Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: Good for you for getting a pedicure! Pay a little extra and get 5 minutes more of massage!!

@MrsSCB: That sounds great! I think my baby is engaged! I'd like to get a yoga ball to roll around on. I heard that helps baby get into a good position. But they are huge and I wouldn't want it in my house longer than necessary.

2. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@agold: Yeah, that's kind of why I haven't bothered to get one. There is one in our apartment gym, so I should just go down there and sit on it. Or maybe sneak it upstairs for a visit...

3. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@MrsSCB: I'd sneak it up to your own place for a tiny bit each day!!!

4. MrsKerch

apricot / 256 posts

@agold: @mrsscb: I've been sitting on mine all day as I work from home. Definitely "feel" more when I do but I don't think our babe has dropped at all yet either. We'll see. One week and one day of work left for me!

5. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@stratosphere: hi lady, how did it go? thinking of you

@agold: the cramping is nothing to be jealous of, I don't think it necessarily means anything. still trying to get my work projects in a good place at the end of every day *just in case*, though. My 39w checkup is today, when is yours? wonder if they'll agree to a membrane sweep

@coopsmama: yeah, I'm not doing so great in the sack these days, either--most of why I'm encouraged to DTD is because I'm scared of what my body will be like after recovery and trying to work it in. (ha?) you're so encouraging, though, and your confidence is inspiring, really! thank you. about the peanut gallery "it's sooooo hard" people, sometimes I wonder if maybe they weren't that happy to begin with, and then they added babies into the mix. nice to hear you respectfully disagree

6. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@LCTBQE: My 39 week check up is today also! A little later this afternoon. Are you working up to your due date? Today is my last day. There's a few things I haven't finished that I felt like I should have. I feel badly leaving. But today is the first day I am feeling almost in pain and I feel like its the right time for me to leave.

7. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@agold: ooh maybe they'll tell you she's engaged and that's what the pain is??

I've been working (mostly) from home for a week now, which has been nice, but I'm on duty and on the hook for producing artwork until *labor*, not just the due date--so if he's late, I'll be here at my kitchen table chipping away at my projects--just don't want to lose mat leave time. It's great that you're going to be OOO from here on out! so nice to not waste 90 minutes a day primping and commuting

8. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@agold: happy last day of work

9. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Yaaaaas! My husband picked up some of the coveted popsicles for me this eve

10. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@pregnantbee: what are the Popsicles?? I was just at Costco and forgot.

11. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

So I wish I could say my last day was enjoyable, or that I knew I was definitively done with work for the next three months. I don't think my boss will go two days without at least emailing me and two weeks without asking me to do something. But whatever. At least I don't have to go into the office tomorrow or for quite a long time. Whew! Focusing on relaxing and getting this baby to come now!

In that regard, 39 week ob check showed that I am 70% effaced and zero dilated. That's some progress!! Anyone else ever have that much effacement and still not dilation? When can I expect her to come?

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@agold: The brand is Outshine and the ladies here were talking about them a couple weeks back. Not sure they have them still at Costco, but they're at Safeway

I don't think I've ever been effaced with no dilation, so no experience there. There's really no way to predict when baby will come. Sorry! Enjoy your days off and ignore work email

13. T.H.O.U.

@agold: it was a really nice transition for me to have two business days where they could still contact me for those "emergency" questions but I didn't have a baby yet

14. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

I'm SOOOO bored. Dd is back in school, my mom has been here for 8 days- so my house is spotless- it's 105 outside, so we can't really be out. Baby is now two days past due date... I'm bored bored bored. My mom and I are going to walk a mall till its time to pick dd from school. I'm trying to be positive, but I'm BORED.

15. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: hi there! Thinking about you and your baby! Hope labor starts soon for you.

How are all the other still-pregnant August moms??? I feel like my days and remaining hours are so precious! I am making plans for each day and getting freaked out a tad wondering when and how my labor will start. It's like im sitting on a ticking time bomb!!

16. T.H.O.U.

@OldpuebloJenn: ugh! I did a lot of shopping and it wasn't even fun shopping because there wasn't anything I could really shop for!! Any little place in your house you could decorate? I bought some new frames. Maybe a frame for a baby picture when baby does come?

17. stratosphere

apricot / 329 posts

@LCTBQE: @OldpuebloJenn: sorry for the late update but Baby Boy arrived safe and sound at my scheduled c-section on 8/16. I never did go into labor on my own prior to that (I would have tried for a VBAC) so we went forward with the c-section.

I was pretty disappointed the night before my scheduled C and was having second thoughts about pushing it back a week, but I am now quite relieved I didn't try for the VBAC after all. It turns out baby was 10lbs 11oz, 22.8" long and a head circumference of 39cm!!! He is a giant and was not engaged or descended at all and my doctor is now pretty sure he wouldn't have fit through my pelvis or if he did somehow squeeze through would have caused some serious damage on the way out--his head is enormous. We had NO IDEA he was this big--he was like 75-90 %ile on his stats at 20 week scan and I always measured fundal height exactly on track so my doc didn't suspect he would be larger than average. Yikes! He is 100+ percentile across the board. Apparently my long torso (I'm 6' tall) hid him well. I will post more in the labor watch thread, but wanted to at least give an update here! I have so enjoyed reading along on the journey with all of you! Good luck to all the ladies still waiting on the arrival of their little babes.

18. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@stratosphere: Thanks so much for your update. So even though it wasn't your first choice, sounds like it was truly the best one since he is as big as he is. Wow. Just wow. Also ow. Hope you're doing well.

19. T.H.O.U.

MRSWHIT1 (Born 7/15) - 1 Months, 14 Days
    Thismustbetheplace (#2 born 7/28) - w, 0 d
    APRILFOOL (#2 Jack born 7/22) - 1 Months, 3 Days
    Umberto (#1 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 27 Days
    TeawithPaloma (#2 Dominic born 8/5) - 0 Months, 20 Days
    dcw6411 (#3 Luke born 7/21 ) - 1 Months, 4 Days
    pregnantbee (#2 born 7/29) - 0 Months, 27 Days
    Mossyslane (#2 born 7/13) - 1 Months, 12 Days
    AANDMKLOVER (#3 Wes born 7/12) - 1 Months, 13 Days
    MrsBeluga (#2 born 8/5) - 0 Months, 20 Days
    Coffeemom (#2 born 7/12) - 1 Months, 13 Days
    mrschickpea (#1 Anya born 7/18) - 1 Months, 7 Days
    silva (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 14 Days
    coopsmama (#3 born 8/18) - 0 Months, 7 Days
    Glitter (#2 Juliet born 7/31 ) - 0 Months, 25 Days
    oldpuebloJenn (#2 born 8/23) - 0 Months, 2 Days
    MrsSCB (#1 born 8/17) - 0 Months, 8 Days
    T.H.O.U. (#3 born 8/14) - 0 Months, 11 Days
    August 17: KOALAHUGZ (#2 ) - 41 w, 1 d
    pwnstar (#2 born 8/11) - 0 Months, 14 Days
    stratosphere (#2 born 8/16) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    August 20: jojogirl (#2 ) - 41 w, 0 d
    shootingstar (#2 born 8/16) - 0 Months, 9 Days
    August 24: agold (#1 ) - 40 w, 1 d
    August 25: LCTBQE (#1 ) - 40 w, 0 d
    August 28: mrskerch (#1 Induction 8/25) - 39 w, 4 d
    August 29: clairhuxtable (#2 ) - 39 w, 3 d
    August 30: pirouette (#2 c/s 8/25) - 39 w, 2 d

20. T.H.O.U.

@stratosphere: wow! I was induced and she was 10.1 and I thought that was big!

21. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

@stratosphere: oh that's wonderful news! so glad to hear your update and excited to read the full story on the labor thread when you have some time. and my goodness, sounds like he's a healthy little lamb thank god for c-sections. I hope you both are doing great at home.
    I'm also tall with a super long torso and a little scared that my boy will be in the XL baby club, and as of today, he's late--we shall see!

22. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@stratosphere: congratulations on the birth of your baby! I'm so glad things worked out how it did for you and your baby.

23. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@stratosphere: Congratulations! And I will second @LCTBQE: with thank jeebus for modern medicine/c-sections! I had a c/s with this baby (first baby was a vaginally birth) because he was breech. I hope you recover quickly--and well!

24. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@stratosphere: Congratulations!!

25. ClairHuxtable

olive / 52 posts

Hi, ladies! Just a quick update...I went into labor and delivered at exactly 39 weeks on Monday, August 22nd! All the best to everyone!

26. T.H.O.U.

@ClairHuxtable: congratulations!!

27. MrsSCB

pomelo / 5257 posts

@ClairHuxtable: Awww, congratulations!! 🎉

28. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@ClairHuxtable: Hooray! Thanks for checking in. Congratulations!

29. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@ClairHuxtable: Congratulations!!

30. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@stratosphere: @ClairHuxtable: congrats ladies!

31. ClairHuxtable

olive / 52 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @MrsSCB: @pregnantbee: @CoffeeMom: @OldpuebloJenn: Thanks, ladies!

32. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@ClairHuxtable: congratulations!!!

My quick update: my baby girl was born Friday morning at 10:53 am. 2 days past her due date. She's perfect!!

@LCTBQE: any update from you, lady??

33. CoffeeMom

cherry / 239 posts

@agold: Congratulations!!

34. ClairHuxtable

olive / 52 posts

@agold: Congratulations!!!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee