Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: exactly. Mine has been riding his strider bike since he was a little over two, but at that same age id keep him in the stroller for places like the farmers market. I think I'm leaning more towards getting a new single stroller (my city mini has a crappy front wheel) with a ride on board.

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: I want to wear leggings to work! I'm waiting for warm weather so I can just wear dresses instead of annoying tights or Bella band+ work pants.

@getjazzy: what made you turn away from the second seat on the b ready? That was our plan.

3. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

I'm going around on the double issue as well. My first will be 2 and a half when the baby comes and she is currently very small below 20% in height and weight. I used my stroller a City Mini GT a ton when I was on Maternity leave and when she was in the infant carrier the first year. Now I mainly use it for neighborhood walks or things like the zoo or pumpkin patch. In stores it's usually the shopping cart and we don't go to the mall all that often. I think she will need a stroller for a while so I'm torn on whether to get a double or not and My City Mini Gt has spoiled me.

4. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@kayakgirl73: I have the City Mini GT as well and love it! I really don't want to part with it. Have you considered the double City Mini GT? It looks like you can still use a car seat adapter on it. I think I might end up going with that since I love my single GT so much!

Those of you who already have one or more LOs, will you be registering for this baby? I'm not expecting any kind of shower, especially since my LO is only 13 months, but I was considering setting up a small registry with just a few things that we will need. I mentioned it to my mom and she told me that would be in poor taste. I told her it's not like I'd be re-registering for everything all over again, but I feel like it would be useful to be able to direct people to a registry if anyone asks if there's anything we need. I'm just thinking things like bottles, breastfeeding supplies, cheapo cloth diapers for burp cloths, etc.

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: I wasn't a big fan of the bottom seat, that one child would be stashed below and not be able to see much. I've also heard that bottom baby can reach the back wheel and stick their hand in. I preferred not to have feet in the basket. My biggest reason was that I was planning to put the infant seat on the bottom position for a good chunk of time and I've read several reviews and comments on review sites of the stroller tipping when the toddler is not in the upper seat. Adding the costs up of the lower adapter for the carseat and the second seat and it was nearly the whole cost of the entirely new double. I'm still keeping the b-ready as a single because I really liked it for that (besides the width of the back wheels, that was annoying in some doorways).

Mostly personal preference about what I was looking for in a double.

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: me too! cannnot wait for summer and skirts and dresses! at the same time, omg we are gonna be so huge and sweaty! Lol

7. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I've started a registry via amazon, but I've kept it private, as I did it to mostly keep track of the things I want/need. Mine will be over three years apart, and my local friends are insisting on throwing me a shower, although I expect they will mostly buy "fun" gifts like clothes. When another one of our friends had her second baby the rest of us just passed an envelope around for cash to contribute towards the jujube diaper bag she wanted.

I can't decide if I will do a small local registry at target (we don't have a BRU or similar) if anyone wants to buy us the few practical things we need: wash cloths, a few bottles, a new changing pad etc.

8. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: My situation is a little different, but I still had all the ones from last year and just updated with the new due date. I won't include the information anywhere, but if someone asks I'll have it, or if they go look to see if they're still there. It's more useful for me, so I can remember what I still want/need, and get registry completion coupons. I plan to keep the Amazon one for Christmas too, but take off anything that doesn't make sense to ask for as a Christmas gift for LO. Heck, I might even direct family to it for MY birthday, since there are some super cute things on there that I want for LO.

So all that to say, I don't think having a registry is in poor taste, since there are plenty of reasons why they're useful beyond just having them for a shower. But I might limit who I tell about it, and only tell people who aren't going to be judge-y?

9. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: do you have any links or pics? I have a Britax b safe I want to work with my double (when I pick one) but I hate the seat configuration of the b-ready. I was looking at the city select but couldn't swallow the price!!!

10. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

11. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

How's everyone doing in the 2nd tri? I have a routine OB appt tomorrow. 14 weeks!

My boob soreness had gotten mostly better, but now they are killing me again!

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsADS: my boob soreness is less than first tri, with no soreness at all on some days, but most days I have a touch tenderness. I finally had some boob growth, and at 15.5 weeks I am up about 1", pushing me up a cup size to small D. So its time to go shopping. At least a D should last for awhile, as I am barely a D! But who knows, this could be just the beginning!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: I've been looking at the Contours double, too. Mine will be 20.5 months apart, so I definitely feel like I'm going to need one.

@MrsADS: I'm 16 weeks and feeling good for the most part. I still get awful headaches and I'm tired all the time, but I can't really complain. Still can't believe I'm almost halfway there! It feels like I just found out a couple weeks ago, but my anatomy scan is next week!

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: I seriously love you for posting that!!!! I don't *love* the way you have to strap on the infant seat or the color choices, but at $299 (or $240 after BBB 20% off!) that's less than half the only other options out there that I knew of! I'm going to head to BBB and check it out. What color did you get??

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsADS: I was just noticing more boob soreness again (and I am 14w too!)

How's everyone with movement (definite, maybe, no?) vs how many weeks you are? I had a few "maybe" thumps (and some kind of goldfish swimming feelings) but not for a week or so. Which of course makes me a wreck. I had my first kick at 20 weeks last time with my anterior placenta, and this time it's not anterior, and they said you feel it earlier the second time, so I'm anxious!

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: The second tri is getting better for me! The headaches are getting better, which has been my worst symptom overall. A little insomnia, but not much. My boobs are ENORMOUS, but not sore really anymore. Sensitive though; I have to tell DH to stay away during sexy times. Speaking of which, libido is back. I was worried because last time I never got it back till postpartum and it was hard on DH. But it's better this time.

@kjpugs: 16 weeks and movement just got definite last week. It's pretty frequent now, as long as I'm sitting down. Laying down or standing I don't feel anything. I think sitting must squish things a little! I'm trying not to notice frequency though, so that I don't worry if I don't notice anything for a while. Easier said than done!

Anatomy scan is in 2 weeks, and I'm super nervous/worried, but also really looking forward to seeing her look like a baby instead of a blob, and just getting it over with. I'll feel a million times better once I know her brain is looking normal. Though I can NOT go from 18 weeks to delivery without checking again, so I'm going to talk to my midwife about having an ultrasound every 6-8 weeks. I'll just worry myself sick otherwise. Worst case I'll go to one of those elective places.

17. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@OhCaptain: @Torchwood: yeah I would definitely not plan on sharing it with many people. Just close family and friends who ask if we need anything. It would also be for keeping track of things we need and for the registry discounts, of course!

@MrsADS: I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again. This past weekend I felt the best I've felt in months. It was great!

@kjpugs: I've been feeling the goldfish swimming/popcorn popping sensation for about three weeks now (17 weeks tomorrow) and I'm positive it's baby movement. I by no means feel it with any regularity though.

18. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: I Know!! It's awesome. I used a 20% off at BBB and bought it off a fake registry I made in order to get it shipped to my house for free (we don't have a buy buy baby here so I had to order from bed bath, which means they don't have it in stock clearly). I got the teal one. I'm usually not a fan of strapping the infant seat in but I tried the stroller/adapter out with a car seat in it at BRU and it was much better than I expected. Plus the stroller comes with the infant adapter so no need to buy that seperately. Win win!

19. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: I'm a definite on movement here too. I felt movement with my first starting at 16 weeks and with this one I started feeling the odd flutter around 13 weeks. Now it's pretty frequent. I wouldn't worry though! Babe might just be taking it's time to wiggle near the edges of your uterus!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I also don't think there is anything wrong with you creating a little registry for lo 2.

@MrsADS: feeling good! my mostly symptomless pregnancy has stayed that way. Some constipation but I'm getting used to it, headaches are getting better for sure. 2 times this week I have had tremendous gas pains/trapped wind feeling when out at dinner with friends. Like want to die!!! Neither time was it triggered by food - so not sure what that one is about yet.

@kjpugs: 16 Wks tomorrow and only had one possibly baby feeling so far. I'm so eager to feel this!

21. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: my placenta is anterior this time, but I think I feel goldfish type moves. Around 13/14 weeks I felt more and then it stopped. But everything looked good on ultrasound at 15 weeks. I'm just looking forward to real jabs and kicks so I dont worry

22. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: I figure to go around the neighbourhood and stuff he will definitely not be in the stroller but like you, we do a lottttt of zoo trips as we have a membership and our zoo is over 6 miles of walking path. Plus like you said, farmers market, fair, apple picking and to haul both kids and all our stuff from the car to the splash pad haha. I've come to learn you really gotta love your stroller otherwise it'll collect dust so might as well get one you love. I have loved having my single and used it every single day while I was off on maternity leave last time (in Canada so 12 months).

23. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@kjpugs: I've had a few times when I thought it MAY be movement, but they've mostly coincided with being gassy, so who knows. I'm 15 weeks and getting antsy to feel something for sure. It's been 2 weeks since the last time I heard the heartbeat, and I've got another 2 weeks until my next appointment, so some reassurance in the meantime would be nice.

24. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: Awesome info! I'm so excited to try it!

25. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I personally think a registry for a second child is in poor taste, unless there's a huge age gap/different fathers. I would pick a store and if anyone asks they can get gift cards to that store. If you have a different gender baby for #2 people typically will buy clothes.

26. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: I love the gift card idea! Duh, why didn't I think of that!
    I do think I'll keep my amazon registry though, as my personal, virtual "to buy" list.

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: Amazon registry (or any registry kept to yourself) is awesome bc COMPLETION DISCOUNT!!!

28. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: @kjpugs: I was going to say the same.. register anyway for yourself and use the completion discount to buy anything you want off it. Sadly in Canada BRU doesn't offer a completion discount ... there's literally no benefit to registering besides having a "wish list" to give people and we don't have Buy buy baby here so BRU has no competition and thus no reason to do anything but GOUGE for baby items. *grumble*. Part of the reason I jumped through so many hoops to order the stroller from bed bath/buy buy instead. I hate supporting BRU.

29. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Anyone noticed a serious change in their breasts? Maybe 2nd (or more) time mamas? My breasts have felt stupidly heavy the last few weeks when I get out of bed in the morning and just today, they are warm, itchy and I have a bit of the sensation I got when my milk came in last time and I was engorged. I was ready in my pregnancy app that milk production starts early and that your supply is pretty much ready to go at the start of the 3rd trimester but I wasn't expecting this since last time I didn't notice too drastic of a change until DS was born.

30. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: mine are definitely heavy, and I can see my veins (like when I was breastfeeding) but they aren't itchy. Last time my nipples got really dark, but I haven't noticed a huge difference this time.

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: I wish I was feeling something in my boobs but at 16 Wks I've noticed very little change. DH keeps staring at them with a grin on his face every time I take my shirt off and insisting that they're bigger. But they totally aren't!!

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: @buttermilk: Thanks for the input ladies! Hoping they are just in a growth spurt today or something and that this isn't going to last lol. My husband keeps saying how much bigger they are getting but I don't agree with him either hahaha, MEN!

33. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Getjazzy I'm a first time mama but I can tell a change in my breasts. They definitely grew right away in the first tri and were super sore. The soreness got better around 10 wks or so and they seemed to stay the same size.

Just in the last week or so (I'm 14w now), they have started aching again, especially underneath and on the sides, like heavy-feeling, and they are getting bigger again. Growth spurt I guess! Although, after all this growth I'm still only a B cup

34. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@kjpugs: I think I'd feel more uncomfortable requesting gift cards when people ask. I may just keep a small registry for keeping track of what we need and the completion discount. If someone asks just give them some ideas of the small items we need.

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Oh also, whenever we update the due date list, mine is 8/11 not 8/12. I've been walking around saying he wrong date for weeks! Not that it really matters

36. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain, Goldy
    August 2: MrsStar
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, kayakgirl73 , Mihzi
    August 4: Mrs. scientist
    August 5: getjazzy , dagny, Mrs. J
    August 6: lil owl
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 8: lilteacherbee
    August 9: aprild, raspberries ,Torchwood
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 13: Mrs. Microscope, FliegepilzHut
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 28: Summerbebe
    August 30: autumnlove
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

37. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsADS: The second trimester is definitely treating me better than my first. I am slightly still nauseous, but it's way better. I can eat full meals again and I think I'm starting to gain a little weight.

38. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I had a great night out with DH, and my son did really well with his grandparents. They have offered to watch him more for us if we decide to go on any trips before baby #2 comes. We want to do a babymoon, and we're thinking about going to Barbados or another Caribbean island. I want to relax on a beach and be pampered for a little bit!

On some negative news, my son has a really bad looking rash, so I took him to the doctor. It turns out he has Henoch-Schonlein purpura (HSP), which is a disease that causes inflammation of blood vessels. The rash turns into bruising and lasts about a month. Right now his only symptom is the skin rash, but we have to monitor him to make sure it doesn't spread to his kidneys. I feel so bad for him and hope he gets better quickly. It's tough when your child is sick.

39. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kjpugs: Definite movement here for at least 2 weeks now, it's definite thumps too which is exciting. Had one the other night while I was in bed that I was able to feel with my hand from the outside so hopefully DH can feel it soon!

Had my midwife app today and finally heard baby's heartbeat, although it was NOT cooperative at all and kept running away from the doppler. Got my forms for the anatomy scan so going to book that in around 3 weeks time (midwife prefers the scan to happen on the later side of 20 weeks) (I'm currently 17)

Today while checking baby's heartbeat, LO1 lay down beside me on the couch and lifted her shirt and wanted to be checked too, so my awesome midwife let her listen to her own heartbeat. LO is getting really into the idea of babies the past few days, and when I ask if she wants a brother or a sister she says sister (even though she doesn't understand what they are yet )
    Can't believe we're almost getting to the halfway point! Now I'm out of the morning sickness fog time seems to be going so fast!

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@aprild: oh no! What can they do for him?!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee