Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

A friend told me this week that women who work on their feet all day are more likely to go into early labor. His wife was a caterer and had their daughter at 35weeks.

Think that's BS?? Any of our teacher bees go early?

I work in a kitchen and literally never sit down.

2. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

My husband officially started on the nursery yesterday! After work on Friday, he picked up the wood for the wainscoting we're putting up and the paint. Yesterday, he started sanding and putting drywall mud over the imperfections in the wall. (He's a bit of a perfectionist.) It should be ready for painting by next weekend!

While he was at Home Depot, I met my mom for a bit of shopping as well and picked up several cute outfits. It's so cool to look in her closet and actually see some clothes in there. I tried not to get too much before we see what people give us as gifts, but it's so much fun to get the little clothes.

3. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: hmmm, don't know. My anecdotal evidence is contrary to his. My best friend (teacher) went to 42 weeks.

ETA: I'm not saying all teachers go to 42 weeks.

4. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@krispi: exciting!!! we are spring cleaning today in preparation for painting and getting the nursery ready in a couple Wks. I'm even excited about the cleaning lol.

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: I'm a teacher and I went to 41+3!

6. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Is anyone nesting? We're not starting the nursery until the end of April/early May but I'm super-nesting everywhere else. In the past two weeks, the master bath has been painted and a new shower head installed, a new chandelier was installed in the dining room, and the old kitchen backsplash was ripped down and a new one put up. I've also bought fabric to sew new curtains for the master bedroom, and I'm in there now giving dirty looks to the circa 1990's bass and oak ceiling fan. I'm a nesting machine Thank goodness for tax refund and work bonus checks!

7. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Put together our FB announcement (and email for those who are not on FB)! Had to borrow a car seat from a friend, hope people don't assume we are having a boy due to the blue (which is actually turquoise, and belongs to a baby girl, haha!)

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: So cute!!!!!

9. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@autumnlove: thought of you- my aunt who has 4 Los and 3 CS (one set of IVF twins) has a surprise pregnancy and double surprise- it's twins! So I will have to aka her what her doctor says about CS. I know she also has a hernia that they can't fix until she's done having kids. Insanity.

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: I had a scheduled c-section at 39+4, but didn't have a single contraction beforehand!

@Mrs. Microscope: Adorable!!

11. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: cute!

12. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Cute!

So I've changed my ultrasound date from the 17th to the 11th since my mum is having surgery on the 17th, not long now until we know the gender! (Praying baby cooperates!) And one of our baby stores is having a one day sale on Thursday and DH suggested we go buy some stuff (just clothes and toiletries since we have the big stuff) I am so excited to finally start shopping for this little bean!

13. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Anatomy scan is tomorrow; wish me luck!

14. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Ms. RV: I've been getting the urge to organize all our clutter and storage areas. For some reason, messes really bother me right now. However, it's hard to organize when you have a toddler who wants to touch everything. I'm trying to get DH to help, but he's not too interested.

@Mrs. Microscope: That is so cute! I don't think the carseat looks too boyish.

15. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: you got this! You are going to celebrate so hard tomorrow night! I can't wait for your update!

16. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: @lilteacherbee: @OhCaptain: @aprild: thanks ladies!

17. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms. RV: I cleaned the whole house top to bottom today. Working on decluttering and donating things too. To make room for all this baby stuff coming our way!

@Torchwood: so excited for you!!!

@Mrs. Microscope: love the announcement!

18. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@kjpugs: omg! Wow! Congrats to her!
    @Mrs. Microscope: cute!
    @Torchwood: good luck!

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Torchwood: Thinking about you today

20. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Torchwood: Thinking of you today! I'm sure it'll be great!

21. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Adroable announcement!
    @Torchwood: Good luck today!

Saw my doctor last week and she says I need to take better care of myself. I've been running ragged at work due to low staffing numbers and really high pressure put on my department by my boss but hearing it from the doctor really made me realize that my stupid job is not worth it. Shes not super concerned, the baby is doing great but she has noticed that my blood pressure is too low, I'm often dehydrated and I have a tendency towards ketosis from not eating enough or often enough so it was a wake up call for me to start putting myself first in this whole thing. We had forgotten to look back at my first ultrasound in terms of the dating and my mind has been such a scatter brain from work being consuming me but we finally did and my due date is actually the 3rd, not the 5th. I'm not too consumed with that though since my first was way late, and they changed my due date a few times with him too but ya.

My heartburn has started up again like CRAZY. I had it so terrible with my first, and I thought maybe I would escape it for this pregnancy because by this point with LO, it was already in full swing. I was wrong though, it's here

22. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: all my fingers and toes are crossed! Sending so much love.

23. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@Ms. RV: I started nesting like crazy yesterday! I cleaned our condo from top to bottom and then went through both closets and dressers in our master bedroom, re-organized/de-cluttered and sent my husband to Salvation Army with about six bags of items to donate. Over the next few weekends I plan to do the same with the bathrooms/linen closet, my son's room, the kitchen, and the guestroom/office. My plan had been to do all that before LO#1 came but he ended up arriving about 3 weeks early so I didn't get to finish everything. Then after he came of course none of it got done and things only got worse with all the extra baby clutter. I think that's what has me in nesting mode extra early this time around. I could barely walk by the time I fell into bed last night, though. My hips/lower back are really starting to kill me just like in my last pregnancy.

@Torchwood: good luck today!

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: so cute!!
    @torchwood: we are with you today!!
    @getjazzy: take care of yourself, lady!! You and that baby are #1 priority!

25. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: you are on my mind girl!

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Torchwood: Have a GREAT anatomy scan!!! Can't wait to hear how perfect it was.

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

So finally I experience something new with this pregnancy- round ligament pain. Woof. Scared the hell out of me til I figured it out. I guess all the chasing/lifting I'm doing (aka todzilla aka DD) doesn't make it better.

On a good note here's our "girl" announcement photo of baby IZZIE!

28. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: adorable!

@Torchwood: thinking of you!!

29. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@kjpugs: super cute!!

30. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: that is a really cute and unique announcement!

Uh, I feel like this pregnancy is so uneventful. I'm 15 weeks today and feel no movement. My appointments always feel so far away - next one is next Friday when I'm 16+4. I still don't know the gender, unlike most of you all, and have only seen the baby in ultrasound once - around 9/10 weeks.

I wish I could at least feel the baby soon!

31. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lulibee: don't worry, it can happen any day now!!! I felt nothing but gas forever and then all of a sudden - baby!!!

32. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@buttermilk: I hope so. Whenever I wake up in the middle of the night I try to lay still on my back and see if I feel anything. Nothing yet

33. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Ugh...my aunt just outed me on FB! We haven't had a chance to tell everyone yet so I'm pretty annoyed. now I'm trying to decide whether to send emails to my friends that I was waiting to tell in person or hope no one notices...

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@abmamma: Ugh! Did she post on your wall? If so, I'd just delete it and send her a message telling her not everyone knows yet - or did she update her status or something? If the latter, she'd definitely be getting a WTF phone call from me where I'd ask her to take it down or at least edit out the part about you!!

35. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@raspberries: she posted on my timeline. The tricky part is that it was part of a happy birthday post (e.g. Happy birthday and congrats on baby #2)- so I feel a little bad about giving her a piece of my mind. I should have foreseen this though- she has a huge mouth and over shares on FB all the time. I think at this point I'm just going to call the two really good friends who probably saw it and email everyone else we hadn't told yet. Aside from the two good friends, I'm annoyed because I haven't told anyone at work yet and am FB friends with a couple of coworkers. But I don't think they will say anything to anyone. Just annoying!

36. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@abmamma: Yeah, that's awkward... maybe it'll get lost in the rest of your happy birthday posts and no one else will really notice? I waited to tell my mother-in-law til the very last minute specifically because she overshares everrrything on FB. Happy birthday, by the way!

37. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@raspberries: thanks

38. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: Definitely going to from now on!
    @lulibee: I hope you start feeling some movement soon!! I was just trying to remember when I started feeling movement consistently with my first because it seems like this baby is taking forever. I've felt some movement here and there but nothing frequent yet.
    @kjpugs: Adorable
    @abmamma: Ugh! That sucks!! My aunt outed me on FB when I got engaged and I was pissed so I actually turned off my wall for this pregnancy. I knew either she, or one of DH's aunts would probably blow it before we had a chance to tell everyone that we wanted to. Could you quickly delete it? Or is it too late now? Happy birthday!

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I feel like I can finally breathe! LO's brain (and everything else) looks totally normal. There is some minor concern about a couple of small spots on the placenta that look like they're not working well, but it's just something to monitor, from what she said, not anything scary. As long as LO's growth doesn't fall behind (she's a little ahead right now!), no worries. So while part of me is just wondering why I can't have a 100% normal pregnancy (?!?!), I am so, so relieved. And kind of freaking out; we're actually having a baby!

ETA- The extra monitoring just means more ultrasounds, which I was going to monitor anyway, so that works out a little.

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: CONGRATS mama! I'm so happy to hear this news. And you can finally breathe!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee