma: great story and cute picture!!

17. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: congrats! She's adorable and I love the name!!
    @abmamma: wow!! What a story! Glad everything turned out ok! Congrats!

18. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

I'm not sure if anyone is checking this board anymore but can't resist sharing my baby's pictures and a little bit of the story here!

Cormac "Mac" Raymond was born on August 26th at 4:09pm PST. He weighed in at 7lbs even and 19 inches. Since I'd been having those prelabor contractions for over a week, I initially dismissed the contractions that morning and even went into work Thankfully, my office is less than a mile from the hospital so when in the middle of a meeting, I had a contraction so bad I couldn't talk, I decided to call DH and get him to come pick me up to go to the hospital. I was admitted at 12:15pm, got into the room and was already at 9cm. My water broke on the toilet in the hospital room as I started to feel the urge to push, and I was pushing by 1:30pm. After over two hours of pushing, Mac's head was right there - I even got to feel it and felt all the hair right away! But his heart rate was dropping so we all decided to use the vacuum extractor to get him out. I was so done at that point and was relieved to know that he was coming. He came out right away with the vacuum and they put him all bloody and everything right on my chest. What a moment!

I ended up with a second degree tear because of the vacuum so still wondering if I should have pushed through without it. Oh well! I am shocked I got through med-free but am feeling a little traumatized now, like when the nurse was checking me out afterwards and asked me to breathe deep so she could check my lungs. Don't want to hear that phrase again anytime soon! Haha. But we love him and so thankful he's here!! He looks so much like DH

19. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@LauraBear: what a doll baby! Congrats on a great delivery mama

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@LauraBear: congrats!!!

21. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@LauraBear: congrats!!!! Cute baby!

22. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

Is everyone here? All August babies have arrived?

23. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@LauraBear: hooray! What a cutie!

24. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@LauraBear: What a sweetheart! Love all his hair. Congrats!

25. mommygrace

coffee bean / 34 posts

Baby David made his arrival into this works exactly 1 week ago today! I was in labor 16 hours and he was 9 pounds 2 oz and 20.5 in long. I had an un medicated childbirth and recovery is going really well so far. Super thankful for this little blessing!

26. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@mommygrace: Congratulations!!

27. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mommygrace: congrats!!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee