2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: Awww yay!!!

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: yay, little bean!!

4. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@MrsADS: We've had a long string of boys among our family and friends too. Fingers crossed that we break the cycle!

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: DH has a "feeling" he's only capable of making baby boys lol. I hope he is wrong, I would love a girl at some point. Good luck at your appointment Friday!

6. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsStar: @autumnlove: @lilteacherbee: @Mrs. J: thanks guys! We are really excited to have had a good appt after the drama.

7. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: Yay! Sweet little baby!

8. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

EDD: 8/3 based on LMP. 7/30 RE's date based on the IUI and my short cycle.

Child # 2. Number one is a 23 month old girl.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: Hmm. Can't think of a good one.
    How old are you?: 41
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely finding out!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Girl

When approximately will you find out?: No idea

When's your next appointment?: Wednesday 1/7 , appt. was supposed to have been today but the OB had to cancel.

My symptoms: Nausea and extreme tiredness.

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: woohoo!!

10. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Holy pregnancy brain. I gassed up my car this morning and the total seemed a little high to me but I drove it closer to empty than I usually do so I didn't think too much of it until I got to work and checked my receipt.. this genius filled up with premium fuel by accident! LO was up a lot last night so I'm extra sleep deprived today but still, I feel like an idiot. Thank goodness gas prices aren't insanely high right now so I didn't get robbed too badly. Need.a.coffee.

11. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

6w this morning and I woke up so so sick... ohhh Lord no.

12. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: oh no! With DS, I locked my keys in the car with the car running and set my scarf on fire...all in the same day.

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: On fire?! Omg.. how did that happen? I guess my morning could definitely be much worse. The day has kind of turned around and become productive which is nice since I'll be off work until next tuesday, there are a lot of things I've been trying to get off my plate.

14. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: I had gone to Trader Joe's, which is when the key locking incident occurred. Luckily, my dad still had a spare key to my car and let me in. I was stuck in traffic on the way home, starving with only candy and frozen Chinese food in the car, so when I got home, I went to make myself a snack. DH was boiling a pot of water, and when I reached up to the microwave to get my bao, my scarf caught on fire and I didn't even notice! Needless to say, I wasn't allowed to touch anything else thanks to pregnancy brain.

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: Haha wow, ya I think that was a fair call regarding doing nothing else that day. Good thing you didn't burn yourself.

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Sorry to have been MIA. Lots of travel over the holidays! But I've been reading on my phone, so congrats to everyone who has had good appointments and ultrasounds!

-EDD : August 9

-Child # 1? 2? I never know how to answer this. We lost our daughter when I was 8 months (and two m/c's before that), so first living hopefully.

-Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I never know how to answer this either! Um, I'm a huge nerd and DH and I play Pathfinder (same as Dungeons and Dragons, just a different brand basically). I'm particularly a Star Wars nerd and have over 100 Star Wars books.

-How old are you?: 29

-Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Finding out. We started out TG last time, but this time I need to know asap so I can process. We're doing the Harmony test, so we'll know in a couple of weeks.

-What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Boy

-What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Boy. But I've been saying our next would be a boy since before I got pregnant. I think it's just a reaction to having lost a girl.

-When's your next appointment?: Genetics counselor on the 6th for blood draw for Harmony (but I think she scheduled it too early even though I told her my LMP date wasn't right since I ovulated late, so I'm going to check with her on whether we need to wait another week), and midwife to hear the heartbeat on the 7th.

Glad everyone is overall doing well, and my sympathies to those who are sick! I've had some really sickly bouts, but no vomiting yet for which I'm grateful. Mostly I'm just SO tired. I was never this tired with any of my previous pregnancies. It's weird because you know that they're not all the same, but you still expect it to be. I'm always surprised when something is different.

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Guys! I woke up feeling normal for the first time in over a week! Still have sore boobs and I'm super tired, but the nausea and 'hangover' head is gone today! Taking advantage and hit the gym, doing laundry, cleaning house and getting a new years day brunch baking project done, because I feel like this is too good to last!

18. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

I had my first nurse appointment today. They asked me a gazillion questions, took urine/blood to confirm pregnancy and set up my genetic appointment for early Feb! I should know the sex about a week after that appointment.

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@autumnlove: squeeeeeeeee! Are you doing the harmony test?

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@autumnlove: So exciting! Mine is the 20th so I should know sex by the end of January!

21. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@autumnlove: @lilteacherbee: jealous! I don't qualify for those, unless the first tri screen is positive, so hoping no on that. Yay for good appointments!

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I just realized that I said we're doing Harmony above. We're doing the Panorama, I think. Now I'm confused.

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I did it with my LO and it brought a lot of peace of mind to my normally anxious self! My first pregnancy was miscarried due to a chromosomal abnormality, so that's why they offer it to me.

24. autumnlove

@kjpugs: I am not sure what it is called. She just said non invasive blood exam!

25. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

One of my friends' OB's stopped doing the typical 12 week testing and only does the blood test now, and I'm going to ask about it. She said a friend of hers was charged based on income. We will pay for an early ultrasound to determine gender anyway (we're those people) so I figure if I can pay out of pocket and get the gender as well as important genetic information, it's an awesome option. I'm going back on Jan 9th and will ask about it then.

26. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: If your doctor will order it, MaterniT21 charges like $2500, but even if insurance doesn't cover it (mine didn't), you only pay $200 max. Totally worth it! I freaked when I saw the bill, but I just sent the lab the explanation of benefits from insurance and they reduced it to $200.

27. autumnlove

@Mrs. Microscope: feeling normal is awesome!
    @@kjpugs: good luck on the 9th!

What is everyone doing for fitness? I just started working out this past weekend and I'm doing cardio on machines. I gotta do as much as possible while I have energy!

28. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@autumnlove: Ha! Does teaching 18 four/five year olds count? Well that and taking my toddler on walks/generally chasing him around.

29. autumnlove

@lilteacherbee: Ya, that counts! I think I'm worried about fitness this time...nosy older people are making comments about twins and I'm only 5ish weeks!

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@autumnlove: Oh geez! Well I'm 8 weeks and looking like I did at 12 last time.

31. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@kjpugs: The lab doing ours (which I think is panorama but I forget for sure) only charges $25 no matter what. They have a deal with Vanderbilt, where I go. I'd definitely look into those sorts of deals!

32. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@autumnlove: My fitness consists of sitting on the couch watching my 2 year old destroy the house Once this morning sickness disappears lo and I will be going on daily walks to the playground or something. I'm already looking how I did at 17 weeks last time.

I was going to wait until our 12 week scan but we've already decided on the baby's room theme, I've made a list of things I need to buy for baby and have even bought a gender neutral outfit. Already have our boys name picked out and had our girls name but I don't love it any more so have my researching girls names.
    Anyone else as crazy as me?

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsStar: we have a boy and girl name already

34. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@autumnlove: I am crazy about fitness! After the holiday lull with family in town, I'm back in the thick of it. I do cardio 4 days a week (length of 1 episode of Vampire Diaries), prenatal yoga 3 days a week, and resistance and weights with my trainer 2 days a week. Sunday is my only day off!

35. autumnlove

@Mrs. Microscope: awesome! I just started a 5k running program and I want to do some strength stuff too. I miss my old trainer!

36. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

My nipples are leaking! Was not expecting that at 8 weeks.

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Preggo problems. I am so hungry, but so nauseous I can't eat.
    Thank goodness I can pick up my zofran tomorrow. It gets worse by the hour!

38. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Torchwood: I'm waiting for mine to start at any moment. they started leaking at 17 weeks last time. I'll be stocking up on breast pads in the very near future.

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsStar: They never did last time until postpartum (I went to 33 weeks), so I just hadn't thought about it! I guess I'll be getting some pads too!

40. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Torchwood: Mine aren't actively leaking but I have milk for sure, I've seen some in the shower. I only stopped nursing LO right before I got pregnant again so I guess it shouldn't be a huge shock but I was still surprised!

@autumnlove: Was just trying to get over the hurdle of early 1st trimester exhaustion and sickness and then I want to start using the elliptical and I will be doing prenatal yoga later on. I came in to this pregnancy a little heavier than I'd like so I want to try and keep that in control.

@kjpugs: I hope the zofran helps!! Feel better

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee