Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Hey August moms! What's going on??? What is everyone up to?

2. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Hi!! My induction got bumped. So I'm trying to get anything I can started at home. Going to be a long weekend.

3. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pwnstar: Congrats! He is beautiful

4. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Oh no! Bumped to when? Sorry to hear that. When I was induced with #2 I got bumped only about 6 hours and that was frustrating enough and it sounds like you have to wait the weekend???

@agold: Hello, hello! I'm just enjoying a long weekend with DH who has today off. We took our kids to feed some ducks and geese this morning which they LOVED and are planning on getting take out after their naps tonight and taking them to their favorite park and just enjoying the nice weather. Nothing on the baby front. I have an NST scheduled for next Wednesday and then a BPP on the following Monday should it be necessary.

5. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pwnstar: Dang he's cute!! Thanks for the update and congrats to all of you! Hope your recovery goes well.

6. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@pregnantbee: Love love loved reading your full birth story! Sounds like it could not have gone better.

7. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Silva: Happy HE (yay!) is here but sorry to hear it was a long labor! I hope you guys are both resting up and that you're enjoying that sweet little guy. Congrats!!

8. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Boo to being bumped. Hope you can get something started at home

9. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

I had my last day of WFH today, and my parents got here this afternoon. We're taking Monday off and baby will be here Tuesday morning! I. Can. Not. Wait. Yesterday at 38 + 3 I was measuring 40w and the OB was like "yeah, you're uncomfortable, huh?" You think?! LOL.

10. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Thank you! It really was my dream L&D!

11. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Oh no about being bumped. Now what?

@ShootingStar: Yay last day WFM! Have a great last pre-baby weekend!

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: That sounds like such a dreamy day with your husband and your babies. I'm really planning on having the same sort of days during my maternity leave. I hope it works out that way for me! What is a BPP?

@ShootingStar: That's great you are done with work. I bet it will be nice to have your mom come. Do you have a c-section or induction scheduled for Monday? That's coming up so soon!

13. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I hope not bumped for too long!

We're going out to one of our favorite restaurants tonight for a last date night. My family arrives tomorrow and are taking us out to dinner for my (belated) bday. So mostly eating and waiting over here

14. T.H.O.U.

There have been four women in front of me all day.

15. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Will they not do a weekend induction? I know my hospital prefers not to but will.

16. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: This is such a bummer that you are now on a waiting list. Can you please tell me again why you are being induced? Do you plan to get the epidural when you are induced? I'm faced with an August 31st induction if my baby doesn't come before then and I'm terrified!

17. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: I just realized that you are two days past your due date. That's exciting! Did your other kids come late? Does your doctor plan to induce you at any time if the baby doesn't come? Do you know if you are showing any signs of labor, like dilation or effaced or contractions and such?

18. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@agold: C-section at 8:30 😊

19. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: Oh! A BPP is a biophysical profile ultrasound where they look for cord and placenta issues and measure the water levels. Sorry for the short hand. My first baby was 4 days late and came spontaneously and with not warning - labor just started suddenly and he was here. My second I was induced at 13 days late by my choice. Yes, I have dilation and effacement this time and occasional contractions this time but really am not using any of that to gauge when baby could show up since I was so closed up with baby 1 and he came spontaneously and was hanging wide open at 4cm and 90% effaced with number 2 and still went to an induction!

My midwives will actually let me go as far as I please so long as things look good on ultrasounds and NSTs but if I went past 42 would have to go in for DAILY monitoring. Yeah...no thanks. That's beyond our comfort level, anyway. But that being said I personally don't really think inductions before 41 weeks are healthy for the baby and my hospital doesn't really like to do them until then so at this point the earliest an induction would be scheduled for is next weekend unless medically indicated by my NST!

20. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ShootingStar: Wow! How exciting! I hope that it goes well and you recovery quickly and nicely.

21. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: This is all very interesting! So I am having the BPPs, also, twice a week. Thank god I have nice nurses who are working with me to find good pockets of amniotic fluid. I just learned that the blue and red that pops up on the ultrasound is often the umbilical cord filling up a pocket of fluid so that the fluid can't be measured! So crazy.

So that's just so crazy that one day your started labor with your first baby and he came! That must have been so exciting and I'm assuming you were ready since he was 4 days late. And then how crazy to be "hanging wide open" with baby number 2 and he still didn't come on his own! Can you tell me why you don't think inductions at 41 weeks are healthy for the baby? I worry about inductions in general and don't want to force my body to do something its not ready to do unless there's a medical issue why. I mean, i already forced my body to get pregnant and I'm still trying to get over that.

22. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: yes. They said they will continue working through the list. But I'm guessing the list may move even slower with less staff on weekends.

@agold: my other two were large and inductions went well. I'm favorable so they are fine just doing the same thing for #3. I did have epidural with the other two but not until 7-8 cm

23. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: It's nice that your care provider is proactive and that your water levels are being monitored! That is very comforting.

So, read this article about due dates: http://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-on-inducing-labor-for-going-past-your-due-date/ It's a good summary of the modern research on due dates and how it's likely that 40+5 is actually a much more accurate "due date" than the typical 40 week rule. There's a lot that goes into it, but it's an interesting read. At any rate, it's definitely a personal decision between a pregnant woman and her doctors but many providers like to inflate the risks and, if you read through that article/the most recent journal studies, you'll see that the risks do creep up slightly but aren't actually as significant as what you might be lead to believe! Still, a very personal decision. I tend to err on the side for myself that I would like my body to be as prepped as possible before an induction and when I had mine at 13 days late it was easy peasy because my body was completely ready to go into labor. At this point that doesn't appear to be the case yet with this baby so we will expectantly wait for labor to begin and, if not, do some tests to insure baby is still growing well, my fluid levels aren't decreasing, and induce when my body seems to indicate the time is right! That said, I told my provider today, if something seems "off" I would take a c-section in an instant!! So if medically indicated I think the wise thing to do is to schedule a c-section or induction asap! Sorry...I'm rambling. But just my thoughts as a third time mama who is late again for the this time.

24. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Awesome for you for holding out on the epidural! I've heard the pitocin contractions can be awful. I wish you the best of luck with your delivery! I'm going to check back during the weekend to see what's going on with you!

@coopsmama: I do appreciate your "rambling"! I'm going to read the article you provided over the weekend. And yes, my doctor seemed to inflate the risks of going past 41 weeks - she said the rate of still birth increases. Gees. Way to scare a girl into agreeing to an induction!! She said someone would call me on my due date to schedule my induction for the 31. Maybe I will just ask for a few more days than that. My OB said that she will be on vacation or whatever after that. But really... I haven't developed any kind of strong relationship with her so I don't really care who delivers my baby.

Well girls.. I have so much work to do, but I'm coming back to the office on Sunday and my husband just got home early from his work conference. Soooo.. I'm out! Have a great weekend. I'll check back again Sunday. I hope some more babies are born by then!!

25. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Darn! Well, glad you're on the list and hoping they get to you soon!

26. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Thinking of you all. Hope we meet some more babies this weekend!

27. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@pwnstar: Congratulations!!

28. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@ShootingStar: Good luck!

29. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

Hello everyone! Congrats to all the new mamas!!!

I was MIA because finishing up work plus toddler plus third trimester was NUTS for me. My job is kind of insane on a good week, so getting things squared away was super challenging and led to long hours.

But I've been on maternity leave this week (due next week, and C-section scheduled for Tuesday at 8am) and finally catching up with life (and rest).

39 weeks today - officially two weeks more pregnant than I've ever been before! DD came at 37+0 and I carried super small with her, so I never really got uncomfortable before. This time I feel huge and those last two weeks make a big difference in feeling ready for baby!

Unfortunately my DH out of the blue ended up in the ER/hospital for 24 hours and just got discharged last night but still isn't feeling great and may have to go back (and we are on labor watch for me - so stressful!). He has an unexplained partial bowel obstruction so is on a liquid diet and they're just hoping that makes it go away...while we watch and wait to see if he has to go back in the hospital or have surgery. We cannot believe the timing. He is the healthiest person I know, so for this to come up randomly when I'm 39 weeks pregnant and scheduled for a C-section in a few days...well, it's crappy timing.

I was 50% effaced and 1.5 cm dilated at my Tues appt (38.5 weeks) but only a handful of sporadic real contractions that I have noticed. I think baby has dropped a bit as I can breathe much more easily yesterday/today and I can't even sit down without my belly totally squishing into my thighs (baby was so high before I had lots of room between belly and thighs when sitting -- also I am 6' tall and have a LONG torso). I would love to go into labor before my Tues C-section - I will try for a VBAC if so. But then I also want my DH to feel better, so I want more time before baby comes.

My mom arrives on Sunday so I feel like everything will be OK once she's here. Can't believe I'm so close to meeting this little guy already!

30. T.H.O.U.

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 1 Months, 2 Days
    Thismustbetheplace (#2 born 7/28) - w, 0 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22) - 0 Months, 22 Days
    Umberto (#1 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 15 Days
    TeawithPaloma (#2 Dominic born 8/5) - 0 Months, 8 Days
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 0 Months, 23 Days
    pregnantbee (#2 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 15 Days
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 1 Months, 0 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 1 Months, 1 Days
    MrsBeluga (#2 born 8/5) - 0 Months, 8 Days
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 1 Months, 1 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 0 Months, 26 Days
    silva (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 2 Days
    August 11: coopsmama (#3 ) - 40 w, 2 d
    Glitter (#2 Juliet born 7/31 ) - 0 Months, 13 Days
    August 16: oldpuebloJenn (#2 ) - 39 w, 4 d
    August 16: MrsSCB (#1 ) - 39 w, 4 d
    August 16: T.H.O.U. (#3 ) - 39 w, 4 d
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 39 w, 3 d
    pwnstar (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 2 Days
    August 19: stratosphere (#2 C/S 8/16) - 39 w, 1 d
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 39 w, 2 d
    August 22: shootingstar (#2 C/S 8/16) - 38 w, 5 d
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 38 w, 3 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 38 w, 2 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 ) - 37 w, 6 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 37 w, 5 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 ) - 37 w, 4 d

31. T.H.O.U.

We should have some more babies coming really soon! I'll do my best to keep updating this list.

32. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Any update on your induction?

@stratosphere: Oh my word! So sorry to hear about your DH. What a stress at the end of pregnancy. I hope that you guys are able to relax a bit this weekend in prep for your c-section this week.

33. T.H.O.U.

@coopsmama: still home

34. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@T.H.O.U.:

35. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@stratosphere: Ugh. I'm sorry about your husband. What awful timing I hope it turns out to be nothing and that he feels better ASAP. So exciting regardless that you get to meet your baby soon

36. Pirouette

pomegranate / 3331 posts

@pwnstar: and @silva: omg!!! A belated congrats! I'm so sorry to be late, i had a ridiculous week. @pwnstar: what a beauty! I hope you guys are doing great and enjoying the first few days of newbornness

We have 2 babies scheduled for tues am? How awesome! This could be a big week!

@pregnantbee: you look amazing, holy crap! I bought one of those bands and literally never wore it. It didn't fit right, was uncomfortable, and was too close to my scar. I found it the other day and was like "why didn't i return this?"

@stratosphere: thinking of your husband, what a nightmare!!

@LCTBQE: how are you holding up in this heat? I've started cabbing it back and forth from my doctor's office because it's too hot to even entertain the subway. So done with this heat!

As for me, i still have 7 more work days to go until leave, and then will have either one or two days before baby. So so ready to meet this little guy!

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: It's amazing how evenly the boys and girls are split on this board! Thanks for keeping it updated.

38. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Pirouette: Thank you! Yay for almost being done with work!

39. T.H.O.U.

We are all checked in for our induction. I may update more details on the gold thread. If not I'll come back here when baby is born!

40. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee