Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: We aren't (and didn't for our first). It's not as popular here so I basically felt I didn't know anything about it or where to start. We wanted delayed cord clamping for our first but ended up with a c-section so defaulted to their regular procedure. I will put it in our birth plan again this time and hope that we are successful with our vaginal delivery this time.

I can't believe I will be 18 weeks this week. I called the doctor because they have results for our prenatal screening and they only discuss in person so the nurse said "you're due for your prenatal check up anyway so I'll book you in this week". Honestly, the last month FLEW by! I can't believe it's time to see her again. I even looked back in my calendar to make sure the nurse wasn't mistaken lol. Almost time for the anatomy scan.

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@OhCaptain: @buttermilk: @Mrs.Scientist: we use BGs 4.0, probably from about 10-12 lbs onward. We've loved them. We used thirsties and bummis covers and kissaluvs fitteds when DS was a NB.

3. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: I hear Ya, it's nuts! 3 weeks til we see a baby penis or vagina!

4. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Ugh! Not for us. We are team green but I'm waivering (as I did around this time with DS too). I can't wait for everyone else's reveals though!

5. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. J: They can't really do anything. It's just a wait and see kind of thing, but he's looking much better!

@raspberries: Thanks! He's actually doing much better

6. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I'm 17 weeks today! Can't believe how fast time is going! We'll find out the sex on the 13th, so I'm getting really excited for that appointment. I think my morning sickness is almost gone. I skipped the zofran today, and I didn't vomit once. I felt mild waves of nausea, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I'm hoping for smooth sailing the rest of the pregnancy!

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@aprild: I'm dealing with the same stuff! I was able to do every other day Zofran for a few days two weeks ago but I am back to daily or I can't function due to the nausea. It's shaping up exactly like last time when I had to be on zofran forever. Hoping to start doing every other day soon! I think we will do an early gender U/s soon because I can't wait!!!!

8. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

How is everyone doing with names? We don't find out the sex for another two weeks (which I'm dyyiiinnnggg about) so I don't think we've felt much pressure yet, but the few times we have talked about it we can't come up with anything we both like for boy or girl! I have a feeling we're going to have a much tougher time coming up with a name this time around than we did with LO#1.

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I think we are still fairly settled on our 2 favorites - Ramona & Conrad, but not ready to call it yet. Crunch time will begin after we find out gender!

@aprild: @kjpugs: glad you're both on your way to getting some relief!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: we have 2 names each for boy and girl. Just scheduled anatomy scan for 3/25 so the countdown begins!

11. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: we are doing better on agreeing on names this time! Our top choices for girls are: Tess, Eleanor, and Faye. For boys we have a harder time but I think we both like Eli, Davis, William and Harrison. The problem is we disagree which should be the first name and which should be middle (for boys).

Eta: we have an ultrasound on the 11th, hopefully we will get a good shot of the sex!

12. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We have a boy name and a girl name (both family names) but my sister is having a boy and our boy name is on her list. (It was our dads name. And no, we will not both use it.) so if we find out boy, I will have to talk to her. I give her first dibs. But we also don't have other names. So it stresses me out a bit.

13. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

We're stuck in the name department. Ugh it was easy last time and this time so hard.

I tried to do public cord banking last time as my hospital offers it but they didn't get enough cord blood for the donation. They were able to send what they got to be used for research. I will probably try to do public banking again.

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Oh also, sorry if TMI, but I wanted to share with you guys that I've been having a lot of success with my constipation problem! Idk exactly why, I stopped taking colace over a month ago. Only thing ive changed is I started drinking a small glass of Good Belly probiotic juice every morning. And I've since felt waaaaay better!

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We nailed our name down about a week after we found out he's a boy! He's Carter Michael

Our anatomy scan is tomorrow and I can't wait!!

16. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: I have a similar dilemma. My dad passed away when my son was born. He and my brother (and my grandpa) all share(d) a middle name. My brother and his wife are not currently pregnant, and aren't sure when/if they will have kids, but I've always seen that name as his to use. I really don't like my dad's first name (Donald) and while I like his middle name (Kirkpatrick) I only like it as a middle name. My son shares a middle name with my husband, it is also dh's dad's and grandpas middle name. We always knew our first son would have that middle name. So, while I don't really care one way or another what this baby is, I sort of want it to be a girl, cause the names are so much easier for us.

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: good tip! Colace stopped working for me last week, and my ob was out of suggestions other than magnesium based laxatives that risk dehydration. I am still suffering big time!

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: Yes exactly. I haven't brought it up to her yet because maybe we can avoid it!!!

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@buttermilk: Mine strangely has randomly improved. Not 100% yet and pretty much taking zofran the same, so I'm not sure what gives! But I'll take it!

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: Where do you get it??? I'm interested b/c of the constipation and my midwife recommended a probiotic for the strep B.

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We're TG, but I think we're down to 4: Charlotte or Madeleine and Logan or Dean. We might just go in with all 4!

22. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We haven't talked about names for a few weeks, I think we decided to wait until we know the gender, but really struggling with a girls name this time! Going to ring up and book an ultrasound today (going to aim for 17 March since I'll be 20 weeks then)

23. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

For those who don't know gender yet - what are you thinking it is?
    I'm thinking girl

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: I found it at Whole Foods!

@kjpugs: Mine could also be totally random!

@MrsStar: If I had to guess, I would say girl. Everyone in our families is saying girl, bc they all want one, bc they are so rare on DH's side. So we are more likely to have a boy. But I kind of think it's a girl too! Probably totally wrong

25. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@MrsStar: My anatomy scan will be on March 17 when I will be exactly 20 weeks, too. I can hardly wait! I have an appointment tomorrow, at 18 weeks, and I kinda want to be like, "can't you just do a quick little ultrasound to tell us the gender???" haha. My gut has had me leaning towards girl up until recently but now I'm not so sure. DH's family is mostly males so I'm half expecting to it to be another boy.

26. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk and others - so happy your constipation is better! I am still taking Miralax every. day. With that it's ok, but without... yikes.

I am having a lot of weird cramping/pain in my abdomen, especially low down (like pubic area). I am hoping it's just things relaxing and shifting, like round ligament pain. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

27. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@MrsADS: I had this a couple of weeks ago. It went away gradually as my hips started to get sore. I chalked it up to round ligament.

@Mrs.Scientist: I'm happy to report we have both a girl name and a boy name picked out. We were iffy on the boy's name, but I bargained my way to the boy's name I prefer We'll hopefully find out March 14 what it is. If I were a betting person, I'd put money on it being a boy, though.

28. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: we are no where with names! DH doesn't really want to seriously discuss until we know the sex (says it will be easier when we can rule out 50% of names) but so far I have several boy names I like but zero girl names.

@MrsStar: I don't know....DH is convinced it is another girl (but largely because he I think he is trying to not be disappointed if its not a boy). Part of me thinks it is another girl too-- lots of things surrounding this pregnancy (non-symptom wise) are very similar to the last time (like weirdly similar) which is giving me deja vu. But I really don't have a gut instinct at this point.

@buttermilk: there were virtually no girls on DH's side until DD....everyone was convinced we'd have a boy (myself included) and were surprised that it was girl (to the point that my MIL kept asking if it was possible they misread the ultrasound--drove me crazy!).

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@abmamma: so there is hope! I don't really care either way, though I am sort of wishing it's a girl only since I'm afraid I'll never get one.

30. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsStar: We are not finding out and I'm leaning girl this time. Last time I was dead set boy, and it was. We'll see!! Excited for everyone to start announcing!

31. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: I'm sure you're right on the round ligament pain. I was having some pains a few weeks ago and it passed after a few days or a week (can't really remember exactly). Must have been a growth spurt of some sort. I had an extraordinarily crampy pregnancy with my first. Allllll the way up until part way through my 3rd trimester so it can definitely be normal to be more sensitive to it.

32. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: @abmamma: I have 3 names that I really, really like....DH said he was "meh" on all of them, but unless he presents a usable alternative (and he is not one to do any research on names), it's going to be one of those three names.

We're in a unique position of wanting names that exist in both my husband's language and still sounds good in English, so that really, really narrows down our choices a lot.

33. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We already know we're having a girl, and we're 99% sure on Emily as her first name. We've even started calling her Emily from time to time. We're still undecided on the middle name, but I'm starting to lean more toward one choice than the other.

So, we did a good bit of shopping on Sunday and found 2 sets of nursery furniture that we like. I probably pushed myself a little bit more than I should have, and in the car on the way home I noticed my lower abdomen was hurting. I figured I'd go home, rest up, and drink some fluids. Except the pain didn't go away all night. I thought it might be gas, but it's weird for gas pain to last that long. I started hurting again when I woke up yesterday morning, so I called my doctor's office. They didn't seem too concerned but told me to come in yesterday afternoon. Between the time I called and when they wanted to see me, it started hurting even worse. The doctors were suspecting round ligament pain, but that didn't sound quite right to me. They did an ultrasound, and thankfully everything with the baby looked fine. They finally got the urine test results, and it turns out I have a urinary tract infection. I'm on antibiotics for the next few days. The worst pain was last night, and it's already getting better this morning. I was trying not to freak out, but having such intense pain right in the area where the baby is was concerning. Thankfully, when they started the ultrasound, the first thing I could see was her heart beating. I can handle something being wrong with me and working on getting myself better.

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@krispi: Ugh, that sucks - glad you're starting to feel better. I had a UTI early in this pregnancy (around 10 weeks) and it was more painful than any UTI I'd had before, too.

@Anagram: What's your husband's native language? That sounds like it'll be quite a challenge!

@buttermilk: @abmamma: We have 5 nephews and 0 nieces on my side of the family - and we're having a boy, so it'll be 6 boys and no girls on that side. Just a few more and we'll have a baseball team!

@kayakgirl73: We are also so, SO stuck in the name department. How does public cord banking work? Is it the same as private, except that it's a donation for public use instead of for your use only? Are there costs associated with it?

35. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@krispi: ugh, sorry about the UTI! They are awful. At my very first appointment they diagnosed me with one after I provided them with a urine sample and I didn't have any symptoms. It was so weird. I'm so used to UTIs being so uncomfortable and painful that it's hard to wrap my head around how I could have one and not even know it! I hope you feel better soon.

@raspberries: I'm glad we're not the only ones stuck on names!

36. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@raspberries: Tamil!

37. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Anagram: Hmmm... I have Indian friends living in the US who have named their kids things like Sonya, Mira, Leela, that kind of double name. And I also have a friend who struggled trying to find a dual English/Punjabi name - she eventually gave up and her son ended up with an English name that has the same meaning as a family name in Punjabi. Maybe that'd be a good compromise if you're stuck?

@Mrs.Scientist: It's ridiculous how hard it can be to name a kid!

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Anatomy scan went well! Confirmed that he is definitely a boy I'm currently waiting to get blood drawn for an antibody they found at my first OB appt (anti-m). I had it with my first LO and it was never a problem because the levels were always so low. So, fingers crossed we have the same situation this time. I go back to MFM on April 7 for another ultrasound, but they said everything looks great! Oh, and he's only measuring 3 days ahead rather than the 2-3 weeks ahead that his brother always measured. Hoping this means no GD this time!!

Here's Carter!

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@krispi: That happened to me last time but I ended up on the hospital! They feared blood clots since I said the pain extended into one leg. Luckily just a UTI. No fun but having her monitored was nice to have a background noise of her heartbeat! You're not alone

40. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lilteacherbee: Great picture and appt!!! Hi Carter!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee