Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilteacherbee: Awwww, so cute! Ours always has his little hand up by his face in ultrasounds too!

2. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: Thanks! That is weird that you had no symptoms.

@kjpugs: Yikes! But yes, hearing the heartbeat and getting an extra set of pictures is a bonus.

@raspberries: I don't know if it's because of pregnancy or what, but this one hurts way more than the few I've had in the past. That's why I didn't suspect it at first.

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: hi, Carter!
    @getjazzy: we aren't finding out, but same as you—totally convinced LO was a boy (he is!) and firmly thinking girl this time.

I know it's still early for consistent movement, but it makes me nervous!! I don't go to the midwife until next week.

4. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We have a girl name, which we'd largely decided on before we got pregnant this time. But we've never been able to find a boy name we liked. If the genetic screening was wrong (there's a miniscule chance), we're in trouble, because I have no clue what we'd name a boy!

@krispi: That sounds awful. So glad they caught it quick and that it's an easy fix! But UTI's are so crappy.

@Mrs.Scientist: Apparently asymptomatic UTI's are (one of?) the biggest cause(s) of early water breaking/early labor. I read that recently and was really surprised. I didn't even know they were possible, much less that they were a big deal! I guess that's part of why we have to pee in so many cups!

@lilteacherbee: Awww, yay, so cute! As nervous as I am for mine, I can't wait to see her looking like a real baby! And your picture helped me remember that, so thanks for sharing!

Got some more completely frivolous baby stuff! DH got irritated with me for something that he was 100% right about, but it made me cry because I'm a crazy hormonal pregnant lady. I tried to explain that I totally agreed with him, and that it was just hormones, but he felt bad. So when he found some BRU gift cards we had forgotten about (always exciting!), he said I could take them and go buy the silly stuff that we didn't need but I, of course, want. Got some really cute clothes and some little girly fox bookends (that don't really look like bookends)! I want her room to have just a few girly touches, even though it's deliberately gender neutral. So yay! Well, except I feel bad that he felt bad, but I really did try to reassure him that he didn't do anything wrong.

5. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@lilteacherbee: I love his name!!!

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lilteacherbee: look at that cutie!! So glad you had a nice scan!

7. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@lilteacherbee: what a cutie!!

Quick question - do any of you use pregnancy body pillows? I'm getting pretty uncomfortable sleeping but am not sure if it's worth it to drop $75 on one of the special pillows. Any tips on this?

8. autumnlove

@LauraBear: I just use a regular pillow between my knees right now. I have a huge Boppy pillow from my first pregnancy that I will drag out later!

9. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@LauraBear: DH bought me a snoogle around 7 or 8 weeks, and I've been using it ever since. I only just now am getting to the point where I think I might kind of "need" it, but it's so comfy I wanted to get as much use out of it as I can!

10. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Heard the heartbeat today! We had a prenatal checkup. I took a recording so I can listen to it ALL THE TIME!

I've only gained 3 pounds since my first appointment, so I'm gonna start adding an extra snack in daily. (Yay!) But everything seems normal. Can't wait to see the lil bugger in 20 days!

11. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@LauraBear: @Torchwood: I have the snoogle too, and it's pretty awesome. If I was doing it again though, I'd probably get the mini one - I just don't need the pillow to be as long as I am.

12. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Ok, here's my strangest pregnancy symptom: pregnancy induced (and self diagnosed) gluten intolerance! I'd been feeling much better around week 15, unless I ate something like a sandwich or pasta. Then I'd feel like I was right back in the throws of week 8 morning sickness! Nauseated, foggy and i would throw up. Finally it dawned on me that maybe it was WHAT I was eating and not just being pregnant. So, I cut out gluten for five days and then ate pasta, instant symptoms and throwing up again!
    It isn't tough for me to be gluten free, but I'm morning the loss of my favorite Girl Scout cookies; samoas!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: @raspberries: @Torchwood: @Mrs. J: @autumnlove: @buttermilk: Thanks!! It was great seeing him again!

My BFF had her first ultrasound this morning and she's 10 weeks, so we're only 7 weeks apart. I'm soooo excited!!

14. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: Yay for hearing the heartbeat!! Best sound ever!

15. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@OhCaptain: Ugh, you poor thing - NOT THE SAMOAS!!! Hahaha, in all seriousness, carbs are basically getting me through this pregnancy, so I don't envy you at all - but I'm glad you figured out what was causing it. Isn't it crazy how being pregnant can mess with your body in new and ridiculous ways???

16. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Sale alert! Gap has up to 40% off online through tomorrow, so I just bought some maternity tanks, tees & leggings.

17. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@LauraBear: I tried using a pregnancy pillow at the start but it was too hot to sleep with it just yet, so I'll try it again when the weather is cooler and I'm bigger. I just used a pillow between my legs during my first pregnancy so I'll just do that if my pregnancy pillow doesn't help!

Baby has been SO active since around 8pm last night when I had ice cream, and has continued this morning! I was able to feel a few kicks with my hands and wanted dh to feel but he was sound asleep when I got to bed so hopefully baby will be active again tonight so dh can feel.

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@raspberries: it is crazy! Especially since carbs were the only thing I wanted during my first pregnancy!

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Well, we caved! DH had an unexpected day off due to an injury at work so we randomly got a same day appt for a gender scan! My daughter will have a sister! Meet Izzie! She was kicking and moving up a storm just like her big sis. Who was lifting her shirt to try to get them to put the wand on her belly, haha. We are beyond thrilled!

20. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: congrats!!!! Izzie short for Isobel?

21. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: Yep it will be short for Isabel which was DH's great grandma. We are big family name people!

22. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: oh my gosh congrats!!! how exciting!

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: Ahhhh!!! So perfect with E's name! Loooove it! Congrats, mama!

And yay for being able to re-use everything I went out and bought this baby some newborn stuff today because I know he'll have so many hand-me-downs that I felt like he needed something that's just his lol (and because N had practically no newborn clothes since he was an almost 9 lb-er)!

24. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yes the re-using was huge! B but oh, the matching outfits to buy!!!

25. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@kjpugs: Ugh, that stinks that you were on it the whole time with your last pregnancy. I really hope I'll not need it soon, but I ended up taking one yesterday and today. I'm not sure what's going on, since with my last pregnancy I was all better by 17 weeks. I guess every pregnancy is different. Hope you start feeling better soon!

@lilteacherbee: Hi Carter! Congrats on having a boy!

26. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@kjpugs: Yay, a girl! Congrats!

27. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Is anyone else suffering from heartburn and acid reflux? I had it with my last pregnancy, so I'm not too surprised to have it again. I can't eat anything spicy or acidic within a few hours of bedtime, or I can feel it rising in the back of my throat as soon as I lay down. Ugh, so gross!

28. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kjpugs: Congrats!

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain, Goldy
    August 2: MrsStar
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, kayakgirl73 , Mihzi
    August 4: Mrs. scientist
    August 5: getjazzy , dagny, Mrs. J
    August 6: lil owl
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 8: lilteacherbee
    August 9: aprild, raspberries ,Torchwood
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 13: Mrs. Microscope, FliegepilzHut
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 28: Summerbebe
    August 30: autumnlove
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

30. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@kjpugs: Congrats on a little girl! Team pink is still in the lead on here!

@aprild: I've had heartburn since the beginning. I'm on a low dosage of meds, but it's starting break through at night so I may have to up it.

31. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Thanks SO much everyone!

@Torchwood: I thought for sure there was no way because of all the tons of girls both on here and in life!

32. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: We have our boy name picked out, but we’re having a little trouble with our girl name. I originally had one picked out, but the more I think on it, the less I’m inclined to use it …

@MrsStar: I think (and hope!) it’s a girl! Unfortunately I have to wait until March 24 for my anatomy scan, and hopefully baby cooperates!

@Torchwood: I’m itching to buy baby stuff! I’m wondering if DH will let me jump the gun and buy some cloth diapers early? We were sort of waiting to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, but cloth diapers are safe to buy, right? And they’re friggin’ adorable! We also have a trip planned to fly to Tokyo in May when I’m 28 weeks for a mini babymoon. While we’re there, we’re going to hit up Ikea to buy a crib, dresser, and bookcase for the nursery since there isn’t much of a selection here on Okinawa. Luckily Tokyo Ikeas deliver! I can’t wait! And hopefully we’ll find a new place soon. We want to be in a new house before baby comes.

@LauraBear: I’m using a banana-shaped body pillow that I’ve always used. So far so good. If I have to, I’ll steal my DH’s body pillow, too, which is firmer.

@MrsStar: I haven’t felt baby move since I felt butterfly flutters once when I was 14 or 15 weeks … I’m not worried because it’s normal for FTM to not really feel anything until 18+ weeks, but still …

@AprilD: I have some acid reflux, but mostly when I stuff myself silly (which is all the time …) Spicy doesn’t seem to bother me, though. My baby’s growing on hot peppers and Tabasco sauce …

33. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mizhi: I didn't feel any movements with LO1 until 18 weeks and dh felt it around 21 weeks so very normal! I felt movements at 15 weeks this time

34. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@lilteacherbee @kjpugs: congrats ladies! so excited for you both

35. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@aprild: Yup...just kicked in for the last few days.

36. autumnlove

@kjpugs: ️congrats!!!

37. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@lilteacherbee: Hi baby! So glad your anatomy scan went well.

@Torchwood: Eek I didn't know that about asymptomatic UTIs and early labor. How scary! I guess I'm glad they make us pee in a cup so much, too!

@kjpugs: How exciting to get to have an impromptu scan! Congratulations on the little girl!

@aprild: Definitely dealing with some heartburn here, but it hasn't gotten as bad as it was in my first pregnancy yet. There's still plenty of time for that, though! Of course I've been craving hot sauce on everything lately which doesn't help things.

38. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: Yay! Sisters! Love the name.

This is totally right around the time where I question TG. I'll get over it, but DH and I keep talking about how we just wanna meet her/him!

39. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: I'm fairly certain I would die without gluten LOL... It's my main food group . I'm glad you found an answer now and can avoid it and start feeling much better!

@kjpugs: Congrats on another !!

@aprild: Shockingly not! Last time it was almost debilitating how bad it was, water or even THINKING about eating would cause it to flare up and this time, not a darn thing so far. It's so bizarre. I hope you get some relief!

40. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: MEEEE too! I questioned being TG around the same time last pregnancy and even brought it up to try and convince DH we should find out. He eventually agreed but luckily while he was deciding I had changed my mind back again. It's a tough few weeks for sure though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee