Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 Labor Watch

1. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: yay!

2. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@coopsmama: ahhhh thinking of you! Baby time!!

3. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

She's here! Craziest labor ever - I will try and write up a birth story later. She is 8lbs, 9oz and was born without medication (my first natural delivery!) at 7:22pm after 17 minutes of pushing.

4. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@coopsmama: congratulations!!!

5. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it.

6. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: Congrats!! Is she still Sylvie?

7. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@coopsmama: Wonderful news--congratulations!

8. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: congrats! Can't wait to read the birth story!

9. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: @AprilFool: @pwnstar: @OldpuebloJenn: thank you all! We are overjoyed she is here safe and sound! And I am so thankful to not be pregnant anymore - was expecting I would end up going another week!

@AprilFool: I would say we are 95% sure she is Sylvie. My kids are 100% sure so that's probably the biggest deciding factor!

10. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@coopsmama: Congratulations, friend! I'm so happy for you!

11. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: that's great your kids love the name! Funny how that's so important. We liked the name Brooke but the kids kept pronouncing it Brick so it lost its appeal!

12. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Oh gosh, that would ruin a name for me, too! Isn't that funny how that happens? DH says he wants to look at her a few more times - since he was the one doubting his original pick - but I have told him it is still up to him so just leaving it in his court! Our other top name is Della I think. He is sleeping now - will have to pester him to make it official when he wakes up!

I love the name Cora btw! Great choice.

@twodoghouse: Thank you!

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@coopsmama: congrats, so glad she's here!!

14. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@coopsmama: congratulations!!

15. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: congratulations! I came here just to look for your baby news!! Please post labor and delivery details soon! And I want to hear how your labor finally started!! I love the name Sylvie. What about Sylvie Della??? Congrats again!

16. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@coopsmama: Both beautiful choices!

17. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: congratulations!!! just seeing this, so thrilled for you. can't wait to read your story hope you guys are getting lots of rest. (and still love love love the name Sylvia!)

18. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@coopsmama: Congratulations!!

19. T.H.O.U.

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 1 Months, 10 Days
    Thismustbetheplace (#2 born 7/28) - w, 0 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22) - 0 Months, 30 Days
    Umberto (#1 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 23 Days
    TeawithPaloma (#2 Dominic born 8/5) - 0 Months, 16 Days
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 1 Months, 0 Days
    pregnantbee (#2 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 23 Days
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 1 Months, 8 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 1 Months, 9 Days
    MrsBeluga (#2 born 8/5) - 0 Months, 16 Days
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 1 Months, 9 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 1 Months, 3 Days
    silva (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 10 Days
    coopsmama (#3 born 8/18) - 0 Months, 3 Days
    Glitter (#2 Juliet born 7/31 ) - 0 Months, 21 Days
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 40 w, 5 d
    MrsSCB (#1 born 8/17) - 0 Months, 4 Days
    T.H.O.U. (#3 born 8/14) - 0 Months, 7 Days
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 40 w, 4 d
    pwnstar (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 10 Days
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 40 w, 2 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 40 w, 3 d
    shootingstar (#2 born 8/16) - 0 Months, 5 Days
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 39 w, 4 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 39 w, 3 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 39 w, 0 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 38 w, 6 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 38 w, 5 d

20. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Oh, thanks for updating this! S was actually born a day earlier though! 8/18!

21. T.H.O.U.

@OldpuebloJenn: I hope you're hanging in there!

@stratosphere: how are you doing?

22. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

Hope everyone had a great weekend! All the remaining preggos feeling good and ready, like me?

23. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

I want to see some updates on this thread! Did anyone go into labor over the weekend?

24. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'm hanging in. I have my 41 week appt today. On Friday I had an NST and was checked- I was 5cm, 75% and baby was at +1. My midwife did a membrane strip, but beyond some mild cramping and light spotting nothing came out of that.

25. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: omg id be going crazy with that kind of progress!!! I hope it starts soon for you

26. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@Silva: trust me, I'm thisclose to crazy.

27. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: you have my sympathy. It's so hard.

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Hang in there! You're so so close!

29. T.H.O.U.

@OldpuebloJenn: hang in there! Sending you virtual hugs and cupcakes!

30. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Oh my goodness, I feel for you. That was me with my second baby! It was awful waiting. I had two membrane sweeps with my second that did absolutely nothing but cause some minor spotting BUT with this baby I had a membrane sweep Wednesday and had her Thursday. The difference between my membrane sweep experiences is that I could tell the midwife last week realllllly put some effort into it haha - it hurt and lasted a minute or two!! I had blood right away and mucus and blood the next morning that didn't stop until she was born. Was the membrane sweep painful? I wonder if they would try again today!!

31. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: it was really painful- and tmi- but the midwife with the longest fingers came in to do it! Lolsob! This baby just isn't ready, and I really want to honor my body, the baby and the process, but I also want this effing baby out! So conflicting!

32. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@coopsmama: I wish! I want to come join you on the pp board, the old one is a ghost town.

@OldpuebloJenn: hang in there, lady--your patience is saintly. I hope it's not too much longer

@MrsKerch: yap, same, 39+4 and very ready. this past weekend all of my family and good friends called me with "soooooo how's it GOING", and I think their eagerness is just making me more impatient to meet this baby

@agold: how are you doing, lady?

33. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I am with you and I'm only 39 weeks! We had so much commotion at 35-36 weeks I thought there was no way I'd make it to this point still pregnant! You've made great progress though, all I've heard so far is that I'm continuing to efface but zero dilation or downward progress. Sending everyone happy, peaceful, patient thoughts!

34. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@LCTBQE: oh the concerned family members. I love them but I am also THIS CLOSE to turning my dang phone off until we head to the hospital!

35. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@MrsKerch: I know! their enthusiasm is super sweet but I'm getting so desperately ready to go/sick of pregnancy that it feels like every single conversation where someone tells me they expect me to go into labor any minute now makes me feel even further away from this ever happening.

ETA: seriously, it's just whining at this point

36. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: @MrsKerch: @LCTBQE: I promise you won't all be pregnant forever. Babies? Are you listening? Your lease has expired. Get out now!!

37. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

I had one more membrane sweep today, and all the fingers crossed this does something.

Thanks all for the happy thoughts!

38. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: I hope it does the trick for you!

39. T.H.O.U.

@OldpuebloJenn: I had some good success pumping one side at a time for 15 min.

40. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: At least it should go quick when the time comes since you are already a 5

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee