Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. pinkcrayon

coffee bean / 26 posts

when is everyone planning to share their pregnancies with family? With my first, we waited until 12 weeks and I always thought I would want to share sooner with my second, but now I am not sure. Last time I told my mom earlier but I think she didn't like having to keep it a secret from the rest of the family - she is terrible at keeping secrets. DH wants to just tell everyone at Christmas but I will only be 6 weeks then.

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@pinkcrayon: our parents and siblings and grandparents already know, but we won't tell any one else until 12/13 weeks.

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@pinkcrayon: We've told my mom, dad, and stepmom (and younger siblings), and DH's mom and stepdad. He wants to wait on his dad and everyone else. If I can hide it (I show early), we'll probably wait till we get the results of the screening around 10-12 weeks. We'll know the sex then too, so that'll make it more fun.

ETA- In the past we've told much earlier, but DH wants to do things differently this time. I'm not in any hurry either.

4. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@pinkcrayon: we are telling out families over Xmas, I'll be 7 weeks. Really can't hold it from them any longer!

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@pinkcrayon: Our parents, my sister, and my grandma know. We had a Christmas gathering with DH's extended family this past weekend, but we didn't want to say anything until after our ultrasound (my first pregnancy ended in a missed m/c at 9 weeks and we found out at our first ultrasound, so I'm kinda nervous). We may tell my extended family on Christmas Eve since our ultrasound is tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet. I'll be almost 8 weeks.

6. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

3rd and final beta was 1,408. (On Friday it was 453, I think) So I feel good about that. Now to wait till the u/s on Jan 2!

We are going to tell my mom and sis at Christmas. We will be with my grandparents, aunt & uncle and cousins and I'm not planning on telling them. Although it is tempting because we don't see them in person very often, and my grandparents are very, very elderly and this would be just the greatest thing ever for them...

7. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@pinkcrayon: We're going to tell our immediate families for Christmas, even though I'll only be 6.5 weeks. It just seems like the perfect opportunity, and it's getting harder not to say something. I'd like to wait until after the 8 week ultrasound to tell most other people though.

8. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@pinkcrayon: we told our immediate families on thanksgiving! I was only 5 weeks, but my husband hates waiting. Both of us have told our close friends. My mom sent a mass text to my extended family right after I told her! I was so mad, apparently I forgot to tell her not to tell anyone yet. I wish this wasn't the case, as our first ultrasound won't be until jan 8! Even though this is my second and I have no history of miscarriage, I still worry I'll have a missed mc and then ALL these people will have to be told. We won't announce to other friends or on social media for a while. Last time I didn't put it on Facebook until 17 weeks.

9. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@pinkcrayon: I want to wait until we know the sex to share with my family that lives 6 hours away. I am 35 so I think I can find out around 10-12 weeks with a blood test?

DH's family will probably figure it out soon...we see them frequently and I am definitely showing already at 4 weeks. I guess it is hard to hide a 3rd pregnancy!

10. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Ultrasound went well! Measuring 8 weeks (but I'm not sure if the tech was just rounding?). Saw the heartbeat and it was nice and strong. Happy camper! Although DH is bummed it's not twins. I would have loved twins too in theory. Logistically, I don't know how I would swing that with LO at home haha.

Here's little peanut and the yolk sac.

11. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: cute little peanut! And I'm sure your DH will not miss the fact you aren't having twins once baby arrives!

12. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I totally agree! Haha while it would be a special blessing, it's probably better for both our sanity to just have one baby at a time.

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: Awww yay!! Glad it went well!

14. pinkcrayon

coffee bean / 26 posts

@getjazzy: Yay! that's great!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Ultrasound today went great! I'm always super nervous before ultrasounds because that's how we found out about our m/c, so I was so relieved to know everything was okay. Measuring right on track at 7w3d with an official due date of August 8th. Heartbeat was 153 bpm! I should get a call from MFM soon to schedule the NT scan and blood draw for MaterniT21.

Here's the bean!

16. pinkcrayon

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Mrs. J: @Torchwood: @buttermilk: @lilteacherbee: @krispi: @OhCaptain: @autumnlove: Thanks for sharing when you will telling your families. Christmas seems like the perfect time since all of DH family will be together in one place, but he has 18 people in his immediate family (including adult and teen nieces and nephews) so there would be no keeping it just between a few if we do tell. And like I said, my mom would find it too hard to keep a secret. I think I will wait until after my OB appt in Jan, and then maybe share it at our annual superbowl party with all the family.

17. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

So jealous of all these ultrasounds!!

18. autumnlove

@lilteacherbee: Awww, so exciting!!!!

@OhCaptain: I know..me tooo! My appt is on 1/29...so far away!

19. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@autumnlove: that's too far! Mine is 1/8

20. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

I love seeing all these ultrasounds! I can't wait for mine, but it's still a week and a half away.

21. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Beautiful ultrasounds ladies!

I'm so excited I booked an informational tour & seminar of a local birthing center here that has an amazing reputation. It's a 30 min drive from our place which is the only downside since we love in a city. There is another hospital I'm considering with a birth center attached that's 5 blocks from our house. I scheduled my first prenatal appt with them. But I'm nervous that one will still be too hospitally for a truly natural experience. I read some bad reviews but it's so much more convenient.

How did/will you guys decide where to give birth or who your doc/midwife will be. Did you make appts with different practices and then decide? Is that common or crazy? I dont have any mommy friends in the city so I can't get anyone's recommendation.

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: @getjazzy: beautiful beans!!
    @buttermilk: for my first, I went to the practice my mom goes to, which has OBs and midwives. I saw the midwives. The hospital I birthed at was at least 30 min away on a good day, but I had a completely natural birth. The only thing they did was break my water because I was exhausted on my third day of labor. I loved the midwives; however, it seemed much too far for #2, so I've switched to the hospital 15 minutes from my house. They have a midwife group and new birthing center. So far, I like them. If it isn't a good fit, I will check out the midwives my SIL used (the hospital is 20ish minutes away)..

All this to say, you're not crazy for checking multiple practices and a natural birth in a hospital is possible.

23. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I've definitely heard many women say that they checked out more than one practice before choosing. There's only one midwife practice in my city, so I was limited since I really wanted midwives. But I LOVE them, so it worked out. I'd have checked out other options if I'd had them.

24. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: with my first, I saw an ob recommended to me by my SIL, but wasn't too choosy, because I knew I'd be moving before the baby was born (my husband got a job offer the same day I got a BFP), I ended up moving at 29 weeks to a much smaller town in a different state. That town only had one OB office, with a few obs and one nurse midwife. I had heard amazing things about the nurse midwife so I saw her. I loved her, and while I still ended up with a c-section she was great.

This time around I am seeing another nurse midwife, but one who owns and operates an independent birth center, and I'm hoping for a VBAC (I should add, we are once again in a different town). There are more options in this town but only one doc who will do VBACS and apparently while he will do them, the hospital it's self isn't very supportive.

25. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@lilteacherbee: yay for a healthy bean!

Heading in for my ultrasound today, wish me luck!

26. autumnlove

I love all these ultrasounds. I just stole this from the July thread...

EDD:
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex):
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself:
    How old are you?:
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green?
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?:
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?:
    When approximately will you find out?:
    When's your next appointment?:

27. autumnlove

EDD: LMP 8/30, based on O in FF...8/28

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): LO 3! I have 2 girls....almost 3 and almost 20 months.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I have a photographic memory for the most useless stuff.

How old are you?: 35

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? I am very impatient and I don't think I can wait...

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: boy!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: girl!

When approximately will you find out?: I think late Feb, early March.

When's your next appointment?: First nurse appt is on 12/30 and first OB is on 1/29.

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

EDD: 8/5, based on scan Monday
    Child # 2. DS is 13 months
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I danced for most of my life, up until 22 weeks pregnant with DS.
    How old are you?: 27
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green?team green
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: girl
    When approximately will you find out?: 8/5
    When's your next appointment?: 12/31 I have a nurse appt

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Fun!

EDD: 8/8

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex):
    This is #2. I have a 13 month old son

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I think elderly people are the cutest. Especially if they are with their SO and holding hands/generally being sweet. DH now points them out to me when we're in public

How old are you?: 25

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely finding out!

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: boy!

When approximately will you find out?: Hopefully, early Feb via blood test.

When's your next appointment?: 1/20, I'll be 11 weeks

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: @Mrs. J: @torchwood: thanks for the stories!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

31. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

EDD: 8/16/15

Child #: 1!

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I'm on track to finish grad school in July!

How old are you?: 36

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? We will definitely find out

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: Girl!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: I don't really have one yet

When approximately will you find out?: As early as we can. I haven't discussed testing with the doctor yet.

When's your next appointment?: 1/5/15 for an 8 week ultrasound

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Ultrasound went great! Saw and heard the little heartbeat! Measuring a day ahead, but not going to switch edd right now. All scheduled for nt scan in 1/28!

I will post a pic and play @autumnlove's game tonight when I get a chance!

33. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Glad that everyone's ultrasounds are going well so far!!

EDD: 8/14

Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): 2 - dd is 28 months

Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I love to cook but don't do it as often as I used to since DD was born.

How old are you?: 33

Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? We will definitely find out- way too impatient/type A to be surprised

What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: boy!

What is your gut feeling on the sex?: I don't know yet...DH thinks it's another girl.

When approximately will you find out?: sometime in March, I think?

When's your next appointment?: 1/22- seems so far away!!

34. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

We'll my stay was short but I'll have to bow out since this isn't a viable pregnancy! Best wishes to all of you.

35. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@travellingbee: hugs to you.

36. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Ok, I'm about to get on an airplane....fingers crossed my morning sickness stays at bay at least until our layover!

37. BamaBee

apple seed / 4 posts

My first post!

EDD: August 19 by LMP

How far along: 6 weeks today

First child: yes!

First doctor appointment: January 12...they said to come in between 8 & 10 weeks

Any symptoms so far: some food aversions, sore breasts

Who have you told: just DH!

38. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

EDD: 8/11
    Child # (include current child/childrens age and sex): First baby!
    Tell us a fun fact about yourself: I once made a dog wedding cake! As in a wedding cake for a dog wedding lol.
    How old are you?: 29
    Are you finding out the sex or Team Green? Definitely will find out.
    What does this gender chart predict for you http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor?: girl
    What is your gut feeling on the sex?: Boy since there are almost entirely boys on DH's paternal side of the family.
    When approximately will you find out?: not sure yet
    When's your next appointment?: Jan 6, it's my first appt!

39. autumnlove

@BamaBee: welcome to HB!!!!!!

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@BamaBee: welcome!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee