Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

DD has a 102.9 degree fever...

1. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

Hope she's feeling better soon!

2. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@erwoo: LOL! My dad has this belief that onions cure almost everything! When he is sick, he puts bowls of onions everywhere and eats them raw like an apple. blech! It ends up smelling like Carl's Jr., but funny to hear it's a real thing!

3. erwoo

pomegranate / 3053 posts

I used sleep sacks with my oldest and now use it for my 16 month old. With my oldest (now 4) I just need to convince him to wear the socks bc he doesn't like the feeling but reluctantly wore it last time he had a fever. Hope she feels better! Get some rest yourself.

4. erwoo

pomegranate / 3053 posts

@shopaholic: Used to think my gma was weird when she put onions all over the house when someone was sick! Lol!! Now I believe in it!

5. mrbee

admin / wonderful grape / 20724 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: oh my goodness, that would be so amazing if it worked!! Can't wait to hear!!!

6. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@mrbee: @erwoo: GUYS!!! I think it actually worked!! I could tell within an hour last night that her temp dropped because her skin was no longer burning hot to the touch, and this morning her temp is at 99.8. The onions are kind of brown now, but I wonder if that's just from oxidation.

She's still coughing and moody, but no fever this morning.

7. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: That's great! I kind of heard about the onion for fever, but never really looked into it.. we'll have to try that next time!

8. BabyBoecksMom

GOLD / papaya / 10166 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: Wow - I'm impressed to hear that worked. I'll have to remember that when DD gets a fever.

9. erwoo

pomegranate / 3053 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: Oh, I'm so glad the onions worked for you too! Hope she feels better soon!

10. mrbee

admin / wonderful grape / 20724 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: wow!!!

11. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: wow!! That's awesome. I'm totally trying it sometime.

12. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@Mrs. High Heels: I'm so glad the fever is gone! I'm with you in that I have this irrational fear of fevers in my LO, and of course my LO is a monster to try and get Tylenol or Advil into, so it makes it even worse. Hoping her fever stays down!

And the onion trick sounds amazing - I am going to have to try that one sometime!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee