Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Ok ladies! Had our anatomy scan today......
    It's a GIRL!!! I'm totally in shock, even though I had a feeling from the beginning it was a girl. I think I'm in shock that I'm actually having a second baby! So many on this board!

2. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@OhCaptain: ️congrats!

3. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@OhCaptain: sucks huh? What kind of weight lifting were you doing. I was just doing the Les Mills Pump program...I lost 12 pounds doing it for 3 months. I'm definitely getting back to that after baby!

4. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@OhCaptain: Ohhh congrats! Girl...yeah!

5. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@lulibee: I had finished the program "new rules of lifting for women." By Alwyn cosgrove, I loved it! After that I was sort of bouncing around training plans and then I got pregnant. Right now I'm following the workouts on http://www.crossfitmom.com or just doing my own thing, but at about half my weight. After baby comes I think I'm going to check out Jen Sinkler's "lift weights faster" program. It's like body pump, lower/medium weights for higher reps for fat loss.

6. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@OhCaptain: Yay! There are lots of girls this month!

7. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsStar: @OhCaptain: congrats on your little ladies!

So exciting as the anatomy scan results come in!

8. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@OhCaptain: @mrsstar: congrats on good scans and !!!

9. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsStar: @OhCaptain: Congrats on having a girl!

Just two more days until I find out! I can't wait!

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

So many girls!!

August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain , Goldy
    August 2: MrsStar
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, kayakgirl73 , Mihzi
    August 4: Mrs. scientist
    August 5: getjazzy , dagny, Mrs. J
    August 6: lil owl
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 8: lilteacherbee
    August 9: aprild, raspberries ,Torchwood
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 13: Mrs. Microscope, FliegepilzHut
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 28: Summerbebe
    August 30: autumnlove
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: yay!! Congrats

12. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@OhCaptain: oh girl you are hardcore! That website looks scary to me!

13. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Congrats on all of the good anatomy scans! I worry a bit about ya'll too, so I'm relieved they're all going well! And all these girls!

Those who are feeling movement, do you find it distracting? I keep laying in bed at night focusing on her instead of trying to sleep! It definitely keeps me up, but only because I'm focusing on it, not because it's big enough to keep me awake.

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: YAYYY! Can't believe all the girls! Congrats!

15. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Torchwood: Yes! Or sometimes lose focus at a meeting at work because I'm focusing on the movement.

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsStar: @OhCaptain: congrats on your little girls!!!!

17. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: I'm not feeling baby enough yet for it to be too distracting. Usually just for a few mins in the AM or before bed, then it disappears.

18. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

This is the second time now that I've woke up having a dream about breastfeeding my dog. Ugh!! Worst dream ever!!!

19. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@lilteacherbee: That's adorable about the kids noticing and rubbing your belly!! The most unoffensive random belly rubs for sure, much better than strangers in a grocery store!

@MrsStar: @OhCaptain: Congrats on your girls, mama!! Girlies taking over the August board

Loving all these reveals! When are everyone's anatomy scan/reveal dates? Lots to look forward to.

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: mine is in 11 days! 3/23!

21. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: I have an appt next Friday, where I'll be 16+4. I don't think they'll do the scan then though Will probably have to wait until 20 weeks - boo

22. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsStar: @OhCaptain: Yay, congratulations ladies!!!!

@buttermilk: Hahahaha, aren't pregnancy dreams the strangest??? I've been having weird ones too - last night I saw a commercial for one of those app war games (the one Kate Upton is in) and then had dreams ALL. NIGHT. LONG. about people catapulting things at our house.

23. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

I have an ultrasound appt for tomorrow 3/13. I'll be 16+3. My OB sends her patients to a perinatologist for ultrasounds so they have good machines. She said (my OB) that they should be able to tell gender. AHHH! I am trying not to get my hopes up, but basically, really getting my hopes up that they will be able to tell tomorrow. If not, I'll have a regular anatomy scan at 20 wks.

So I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 3.5 lbs in 2 weeks Need to slow down a little!!!

24. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@OhCaptain: Congratulations on the girl! I've had this gut feeling since the beginning that mine is a girl but now with so many girls in this group I'm not so sure!!

@Torchwood: baby has really picked up with the movement this week and it has been totally distracting. Yesterday I was in a meeting at work trying to explain something and kept getting sidetracked because baby was doing cartwheels inside me.

@buttermilk: LOL that is a hilarious dream to have.

@getjazzy: we are having our scan and finding out the gender on Tuesday. I'll be exactly 20 weeks and I'm going crazy with anticipation!!

25. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@getjazzy: My anatomy scan is Tuesday after next-- 3/24!

26. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@OhCaptain: congratulations!

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@raspberries: Lolol the weirdest! That dream was so graphic and I cannot stop thinking about it! I must be having some anxiety about breastfeeding, or just baby anxiety in general. Bc I also have a recurring dream where I totally forget about the baby and neglect it. Like realize it's been 24 hrs since I fed it or even saw it. And DH (in the dream) doesn't understand why that's a big deal. Lol!

@Mrs.Scientist: @FliegepilzHut: @MrsADS: we are all getting so close! You too @lulibee: just hang in there!

28. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mrsstar: @ohcaptain: congrats on the girls!!

29. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mrs. microscope: @lulibee @ms. rv @lilteacherbee glad to know i'm not the only one who has had an increase in appetite! i'm 16 weeks tomorrow and i've only gained about 2 lbs so maybe that is it?? maybe the fact that i sit at a computer all day for work has something to do with it too...

@buttermilk: i loooove my dog but haven't had that dream yet. dh and i talk to the dog all the time about the baby, though. our dog is a 90lb lab so hoping a similar dream doesn't happen. yikes!! i have definitely had dreams about forgetting to feed the baby, though!! i get so anxious in the dreams about it...

30. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@lulibee: i'm in the same boat as you. i'm 16 weeks tomorrow and my midwife said i have to wait until april 14th for the anatomy scan the doctor at our NT scan gave us a guess of a boy but who knows if that is right! hope april is here before we know it!

31. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

I realized I wasn't on the list so I just added myself - hope y'all don't mind!

August 2015 Mamas
    August 1: OhCaptain , Goldy
    August 2: MrsStar
    August 3: Anutka, Joneo6o3, kayakgirl73 , Mihzi
    August 4: Mrs. scientist
    August 5: getjazzy , dagny, Mrs. J
    August 6: lil owl
    August 7: MrsStormy
    August 8: lilteacherbee
    August 9: aprild, raspberries :boy:,Torchwood
    August 10: Ms. RV
    August 11: buttermilk
    August 13: Mrs. Microscope, FliegepilzHut
    August 14: abmamma
    August 15: Anagram
    August 16: krispi
    August 19: BamaBee
    August 21: MissLace
    August 22: kjpugs
    August 23: mommygrace
    August 25: MrsADS
    August 28: Summerbebe, LauraBear
    August 30: autumnlove
    August 31: lulibee
    TBD: pinkcrayon

32. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I've had that dream! Just about our younger dog though; I think he's more my "baby." It was SO weird! And plenty of dreams about not being prepared, and breastfeeding not going well in general. Definitely working through some anxiety there! I had the same sorts of not ready in time dreams before my wedding.

33. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Is anyone else having a lot of weird cramps/pain? I am pretty sure it's just round ligament pain, everything stretching out, but sometimes I get a little nervous.

*Sometimes* it feels almost like menstrual cramps, even in my back a little, but it usually goes away after a few minutes. Mostly, it's like weird zaps of pain in my lower abdomen or almost in my crotch.

I am guessing this is probably ok, but... anyone else?

34. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsADS: Yep...especially last week I was having lots of little (brief) bizarre pains! Because they never lasted more than a few seconds, I tried not to let them worry me.

ETA: I chalked it up to maybe "stretching"?

35. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: I've had these as well - sometimes they feel like menstrual cramps, but like yours, they don't last but a few seconds at a time. I think it might be the uterus pressing on the intestines too -- my constipation has started to get worse

36. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsADS: Ditto the pains
    @LauraBear: Ditto the constipation

37. lulibee

cherry / 215 posts

@LauraBear: I didnt' even have the NT scan I guess there is the option to do the ultrasound + bloodwork (which has to be done earlier on) or just bloodwork - so next week is when I think I do the bloodwork. That's why I have a feeling they're gonna make me wait until 20 weeks to do just the anatomy scan

38. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Thanks Ladies!

39. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@lulibee: oh boo! Yeah, I'm 31 and low-risk so didn't have to do it but we decided to go for the ultrasound and bloodwork cause the midwife said we would only have the anatomy ultrasound if we didn't. I was kind of naive and ended up being anxious throughout the scan because it took almost 40 minutes for them to get all the pictures they needed. So maybe just bloodwork is the way to go?

40. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@MrsADS: Yep, I've been experiencing the same kind of cramping/pain. It's totally normal from stretching and round ligament pain, like you said. For me it's basically the same type of pain I had with LO#1, although every once in awhile I'll get a particularly sharp pain around where my c-section incision was made. I assume it's just from the scar tissue around it stretching but it makes me a little nervous sometimes,

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee